Pre-Crisis Superman vs Thanos h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Superman vs Thanos...hand to hand. Who takes this?

starking
Oh god....

quanchi112
so much spite.

Merlyn
If anyone believes Thanos has a chance, they're a complete idiot...

This really is spite. erm

golem370
Thanos wins

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos would get punched into the next dimension.

Merlyn
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos wins laughing

Originally posted by Merlyn
If anyone believes Thanos has a chance, they're a complete idiot...

This really is spite. erm

guy222
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Superman vs Thanos...hand to hand. Who takes this?

Mad Titan loses

celestialdemon
Against PC Supes? He would take the Presence in a hand to hand battle. laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
thanos is the God of prep and is waay cooler. he has conquered the universe like 78 times a week now. He only lost to that rediculous character squirrel girl and that was a kids book. That writing was terrible. Pc Supers lost to that weak ass Darkseid. No way he's beating Thanos.

JasonK4
Originally posted by guy222
Mad Titan loses

Magee
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
thanos is the God of prep and is waay cooler. he has conquered the universe like 78 times a week now. He only lost to that rediculous character squirrel girl and that was a kids book. That writing was terrible. Pc Supers lost to that weak ass Darkseid. No way he's beating Thanos. Being cool and prep are non factors in a h2h fight.

Kutulu
Obviously Thanos loses.

I mean just look at this pic.

llagrok
Thanos is more skilled, but lacks in every other area.

PC Supes.

Galan007
Thanos has no chance.

Anyone saying differently, should be hit with a pipe. doped

batdude123
Originally posted by Galan007
Are you kidding? no expression

I guess your "sarcasm meter" isn't turned on today. Since when would nvrbeenwthagirl refer to Darkseid as being "weak?"

Galan007
Originally posted by batdude123
I guess your "sarcasm meter" isn't turned on today. Since when would nvrbeenwthagirl refer to Darkseid as being "weak?" Just noticed...

I'm lame. embarrasment

Avalonofthewind
Thanos wins.

Curbstomp.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
thanos is the God of prep and is waay cooler. he has conquered the universe like 78 times a week now. He only lost to that rediculous character squirrel girl and that was a kids book. That writing was terrible. Pc Supers lost to that weak ass Darkseid. No way he's beating Thanos. laughing out loud Speaking of our resident Thanos troll, where is Quanchi?

Thanos has no chance.

Anyone saying differently, should be hit with a pipe. doped

QFT. thumb up smokin'

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Thanos wins.

Curbstomp.

*wacks Avalon with a pipe* whistle

Priest
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Thanos wins.

Curbstomp.
ermm

charlemagne9746
That idiot Quanchi knows better than to bring his Thanos shit into this thread

laughing

Evil_Ash
pc supes gets curbstomped.

thanos can conquer universe in h2h.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

Sarcasm meter just went to 10. clown

Priest
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

agreed laughing out loud

Xplosive
PC Superman easily.

quanchi112

laughing quit taunting me. its immature and juvenile. this is another spite thread. thats it.

golem370
Thanos is a pimp and P-Superman is his Biotch

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
so much spite.
quit taunting me. its immature and juvenile. this is another spite thread. thats it.
haermm
I'm lame. embarrasment
Yes, you're lame.

biensalsa
Thanos hysterical

Mshinu
PC Supes would oneshot the Mad Titan

quanchi112

laughing Thanos wins. CC level power didn't even break the skin.

Endless Mike
Superman

Estacado

laughing
quan is being hated for almost 5 years now.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
quan is being hated for almost 5 years now. I will live forever.

abhilegend
Thanos wins. CC level power didn't even break the skin.
Anti-matter mine. Superman tanked one able to annihilate entire earth.

iceman24567
Superman oneshots Thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman shook infinity with his body. And ? Thanos beat someone with infinite power.

abhilegend
And ? Thanos beat someone with infinite power.
Post crisis superman does that on daily basis.

Magnon
PC Superman stomps the poor titan.

Spite thread.

quanchi112
Post crisis superman does that on daily basis. Luthor had him at his mercy with infinite power. Superman has never beaten Orion.

abhilegend
Luthor had him at his mercy with infinite power. Superman has never beaten Orion.
That was sarcasm.
Lulz.

quanchi112
That was sarcasm.
Lulz. I'm glad you concede.

abhilegend
I'm glad you concede.
To what? Superman oneshots thanos?

quanchi112
To what? Superman oneshots thanos? Based on him oneshotting who ?

abhilegend
Based on him oneshotting who ?
Based on him dragging a galaxy worth of planets.

iceman24567
Based on Thanos being koed after Superman wtf knocks him out

Bouboumaster
Superman break his fist on Thanos chin. Then, he gets the pimpslap.
Mad Titan ftw

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Superman break his fist on Thanos chin. Then, he gets the pimpslap.
Mad Titan ftw
hysterical2
This is superman we're talking about, not that silver penisless ***** of thanos.

NemeBro
Wasn't PC Superman wildly inconsistent in terms of showings though?

iceman24567
Originally posted by NemeBro
Wasn't PC Superman wildly inconsistent in terms of showings though? No less than Thanos

Bouboumaster
hysterical2
This is superman we're talking about, not that silver penisless ***** of thanos.

That's right.

It's Superman. And he would loose as hard as Surfer. The difference is that after that both gone down, Surfer beat the living **** out of Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
That's right.

It's Superman. And he would loose as hard as Surfer. The difference is that after that both gone down, Surfer beat the living **** out of Superman.
Its PC superman.
He oneshots guys like thanos and surfer.

abhilegend
Wasn't PC Superman wildly inconsistent in terms of showings though?
So does any character but we disregard PIS. Should I use Black panther armbarring surfer, surfer koed by mexicans, koed by a laser, koed by meteors, koed by a brick etc?

NemeBro
There is a difference between "wildly inconsistent in showings" and "high herald getting armbarred by a street level character".

Though Silver Surfer being KOed by Mexicans sounds almost as funny as the street thugs who mugged Darkseid.

Bouboumaster
There is a difference between "wildly inconsistent in showings" and "high herald getting armbarred by a street level character".

Though Silver Surfer being KOed by Mexicans sounds almost as funny as the street thugs who mugged Darkseid.

At least, Surfer can comeback from the past if someone send him with an empty cans of Orange Juice and a flashlight.

And his prime ennemy isn't a rock.

abhilegend

No, he wasn't as inconsistent as people on internet think. I've found that most of those silly low showings are shown without context.
Surfer was koed in a canon comic, that was a parody where darkseid was mugged.
Surfer fears hammers.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/8424_1136590140943_1413049612_30358.jpg

Lulz.rofl hysterical

quanchi112
Based on him dragging a galaxy worth of planets. So does Drax ripping a star in half mean he can rip Hulk in half ? Let's explore this logic.

Nihilist
Wasn't PC Superman wildly inconsistent in terms of showings though? Yeah, but once PC is put in front of a characters name its a auto win

abhilegend
So does Drax ripping a star in half mean he can rip Hulk in half ? Let's explore this logic.
Who cares about hulk? Superman snuffed out stars with his breath.
Originally posted by Nihilist
Yeah, but once PC is put in front of a characters name its a auto win
That's what thanos fanboys think seeing his name in a thread.

quanchi112
Who cares about hulk? Superman snuffed out stars with his breath. Due to it being in a dead solar system iirc and again what do these feats prove. It's ridiculous.

abhilegend
Due to it being in a dead solar system iirc and again what do these feats prove. It's ridiculous.
Due to what being what? He's strong enough to compress the air in his lungs and snuff a star.

PillarofOsiris

Though Silver Surfer being KOed by Mexicans sounds almost as funny as the street thugs who mugged Darkseid. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103201/2107802-1448601-thanos_arrested_super.jpg

Or like thanos being arrested?

Nihilist
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103201/2107802-1448601-thanos_arrested_super.jpg

Or like thanos being arrested? True desperation when you resort to using non cannon stuff.

abhilegend
True desperation when you resort to using non cannon stuff.
Okay, thanos at less power barely koed by an almost empty cosmic cube and got killed by an anti matter mine.

JakeTheBank
I wish the Thanos-Copter was canon...

PillarofOsiris
True desperation when you resort to using non cannon stuff.

Considering I was replying to someone making a joke about Darkseid being mugged, and I wasn't even arguing in this thread, I guess that was pretty desperate.

NemeBro
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I wish the Thanos-Copter was canon... So do I. sad

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I wish the Thanos-Copter was canon...
You mean quan-copter, right?

quanchi112
Due to what being what? He's strong enough to compress the air in his lungs and snuff a star. Drax is strong enough to rip a star in half yet he can't beat Thanos. Feats don't prove superiority. They never really have.

Nihilist
Okay, thanos at less power barely koed by an almost empty cosmic cubeThanos was weak when he got hit by the cube and its wasnt empty, it was stated to still have enough power to make Starlord GOD. Again he was still weak at that point in the story and Superman can produce antimatter.

Nice try though

abhilegend
Drax is strong enough to rip a star in half yet he can't beat Thanos. Feats don't prove superiority. They never really have.
Superman snuffs out stars with his breath trying to burn off some of his energy. Here they does.

quanchi112
Superman snuffs out stars with his breath trying to burn off some of his energy. Here they does. Precrisis wouldn't use this level of power against Thanos. The scan makes it clear he went to a dead galaxy in order to do so. You don't get to turn Superman into a killer just because you like him. It's against all that he stands for.

abhilegend
Thanos was weak when he got hit by the cube and its wasnt empty, it was stated to still have enough power to make Starlord GOD. Again he was still weak at that point in the story and Superman can produce antimatter.

Nice try though
I was talking about inconsistencies in thanos' feats.
Where was it stated that it would make starlord a god? I only recall starlord saying that the cube was worth only one shot.

He was more powerful than when he was hit by cube energies as noted by moondragon. So anti-matter mine>cosmic cube. This is a h2h match, keep your paranoid thoughts that everyone is lowballing thanos to yourself.

quanchi112
I was talking about inconsistencies in thanos' feats.
Where was it stated that it would make starlord a god? I only recall starlord saying that the cube was worth only one shot.

He was more powerful than when he was hit by cube energies as noted by moondragon. So anti-matter mine>cosmic cube. This is a h2h match, keep your paranoid thoughts that everyone is lowballing thanos to yourself. Anti matter grenade hit Thanos while he was weakened. Key word in that sentence was weakened if you missed it.

abhilegend
Precrisis wouldn't use this level of power against Thanos. The scan makes it clear he went to a dead galaxy in order to do so. You don't get to turn Superman into a killer just because you like him. It's against all that he stands for.
Different feats. He moved a star with his breath towards an enemy.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_attachment-1.jpg

He was a dick, who knows with him? Haven't you heard about superdickery?

abhilegend
Anti matter grenade hit Thanos while he was weakened. Key word in that sentence was weakened if you missed it.
He was more powerful than the time when starlord blew his nuts off noted by moondragon, mantis and cosmo.

quanchi112
Different feats. He moved a star with his breath towards an enemy.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_attachment-1.jpg

He was a dick, who knows with him? Haven't you heard about superdickery? So he would only use his breath to move a star back at the person who used it against him. Thanos doesn't throw stars at people. This is also hand to hand.

Nihilist
I was talking about inconsistencies in thanos' feats.Whats inconsistant about being weak when both feats happened?
After he blasted Thanos when he was talking to Gamora. He also said that when he fought the Magus and was wrong then, as he was when he blasted Thanos as it still hadenough power enough to take Thanos on in the Cancerverse at the end of TI.

No, she said his mind was becoming harder to read as he ragained his composure. Youre the one that brought up energy based attacks not me, so tahnks for proving that all you do is lowball.

quanchi112
He was more powerful than the time when starlord blew his nuts off noted by moondragon, mantis and cosmo. Thanos was still weakened. He was gradually gaining power back throughout the arc. At his most powerful he tanked cc level of power. Even while weakened he dominated Lord Mar-vell. Superman's in for a beatdown.

abhilegend
So he would only use his breath to move a star back at the person who used it against him. Thanos doesn't throw stars at people. This is also hand to hand.
You said he wouldn't use his full power against thanos. I presented a scan where he does against someone.
laughing out loud @quan logic.

quanchi112
You said he wouldn't use his full power against thanos. I presented a scan where he does against someone.
laughing out loud @quan logic. He can't use his breath so the scan is pointless. It's like me saying look at Thanos use the ig to kill his opponent as proof. The tactic isn't valid in this thread. A valid tactic would beat Superman punching someone to death. Really simple.

abhilegend
He can't use his breath so the scan is pointless. It's like me saying look at Thanos use the ig to kill his opponent as proof. The tactic isn't valid in this thread. A valid tactic would beat Superman punching someone to death. Really simple.
He uses strength to compress air in his lungs.
laughing out loud @IG and freeze breath comparison. You are desperate quan. How about throwing a neutron star galaxies away for strength?

quanchi112
laughing out loud @IG and freeze breath comparison. You are desperate quan. How about throwing a neutron star galaxies away for strength? He can't blow air at Thanos. That means the tactic isn't valid. Do you think he can use his powers in a hand to hand fight ?

Nihilist
laughing out loud @IG and freeze breath comparison. You are desperate quan. How about throwing a neutron star galaxies away for strength? Air to compress his lungs as a strength feat lulz and youre calling Quan desperate stick to lowballin.

abhilegend
He can't blow air at Thanos. That means the tactic isn't valid. Do you think he can use his powers in a hand to hand fight ?
He uses strength to compress air in his lungs, thats a strength feat.
He can't punch thanos using his strength?

quanchi112
He uses strength to compress air in his lungs, thats a strength feat.
He can't punch thanos using his strength? He can't use the tactic so it's irrelevant. He can't use his breath here.

abhilegend
Air to compress his lungs as a strength feat lulz and youre calling Quan desperate stick to lowballin.
What would you call it? Thats the official descripthon of his breath powers. Stick to thanos spite thread, if you can't see your lord losing.

quanchi112
What would you call it? Thats the official descripthon of his breath powers. Stick to thanos spite thread, if you can't see your lord losing. Even if he used his breath it wouldn't beat Thanos. Drax can physically tear into stars yet he can't beat Thanos a few upgrades ago.

abhilegend
He can't use the tactic so it's irrelevant. He can't use his breath here.
I never said it is a valid tactic, I only referenced in response of drax star ripping feat.
Back on topic, Kal oneshots thanos.

abhilegend
Even if he used his breath it wouldn't beat Thanos. Drax can physically tear into stars yet he can't beat Thanos a few upgrades ago.
Lulz.

Nihilist
What would you call it? Thats the official descripthon of his breath powers.haha does he punch using his lungs!! that is some of the funniest shit ive ever heard. laughing out loud whatever son, nice to see you dodged my entire post that destroyed your points previous.

abhilegend
Whats inconsistant about being weak when both feats happened?
After he blasted Thanos when he was talking to Gamora. He also said that when he fought the Magus and was wrong then, as he was when he blasted Thanos as it still hadenough power enough to take Thanos on in the Cancerverse at the end of TI.

No, she said his mind was becoming harder to read as he ragained his composure. Youre the one that brought up energy based attacks not me, so tahnks for proving that all you do is lowball.
Scans of starlord saying that.
Nope, she said that he was getting more powerful.
Keep your butthurt to yourself.

abhilegend
haha does he punch using his lungs!! that is some of the funniest shit ive ever heard. laughing out loud whatever son, nice to see you dodged my entire post that destroyed your points previous.
laughing out loud @ this shit. I never said he punches using his lungs. You're the one who is dismissing official description of powers.
I missed that by accident and responded in above post.

quanchi112
I never said it is a valid tactic, I only referenced in response of drax star ripping feat.
Back on topic, Kal oneshots thanos. Neither feat proves anything when someone runs into Thanos. That's the point.

Based on him oneshotting who ?

Lulz. Concession. Accepted.

abhilegend
Neither feat proves anything when someone runs into Thanos. That's the point.

Drax's feat is nothing compared to superman's feats.

Based on dragging a galaxy worth of planet.

laughing out loud

Nihilist
Scans of starlord saying that.You clearly read the comic going by your post below, so just go check yourself.
laughing out loud typical troll answer from you, Cosmo,Mantis and Moondragon all made the comments about his MIND being harder to read.
What butthurt? you brought up energy attacks to use as proof in a fist fight, when you was defending a non cannon scan. Like i said all you did and do is lowball.

Two can easy play at that game, PC Superman getting pwned by Lex using a torch and some springs for gods sake.

the Darkone
PC Superman was on another level physically,if written to his potential Pc superman beats the sh!! out if Thanos

abhilegend
You clearly read the comic going by your post below, so just go check yourself.

My laptop is broken atm.

I recall moondragon stating that he was getting more powerful. But meh, still doesn't changes the fact that anti matter mine>power to make starlord a god if what you say is right.

So breating is an energy attack, nice to know. All you do is attack other posters who say anything against thanos saying they lowball thanos.

Context, issue number? PC lex created a time machine using orange juice, doesn't surprises me at all. Thats the best you got?

Nihilist
My laptop is broken atm.Yeah sure it is, thats your first lie. It was ok when you was sure Moondragon said he was getting stronger

See what i meanlaughing out loud they said about his mind being harder to read. Why doesnt it, you do know the difference between a blast of comic energy and Anti matter.

Who said it was? try to keep up and not dodging what you posted. You brought up the cosmic cube and anti matter attack when i lold at the non cannon scan I attack when the like of you do lowball/troll and act as if you dont/ when cleary you are.

Wait arent you supposed to be the big Superman fan laughing out loud go to Lex's respect thread.

quanchi112
Drax's feat is nothing compared to superman's feats.

Based on dragging a galaxy worth of planet.

laughing out loud Feats don't determine superiority. If they did Superman could beat the Presence.

That's a feat which doesn't mean anything compared to a fight between these two. Thanos has tanked beings with infinite power>>>lots of planets.

Thanos' feats are still superior.

abhilegend
Feats don't determine superiority. If they did Superman could beat the Presence.

That's a feat which doesn't mean anything compared to a fight between these two. Thanos has tanked beings with infinite power>>>lots of planets.

Thanos' feats are still superior.
laughing out loud
Superman still oneshots thanos.

quanchi112
laughing out loud
Superman still oneshots thanos. You can't back your claim. Odin didn't oneblast him and he's more powerful than Pc Superman.

abhilegend
Yeah sure it is, thats your first lie. It was ok when you was sure Moondragon said he was getting stronger

See what i meanlaughing out loud they said about his mind being harder to read. Why doesnt it, you do know the difference between a blast of comic energy and Anti matter.

Who said it was? try to keep up and not dodging what you posted. You brought up the cosmic cube and anti matter attack when i lold at the non cannon scan I attack when the like of you do lowball/troll and act as if you dont/ when cleary you are.

Wait arent you supposed to be the big Superman fan laughing out loud go to Lex's respect thread.
First **** off with personal accusations. My laptop was broken two weeks ago. Even quan knows that.
Scans?
Herald level beings tank anti matter regularly.
Then you tell me what's so funny about calling it strength of lungs.
That was me defending a non canon scan? Wow, you're sharp!
You always act bitchy. Its nothing about lowballing.
There is no lex respect thread and my laptop is broken.

abhilegend
You can't back your claim. Odin didn't oneblast him and he's more powerful than Pc Superman.
And? Superman still oneshots him.

quanchi112
And? Superman still oneshots him. If you agree Odin can't oneshot him then you rescind your claim a weaker character can do so.

Endless Mike
PC Superman is physically stronger than Odin. Odin is stronger in energy stuff.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
PC Superman is physically stronger than Odin. Odin is stronger in energy stuff. Odin's energy attack hit Thanos not his fists. Odin's energy attacks are greater than Superman's fists.

Endless Mike
Not the ones he used against Thanos...

abhilegend
If you agree Odin can't oneshot him then you rescind your claim a weaker character can do so.
And? Superman still oneshots him.

quanchi112
Not the ones he used against Thanos... Based on what ? It ended the Surfer. Thanos didn't budge. Originally posted by abhilegend
Based on nothing. That's called a concession.

Endless Mike
It KO'd Surfer, it didn't kill him

quanchi112
It KO'd Surfer, it didn't kill him It didn't move Thanos an inch. Now who has Superman oneshot killed with a punch ?

Endless Mike
You know that's a bad question - he tries to avoid killing

quanchi112
You know that's a bad question - he tries to avoid killing Who has one shot ko'd ?

Endless Mike
Actually, I did think of someone he one-shot killed with a punch:

Anti-Monitor
evil face

quanchi112
Actually, I did think of someone he one-shot killed with a punch:

Anti-Monitor
evil face That's Kal-L not Kal-el.

Endless Mike
This is Pre-Crisis Superman... it counts

quanchi112
This is Pre-Crisis Superman... it counts There were two different Supermen. They don't share feats and the Am was extremely weakened. Context, mikey.

Endless Mike
Sorry but Earth-2 Superman fought Earth-1 equally and COIE was in the Bronze Age where Superman had officially been depowered from the Silver Age. And A-M in that state was still pretty damn strong.

quanchi112
Sorry but Earth-2 Superman fought Earth-1 equally and COIE was in the Bronze Age where Superman had officially been depowered from the Silver Age. And A-M in that state was still pretty damn strong. No, Am was weakened immensely. I don't care if they were near equals. You don't transfer feats and he was weakened. Greatly weakened.

Endless Mike
It's called powerscaling. And he was still strong enough to fly through an exploding star unharmed.

BTW, the one who weakened him was Darkseid, who you think is worthless, so therefore more of the feat goes to Superman laughing

quanchi112
It's called powerscaling. And he was still strong enough to fly through an exploding star unharmed.

BTW, the one who weakened him was Darkseid, who you think is worthless, so therefore more of the feat goes to Superman laughing Drax has ripped a star in half. What does that prove ? Nothing.

Darkseid's tech through Luthor iirc. Huge group effort to win. You act like Kal-L just decked him.

Endless Mike
It proves his physical strength. And yeah, he did just deck him. I'd bet flaming head Anti-Monitor is at least Herald level.

quanchi112
It proves his physical strength. And yeah, he did just deck him. I'd bet flaming head Anti-Monitor is at least Herald level. It proves Kal-L's strength when he was extremely weakened. This isn't Kal-L. I love how you can't name a single instance of PC Superman's awesome oneshotting yet you are convinced he ways. I am sure it's(your case) based entirely on reputation alone.

Endless Mike
Yeah, and Kal-L at that point (Bronze Age) was way weaker than Silver Age Kal-El. Get over it. Why don't you show me Thanos taking a punch from a guy who can pull a billion planets at once and remaining conscious?

quanchi112
Yeah, and Kal-L at that point (Bronze Age) was way weaker than Silver Age Kal-El. Get over it. Why don't you show me Thanos taking a punch from a guy who can pull a billion planets at once and remaining conscious? I can show him not being ko'd by a cancerverse universally empowered blade. You can't even give me one single showing of Kal-el.

Endless Mike
They've already been posted on the thread earlier...

quanchi112
They've already been posted on the thread earlier... What punching feats did I miss ?

Endless Mike
Do you somehow not understand the concept that punching is a type of physical motion, thus all feats of physical strength with the arms count for it?

quanchi112
Do you somehow not understand the concept that punching is a type of physical motion, thus all feats of physical strength with the arms count for it? Punching also requires skill. If a bodybuilder benches 500 pounds that doesn't mean he hits as hard as an experienced boxer. I wish people understood this very simple concept.

CosmicComet
Punching also requires skill. If a bodybuilder benches 500 pounds that doesn't mean he hits as hard as an experienced boxer. I wish people understood this very simple concept.

Everyone understands the concept.

But unfortunately you are talking about a tiny scale where technique still matters; the human scale.

Once you get past a certain pay grade, slightly differing form maximizing things like torque and what not, e.g. technique; become next to irrelevant factors.

Endless Mike
The difference between the maximum lifting ability of a boxer and a weightlifter is nonexistent compared to the difference between a boxer and a guy WHO PUSHES AROUND ****ING PLANETS AND STARS.

quanchi112
The difference between the maximum lifting ability of a boxer and a weightlifter is nonexistent compared to the difference between a boxer and a guy WHO PUSHES AROUND ****ING PLANETS AND STARS. Drax can rip stars in half yet his strength is nothing compared to Thanos'. We aren't comparing Superman to normal human beings.

Endless Mike
Compare ripping one star with both hands to pushing a star at FTL speed by blowing on it. Arm muscles >>>>>>>>>>>> mouth and throat muscles. Or Supergirl punching through War World, which was not only bigger than a star, but armored with advanced alien tech, and doing so while she was unconscious. Or throwing a spaceship to the other side of the galaxy (which requires throwing it at a ridiculous speed faster than light).

Here he is beating the crap out of Mongul (who was partially the inspiration for Thanos, and who Starlin worked on before. PC Mongul >>>>> Thanos in the physical department):

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/?action=view&current=supermanvsmongul.jpg
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/?action=view&current=supermanvsmongul1.jpg

quanchi112
Compare ripping one star with both hands to pushing a star at FTL speed by blowing on it. Arm muscles >>>>>>>>>>>> mouth and throat muscles. Or Supergirl punching through War World, which was not only bigger than a star, but armored with advanced alien tech, and doing so while she was unconscious. Or throwing a spaceship to the other side of the galaxy (which requires throwing it at a ridiculous speed faster than light).

Here he is beating the crap out of Mongul (who was partially the inspiration for Thanos, and who Starlin worked on before. PC Mongul >>>>> Thanos in the physical department):

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/?action=view&current=supermanvsmongul.jpg
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/?action=view&current=supermanvsmongul1.jpg Interesting both scans have Superman admitting he is probably not as strong as his opponent and that he has to keep him distracted.

Like I said the star feats don't really have anything to do with these characters otherwise Hulk and any regular hero just is flat out stronger feat based. This doesn't have anything to do with how these guys match up.

I see Superman admitting Thanos' superiority in strength before he goes down. Thanos has tanked far superior power than Superman's punches.

Endless Mike
Yeah, and Mongul would tear Thanos a new one too, so your point? Show me Thanos tanking a physical blow comparable to that of a guy who can tow a galaxy full of planets and move stars with his breath.

quanchi112
Yeah, and Mongul would tear Thanos a new one too, so your point? Show me Thanos tanking a physical blow comparable to that of a guy who can tow a galaxy full of planets and move stars with his breath. Those are just feats which don't determine anything. Thanos never tore a star in half but that doesn't mean someone who can has a shot at the title.

Quit making baseless claims that he'd end Thanos. Just a little bit ago you tried using a Kal-L feat for Kal-el.

Prep-Man

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/?action=view&current=supermanvsmongul1.jpg

Mongul was a beast.

abhilegend
Interesting both scans have Superman admitting he is probably not as strong as his opponent and that he has to keep him distracted.

Like I said the star feats don't really have anything to do with these characters otherwise Hulk and any regular hero just is flat out stronger feat based. This doesn't have anything to do with how these guys match up.

I see Superman admitting Thanos' superiority in strength before he goes down. Thanos has tanked far superior power than Superman's punches.
laughing
Superman oneshots thanos.

abhilegend
Based on what ? It ended the Surfer. Thanos didn't budge. Based on nothing. That's called a concession.
Based on far superior strength.

Diesldude
Thanos can only beat superman with prep and weakness exploitation.

Nihilist
First **** off with personal accusations. My laptop was broken two weeks ago. Even quan knows that.
Scans?
Herald level beings tank anti matter regularly.
Then you tell me what's so funny about calling it strength of lungs.
That was me defending a non canon scan? Wow, you're sharp!
You always act bitchy. Its nothing about lowballing.
There is no lex respect thread and my laptop is broken.

You lie all the time, so youre probably doing it now
When weak they dont.
Because it not a striking feat, unless he punches with his lungs lol.
Yeah, you picked up my post calling the scan desperate.
Why dealing with tards like you, its what youre know for.
Liar.

NemeBro
Those are just feats which don't determine anything. If PC Superman has physical feats above any Thanos has shown as well as above any character Thanos has physically bested, he is quantifiably stronger.

How could you compare two different fictional universes without comparing feats?

abhilegend
You lie all the time, so youre probably doing it now

You can think whatever you want to think. Go whine somewhere else.

They also don't tank cosmic cube attacks while weak.

Wait, so only striking feats count for strength?

I only pointed out inconsistencies in TI.laughing out loud

Or because you are an insecure, whining, little *****.

**** off.

NemeBro
To be blunt, using a breath feat from Superman as a basis for his physical strength is ****ing stupid.

Nihilist
You can think whatever you want to think. Go whine somewhere else.Dont lie all the time and you wont get called on it.

Name me all the time herald lvlrs have been hit by a CC blast.

When it come to a battle yeah.

Not to me you didnt, and you only tried to use TI to lowball Thanos as allways

laughing out loud Yeah sure i am, im not the one getting mad little child, just stop lying its not hard.

CosmicComet
To be blunt, using a breath feat from Superman as a basis for his physical strength is ****ing stupid.

I kinda agree.

While naturally one would assume lungs and cheeks muscles are providing a lot less force than actual skeletal muscle, by feats it seems like PC Superman's super breath is proportionately A LOT more powerful than a normal person's breath would be compared to their actual physical strength.

NemeBro
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I kinda agree.

While naturally one would assume lungs and cheeks muscles are providing a lot less force than actual skeletal muscle, by feats it seems like PC Superman's super breath is proportionately A LOT more powerful than a normal person's breath would be compared to their actual physical strength. It isn't just that. Assuming realistic correlation between the various body parts and shit.

For a more eloquent explanation, it is why strength feats can't be used to extrapolate a character's speed (and vice versa), even though biologically, strength and speed to a good extent go hand in hand. BT tried to do that with Kain, if you recall. Same principle applies hear. Strength of lungs and cheek muscles can't be assumed to correlate with punching or lifting power. Feats are more important.

abhilegend
Dont lie all the time and you wont get called on it.

Name me all the time herald lvlrs have been hit by a CC blast.

When it come to a battle yeah.

Not to me you didnt, and you only tried to use TI to lowball Thanos as allways

laughing out loud Yeah sure i am, im not the one getting mad little child, just stop lying its not hard.
Don't whine all the time and you wouldn't get called on it.

Name me all the times a herald got killed by anti matter. Your double standards are pathetic.

Who cares what you think? You think I lowball thanos pointing out his low showings, cry me a river.

laughing out loud You little sad thanos fanboy, every strength feat counts.

I'm just pointing out to stop personal accusations. Stop acting like a spoiled brat and act like an adult. Its not as hard as you believe it to be.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>