Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sabrea
okie ppls, i just got icq, i have absolutly no clue how to work it..but for anyone that has itmy number is: 172704889
hopefully i will be able to figure it out

finti
dont need no icq

Sabrea
me?? yes i do..i like having as many messenger handles as possible

BackFire349
icq is a piece of crap, get aim or yahoo

Fire
well I agree with backfire on this one, tho if u have enough ram and finally get it figured out it still is ok, tho the only reason I still have it is because some of my friends refuse to get msn

Dexx
agree too..pice of crap. I only use msn messenger.

Ushgarak
ICQ isn't crap at all, though I certainly have no confidence in AIM and Yahoo! You need ICQ and MSN and you get most people.

Sabrea
ive got very messenger, ive got regular aol, aim, yahoo which wont work, and msn which also wont work,and now icq..yahoo and msn will just sit there and say 'logging in' for hours at a time when i try to log in

Dexx
for hours?...u have to leave it for 3 days the first time you log. everyone does that..i thought you'd know.

Ushgarak
You evil, evil man...

Sabrea
lol, if i stayed logged into the net for 3 days my mom would kill me then ground me from the comp. for LIFE

Dexx
no..probably till you hit 18. Than you're legally allowed to clame your comp.

mah
icq is the best messenger by far. its more user-friendly and with a broader range of options than msn, aim, aol and yahoo.
*adds sabrea*

Fire
I agree icq ownz

Raz
Trillian lets you talk on all the services from one program. More info here: http://www.trillian.cc/trillian/index.html

I used to use ICQ, but not anymore.

Captain REX
I don't like ICQ. Slow, and I kept getting a message from one girl that wanted to have sex...

*shudders*

mah
and the bad part?stick out tongue
as it is, the one place where I get flooded by spam messages is AIM

Ushgarak
Poor Raz stopped using ICQ because he was talking to people too much...

Raz
I spent WAY too much time on it, so just stay away big grin

Ushgarak
You should succumb to its lures again...

Captain REX
I did say it was slow Mah. wink

BackFire349
its not user friendly, you dont even send messages by pressing enter, you have to move your mouse and press send. aim is by far the best one for normal chats.

yerssot
BF... ctrl+s works too

and I'm going to try trillian

Rex... there is an option somewhere where you can say you don't want to accept messages/links from anyone who's NOT in your list, use that one

mah
ctrl+enter is just as easy as just enter.

Ushgarak
Or alt+s... I actually find pressing 'enter' to send annoying because I don;t always want to send single sentence messages.

Raz
I used to use ->

I would love to come back Ush, but I'm still attending the AA meetings wink

Captain REX
AA meetings...?

yerssot
hehehe, I'm using that trill-thingie smile

Captain REX
Trillian...

yerssot
yes, trill-thingie

Captain REX
Trill...thingie. Did I say it right? big grin

Gundark
I like ICQ. Keeps me in touch with Ush and queeq. I don't attract any wierdos. I must be too boring. Or else my name scares them off.

Captain REX
Oh well...ICQ is tooooo slow on my comp. And I can't figure out how to get the damned thing to work.

And only a few of you have AIM (Lance, Sabrea, Mah, LaurenE147). sad sad sad

BackFire349
yes, but still no just plain 'enter' pointless and stupid. icq is good for really long discussions where you need to type alot. aim is best for general chatting.

Sabrea
i like AIM, ive had it forever so its easiest for me to use..my only proble with it is that i CONSTANTLY change my sn and frget to tell ppl, but then, thats not a functional problem, thats a problem with my brain

BackFire349
i never change my name, i dont see the point. another thing about icq is that its to hard to remember your number. so when someone asks you have to go load it up to look for your number.

Sabrea
or u can just pause over the icon at the bottom of the screen and it says ur number

BackFire349
no i mean if its not even loaded.

Sabrea
okie..well, then emorize it, its not that hard to memorize a few numbers

BackFire349
its more then a few.

Sabrea
sorry 9 numbers roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
people can search you up by nickname on icq too

yerssot
*slow handclap*
really?

mah
in response to backfires criticism

yerssot
of course

mah
mine was, yes

yerssot
I hope so

Sabrea
<<is VERY lost>>

yerssot
*gives a map to sabrea with "you are here"*

Sabrea
lol..i have a question about ICQ..it just like, evaporated from my comp because my whole internet connection lost connection and i had to re-sign on...so, does anybody know how i can get ICQ back without re-installing it?? it just dissapeared off the comp. and i can't find it anywhere...

Ushgarak
Yeah, and you were talking to me as well!

Is it still accessible from the start menu under ICQ? Inside the programmes menu, of course.

Sabrea
sorry Ush...yea..i found it..under start menu..of course..why didnt i think of that? lol..

yerssot
oh oh oh!!
*jumps up and down*
I know this one!!!
because you're full of sugar?

Sabrea
i havent had sugar in a while sad...**looks for something sugar loaded**

yerssot
*hides private sugar collection*

Sabrea
sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

Thane Zereil
well if anyone ever wants me I'm always online on: 116081697 even if working icq works for me

Orpheus
I use ICQ, I'll try this Trillion thing once i've got it down loaded.

Sabrea
i can't download anything else on my computer..if i do it will move even slower than it already does..

mah
but you do have both AIM and ICQ so everything's good! no need for more.

Sabrea
ive also got MSN and Yahoo..but they don't work..i have to uninstall ten re-install..

mah
its nothing but trouble with these things eh

Sabrea
its my computer..actually my comp works better for me than everyone else, i shouldnt be complaining..its most likely the programs though..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.