Hello

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2.35:1
Can't think of a more clever subject line than that.

Anyway, first and foremost, I love film. I joined up because of that and not necessarily because of "Star Wars"--which I also like, but was quite disappointed with the last two. I feel I may hold off posting about them for fear of sounding too negative. But I can surely say many positive things about the first two and on a good day, number three.

My username on this board is taken from the aspect ratio of 'scope films, aka "widescreen", where the width is 2.35 times bigger than the height.

I feel that "Red Dragon" is one of the best films I have seen in a theater in quite some time. It has singularly re-kindled my hopes for the future of intelligent filmmaking.

As Ernest Lehman said at the 73rd Academy Awards ceremony, "film production begins and ends with the screenplay."

My first name is Joe.

Ushgarak
Howdy there; probably wise to lay off the Star Wars, then... though if you ask me it has to be a REALLY good day to like number 3...

General opinion around here is that Red Dragon was inferior to Manhunter but I am sure you will make your opinion known in the threads.

Welcome aboard, anyhow, and I hope you have fun posting!

mah
hi hello welcome. ROTJ was good

Fire
I agree mah smile

Raz
Hey Joe, welcome to the forums!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Captain REX
Hello Joe! Welcome to the Boards! smile

ToMacco
What's up

Dexx
hey man

yerssot
hooooooooooooooooowdy!
wassup?
sounds like you know a LOT about movies!

Dexx
well..i don't know that much

Mujaffa
hello. right back atcha

Julie
Hello......welcome Joe. You probably know lots more than I do about film, but if you ever need advice on Star Wars books to read...just PM me

ToMacco
plain joe somebody

Julie
uh he says hi too:-)

Julie
did this person return

ToMacco
looks like he didn't. It must have been something you said, Jules.

j/k

Mujaffa
hija

Julie
thanks,....do I have a knack for scaring off the newbies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.