Trashy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
What do you believe constitutes ''trashiness''. Is it the way people dress? They way the speak? The kind of things they do? Or is it all of them combined.

Do we have set ideas as to what being ''trashy'' really means, or do those things vary depending on who's doing them or observing them?

What do you consider to be trashy person / behavior / act?

ragesRemorse
To me, trashy is determined by the personality. Some one who is content with and flaunts their low standard of living.

Quiero Mota
A person who is a cutthroat/snake.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
A person who is a cutthroat/snake.

What does cutthroat/snake mean?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What does cutthroat/snake mean?

You've never heard "cutthroat" before??

Someone who'll smile at your face, but blast you in the back.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Thats more conniving isnt it?
I always thought cutthroat was doing what it took while disregaurding morals

Robtard
What do you believe constitutes ''trashiness''. Is it the way people dress? They way the speak? The kind of things they do? Or is it all of them combined.

Do we have set ideas as to what being ''trashy'' really means, or do those things vary depending on who's doing them or observing them?

Paris Hilton is a prime example of "trash"...

BIIIIIIIIIIIIID
Originally posted by Robtard
Paris Hilton is a prime example of "trash"...

so is britney spears

Bardock42

I always thought trashy when referring to people is determined by filthy or promiscuously behaviour, usually accompanied with self loathing or at least being frowned upon by the general population.

debbiejo
flaunting low morals.

botankus
What do you consider to be trashy person
Trashy chicks.

PITT_HAPPENS
For me it is a combination of all those things, mostly the way they act though.

botankus
It's mostly the choices / priorities that they make, not how they dress, speak, or act.

The Grey Fox

If you come from Missouri, then you are instantly trashy.

backdoorman
Originally posted by Bardock42
I always thought trashy when referring to people is determined by filthy or promiscuously behaviour, usually accompanied with self loathing or at least being frowned upon by the general population.
Like gay people?

exanda kane
Common perception of the US in the UK is trashy, glamarous, but trashy. But then of course, we don't do much apart from playing cricket, drink tea and play scrabble wearing monocles.

The Grey Fox
don't you just love steriotypes?

smoker4
Say what now?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by debbiejo
flaunting low morals. Originally posted by Bardock42
I always thought trashy when referring to people is determined by filthy or promiscuously behaviour, usually accompanied with self loathing or at least being frowned upon by the general population. Originally posted by Quiero Mota

thumb up

I think I concur with all you said.

So that means that trashy is actually a whole combination of things. As you all stated.

question for Americans - when you say 'trailer trash' - can you use that phrase to describe someone who is trashy, but does not necessarily living in a trailer, or is that expression reserved exclusively for people living in a trailer?

Robtard
thumb up

So that means that trashy is actually a whole combination of things. As you all stated.

question for Americans - when you say 'trailer trash' - can you use that phrase to describe someone who is trashy, but does not necessarily living in a trailer, or is that expression reserved exclusively for people living in a trailer?

It's used often to describe "trashy" people, regardless of the trailer; it does have its roots there though.

Creshosk
thumb up

question for Americans - when you say 'trailer trash' - can you use that phrase to describe someone who is trashy, but does not necessarily living in a trailer, or is that expression reserved exclusively for people living in a trailer? I only use it for trashy people who live in a trailer. And then other modifiers for different kinds of trash. Not everyone who lives in a trailer is trash though.

Trash refers to someone who's trashy imo.

lil bitchiness
Sometimes I use 'trailer trash' to describe trashy people, regardless of trailer, so I wondered if you guys said the same, or was it merely on the 'trailer' bases.

smoker4
Ive used that before, trailer or not, nowadays it tends to be scum or Trisha scum.

Bardock42
Sometimes I use 'trailer trash' to describe trashy people, regardless of trailer, so I wondered if you guys said the same, or was it merely on the 'trailer' bases. Classicist!

Darth Extecute

A trashy clothing in my opinion, is a clothing inaproppriate..

Wearing white or happy colors on a funeral is trashy (Of course, depends on what the dead guy was like as a person and what he have spoken of about his funeral and death)

Wearing normal clothing during graduation, marriage or fine parties is also considered trashy, imo..

and other kind of inaproppriate clothing..

Rogue Jedi
to me, it's not what one wears. for example, if a woman has a nice body and she decides to wear skimpy clothes to show it off, this doesnt mean she is trashy. If a guy has a nice six pack and decides to show it off, hey, he obtained it, so by all means flaunt it.

I think that if a guy or girl has an ugly persona, if they screw people over left and right, if they walk all over people who care about them, then they are trashy.

lil bitchiness
- Having sex with 45 year old taxi driver for the fare home.
- Taking a crap in front of church to prove a point.
- Then telling semi-stranger about it without any shame.

Darth Extecute
I consider it trashy when people act disrespectfully.. Of course, the definition of trashy varies from person to person, too.. I think a lot of things can make a person trashy.. Disrespect is the main thing, though, clothing or whatever..

Rogue Jedi
- Then telling semi-stranger about it without any shame. someone you know?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
someone you know?

Yes.

Rogue Jedi
Yes. friend or foe?

lil bitchiness
friend or foe?

Neither. Just someone I recently met. I don't like her much though, and I suspect because shes so trashy. messed

Rogue Jedi
Neither. Just someone I recently met. I don't like her much though, and I suspect because shes so trashy. messed as a person, her persona, despite her sluttiness, is she nice? pleasant to be around?

lil bitchiness
as a person, her persona, despite her sluttiness, is she nice? pleasant to be around?

No. Because she constantly craves sympathy. I hate people who do that. well not 'hate' but dislike.

Rogue Jedi
No. Because she constantly craves sympathy. I hate people who do that. well not 'hate' but dislike. Sounds like she is an attention whore.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
A trashy clothing in my opinion, is a clothing inaproppriate..

Wearing white or happy colors on a funeral is trashy (Of course, depends on what the dead guy was like as a person and what he have spoken of about his funeral and death)

Wearing normal clothing during graduation, marriage or fine parties is also considered trashy, imo..

and other kind of inaproppriate clothing..

Dude, that sounds like a Red Neck to me.

Do you Jeff Foxworthy much?

Anyway, my funeral will be a party...not a "glum" funeral...I am actually working on my will and that will be in it!!!!

smoker4
- Then telling semi-stranger about it without any shame.

phone number!

j/k

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by smoker4
phone number!

j/k dammit, I totally missed that one.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude, that sounds like a Red Neck to me.

Do you Jeff Foxworthy much?

Anyway, my funeral will be a party...not a "glum" funeral...I am actually working on my will and that will be in it!!!!

Oh yeah.. I have hours and hours of Jeff Foxworthy matter.. He's great..

xmarksthespot
What point exactly does one prove by taking a crap in front of a church...? messed

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What point exactly does one prove by taking a crap in front of a church...? messed I thought that too.

ADarksideJedi

Someone who looks like they just threw some clothiers on.Like the style guys wore that is the boxes showing and keeping there jeans really down.
It is not only trashly but looks horrible.jm sad

Rogue Jedi
poor fashion does not equal trashy.

debbiejo
Sometimes I use 'trailer trash' to describe trashy people, regardless of trailer, so I wondered if you guys said the same, or was it merely on the 'trailer' bases. People here use that phrase a lot. I guess it would stereo type someone as uneducated, stupid, full of themselves, and vile in a slutty way, garbage mouthed, ignorant and doesn't know any better. Poppin babies out left and right. Does nothing but eat garbage, smoke and drink beer and never shaves...

And lives in a trailer.....lol

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What point exactly does one prove by taking a crap in front of a church...? messed

It is exactly what I thought, but no sufficient explanation was given. Or rather no explanation at all.

cyber tuff guy!

Trashy can be good. I like your name "lil bitchiness", I bet you have a "my space" account?"

Rogue Jedi
uh oh.

grey fox
Originally posted by debbiejo
People here use that phrase a lot. I guess it would stereo type someone as uneducated, stupid, full of themselves, and vile in a slutty way, garbage mouthed, ignorant and doesn't know any better. Poppin babies out left and right. Does nothing but eat garbage, smoke and drink beer and never shaves...

And lives in a trailer.....lol

All those points yes, but shaving ?

I mean I'm not Trashy and unless It's work or something of great Importance (Funeral , wedding ect ) then I dont see the point in shaving . Let thy stubble grow free cool

debbiejo
Actually I like stubble.

But I guess when I picture the stereo type of trailer trash,.....this is my view.

and lives in a trailer.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
I'll often leave the stubble for a few days, just out of pure laziness I suppose. Of course, it comes off if I have an important meeting, or if I start feeling like a riffbag.

Does this make me trash? *sniffs own arm pit*

Rogue Jedi
someone can be gorgeous, dress nice, and still be trashy.

dadudemon
someone can be gorgeous, dress nice, and still be trashy.

Haris Pilton...wait wut?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.