what should jk do after harry potter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Problem_Child
any ideas?
i think she should make the prequal showing what happened to james sirius lupin and peter throughout hogwarts like how they met hoe james and lily finaly got together (cause according to ootp they diddnt get along very well) and thier adventures as animaguses

The Phantom
I think she should get a new idea and write something new.

siriuswriter
She's already working on a children's book, I believe. Like, more children's book than Harry Potter, simple plotline, one book, etc.

Also, she might be making a Harry Potter encyclopedia, with all the possible spells, plants, and people in Potterverse.

She was actually discussing this, she's going to write more books, and she was talking about whether or not she was going to use a psyuedoneum, but she said that people would figure it out in a couple of seconds anyway.

So she's definitely going to write more, and I'm so excited for whatever she comes out with. smile She realizes that she has tons of name power, and that some people will probably just buy the book because of "JK Rowling," but...

Yeah. So she's going to write more.

The Phantom
Originally posted by siriuswriter
She's already working on a children's book, I believe. Like, more children's book than Harry Potter, simple plotline, one book, etc.

Also, she might be making a Harry Potter encyclopedia, with all the possible spells, plants, and people in Potterverse.

She was actually discussing this, she's going to write more books, and she was talking about whether or not she was going to use a psyuedoneum, but she said that people would figure it out in a couple of seconds anyway.

So she's definitely going to write more, and I'm so excited for whatever she comes out with. smile She realizes that she has tons of name power, and that some people will probably just buy the book because of "JK Rowling," but...

Yeah. So she's going to write more. Good way to put it.

ndfreak
she has a biography coming out in winter i think.

siriuswriter
Biography, though. Not auto-biography, right? Can you imagine an auto-biography? *drools*

The Phantom
Biography, though. Not auto-biography, right? Can you imagine an auto-biography? *drools* *gives her handkerchief* Stop it.

siriuswriter
*wipes mouth and hands back handkerchief*

Slolly.

Oops. Can I have that back?

The Phantom
*Tosses it at her* Keep it.

Anyway, I would love to see more of her work moving away from the whole Harry Potter scene. I think she could have so interesting OTHER ideas.

siriuswriter
Absolutely - what OTHER things can be lurking in that imagination if we got Harry Potter out of it? The possibilities... wow.

*is glad that she has handkerchief*

The Phantom
Absolutely - what OTHER things can be lurking in that imagination if we got Harry Potter out of it? The possibilities... wow.

*is glad that she has handkerchief* I'm going to blame hormones on where my mind went from there...

siriuswriter
Thank you for that enchanting mental picture.

*vomits*

The Phantom
Anytime.

Though she could do a more adult type of books and children's books. Gregory Maguire does that.

Arianna
I live around the corner from her, she should take time out to clean up her drive way and trim her ivy! (If she's so rich why doesn't she have a gardner?)

The Phantom
Originally posted by Arianna
I live around the corner from her, she should take time out to clean up her drive way and trim her ivy! (If she's so rich why doesn't she have a gardner?) Fear of spies?

Arianna
just saying... And I think the idea of an adults book is good, but it's still got to be fantasy...

Blue_Hefner
She should write a new but somewhat similar series

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Actually she doesn't have to write anything else. If she did however, I'd love for her to write about vampires or martial arts novels.

Joseph_Kerr
She has said that she has a series of detective stories that she might explore.

Arianna
I think that she should do some selfless books were she makes no money at all to prove to us she is human...

Joseph_Kerr
She already did that.. the creatures and quiditch (sp) books were for charity.

chillmeistergen
Those were a waste of space.

div
i think she should write a book or a series on Albus Potter and his adventures because the epilogue seemed to focus slightly more on him than the others, lilys eyes, sorting hat fears etc...and people were talking about what happened to the twin that died...i think that rowling used him as inspiration for "James" harrys son...they sound a lot alike..

potterz honey
she a brilliant writer and she should and probably will ciome up with another series that will have people lining up at midnight the first day it comes out to get their hands on it.

Three Cheers For Joanne Kathleen Rowling.

BTW:does rowling rhyme with bowling or with growling.(i really wanna know.i hate mispronuncing words.)

ndfreak
bowling

Unicor777
spend money, travel, enjoy life, all the things that she couldn't do while on the wellfare or because of the pressure to finish the books. Basically, retire in the next 10 years

Infinity
she should keep the same world but with new characters, IE : james and lilly's time. that would be interesting. or maybe the 19 years between ending of DH and the time albus severus goes to school

SkinWalker
Originally posted by Infinity
she should keep the same world but with new characters, IE : james and lilly's time. that would be interesting. or maybe the 19 years between ending of DH and the time albus severus goes to school

As sad as it is, I'm glad the whole Harry Potter sort of hype is over. She needs to move on an expand as an author. Anyway, I bet if she kept with the Hogwarts stuff it'd become cheesy and turn into a bigger version of the "Magic Treehouse" series.

logan9a
I must confess I am curious as to what she will do next. I am curious about the two 'forgotten' houses at hogwarts - do they ever do anything noteworthy?

Infinity
Originally posted by logan9a
I must confess I am curious as to what she will do next. I am curious about the two 'forgotten' houses at hogwarts - do they ever do anything noteworthy?

?? what are you talking about

SkinWalker
?? what are you talking about

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. They always seem to be on the sidelines, besides Cedric anway.

Infinity
ooo those houses xD

eggmayo
She'll probably retire to the Caribbean where she'll get some little kid to write a spinoff or two.

SkinWalker
Originally posted by eggmayo
She'll probably retire to the Caribbean where she'll get some little kid to write a spinoff or two.

Unlikely. She almost killed Harry off to stop marketing, so why would she have somebody write a spinoff, even if it is of a different character.

Infinity
^_^ i still say make a james/lilly era or wut happened between end of DH and 19 years later.

Surio
I would read whatever book she writes. I'd like the kind of thing that Infinity said, but I'd also like for her to start a new series. All I'm sure of is that it should she should stay with fantasy books.

Infinity
she should stay in harry potter world coz im hooked on it ^_^

Unicor777
If she continiuse writing then she would most liekely write something new, completelly unrelatd to the Potters or Hogwarts.

Infinity
If i was jk i would keep writing about harry potter and hogwarts. it's so interesting and like a million more possibilities

The Phantom
If i was jk i would keep writing about harry potter and hogwarts. it's so interesting and like a million more possibilities Too much of a good thing can be bad sometimes. She should stop with Harry Potter world while she is ahead.Originally posted by Infinity
^_^ i still say make a james/lilly era or wut happened between end of DH and 19 years later. Trust me, she can't do anything on the times when Lily and James went to school? Wanna know why? Because if there was anything interesting it would have been mentioned in the books!

Infinity
Originally posted by The Phantom
Trust me, she can't do anything on the times when Lily and James went to school? Wanna know why? Because if there was anything interesting it would have been mentioned in the books!

I honestly wanna know what made lilly change her mind about james.

The Phantom
I honestly wanna know what made lilly change her mind about james. Encyclopedia will answer that most likely.

Infinity
Originally posted by The Phantom
Encyclopedia will answer that most likely.

but still, It will definetly not have the same vibe as if it were written in a book smile

maham
She said she was goin to write more children's books.I don't think it'll hav anythin to do with Hp. She's already written an HP related book - 'Quidditch through the ages'.

I hope she writes an autibiography.It'll be GR8!

I wonder how 'Comic relief' was n what it was abt.

I hope she comes up with something not so puerile.

goddess_susu
i think she should make a sex video like paris hilton
that would create the biggest scandel ever
all u'd see is angry mobs of parents running after her
and it would give christians more reason to say she's the devil
hahhahahahahahahaha

goddess_susu
hope u know that was a joke...
i got a good emagination

jdea
Tales about Harry/Ginny's kids duh....

no, IDK create a new series dealing with something other than magic?

Sam Z
More Harry Potter!

hp is cool
i think she should 1- 2 more books on harry's kids and what they all did after hogwarts like does harry ron and ginny play quiditch or something

addicted2flicks
I think she should write more novels about wizards and witches. It's just so amazing. eek!

The Phantom
Eh, if she does more on the kids it'll just be playing that stuff happens to potters and their friends too much and I think that'd bore me. Something all new would be interesting.

JackieCD
Live off the money she made from her crap books.

Deja~vu
write more magik stories.

Ericadawn
I think it was James saving Snape from Remus that changed her mind about him and the more Snape hated him but started towards the dark side, the more she sided with James.

Snape unintentionally pushed her away.

Sam Z
More Harry Potter!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.