So... Who was behind the sinking of San Diego?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2410/aquamanv65422zq2.jpg

The Aquaman title sucks right now (being canceled with issue #57), i just thought this was an interesting turn simply cause it's completely unexpected.

That is all. Back to work.

King_Mungi
Is it offical it is going to be cancelled? and yeah it's pretty bad right now, I hate the new writer and artist.

Lucid Lui
Yep, latest solicitation rvealed to be "FINAL ISSUE". For the best, IMO.

Superherovandal
that Vandal Savage looks bad....His eyes look horrible as well the rest of him but especially his eyes.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Superherovandal
that Vandal Savage looks bad....His eyes look horrible as well the rest of him but especially his eyes.

He also seems slightly out of character . . .

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Superherovandal
that Vandal Savage looks bad....His eyes look horrible as well the rest of him but especially his eyes. Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Oh, you'll get that alot in the Aquaman book right now. The writers introduced some interesting concepts and plots (aswell as some very bad ones), but overall since #50 this title's been in bad shape. The dialogue and art are both nigh unbearable.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Slightly? Last time we saw him AFAIK was in the new JSA. Wildcat kicked him into an on-coming firetruck. When did he get sent to prison? This guy doesn't even remotely seem like Savage.

outavodka
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He also seems slightly out of character . . . fori thought he was an angry black guy till i read the convo

Deathstroke
When Butch Guice was doing art and Busiek was writing it was kinda dark and serious then they switched over to Tad Williams and Shaun McManus and it's exactly the opposite. I may be stating the obvious but they never should've introduced the new Aquaman.

Validus
Glad its being canned. Relaunch with Orin and enjoy sales.

outavodka
Originally posted by Validus
Glad its being canned. Relaunch with Orin and enjoy sales. AGREED

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Validus
Glad its being canned. Relaunch with Orin and enjoy sales.

Double Agreed

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by outavodka
fori thought he was an angry black guy till i read the convo laughing So did I!Originally posted by Validus
Glad its being canned. Relaunch with Orin and enjoy sales. yes

Deathstroke
I wonder what's going to happen with Orin now that he's all watery.

Validus
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I wonder what's going to happen with Orin now that he's all watery.
We'll probably have to wait until Final Crisis to get Orin back as Aquaman.

King_Mungi
well they killed him off a few issues ago, just have to wait and see

Deathstroke
I hope they explain why he's totally water now before #57. That'd leave some kind of openning for an Orin/Aquaman mini-series or somethin.

Lucid Lui
They won't, at least i doubt it. I asked Tad on another site whether that subplot would play out before the series is canceled and he said he wouldn't have time. So while it might be explained why he's fully water before #57, we won't see that story concluded. I also really want to see Tempest back to normal, but i doubt that's gonna happen either.

I think it's gonna be a good while before Orin returns. DC seems intent on shoving Aquateen down our throats, and with him joining the Outsiders i'd imagine that DC is just gonna leave him on that team for awhile and see what happens.

When Orin does return however, i hope they finally utilize the chance to restore his hand. Shoulda done it after Obsidian Age.

grey fox
Originally posted by outavodka
fori thought he was an angry black guy till i read the convo

As did I

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
As did I same lol

grey fox
The art is horrific , it looks like something out of Teen Titans Go....

Deathstroke
In an interview about Sinestro Corps Evan van Sciver said he'd like to draw Aquaman sometime. I'd love to see that, and let Johns write it too.

Grimm22
Whatever happened that arc in JSA Classified right during One Year Later when Savage was supposed to die or something?

Because lately he seems to be behind EVERYTHING!

-He was the villain in the first arc of JSA
-He was the villain in Secret Six
-And he was the villain in the last Flash arc before IC

DigiMark007
Wait. Wtf happened to San Diego?

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007

In Aquaman it was apparently sunken by some unknown (at the time) person.Originally posted by Grimm22
Whatever happened that arc in JSA Classified right during One Year Later when Savage was supposed to die or something?

Savage discovered that through eating his clone he re-gained a year of life, I assume all his meals are now clone meat.

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
In Aquaman it was apparently sunken by some unknown (at the time) person.
In an arc that happened years ago as well.

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
In an arc that happened years ago as well.

Ka-ching.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by DigiMark007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub_Diego

Happened all the way back in issue #15, and it's only now starting to be resolved.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Deathstroke
In an interview about Sinestro Corps Evan van Sciver said he'd like to draw Aquaman sometime. I'd love to see that, and let Johns write it too.
Yeah, Sciver would be awesome on an Aquaman book. He did some great covers for the book awhile back.

Deathstroke
At this point I'd let anyone take over.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Grimm22

He ate the clone he created of Sandman, as to remain an immortal he has to eat one of his bloodline and Sandman was technically his son as he did create him. It was a loophole. He was actually supposed to have died in the last ark of Flash when he was shot into space and collided with the metor that created him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.