Gladiator vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
fight takes place in the roman arena circa 100 BC...dehydration is not an issue for namor.

llagrok
Gladiator 10/10

JasonK4
Gladiator

snoopdogg
Gladiator. Unless he decided to duke it out with Namor even then he'd still win imo.

norrinradd43
Originally posted by llagrok
Gladiator 10/10 Damn not even one win for Namor?

llagrok
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Damn not even one win for Namor?

I don't see how smile

norrinradd43
i forgot to say they cant leave the Arena so no flight for either

norrinradd43
After reading Namor's respect thread I came to the conclusion that he could give gladiator a good fight.

quanchi112
gladiator wins

guy222
fight takes place in the roman arena circa 100 BC...dehydration is not an issue for namor.

Kallark takes the majority

Lucid Lui
Gladiator.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by JasonK4
Gladiator

colonelf40
even though im a SUB-MARINER! fan, glads takes this 1000%

not unless subby got some kind of power boost that i never knew of?

Faceman
Gladiator...

spidey-dude
in the water maybe namor has a shot but outside glads wins.

Alfheim
Gladiator wins.

C. Jack Harness
Glads.

10/10

strengthkills
If they duke it out,Namor is fully capable of at least 4/10.

C. Jack Harness
Originally posted by strengthkills
If they duke it out,Namor is fully capable of at least 4/10.

I donno. Glads speed and strength are up there with Superman, and I don't think Namor can match him. I love him but hes dead meat.

Alfheim
Originally posted by C. Jack Harness
I donno. Glads speed and strength are up there with Superman, and I don't think Namor can match him. I love him but hes dead meat.

Didnt Thor take Glads out in H2H on several occassions?

C. Jack Harness
Originally posted by Alfheim

Thor > Namor.

When Namor thought Thor he had to use tricks and speed and flying AND the surroundings. There's quite a difference in strengths.

strengthkills
Didnt Thor take Glads out in H2H on several occassions? Namor fresh out of water was doing quite well against Imm.Hercules,strength isnt a problem.

C. Jack Harness
Originally posted by strengthkills
Namor fresh out of water was doing quite well against Imm.Hercules,strength isnt a problem. It was. Namor used flying etc and was chucked into water quite a bit in that fight. Herc would have bested him in strength.

Everyone is also forgetting Glads speed.

strengthkills
It was. Namor used flying etc and was chucked into water quite a bit in that fight. Herc would have bested him in strength.

Everyone is also forgetting Glads speed. He had to herc was throwing boulders at him,Gladiator forgets his own speed.

C. Jack Harness
But on the forum they go all out so he wont forget it, so he uses it which is overkill.

Also I think he threw it because Namor started flying. Hard to remember.

Alfheim
Thor > Namor.

When Namor thought Thor he had to use tricks and speed and flying AND the surroundings. There's quite a difference in strengths.

Yeah but you refered to speed there is nothing to say that Thor is partculary fast, so if you are saying that Glad is as fast as Thor its no big deal. It seems that Namor is faster than Thor so that will be an advantage.

endrict
Yah Namor isn't at Glads level, Glads 10/10

starlock
Going with Galdiator for the win

C. Jack Harness
Yeah but you refered to speed there is nothing to say that Thor is partculary fast, so if you are saying that Glad is as fast as Thor its no big deal. It seems that Namor is faster than Thor so that will be an advantage.

Yeah he used speed but not in the way that hes faster.

Anyway, there is a difference between their speed. Glads can get to space in seconds. Can Namor do that?

guy222
bumprav

KK the Great
Originally posted by Phantom Zone

Thor doesn't fight H2H. He brings a warhammer into every fight with him. But I digress.

At any rate, Gladiator has taken Thor out once, Thor has taken Gladiator out twice, and they've stalemated once in a brief scuffle.

In both of Thor's victories, he had assistance. Once from Living Lightning and the other time from Thor-Girl.

And the brief scuffle was a more impressive showing for Gladiator, owing to the fact that Thor and the FF were outside the flow of time (the full explanation is more complicated) and Gladiator had to operate at constant hyperspeed just to interact with them.

Juk3n
Namor gets a hyper speed beat down

george '06
After reading Namor's respect thread I came to the conclusion that he could give gladiator a good fight.
yeah, those are kinda biased

Takion
Namor ahah

Priest
Lazer Vision ftw.

golem370
Thor(Eric Masterson) and a rather unconfident Thor at that also beat Gladiator

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/Thor_445.jpg

redhotrash
Gladiator really shouldnt be fighting too many non-cosmic type characters. If this were like, half-confidence Gladiator then Namor has a shot. Namor regularly beats the Hulk and is a very sly fighter. But yeah unless he can pull off a Black Panther style armbar, hes just outclassed power wise.

occultdestroyer
Wannabe Supes w/ Mohawk FTW

KK the Great
Originally posted by golem370

But not really.

Masterson was on his hands and knees while Gladiator stood over him with his hands on his hips, victorious.

Then Living Lightning flew by and bailed Thor out, stunning Gladiator and allowing Thor to land over a dozen Mjolnir shots to Gladiator's head.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by KK the Great
Thor doesn't fight H2H. He brings a warhammer into every fight with him. But I digress.

At any rate, Gladiator has taken Thor out once, Thor has taken Gladiator out twice, and they've stalemated once in a brief scuffle.

In both of Thor's victories, he had assistance. Once from Living Lightning and the other time from Thor-Girl.

And the brief scuffle was a more impressive showing for Gladiator, owing to the fact that Thor and the FF were outside the flow of time (the full explanation is more complicated) and Gladiator had to operate at constant hyperspeed just to interact with them. Which fight are you referring to where Gladiator defeated Thor?

kgkg
Originally posted by golem370
Few things tho :/
Thors speed was amped , he used LL all that while Glad was just chillin

KK the Great
Originally posted by kgkg
Few things tho :/
Thors speed was amped , he used LL all that while Glad was just chillin

The "speed amped" instance was a different fight.

KK the Great
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Which fight are you referring to where Gladiator defeated Thor?

First issue of the Jurgens appearance, before Thor-Girl and Enchantress saved Thor's life.

OneDumbG0
^ I felt that the comic made it amply clear that Thor was not looking for a fight, kept asking for an explanation as to why Gladiator was gunning for him and then outright told him that he had been holding back the entire time right before he turned around and stomped him?

KK the Great
The "have at thee!" and enraged hammer blows right off the bat sort of belie the "didn't want to fight" angle.

The same sort of excuses can easily be made for Gladiator in the later fight, seeing as the two teamed up to save a passenger jet and then immediately after doing so Thor suddenly hit him with a big blast and didn't let up.

At any rate, I don't put much stock in the "I was just holding back, honest" excuse that Thor may as well put on his business card. If his holding back had gotten him killed in that first fight with Gladiator, as it would have if not for the arrival of Tarene and Enchantress, would someone have excused Thor's poor performance in his eulogy?

"We gather here to mourn the passing of Thor, who, rest-assured, only died because he wasn't really trying in that fight."

kgkg
The "speed amped" instance was a different fight. ? which issue did that happen than? it's been a while since i read the issue but am pretty sure it was that one.

KK the Great
Originally posted by kgkg
? which issue did that happen than? it's been a while since i read the issue but am pretty sure it was that one.

You're thinking of the Black Celestial saga, particularly Fantastic Four #339.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3263/389px6302ff339ry7.jpg

OneDumbG0
The "have at thee!" and enraged hammer blows right off the bat sort of belie the "didn't want to fight" angle.

The same sort of excuses can easily be made for Gladiator in the later fight, seeing as the two teamed up to save a passenger jet and then immediately after doing so Thor suddenly hit him with a big blast and didn't let up.

At any rate, I don't put much stock in the "I was just holding back, honest" excuse that Thor may as well put on his business card. If his holding back had gotten him killed in that first fight with Gladiator, as it would have if not for the arrival of Tarene and Enchantress, would someone have excused Thor's poor performance in his eulogy?

"We gather here to mourn the passing of Thor, who, rest-assured, only died because he wasn't really trying in that fight." I usually criticize apologists who break out the "he/she really wasn't trying" card. I find it to be an all-too convenient excuse. But here, that was clearly stated. After all, Gladiator popped up just intent on ending Thor and Thor was bewildered because he himself had not lived through the events of The Reigning where he takes over Earth and had no idea what Gladiator was talking about. Sure, it's Thor's own fault for trying to save civilians from flying bricks and then getting pummeled by a speed-blitz, but he was holding back. It was only after their fight endangered that airplane full of passengers did he totally lose his patience and really go all out:

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1298/thorrules15af8.th.jpg

Excuses are excuses, but facts are facts too. The fight was a bit circumstantial because of those facts. And really, if you want to divide their encounter into rounds as a compromise, then sure, Gladiator won against him in the opening round, but Thor literally clobbered Gladiator in the second round. My two cents.

KK the Great
The other thing to consider is that while it was stated, it was stated by Thor. The biggest egomaniac in comics. Has he ever lost a fight where he didn't come quick with an excuse afterward? "Now that I've tested his mettle..." and so on. I think he even managed to lick his wounds saying something like that in JLA/Avengers.

kgkg
You're thinking of the Black Celestial saga, particularly Fantastic Four #339.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3263/389px6302ff339ry7.jpg Yes thats the one am getting old :/

Badabing
Closed. Namor really has no chance and this has been off topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.