Render Duels Trial Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoo
I already brought this up with Lana.

Yesterday I had this idea for Render Duels, to see who can make the best cuts on pictures our judges choose for us. Who can cut it the smoothest, how different they cut the image (leaving certain things in the picture, etc.), all within a short time frame, say...5 hours.

This is going to be the trial thread so we don't clog up the rest of the forum with Renders if no one wants to see them. All duels will be held here this week.

I'm taking on anyone who wants to duel, and also I need a judge.

PITT_HAPPENS
eek! only 5 hours

Tattoo
Originally posted by PITT_HAPPENS
eek! only 5 hours

Yeah, the object is to get the image done in a timely manner, but still doing a good job.

Anyways I know people who can render a complicated image in less than 2 hours, so this should be a sufficient amount of time.

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by Tattoo
Yeah, the object is to get the image done in a timely manner, but still doing a good job.

Anyways I know people who can render a complicated image in less than 2 hours, so this should be a sufficient amount of time. Render, yes not a problem in 5 hours. Be creative with it and and good quality is another story and depending on the detail of the image. wink

Tattoo
Render, yes not a problem in 5 hours. Be creative with it and and good quality is another story and depending on the detail of the image. wink

Then I guess they'll have to step up their game and knock it out of the park. stick out tongue

Anyways, the time is always set by whoever judges, so they can do whatever they want. yes

PITT_HAPPENS
The time thing is not an issue for making the render but the question would be is how will you get that set with everyone in different time zones and different schedules? Will this be a one on one kind of thing like a sig duel?

Tattoo
The time thing is not an issue for making the render but the question would be is how will you get that set with everyone in different time zones and different schedules? Will this be a one on one kind of thing like a sig duel?

It will be one on one, unless the judge allows more, but that seems useless.

As for the timezones, the threads (or in the case of the trials, just the duel in this thread) won't be started until both participants are online and have conferred with the judge on when it is convenient for them all.

PITT_HAPPENS
thumbup

DigiMark007
Hmm. I'd do this, but I'll get my ass handed to me. None of my cuts are too great...it's mostly just for use in signatures when I'm planning on blending it enough to gloss over any errors.

{{QS}}
I support this but i'm not entering.It could be used in a two-teired duel one round rendering, and one round sig-making.

Artemis1860
I think this is a great idea, but I'm no good with rendering so I can't really try it.

Tptmanno1
I'll be down for rendering, but yea just getting a solid block of time is the hard part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.