Eating pork

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
Since I am a black guy and I don't eat pork, people assume I am Muslim (which is funny since the Bible mentions something about not eating swine but then Jesus said in the New Testament something like, "it is not about the filthy animal he eats but the words of his mouth and so on). But then it also goes to some of these things also:

- pigs have no sweat glands...

- eat their own feces, children, basically anything

- love dirty enviornments

- no reference to a pig is good: ballhog in basketball, pig stey (I can't spell today), eat like a pig

- often pass on diseases to humans who eat them often for long periods of time

And then I saw this:

Monster Pig

Anyway, do you partake of swine?

Bardock42
They taste delicious.

chithappens
So do deer and they don't do all that nasty stuff. Almost anything is better to eat than pig.

2D_MASTER
Yeah I eat Bacon on occasion but I can't stand the taste of any other form of pork. Dirty filthy animal ,yes. Tasty, no.

Fishy
I have to agree with Bardock, they taste great which is a good enough reason for me to eat them.

Besides do you think cows are healthy or can you think of a positive saying with a cow in it? Doesn't mean we shouldn't eat cows.

debbiejo
Pigs are scavengers and that's why the Bible prohibits the eating of it. To eat it would defile your body. There are many scavengers that are mentioned in the Bible that people are not to eat.

exanda kane
I've seen humans dirtier. Mostly at Tool concerts.

Pandemoniac
I'd like to see some background information on the 'pigs often pass on diseases to humans who eat them often for long periods of time'.
We had big cases of mad cow decease and bird influenza, but fatal pork chops? No reports.
Pigs are actually more resilient to infections and parasites because of their varied diet and effective immune system.

debbiejo
Well at that time in history, people didn't understand the importance on cooking things well, and pork has many parasites.

Pandemoniac
The same with cow and chicken (no pun), not to mention fish left uncooked.

Robtard
Jews and Muslims are a silly lot when it comes to food. Pork is healthy for you, considering it is cooked/prepared right. Besides, chickens eat their own shit, chickens live in dirty environments; why doesn't Judaism and Islam forbid them?

chithappens
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I'd like to see some background information on the 'pigs often pass on diseases to humans who eat them often for long periods of time'.
We had big cases of mad cow decease and bird influenza, but fatal pork chops? No reports.
Pigs are actually more resilient to infections and parasites because of their varied diet and effective immune system.

"Pigs harbour a unique (when compared to other domestic animals) range of parasites and diseases that can be easily transmitted to humans. These include trichinosis, cysticercosis, and brucellosis. Very commonly, pigs are also known to host large concentrations of parasitic ascarid worms in their digestive tract. The presence of these diseases and parasites is one of the main reasons why pork meat should always be well cooked or cured before eating. Some religious groups that consider pork unclean refer to these issues as support for their views. "

*I still don't know how to use the quote thing properly so forgive this laziness.
Pig - Wiki

I could've used anything else but Wiki but I was too lazy because it was one of those "duh" things.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Robtard
Jews and Muslims are a silly lot when it comes to food. Pork is healthy for you, considering it is cooked/prepared right. Besides, chickens eat their own shit, chickens live in dirty environments; why doesn't Judaism and Islam forbid them?

They do consider predator birds to be off the menu.

Bardock42
Originally posted by chithappens
So do deer and they don't do all that nasty stuff. Almost anything is better to eat than pig. Different kind of delicious.

Victor Von Doom
"Pigs harbour a unique (when compared to other domestic animals) range of parasites and diseases that can be easily transmitted to humans. These include trichinosis, cysticercosis, and brucellosis. Very commonly, pigs are also known to host large concentrations of parasitic ascarid worms in their digestive tract. The presence of these diseases and parasites is one of the main reasons why pork meat should always be well cooked or cured before eating. Some religious groups that consider pork unclean refer to these issues as support for their views. "

*I still don't know how to use the quote thing properly so forgive this laziness.
Pig - Wiki

I could've used anything else but Wiki but I was too lazy because it was one of those "duh" things.

Not to mention the dreaded Taenia Solium.

Robtard
There are non-pork varieties of that harbinger of doom.

PITT_HAPPENS
I love pork and bacon rules, my wife doesn't eat pork not because she doesn't like it but she had a pet pot belly pig growing up and to her it would be eating your pet.

BlaxicanHydra
My Sister's like that. She won a lamb in a carnival contest which she took home and put in our backyard, it lived as our pet for about two months. Then, my Dad sent her to summer camp and killed and ate the Lamb while she was gone there.

She still can't eat Lamb, 15 years later.

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
My Sister's like that. She won a lamb in a carnival contest which she took home and put in our backyard, it lived as our pet for about two months. Then, my Dad sent her to summer camp and killed and ate the Lamb while she was gone there.

She still can't eat Lamb, 15 years later. That is messed up messed

Victor Von Doom
There are non-pork varieties of that harbinger of doom.

Yeah. Different names though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Yeah. Different names though.

While I was responding, you edited in "solium". Tough Guy!

Victor Von Doom
While I was responding, you edited in "solium". Tough Guy!

T-tough guy?

Robtard
T-tough guy?

Did I st-st-st-stutter.

Victor Von Doom
Shit off.

Robtard
Is that similar to "pissing off", "sodding off" and "buggering off"? Because I have never heard that one before.

Victor Von Doom
Is that similar to "pissing off", "sodding off" and "buggering off"? Because I have never heard that one before.

Somewhat.

Not as good as ***t off, though.

Robtard
Somewhat.

Not as good as ***t off, though.

The "C" word? That is always a good one.

Quiero Mota
I've always wondered why pigs and pork have a bad rep. They're the posterchild for unclean food among religions. I've known Jews and Muslims who break every dietary law.....except pork, it's the one they'll follow without exception. Some Jews will eat sushi, and some Muslims will drink, but no they won't touch "swine's flesh". It's really funny and hypocritical if you ask me.

- no reference to a pig is good: ballhog in basketball, pig stey (I can't spell today), eat like a pig

There was no refridgeration, Reynold's wrap or USDA when the Torah or the Koran were written. Dietary laws are obsolete.

chithappens
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

There was no refridgeration, Reynold's wrap or USDA when the Torah or the Koran were written. Dietary laws are obsolete.

I'm not sure how this changes anything about how nasty a pig is. I also forgot to mention they can't be poisoned. That is some weird shit

Fatima
The medical science finds that there is a risk for various diseases the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases so yea good for you not to eat it .

Creshosk
- no reference to a pig is good: ballhog in basketball, pig stey (I can't spell today), eat like a pig Wrong.
I see your Pig Wiki and raise you this Pig Wiki

I'm not sure how this changes anything about how nasty a pig is. I also forgot to mention they can't be poisoned. That is some weird shit Wouldn't that mean that the meat is more reliable, since they can't be poisoned if what you say is true?

Originally posted by Fatima
The medical science finds that there is a risk for various diseases the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases so yea good for you not to eat it . Any plant or animal is capable of containing diseases and parasites. You'll note that people do not get sick from eating perfectly clean pork products.

Kram3r
Since I am a black guy and I don't eat pork, people assume I am Muslim (which is funny since the Bible mentions something about not eating swine but then Jesus said in the New Testament something like, "it is not about the filthy animal he eats but the words of his mouth and so on). But then it also goes to some of these things also:

And then I saw this:

Monster Pig

Anyway, do you partake of swine?

So do deer and they don't do all that nasty stuff. Almost anything is better to eat than pig.

chithappens

http://www.aj.cz/reading/img/sjackson.jpg

I just don't dig on swine....They're filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. I'll never know 'cause even if it did, I wouldn't eat the filthy mother****er. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I don't wanna eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense to disregard its own feces.

haermm

BackFire
This thread makes me want bacon.

Creshosk
Cows also don't have functional sweat glands.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything seeing as how all that has to do with is keeping the animal cool. Dogs and cats don't have sweat glands either. This doesn't make them "filthy animals". Cats are usually regarded as being rather clean animals.

And the reason why "pigs like dirty environments" is because they don't have sweat glands and use mud to cool themselves. Any pig would be "Happy as a pig" in any environment that it was kept cool in.

And I would like to see a more reliable source for scientific "fact" than a Wikipedia article.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BackFire
This thread makes me want bacon. mmmmmmm.....pork chops.

debbiejo
Everyone has parasites in them, ya just don't know it.. yes

Rogue Jedi
a parasite is comparable to a leech, yes?

Bicnarok

PITT_HAPPENS

chithappens
Pigs cant be poisoned because they are that damn nasty. If a snake bites a pig, the snake gets poisoned LOL.

That's wild

Creshosk
Pigs cant be poisoned because they are that damn nasty. If a snake bites a pig, the snake gets poisoned LOL.

That's wild You know what? I'd like to see some proof for this claim that pigs can't be poisoned.

And no wiki garage either. Wikipedia may be good for certain concepts when it comes to facts it can easily be tainted by biased people such as yourself.

So lets make with the proof of some of these anti-pork claims of yours.

PITT_HAPPENS

That's wild bullsh*t

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pot-Bellied-Pigs-3478/Pot-belly-pigs.htm

chithappens
How did that link even relate? That added nothing to this

PITT_HAPPENS
How did that link even relate? That added nothing to this Because you made the dumb claim that pigs are immune to snake bites and this is only one link stating that they are not. How can you not see that?

"#2. I have heard that pigs are immune to poisonous snakes (rattlers) and would even kill them if they came in contact. I was wondering if it was true of potbelly pigs???

---Pigs are remarkable creatures. Technically, they are not immune to snake poison, but the sheer size of a farm hog or wild boar means the venom from the bite is spread over a larger body. A rattle snake bite can kill a 150 lb human or a 150 lb (or smaller) pig. The same amount of venom may not be fatal to a 1500 lb pig, because the venom is spread over a larger body mass, but the pig will probably be quite ill."

chithappens
"#2. I have heard that pigs are immune to poisonous snakes (rattlers) and would even kill them if they came in contact. I was wondering if it was true of potbelly pigs???

---Pigs are remarkable creatures. Technically, they are not immune to snake poison, but the sheer size of a farm hog or wild boar means the venom from the bite is spread over a larger body. A rattle snake bite can kill a 150 lb human or a 150 lb (or smaller) pig. The same amount of venom may not be fatal to a 1500 lb pig, because the venom is spread over a larger body mass, but the pig will probably be quite ill.

---Non-venomous snakes also pose dangers to pot-bellied pigs, a snake (or any other bite) is prone to infection."

This is from the link. He said "technically" LOL. Why even say that? He's an expert but he felt it was not neccesary to go into detail LOL

Creshosk
Seems like Chithappens claims are either stupid or false.

I'm happy as a pig to munch on a piece of ham.

Creshosk

---Pigs are remarkable creatures. Technically, they are not immune to snake poison, but the sheer size of a farm hog or wild boar means the venom from the bite is spread over a larger body. A rattle snake bite can kill a 150 lb human or a 150 lb (or smaller) pig. The same amount of venom may not be fatal to a 1500 lb pig, because the venom is spread over a larger body mass, but the pig will probably be quite ill.

---Non-venomous snakes also pose dangers to pot-bellied pigs, a snake (or any other bite) is prone to infection."

This is from the link. He said "technically" LOL. Why even say that? He's an expert but he felt it was not neccesary to go into detail LOL Because they are not. Larger pigs can survive amounts of venom far greater than smaller pigs. That's the technicallity of it. Smaller pigs can be taken out with amounts of poison that will not take oout larger pigs.

It does however show that pigs can be poisoned. Your claims are technically pigshit.

chithappens
My sources are from books and I don't have a link. I don't feel like typing it. I've done it before but I'm not about to do that when it "technically" it is right there LOL

The size is not the techinalicity - being posioned is being posisoned regardless of size. It does not say fatal.

PITT_HAPPENS

This is from the link. He said "technically" LOL. Why even say that? He's an expert but he felt it was not neccesary to go into detail LOL OK mister brain trust, please show us where it says pigs are immune to snake venom. Also keep in mind that my wife had a pig when she was going up and is graduating from CSU Vet Med program and I can easily verify any claim.

Creshosk
My sources are from books and I don't have a link. Your sources are full of shit. They write fictional books too, and some of the older non-fiction books are full of crap as we discover new things that prove the older things false. That's like saying that something is safer because it is "all natural" Arsenic is "all natural" too ain't it?

I don't feel like typing it. I've done it before but I'm not about to do that when it "technically" it is right there LOLI wouldn't expect you to waste your time writing out more lies when the ones that you've already told are shown to be lies or inconsequential.

The size is not the techinalicity Bullshit.

- being posioned is being posisoned regardless of size. It does not say fatal. You're right it says kill

"A rattle snake bite can kill a 150 lb human or a 150 lb (or smaller) pig.
The same amount of venom may not be fatal to a 1500 lb pig, because the venom is spread over a larger body mass, but the pig will probably be quite ill."

Miss that part did we? did you know that people have survived rattlesnake venom? I guess according to your logic those people can't be poisoned either? And that makes them nasty individuals?

chithappens
He mentions infection. It is not the poison

PITT_HAPPENS
Just another post by a pig owner.

"My friend's pig was bitten by a diamond back rattler right between the eyes. It almost died, but survived after daily treatments. The pics I have are AMAZING.....the pig started losing its entire hide, starting from the head back.
They are VERY graphic, and the only pics we have ever seen of such a phenonoma. The thick, leathery dead hide peeled back, gradually leaving a bloody mess...all the way to the tail, where is fell off!
Because it was a potbellied pig , the vets say the layer of fat saved his life.
His hide never came back "right" he looked like a burn victim.
But he DID live through it."

http://www.thepigsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152

Creshosk
He mentions infection. It is not the poison Yes, any wound can become infected. The same applies to humans. What does that have to do with proving that pigs are immune to being poisoned?

ESPECIALLY when the infection thing was tied to non-venomous snakes?

Looks like you're dodging around the issue because you want desperatly to hold on to the outdated idea that pigs are nasty creatures when they aren't really that different from any other creature. They can become infected from wounds, can be poisoned. They can bleed if injured and the skin broken. They are not inherently nasty creatures any more so than any other creature, INCLUDING humans. Hell, little babies will sit in their own feces and play in the mud happily. Since babies are a more natural state of being before learning what things are wrong and what are right I guess that means that Humans are inherently nasty too right?

chithappens
I did not say pigs can't die. Once their hide is exposed then they are vulnerable just like any other creature (although more so). It is not the poison that gets them like that.

PITT_HAPPENS
As a side note they typically use pigs to test anti-venom and medical treatments for humans because the effect of snake venom in nearly identical to that of humans.

Creshosk
I did not say pigs can't die. Once their hide is exposed then they are vulnerable just like any other creature (although more so). It is not the poison that gets them like that.

If it wasn't the diaomnd back venom that caused this:

"Just another post by a pig owner.

"My friend's pig was bitten by a diamond back rattler right between the eyes. It almost died, but survived after daily treatments. The pics I have are AMAZING.....the pig started losing its entire hide, starting from the head back.
They are VERY graphic, and the only pics we have ever seen of such a phenonoma. The thick, leathery dead hide peeled back, gradually leaving a bloody mess...all the way to the tail, where is fell off!
Because it was a potbellied pig , the vets say the layer of fat saved his life.
His hide never came back "right" he looked like a burn victim.
But he DID live through it."

http://www.thepigsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152"

You'd have us believe that it was coincidence that its hide started having problems after the bite and that its because its a nasty animal that caused its health problems?

So tell me einstien, howcome all pigs don't do the same exact thing?

Face it, no matter how hard you may try your claim of pigs being immune to poison has been thourghly debunked.

So your irrational hatred of pork prodcuts and the pigs themselves is just that irrational. Which means that it is just as rational as racism... in that its not.

chithappens
The same way you are saying my info is bias, so is that. The previous link even mentions pigs eating snakes but says nothing about them dying after eating a poisonous snake. What he said did not even make logical sense if a pig could really be poisoned by a bite.

Creshosk
The same way you are saying my info is bias, so is that. The previous link even mentions pigs eating snakes but says nothing about them dying after eating a poisonous snake. What he said did not even make logical sense if a pig could really be poisoned by a bite. Its perfectly reasonable. Its your own bias that's causing you to call that link baised.

The question did not ask about injesting the venom of a rattle snake.

It specifically says that the amount of rattle snake venom that can kill a 150 pound man can kill a 150 pound pig.

You're still desperatly trying to hang on to your prejudiced beliefs.

chithappens
Same as with global warming, there are different sources for this stuff. How anyone can know anything about the insides of a pig and think otherwise is funny to me but ok.

I'm not attacking you. Please refrain from doing such to me.

Look into what is inside a pig.

Robtard
Same as with global warming, there are different sources for this stuff. How anyone can know anything about the insides of a pig and think otherwise is funny to me but ok.

Look into what is inside a pig.

Blood, organs, bone, muscle and other tissues?

Creshosk
Same as with global warming, there are different sources for this stuff.And neither that nor this is a matter of opinion.

How anyone can know anything about the insides of a pig and think otherwise is funny to me but ok.What's funny is that its the people who have dealt with the insides of a pig say they can be poisoned.

I'm not attacking you. Please refrain from doing such to me.Where am I attacking you?

You ARE desperatly trying to hang onto your prejudiced beliefs. Its the turth, not an attack. If you feel attacked then you should seriously reconsider your position.

Look into what is inside a pig. Not much different than what's inside you. Organs, circulatory system, blood etc.

Only difference is is that pig is the adjective that you'd put infront of them rather than human in your case.

The ones who have looked into the pig disagree with you and your supposed books. Books which convienently enough are the source of your claims so you don't have to back them up.

Even without you proving your claims they've already been debunked.

PITT_HAPPENS

Look into what is inside a pig. Way to skip my posts, and actually ingesting snake venom if very different than being injected with it due to the acids in the digestive system. Please tell us the book that you read that says what you are claiming or do a search on the web to find some thing to back up your statement, until then you are just talking BS. My sources come from experts, personal accounts and from the veterinary society that does the test, hell my wife have done them as part of her medical training.

Robtard

That's wild

Besides being bullshit as others have said... how does that prove that a "pig is nasty", if anything, it proves that they're a resilient species.

Edit: Are you a diabetic by chance?

chithappens
I consider personal accounts more important than "expert" opinion. After general facts are known then other stuff can become skewed.

*This is a very lazy paraphrasing.

"Part of what is known as a general fact is that pigs have things in their bodies most other animals don't have, partially because of the enviornment they like to dwell in - dark, wet, and dirty places. In a lazy example, they roll in mud a lot; mud contains lots of bacteria and the such, gets absorbed into their pores and as a result, they are immune to certain things (similar to antibotics; dead virus enters the body and immune system then builds up defenses)."

Pigs get infected easily but that is not the same as poisoning.

Plenty of things are messed up if you simply go by official books and the such. Historians certainly know this to be true.

A lot of things have certain benefits to them. Like why is it when "experts" recommend all these diets, they never mention that you could cut out a meal a day and be just as healthy (and actually more healthy)? No one NEEDS three meals a day. Even people playing sports do not NEED three meals a day.

Damn near anything with food and medicine ends up falsified.

And no, I am not a diabetic.

Robtard
Many animals roll in mud, Elephants cover themselves in it when available to both help keep cool and to keep parasites away. I don't think "mud rolling" = Immunity to poison.

Still, how is being immune to poison make a pig dirty/filthy/unclean?

Im fairly certain horses are immune to rattlesnake poison as far as it won't kill them, are they "nasty" because of this?

Creshosk
I consider personal accounts more important than "expert" opinion. After general facts are known then other stuff can become skewed. Yet you disregard the personal accounts of those who say that pigs can be poisoned? Nice.

*This is a very lazy paraphrasing.

"Part of what is known as a general fact is that pigs have things in their bodies most other animals don't have, like the four stomaches that sheep and cows have?

partially because of the enviornment they like to dwell in - dark, wet, and dirty places. In a lazy example, they roll in mud a lot; mud contains lots of bacteria and the such, gets absorbed into their pores and as a result, they are immune to certain things (similar to antibotics; dead virus enters the body and immune system then builds up defenses)."

Pigs get infected easily but that is not the same as poisoning.And this has to do with what exactly?

So they can be infected easily yet they are supposedly immune to the bacteria in the mud they live in?

Sounds like two different clashing stories to me.

Plenty of things are messed up if you simply go by official books and the such. Historians certainly know this to be true. So now you're attacking your own sources? Nice.

A lot of things have certain benefits to them. Like why is it when "experts" recommend all these diets, they never mention that you could cut out a meal a day and be just as healthy (and actually more healthy)? No one NEEDS three meals a day. Even people playing sports do not NEED three meals a day. Oh I get it you're trying to attack the testimonies of the experts who have done as you've told me to.. looked inside the pigs themselves.

Nice bit of double standard you set up.

Damn near anything with food and medicine ends up falsified. Like claims of pork products being unclean? How many people have eaten clean pork their entire lives and never suffered for it?

You're floundering. This post is inconsistant not only with your other posts but with itself as well. You're very desperatly trying to hang onto your prejudiced beliefs now.

PITT_HAPPENS

debbiejo
parasites are in you....bwaaah

They're all over hooking into your digestive tract and maybe even someones brain on here, oh and livers too...........yummy pork

EkinEku
The real reason they hate pigs in the middle east is because their staple there was wheat, and pigs used to eat it all the time. They also lacked sweat glands and consumed lots of water which caused problems for their crops, the drinking of urine pigs do is gross so i guess that attributes to it, but i like bacon. I don't really get down with the other stuff.

PITT_HAPPENS

dadudemon
On Thanksgiving Day, I do not eat turkey, I eat Pig because turkey does not taste as good to me.

Also, pigs have been used to grow organs for humans.

Pigs are very smart animals...some even consider them to be right up there with Dolphins.

The "laws" or guidelines set forth in religion when it came to pork came from several different angles...some of which had to do with no knowledge of modern medicine and how that relates to food prep. Those laws are now archaic.

Chithappens, an athlete should eat 6 or more times a day and those meals should be carefully prepared. Pick up any fitness or bodybuilding magazine. Also, I am walking proof that 6 meals are better than 2 or 3. I have some before pictures and I am just about done with my diet and I will then post my after pictures. The only difference was my diet.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I've always wondered why pigs and pork have a bad rep. They're the posterchild for unclean food among religions. I've known Jews and Muslims who break every dietary law.....except pork, it's the one they'll follow without exception. Some Jews will eat sushi, and some Muslims will drink, but no they won't touch "swine's flesh". It's really funny and hypocritical if you ask me.

Yeah, I was about to mention refrigeration. Plus, they all lived in extremely hot places. Eating pork would have made some people sick too, but obviously due to poor handling, and lack of refrigeration (and thus pork goes off quickly)

anaconda
mans right to do !!!!! morons oppose this though

yvonnekarate
No. Simply because I don't like the taste of pork.

Regards, Yvonne

WrathfulDwarf
Whoah! There is a lot of Food threads lately. blink

Anywhoo....Pork....cook it right and it's delicious.

yvonnekarate
It has nothing to do with that. I simply find it gross.

Regards, Yvonne

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by yvonnekarate
It has nothing to do with that. I simply find it gross.

Regards, Yvonne

Add some Ketchup...it will taste better.

moviefanatik
personally I dont eat pork, not for religious reasons, but because I just decided to stop many years ago and to begin to eat it again would probably make me sick . I do remember its taste and it was good, however its just not for me any more, plus you must cook it very well in order not to get parasites.........

yvonnekarate
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Add some Ketchup...it will taste better.

On pork? No thanks. It doesn't help either way.

Regards, Yvonne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.