What will happen to Will and Elizabeth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin2009
After the credits of Pirates 3 we see Elizabeth and her and Will's son waiting for Will's return. But what will happen to Elizabeth and their son in the future? So hears my suggestion, why not make a Pirates 4 about Jack helping Elizabeth and her son to find a way for them to be with Will forever? I mean it sounds a bit far fetched but think about it, the ending to Pirates 3 was superb and I personally think they should stop with Pirates films but it looks like they won't so I say since Will and Elizabeth can't see eachother but once every 10 years and I repeat once, why not make so they could be together forever? And everyone would get what they want, another Pirates film and another great adventure. Now I know this would bring questions to who would have the chest. Well like I said it's a bit far fetched but it's just an idea.

Surreal_44
It's not a bad idea. Personally though, thanks to editing mix-ups, I do think the curse is broken. Not going to explain why right now, since I'm still not well, but your idea isn't a bad one. big grin

Kiera_Knightley
Well It might happen, But Im really wondering that too.

willofthewisp
If the curse is broken:

Will and little Will decide to go out and bring back something nice for Mama Turner while she's off doing Pirate King things. Along the way, they stop and build a little cabin in the mountains. When Will hears a little crippled girl named Clara needs a friend, he sends little Will off to entertain her. Little Will brings Clara a goat and brings her to Shipwreck Cove where the smell of the sea and the mountains makes her able to walk. Pintel dies.

If the curse is not broken:
Liz and little Will seek the treasure of Captain Flint. Hooking up with Squire Trelawney, the meet Captain Smollet, the able but gay captain of the Hispaniola. As they head for the treasure, the cook, Long John Silver makes a crack about Captain Smollet's prancing. Never one to shy away from a good zinger, Liz points out that Long John can't prance at all because he has one leg. Word of this gets out to old friends Jack Sparrow and Hector Barbossa who decide to charge money for folks to see the prancing one-legged pirate. Hilarity ensues.

miss_swann
Willofthewisp, are you a willabether?

Bwa Ha Ha
lol

LovelyOne
LOL I just want them as far away from the series as possible stick out tongue

totally pointless characters to the series..no real need to have em IMO

Well in movie 1 they were pretty cool...

(as you can tell I am still very bitter that it didnt end J/E lol)

lovethemtigers
Will and Elizabeth will lead a very boring life. Elizabeth will become the town baker and Will will be the town's blacksmith. Little Will will study to become a politician.

Elizabeth will learn to crochet and make quilts. Will will make swords and polish shoes. Little Will will start to read Pirate books. Much to Father Will's dismay, Little Will will begin to have an unsatable infatuation with Pirates and the Pirate lifestyle. Will will blame Elizabeth for feeding their son's head with stories....

yikes, with the way this sounds, best if they don't return for POTC 4, i would be bored to tears, just as I was in AWE.

Yes, I'm with Lovelyone...keep them as far away from Jack Sparrow as possible, because they serve no point and purpose......I thought they did, but as it turned out, they didn't.....

oh, and by the way...why did they make a part 2 and part 3? I still haven't figured it out yet.......

Well, as bitter as I am about how it all ended, I'm still addicted to this forum and talking about what could have/should have been..because talking about what happened is about as interesting to me as watching that horrific wedding in the middle of an epic battle.....

Surreal_44
Hmm....Will and Liz's future... I always assumed Elizabeth would still be Pirate King and Pirate Lord of Singapore. If the curse is broken, Elizabeth will still be pirating and handling political issues for the pirates.

I see her getting into smuggling. Still exciting, but perhaps a bit easier and safer for her while she has young Will.

When Will's curse is broken, he is introduced to his young son, and they all have to get used to living with each other again. Will snores; Elizabeth hogs the bed, etc.

Will starts up his blacksmithing and things are nice and normal for about six weeks, and then young Will, in a fit of curiosity, happens to stumble across (and steal) an object belonging to one of the local gods, and so begins another adventure.

If the curse doesn't break; Elizabeth goes in search of Jack and Barbossa, who are taking turns being captain of the Pearl, and suggests that they all go look for the fountain of youth. So after much arguing, they do.

Elizabeth drinks from the water, and is now immortal. She hooks up with Will on occassion, sneaking into the Land of the Dead for various reasons, and he sneaks to the Land of the Living whenever he can. They begin working out some business plans, and by the time the 20th Century rolls around they own Pepsi, Limited Brands, Verizon and Starbucks.

The Flying Dutchman was replaced by a yacht recently, and the kids' daycare plays "Little Einstein" to keep the children who die at sea occupied.

Things are a lot quieter for Will now, and Calypso finally releases Will from his duty. As a gift, she allows Will to remain immortal to be with Elizabeth. The two of them settle in to life in one of their many mansions (by the seaside), but one of their great-great-great grandkids turns out to be none other than a vampire slayer, and they get caught up in her adventures....

Ok, so it's a bit tongue in cheek. I don't know why people insist on making Elizabeth Domestic Goddess and Queen of Home and Hearth, because she obviously is neither. stick out tongue

lovethemtigers
^^^figures they'd own Pepsi and Starbucks....

I'm a coca-cola girl 100%......

IheartPocky
Yup lol. Coca-Cola rocks!!!

lovethemtigers
Surreal Writes:

Ok, so it's a bit tongue in cheek. I don't know why people insist on making Elizabeth Domestic Goddess and Queen of Home and Hearth, because she obviously is neither.

I guess the same reason people keep on insisting that Jack Sparrow could never be faithful to one woman......
can't help it surreal, if she chooses to waste her life away with Will that's what she'll be...the Person she had seemed to have developed to into DMC and AWE ....a person who longed for freedom and adventure was squashed by the fact that the entire AWE all she seemed to be obsessed with was getting with Will..even Jerry says it....in an interview he says "jack sparrow wants immortality, Will wants freedom, and all elizabeth wants is to be with Will".....gag, so what was all this parallelism about her becoming more and more like Jack and growing into a Pirate if all she wants to do is be with Will....

I'm sorry Surreal, I know you see it as a beautiful sweet love story between childhood friends...but I just dont' get it and I never will, I'm sorry. I'm just so bitter ...which IMO was no character growth for any of them.....they are all right back to where they started from...

Surreal_44
Beautiful, but hardly sweet. I can't think of anything more wonderful than two people fighting against an entire world that seems determined to keep them apart, defying it at every turn AND succeeding! NOTHING will stop them.

It's exciting, it's wonderful, joyful, heartshattering and so many other things I don't know how to explain it.

Also, you have failed again to explain how choosing Will makes her a domestic diva. From what I've seen, Will no longer has a place in society either, so whatever he ends up doing when the curse is broken will be far removed from polite society. No corsets, no more kissing ass to people of 'higher station', no more of anything.

In fact, looking at it in that light, Will is the one who would go back to being a nobody; he's married to the Pirate King and Pirate Lord of Singapore. Will is...former captain of the Flying Dutchman and former blacksmith of Port Royal. He will be second fiddle to his wife, who is one of the most prominent and important figures in the pirate world.

When Will is done with the curse, he won't have the power; Elizabeth will.

The point of Elizabeth's journey is that she gains her freedom and is allowed to choose the kind of life she wants. In her case, she gets both; she is powerful and strong and is free from a suffocating society, and is married to the man she loves most, who happens to love her back and is easy on the eyes.

I'm so jealous now of Elizabeth. stick out tongue How can you make say you love Elizabeth as a character and fail to see what an empowered woman she's become. She chooses for herself what she wants! Isn't that what you wanted for her?

IheartPocky
lol lovethemtigers, i was reading and then I got distracted looking at your siggy lol. his eyes caught me...

lovethemtigers
wow, don't they...he is just mesmerising, simply mesmerising....

miss_swann
In my head the WE story doesn't get boring on the contreary it gets quite.... interesting and slightly bizarre... *shrugs* I don't know why I started typing this because it's not like I'm EVER going to convey the weirdness of my mind into words.

Oh yeah, who ever said the thing about Elizabeth handling piracy politics (or something to that effect) hysterical Doesn't that just involve getting beaten up?

willofthewisp
Miss Swann, I am a sparrabether, loud and proud. But it's fun to muse about Liz with other men.

Surreal_44
Originally posted by miss_swann
In my head the WE story doesn't get boring on the contreary it gets quite.... interesting and slightly bizarre... *shrugs* I don't know why I started typing this because it's not like I'm EVER going to convey the weirdness of my mind into words.

Oh yeah, who ever said the thing about Elizabeth handling piracy politics (or something to that effect) hysterical Doesn't that just involve getting beaten up?

Since Elizabeth is both Pirate Lord and Pirate King, of course she'd be handling some sort of politics for pirates. And sure, she could get beaten up, I suppose, but maybe she's the one doing the beating. wink Speak softly, but carry a big stick and a couple of guns...they help. wink

lovethemtigers
At this point and time it doesn't really matter anymore what will happen to Elizabeth and Will. Their story is over. It's been told. The lovely story of the governor's daughter and the blacksmith.....they left port royal, joined forces with Pirates, she became Pirate King, he became Captain of the Flying Dutchman, they were married by Barbossa, they had sex on a beach, they made a son, and now Will returns for his one day every ten years. Fascinating story. Glad it's over.

Ditte3
I sadly agree.

Hambah
lovethemtigers said it perfectly.

lovethemtigers
yes, and now maybe Jack can get on with his life and not have to worry about being backstabbed and betrayed by them two bothersome children.....LOL...now he can fight Barbossa to regain the Pearl....and get to drink from the Fountain of Youth.....i sure hope Pintel, Ragetti, Murtock. Mullroy, Cotton and his Parrot and Marty are in the next one...I wonder who will be the new villian? Think Teague will have another cameo? Oh, I'm sorry i forgot what thread I was on ...I should have posted this on one of the POTC 4 threads....

miss_swann
But at least the WE story WAS (in the past tense) interesting!

Surreal_44
Oh, I'm weeping with you all. *snort* Now let's talk about avoidance issues...

Someone explain to me why Elizabeth is doomed to a domestic life because she married Will.

Also, the curse is quite possibly and probably broken (hello, green flash means only one thing), so the story continues on. wink

miss_swann
No the green flash mean a soul has returned to the earth, but he's going to have to go back to the other world because the dutchman must always have a captain! The green flash can't mean the curse is broken.

And Elizabeth isn't doomed to a domestic life, she is Pirate King and can go kick some bottom!

Surreal_44
I don't think so. Why would Will need to be 'alive' for just one day? He can step on land regardless of whether he's 'alive' or not.

miss_swann
he's always been alive. He's bound to the dutchman and must ferry souls of people that die at sea and gets one day off every ten years where he can step on land and be with Elizabeth. And the green flash definatley doesn't mean the curse is broken it means Will has come back from the other side after having ferried souls for ten years. And he'll have to go back for another ten years.

potcfan2003
Just wondering, since Will is immortal, will their kid be immortal? Or partially immortal? Or mutant!!!

lovethemtigers
^^^probably....has does an immortal man have sperm and procreate? I don't get it...but then again, this was one of the most far-fetched supernatural films in all of movie history...so who knows.

"But at least the WE story WAS (in the past tense) interesting!"
I guess for some, not for me.....

And yes Liz is Pirate King...thanks to Jack.

Even if Will's curse is broken, their story is over...it's been told, and that's from Gore..not me.

but I am in agreement with Miss Swann, I don't think the curse is over, it's just a flash of green light that signals his return from the other world, but only for one day....the Dutchman must have a Captain, william is tied to the Dutchman, the only way the curse is broke is if someone stabs the heart.....then Will would be dead like Davy Jones....

Calypso/Tia explains it to Pintel and Ragetti.....
everytime I think about Tia/Calypso i just crack up laughing, what a joke this character was....i laugh when I think about how Kate says she's suppose to be this magical person, but yet she can't spring herself from the Brig...Jack could, Liz could, Will could, but not Tia???? LOL

Surreal_44
miss swann:

Recall what a green flash is for. Recall when we see the green flashes in the film. We do not see everyone get a green flash when they go to the land of the dead. We see the green flash when they are returning with Jack.

We see a green flash when Will is leaving; but again, remember that green flashes only occur for souls returning to this world. It is not like a transporter beam from Star Trek. There's only one way to get a green flash according to film canon.

Will is in between being alive and dead, otherwise he would not be able to ferry souls. You can't be alive and be in the Land of the Dead for any extended period of time or you would be trapped, and if he were dead, he would have to move on.

Doesn't really matter though; I like both endings, so I'm good with it. I just happen to think the curse is broken. Which ending do I like more? I'm not telling. wink

lovethemtigers You should like the W/E ending. It isn't the Hollywood, sweet romantic end you fussed that the film would have if W/E ended up together. wink

If the Dutchman needs a captain, what's to say that there can't be a new captain if the curse is broken? Seems fairly simple to me; curse is broken, a new captain takes Will's place.

Now, about Tia Dalma....Calypso has a plan. What is the plan?

After you answer that, ask yourself these question: Why would she WANT to break out of jail? What purpose would it serve?

Think about who she is, think about what Davy Jones said about her and the way she treats men: She takes men's dreams and turns them into ash".

You should be able to figure it out if you tackle those ideas. I'm curious to see if you come up with the same answers I did. big grin

miss_swann
Originally posted by Surreal_44

If the Dutchman needs a captain, what's to say that there can't be a new captain if the curse is broken? Seems fairly simple to me; curse is broken, a new captain takes Will's place.

The only way to get a new captain would be if the new captain would got passed Elizabeth (tough job) to stab the heart so Will would die (Oh no! Not again!) But until that happens Will HAS to be captain.

Surreal_44
Why would someone have to stab the heart? The heart and the Captaincy of the Dutchman are not equal in parts. DJ created the curse for himself -- whoever stabs HIS heart has to take the place of the captain.

If the term of service is indeed up at the end of ten years, then Will would be free. It was only necessary to stab the heart to be rid of Jones, because Jones refused to do the job he was given, but he also refused to give up the captaincy of the Dutchman.

Will fulfilled the requirements of Davy Jones's curse; he stabbed the heart, replaced it with his own, and took over the job as captain. Once the term of service is done, Will would be free to go.

The interesting question then of course, is what happens to Will's heart and is he immortal? My own theory is that if Will is free of being captain, when he returns at the end of the film, he is fully restored. Jack seemed to be fully restored when he returned from the Land of the Dead, so it fits with film canon. smile

It's just a theory, mind you, but it's a good one, if I do say so myself. big grin

IheartPocky
I thought it would make more sense if 10 years later, he could walk on land and people could come on the dutchmen, but he still has to ferry the souls. Cause if after 10 years he just goes on his merry way, who's gonna ferry the souls? And who's gonna be the captian?

And what's the point of being immortal if it only lasts 10 years anyway..

miss_swann
Originally posted by IheartPocky
I thought it would make more sense if 10 years later, he could walk on land and people could come on the dutchmen, but he still has to ferry the souls. Cause if after 10 years he just goes on his merry way, who's gonna ferry the souls? And who's gonna be the captian?

And what's the point of being immortal if it only lasts 10 years anyway..

I agree with this because it was Calypso that but the curse on Davy Jones and I think that it would carry on with Will otherwise why would his heart need to be in the chest?

lovethemtigers
^^^I'm in agreement with MissSwann and IheartPocky.....throughout DMC and AWE it is stressed by everyone who speaks of it...The Dutchman needs a heart and a captain....The Dutchman must have a Captain....Calypso was the one who commanded the ship to ferry lost souls.....it was cursed because Davy Jones abused his powers and became evil, thus did the ship and it's crew......she explains it to Pintel and Ragetti when they are making their way back from World's End and they see all the lost souls in the longboats just before we spot Gov. Swann......

lovethemtigers
and Miss Swann...to me that is one of the plotholes.....Davy's heart was carved out and locked away in a chest and hidden from the world because of his heartbreak......Tia explains it to Jack and his crew in DMC when they visit her cabin for the first time....so I just don't get why Will's heart has to be carved out and put in a chest....his heart was not broken.....the whole Dutchman Story and Calypso Story is very vague and confusing and not tied together......

miss_swann
I think that at first Davy Jones carved his own heart out because it was hurting him that Calypso wasn't there for him when he got back and then he became evil and Calypso put the curse on him.

Surreal_44
Noooooo. Do you not read my posts?

DJ didn't carve his heart out just because of Calypso, first of all. Will pisses DJ off because he questions him "And after which betrayal did you cut out your heart?" DJ cut his heart out because of Calypso, but also because he could not bear the pain of his own actions.

Davy Jones cut out his own heart and created his own curse by stating that he would never give up the Dutchman willingly -- the only way to be rid of him was to stab his heart, and to replace it with your own.

The thing is, even Tia doesn't know everything that is going on. She assumes it is because of her that DJ tore out his heart, and she's partly right...what she doesn't know is that DJ is the one who betrayed her. Not until Will tells her, at least.

miss_swann
wait hang on.... *dumb blond moment in the making* how did Davy Jones betray her?

!!tangerines!!
*sigh* Davy Jones told the first brethren court how to bind calypso.

OMG lovethemtigers! eek! love siggy...
drool

lovethemtigers
^^^^I know....I dont' know what I would do without JoanJoan...she is the bomb...because I dont' have a clue how to make a siggy....

this is me bowing to JoanJoan

"i'm not worthy, I'm not worthy".....

!!tangerines!!
lol

miss_swann
Originally posted by !!tangerines!!
*sigh* Davy Jones told the first brethren court how to bind calypso.

dots oops!

joanjoan
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
^^^^I know....I dont' know what I would do without JoanJoan...she is the bomb...because I dont' have a clue how to make a siggy....

this is me bowing to JoanJoan

"i'm not worthy, I'm not worthy".....

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment Thank you smile You deserve better siggy wink I'm glad you like what I've managed to make. smile smile smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.