No Nightcrawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterpiece
why wasn't Nightcrawler in X3: Last Stand

Ridley_Prime
Because he decided to go back to the Munich circus? stick out tongue I don't know.

Kaos sebaceous
Because the actor i forget his name

Probably didnt want to act in the third movie

Because he's not as cool as Wolverine to people who don't read comics.

supreme_being
its said to be resolved in the game.

however alan cumming* was not on good terms with fox and so he was dropped from the film.

therefore nightcrawler was pulled from the script and apparently is to have said that the "xmens lives r too dangerous for him and he wud prefer to lead a peaceful life as a monk" or something to that effect.

*alan cumming is the actor who played nightcrawler.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by supreme_being
apparently is to have said that the "xmens lives r too dangerous for him and he wud prefer to lead a peaceful life as a monk" or something to that effect.
Meh. Why am I not surprised? That sounds just like him...

DarthLazious
Yep.

starlock
I heard that the actor playing nightcrawler complained about all the make-up and his time in the film,he wanted more screen time and such,add that to the info that he was not on good terms...well

DarthLazious
What a shame cause having Nightcrawler in X3 would have great.

Genosha
I didn't really like how they did him in the movies. They gave us a little too much of his tortured side and not enough- ok, not really any of his wit, charm, passion, or uh... other ...charms.

What can I say, I've always liked him better when he embraced a little of the darkness within, instead of abstaining. He's more productive as a hero, sexier, and above happier and more fullfilled.

InnerRise
Originally posted by masterpiece
why wasn't Nightcrawler in X3: Last Stand Alan Cumming couldn't tolerate going through another movie and going through the whole make up process that took hours so he opted out.

Wuss. Rebecca Romajin was able to do it throughout 3 and possibly a 4th.

Originally posted by Genosha
I didn't really like how they did him in the movies. They gave us a little too much of his tortured side and not enough- ok, not really any of his wit, charm, passion, or uh... other ...charms.

What can I say, I've always liked him better when he embraced a little of the darkness within, instead of abstaining. He's more productive as a hero, sexier, and above happier and more fullfilled.
Would you really want Alan Cumming playing such a character though? Have you seen his Creepy Cologne Commercials?

They would have needed to have casted someone different to play Nightcrawler in such a manner.

I said it from the beginning that I didn't like their casting of Nightcrawler.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Genosha
I agree, I've mentioned before, that Alan's an ok actor and I've liked some of his other stuff, but he's not Kurt.

With all of the make up a lot of actors could pull it off better. If I were casting I'd have probably gone with a relativly unknown stunt guy looking to break into acting. NC's s'posed to be out there buckling swashes, not clogging up the screen with whiney, awkward conversation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.