Super-villain Team-up/modok's 11

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
Good first issue. Shaping up to be Ocean's Eleven but with super villains...which I don't really see as a bad thing.

though i guess If you're put off by villains like Spot and Living laser you're probably not going to like this book. Meh your loss.

Though the fact that the Spot now seems to be Deadpool light with teleportation powers instead of the insecure nerd he used to be was a little weird but not bad.

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modok10021qe5.jpg

grey fox
Originally posted by Black Adam
Good first issue. Shaping up to be Ocean's Eleven but with super villains...which I don't really see as a bad thing.

though i guess If you're put off by villains like Spot and Living laser you're probably not going to like this book. Meh your loss.

Though the fact that the Spot now seems to be Deadpool light with teleportation powers instead of the insecure nerd he used to be was a little weird but not bad.

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modok10021qe5.jpg

Awesome !

I love it when they gather crappy little D-C listers together to make a team !

Scans ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Awesome !

I love it when they gather crappy little D-C listers together to make a team !

Because they've always got the most interesting powers and when made into a team some focus is given to their abilities rather than how the hero can beat them?

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Because they've always got the most interesting powers and when made into a team some focus is given to their abilities rather than how the hero can beat them?

Ka-ching.

Plus I like the insight we get in to their lives.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Ka-ching.

Plus I like the insight we get in to their lives.

yes Thats always interesting.

Black Adam
I was going to upload the pics one at a time...but then I realized i could just put the images in a zip file and save me thirty minutes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3gjy4wwdtty

tell me if anyone has any problems.

grey fox
That was an insanely good issue, perhaps even a rival for Sinestro Corps ?

Blair Wind
I like this spot. Much better than the stupid stupid smart person he was supposed to be. Didnt make sense to me for such a smart person to be so stupid.

grey fox
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I like this spot. Much better than the stupid stupid smart person he was supposed to be. Didnt make sense to me for such a smart person to be so stupid.

Yup , wheras 'Evil Deadpool' is a heck of a lot funnier, works better with his powers too.

Harry Fingerman
Just got it today.

It was a pretty good issue.

I'm still curious what this "weapon" is though.

willRules
This looks good but I can wait until the trade yes

Disappear
i'd say the weapon's maybe the ultimate nullifier, but considering the new fantastic four basically walked into uatu's house and grabbed it, i doubt it's the "impenetrable fortress" modok's discussing. it's probably some crappy twist ending like in that one what if..?, where sinister was finding marvel comic books and apparently they were powerful or stupid or whatever. even though comics are now commonplace in the marvel universe, as they're licensed retellings of marvel history

i don't know. i didn't find it too interesting a read.

Blair Wind
Next issue comes out tomorrow.....heres for hoping BA is planning on getting it shifty

Black Adam
issue 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?5tbraiui213

grey fox
Great issue , absolutely fantastic. Superb art and dialogue.

I'm really starting to like Armadillo.

Blair Wind
Me want more spot sad

But now Im really interested in whats happening.

Citizen V
This is a really great series so far, the writing's good and the art is superb (some of the best colouring I've seen in a while).

It's great fun, and I can't wait for the next issue.

Deverien
Villains pulling off an Ocean's Eleven = Awesome.

I'm wondering who the last two team members will be. I'm guessing one is being kept hidden as an 'inside man', and the other is going to be their emergency back-up. Because you just KNOW one of those guys is gonna bungle it (or get bungled).

On an unrelated note, that's a great image in your sig, Citizen V.

Black Adam
issue 3

http://www.mediafire.com/?9itdtvl3bz7

grey fox
Awww at Emo!Puma

ScientistSupreme is pretty funny, especially doing her little karate poses while Ultra Adaptoid kicks as

Jokes were pretty good as well.

Slight continuity f*ck up however, Mandarin currently has his rings embedded with his Spine, his Kid shouldn't have 'em.

TricksterPriest
Temugin? Last I heard the rings were sent to him still on his father's severed hands.

Just read the first issue. big grin It's damn good. The intro with Modoc's origin was interesting to read.

TricksterPriest
After reading issue 2: I can only imagine what other powers this new Ultra-Adaptoid has programmed into it. Armadillo is funny. stick out tongue And Chameleon is far more astute than I gave him credit for.

Onto issue 3! big grin

edit: WAIT A MINUTE! Monica Rappacini? Anyone think that's Scorpion's mother? Thanasee Rappacini.......wink

Just finished issue 3. Temugin is not without a sense of irony. laughing out loud Or should we just call him Mandarin now? stick out tongue

How many issues is this thing running for?

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Temugin? Last I heard the rings were sent to him still on his father's severed hands.

Just read the first issue. big grin It's damn good. The intro with Modoc's origin was interesting to read.

Nope , new Iron-man series a bunch of terrorists discover a crate that has Mandarin in and they sear the rings to his spine.

ScarletSpider
Monica, the Scientist Supreme is Scorpion's mother.

And the Mandarin business looks like it will be a continuity cluster****. Great story though, can't complain about that.

grey fox
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Monica, the Scientist Supreme is Scorpion's mother.

And the Mandarin business looks like it will be a continuity cluster****. Great story though, can't complain about that.

Lolz

Scoprion : Daddy ! *Hugs Modok*

Modok : Cannot...compute...love....

ScarletSpider
I do not think Modok is her father though. He could be I suppose, but so far the only hints dropped as to Scorpion's father are that it may be Bruce Banner.

grey fox
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I do not think Modok is her father though. He could be I suppose, but so far the only hints dropped as to Scorpion's father are that it may be Bruce Banner.

T'was just a joke.

Black Adam
issue 4

http://www.mediafire.com/?eywljhnmsa9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.