Fantastic Comedians!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

idowhatiamtold
In my opinion HBO Comedy's new site partnered with Maxim is one of the best sites because the comedians they have are great. The clips they chose are also hillarious. The three featured comedians of the month are Dane Cook, Chris Rock, and Jeff Foxworthy.

http://www.maximonline.com/contests/hbocomedy/dane.aspx?src=dx1

Bardock42
Dane Cook's below mediocre, Chris Rock is funny, Jeff Foxworthy is above Dane Cook but not much.

2D_MASTER
George Carlin is king.

Bardock42
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
George Carlin is king.

He's above all three.

Geek.mike
Dane Cook I find terrible. Chris rock isn't bad, but I don't like Jeff Foxworthy that much...

Victor Von Doom
Comedy for idiots.

Quiero Mota
My 5 favorite stand-ups: Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Robin Williams, George Carlin, Larry the Cable Guy

Originally posted by Geek.mike
Dane Cook I find terrible.

I can't stand him either.

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
George Carlin is king.

Richard Pryor is king.

BackFire
Louis CK is awesome. Great comedian.

smoker4
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Richard Pryor is king.

FTW

Strangelove
Jim Gaffigan, Demetri Martin, and Daniel Tosh are all good.

ragesRemorse
Dane cook strikes me as a one trick pony.

Chris Rock is hit or miss and spends most of his time missing the mark and over compensates with the racial jokes

Dave Chapelle i think has brialliant comedic vision, but pales as a stand up artist

My pics for funniest consistant comedians are

George Carlin--comic Genious
Eddie Izzard--just damn funny while staying un-offensive
Robert Schimmel--If you havent heard this guy, make it a life goal
Lewis Black--sophisticated sam kinnison

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BackFire
Louis CK is awesome. Great comedian.

hear hear!!

Victor Von Doom
Stewart Lee is unknown but better than all of these.

Doug Stanhope is excellent.

Demetri Martin is quite good; Eddie Izzard is usually excellent.

Jerry Sadowitz is brilliant but too offensive to be well-known.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Comedy for idiots.

George Carlin's good. **** you, British *******!! No taste in anything. Especially not music and comedians.

AbnormalButSane
notworthy George Carlin

"Your stuff is shit but my shit is stuff."

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Bardock42
George Carlin's good. **** you, British *******!! No taste in anything. Especially not music and comedians.

Really I was only referring to Dane Cook. Seemed like it didn't need stating.

debbiejo
George Carlin....He's made life so, so clear for me now. See, it's just not me. There are others... one eye

Mr. Sandman
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1532323

pwnt.

Also, if Jim Norton isn't on the list, he should be.

Healing Artisan
one of the best ever, George Carlin.

genius.

jaden101
Hicks

exanda kane
Bill Hicks. Mark Steel.

When I was in the US last, I had the misfortune to watch some Comedy Central stand up with that Dave Chepelle. Fvcking awful!

botankus
I'm old-fashioned. Rodney Dangerfield and Richard Pryor.

The Grey Fox

Stupid American, you have no taste idiot! All godd comedians are British, except all those other ones.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by exanda kane
Bill Hicks.

He's an absolute genius.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Stupid American, you have no taste idiot! All godd comedians are British, except all those other ones.

I'm not American you ****.

WrathfulDwarf
You filthy, dirty, stinkin, INFIDELS! You will bow and accept Andy Kaufman as the greatest comedian EVER!

Kaufman>>>>>>>ANY of the comedians named so far! You TOO women! Bow to him!

smoker4

I like Carlin, you fecking nazi, our music and comedy is superior though

Originally posted by exanda kane
Bill Hicks. Mark Steel.

When I was in the US last, I had the misfortune to watch some Comedy Central stand up with that Dave Chepelle. Fvcking awful!

Each to their own i guess, personally i love Chappelle he's one of the best out there now.

I'm not American you ****.

Lolz did you defect/defecate to the west?

Bardock42
Originally posted by smoker4
I like Carlin, you fecking nazi, our music and comedy is superior though

I didn't insult Britain. And certainly not their comedy and music. I insulted VVD...you guys invented that language, you should at least be able to grasp it in some ways.

smoker4
I didn't insult Britain. And certainly not their comedy and music. I insulted VVD...you guys invented that language, you should at least be able to grasp it in some ways.

Shut up and grasp me with your big hands

DanZeke25
George Carlin, Lewis Black, Daniel Tosh all own.

exanda kane
I know I've posted not too long ago, but I really feel that Bill Hicks and Mark Steel exemplify (exemplified in hick's case) what a comedian can do, when they can raise the tone from a routine gag reel and really express/preach (whatever your opinion) their views/message and enlighten the viewer.

Jimmy Cokes
Quiero I totally agree! esp Larry he's the best and I can't wait for his Christmas cd to come out... though it'll be tough to beat Morning Constitutions

lord xyz
George Carlin's good. **** you, British *******!! No taste in anything. Especially not music and comedians. Actually I think we're known for the best musicians and comedians. America has a pretty good reputation in that field aswell, Germany, not so much.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
Actually I think we're known for the best musicians and comedians. America has a pretty good reputation in that field aswell, Germany, not so much.

Yes, see, that's why there's a difference between single people (VVD) and a group of people (Brits), if I had said "**** you, British assholes!", you wankers might have a point. Since I didn't....well, piss off.

sithsaber408
I got an awesome one who's rather unkown: Russell Peters.

East-Indian guy from Toronto, sounds like a surfer white dude, and does FLAWLESS Asian, Hispanic, and Indian accents.

Check this one out (3 min.):

-qtrAMK7_Qk

That's the only one without cussing, but if you liked it, check out his others. "Beating your kids" is a great one.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by idowhatiamtold
The three featured comedians of the month are Dane Cook, Chris Rock, and Jeff Foxworthy.

http://www.maximonline.com/contests/hbocomedy/dane.aspx?src=dx1

Hopefully they will feature funny comedians next month

superkronick92
Has anyone here heard Mike Birbiglia, he is one of my favorite comedians

Xtremechik2
Hmm, I must be the only person here who actually likes Dane Cook. He amuses me, but then again I'm easily amused. Others on my list also include..

Jeff Dunham
Brian Regan
Ron White
Bill Engvall

chillmeistergen
Coogan.

lord xyz
Yes, see, that's why there's a difference between single people (VVD) and a group of people (Brits), if I had said "**** you, British assholes!", you wankers might have a point. Since I didn't....well, piss off. I disgaree, but I'm not good at arguing, so I agree. smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
I disgaree, but I'm not good at arguing, so I agree. smile You are also really bad at disagreeing.

Roulette
Originally posted by Strangelove
Demetri Martin.

I love him! ^-^ He's one of the few comedians who can really make me laugh. Martin is gold.

Deano
bill hicks
george carlin
richard pryor

botankus
Richard Pryor and Rodney Dangerfield, both dead and 'nuff said.

lord xyz
You are also really bad at disagreeing. happy

Alfheim
edit

Sadako of Girth
I agree with Hicks, Pryor, Carlin and Chappelle...

And I still love the Emo Phillips', Steven Wright's and Eddie Izzard's classic stuff.

I liked Dane Cook's stuff initally, but it lacks repeated watchability of those mentioned above.

KKMGirl
Richard Pryor is THE best

ElectricBugaloo
Favorites of recent years:

Demetri Martin
Flight of the Conchords
Nick Swardson
Michael Ian Black
Zach Galifianakis
Jim Gaffigan
Patton Oswald

Bardiel13
I watch a lot of stand up comedy on TV, but the only one that really stood out and made me remember him was Brian Regan. I especially liked his bit with fig newton serving sizes being two cookies.

"I dunno, man... I already had two, maybe I can muscle... one... more... down... Ghah!"
Then he pretends to do CPR.
"He ate how many?! Can't he read?!"

RedAlertv2
Jim Gaffigan
Lewis Black is good, but repetitive
Bill Hicks, pretty obvious choice.
Kat Williams, current favorite
Dmetri Martin
Ron White

Mark Question
I don't get Cook or Rock...

RedAlertv2
Chris Rock is pretty funny, but I think Dane Cook is horribly overrated. He tends to confuse being annoying with being funny. Its like, a dumb joke doesnt get funnier just because you yell it really loudly.

chillmeistergen
I'm currently watching the new Gervais stand up, not his best, but still bloody funny. I think he should at least get a mention, Animals is a tour that was absolutely brilliant.

Neo_Version 7
I love how in almost every routine Gervais does, he likes to have a go at obese people. I find it funny and always look forward to it in most of his routines.

"It's not a disease."

Faith27
Tim Allen is a good comedian actor.

SelphieT
Emo Phillips=amazing. I love the guy.

Chappelle and Attel are both great too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.