Raiden vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colonelf40
who would win?

the god of thunder vs the most overrated character in the history of 3d fighting games!

HonkyTonkMan
Hmm well one IS a god. Raiden.

StyleTime
That's hardly a reason for him winning.

Hayabusa can't be the most overrated with guys like Master Chief running around.

quanchi112
raiden wins this, with little effort.

Superboy Prime
Pfft. Raiden wouldn't fight Hayabusa. He would consider him a great asset for the forces of earthrealm.

---

Raiden has mastered all of more than 750 documented varieties of Jujutsu. Jujutsu is Raiden's secondary fighting style.

^ That's nasty.

Raiden takes on Shang Tsung & QuanChi

BvVtoVSzkJw

Yes. Hayabusa is screwed. Only way Hayabusa will stand a chance is if Raiden adopts a mortal body, but those chances are slim.

Raiden 9-10/10. I give Hayabusa 1 if Raiden drops his immortality and fights in stupid mode.

StyleTime
I keep thinking something happened in these games I'm not aware of , but everyone keeps posting the videos I've seen already. Raiden didn't do anything there that Hayabusa couldn't. I'm starting to think MK is overrated.

What else has Raiden done recently?

Superboy Prime
That video is impressive because he is taking on the deadly alliance. That same deadly alliance annihilated Liu Kang & Shao Khan. I agree Hayabusa could pull something like that off, but not against the deadly alliance.

Violent2Dope
MK is getting overrated, or actually still is. Can Raiden destroy worlds? Can ANYONE in MK destroy worlds? I've never seen anyone in MK do anything very impressive speedwise. Ryu H2H would win with great difficulty, and Ryu with TDS the ultimate plot device wins.

Superboy Prime
Now you're under rating them. You need to take into consideration that during that time the Deadly Alliance was amped by countless souls. You see that green flame wall thing behind them? Those are the souls of countless warriors being manipulated and used by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Now you're under rating them. You need to take into consideration that during that time the Deadly Alliance was amped by countless souls. You see that green flame wall thing behind them? Those are the souls of countless warriors being manipulated and used by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. And none of it makes me think they are in Ryu's level. Really, they are fighting slow compared to Ryu.

Guilty Gear
Smoke can destroy worlds I believe...

The elder gods could also.

Raiden was in a fight that was so intense it was tearing apart the world in fact.

Information such as how Hayabusa is fighting (H2H, with TDS, with DDB or PSMk.II) is not given. H2H I would say Raiden has greater chances. I see Ryu having the ability to take him down from seeing what Quan Chi and Shang Tsung did to take down Raiden. Ryu's ninpo and chi will be all that he needs. With his strongest weapons he can pull it off for sure.

As a side note Hayabusa is far from being overrated. The title of the most overrated character in versus would go to either Akuma or Bison, hands down. What I've also gotten sick of are the number of haters calling the TDS a plot device. Apparently anything else discussed in versus aren't plot devices. The Soul Edge, WMDs, the Master Sword, any energy weapons in general, etc. are all not plot devices because they're not from Ninja Gaiden, or at least that's what it seems to be. What some people fail to understand is that the TDS is a weapon holding power just like any other weapon that does, yet it's the only weapon called a plot device by haters.

Violent2Dope
Master Sword is the living definition of a plot device, anyone who denies that is wrong. SE, I don't know if that could be counted as one since it's not really used by a protaginist to move on in the plot which they wouldn't be able to do themselves, SC and Kali Yuga fit that description.

Superboy Prime
PIS = "I don't like it it didn't happen."

Guilty Gear
People seem to have their own definition of plot device and I'm not going to bother to describe each one. What's sickening is that the TDS is referred to as a plot device in any thread regarding Ryu Hayabusa, yet in any other thread that involves a different characters using a weapon of power the weapon being used isn't referred to as a plot device. Heck even when nobody stated that the character is using a weapon people argue as if that character automatically has the weapon, yet everyone assumes Hayabusa is fighting with only his limbs and refers to the DS as a plot device for the heck of it.

Superboy Prime
Like I told you PIS is I don't like it it didn't happen.

When someone disagrees about a character being able to do something with a given weapon they just classify it as either PIS or Plot Device.

What irritates me about it is that Hayabusa beat more than one person with the TDS. Had he only used it against Vigoor with DDB and Murai with DDB then yes it's a plot device given it's the only weapon that can match the DDB. However Hayabusa took on Alma's 2nd form, Doku's energy form and the protector of the fiend realm. That CAN be used to gauge the TDS's power because it isn't a plot device for them.

Violent2Dope
PIS = "I don't like it it didn't happen." You yourself have used this term on a number of occasions. Examples of PIS: Seph constantly underestimating Cloud, despite the fact he has killed him before, Link beating Ganon, and possibly Snake beating Boss but I'm not to sure about that.

Superboy Prime
I never said I'm not guilty.

However Sephiroth & Cloud's deal is CIS not PIS. Sephiroth is so stupid that he cannot realize he needs to take Cloud seriously. But then again if he actually did Cloud would be dead and the bad guy would win.

About Naked Snake & The Boss it is 50/50. You need to remember The Boss's mission was to die for her country. She also whooped Big Boss's ass more than 3 times. However Naked Snake did show slow improvement after each time they fought.

Link's Master Sword is a Plot Device for Ganon. Same as the TDS being a Plot Device for the DDB.

Guilty Gear
And once again, nothing states that the TDS only works on certain enemies. I've put up with a some ignorant members in particular about this and I found myself refuting statements such as, "Ryu only used the TDS in the Fiend Realm", "The TDS only works on the Fiends", "The TDS only works on the VE" and so on. It isn't surprising however since those were statements of people who've not played Ninja Gaiden apparently.

I agree that it works more effectively against evil, but it's still a powerful weapon against countless adversaries. I'm not sure the same thing applies to the DDB though. Gamov was evil and look at how the the blade destroyed him with a hit.

As a side note colonel40 is a DOA hater, though he's still somewhat my friend...for a reason...

Superboy Prime
True Dragon Sword = Plot Device against the Dark Dragon Blade.

That's it.

Guilty Gear
I hope they make a D.I. form for Ryu in NG2 in-game and not canonically of course. Now wouldn't that be awesome.

Would be cooler if the DDB can change form like the Soul Edge.

Violent2Dope
I never said I'm not guilty.

However Sephiroth & Cloud's deal is CIS not PIS. Sephiroth is so stupid that he cannot realize he needs to take Cloud seriously. But then again if he actually did Cloud would be dead and the bad guy would win.

About Naked Snake & The Boss it is 50/50. You need to remember The Boss's mission was to die for her country. She also whooped Big Boss's ass more than 3 times. However Naked Snake did show slow improvement after each time they fought.

Link's Master Sword is a Plot Device for Ganon. Same as the TDS being a Plot Device for the DDB. Seph is part of the plot, so it's still PIS no matter what you call it. And Seph is depicted as intelligent through most of the game, yet every fight with Cloud his IQ drops to 3 and he goes easy on him. I agree with the Boss statement, however even with MS, I see no possible way Link should be able to beat Ganon. Ganon is stronger, faster(yes I said faster), more experienced, and a magnitude more powerful.

HonkyTonkMan
Hayabusa would still go down to Raiden.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by HonkyTonkMan
Hayabusa would still go down to Raiden.

StyleTime
Meh. I'm not saying he wins, but I am starting to wonder if Ryu could pull it off.

Yes, Shang was manipulating the souls, but all three of them fought at speeds a real life human fights at.

Superboy Prime
To be honest I prefer fights that way. Speedblitzing fights are lame...and they're getting old fast.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by InnerRise
Meh. I'm not saying he wins, but I am starting to wonder if Ryu could pull it off.

Yes, Shang was manipulating the souls, but all three of them fought at speeds a real life human fights at. Agreed.

Guilty Gear
To be honest I prefer fights that way. Speedblitzing fights are lame...and they're getting old fast. Master Chief

Violent2Dope
That's what I'm saying Styles, they are so much slower than most fighting game characters.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
That's what I'm saying Styles, they are so much slower than most fighting game characters.

Sandai Kitetsu
Raiden 10/10

Sandai Kitetsu
I don't see what the point of copmplaing about PIS when it's actually legit. People just want PIS out the way so the can justify A>B>C> logic.
TDS is a plot device, but I do not see how that's a bad thing. Everyone uses plot devices, it's normal.

shin_remy
hahaha Raiden

he destroyed a world once

10/10

quanchi112
raiden beats ryu and ken at the same time.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Yeah. I'm really doubting some of the MK hype currently.
Originally posted by shin_remy
hahaha Raiden

When?

Violent2Dope
If Ryu gets his sword, he'll cut his slow ass in half before he has a chance to bust a world.

Superboy Prime
That would work if Raiden did not teleport.

Violent2Dope
That would work if Raiden did not teleport. So can Ryu.big grin MK characters are so slow it's ridiculous. "Gods" my ass.

Guilty Gear
You can't possibly win. I'm a god. Hey..what are you doing? Ouch! Hey! Ouch! Stop that! Ouch! Hey!

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
You can't possibly win. I'm a god. Hey..what are you doing? Ouch! Hey! Ouch! Stop that! Ouch! Hey! Kang is mortal and he has no problem taking down Gods.

StyleTime
Originally posted by shin_remy
hahaha Raiden

Originally posted by StyleTime
When?

shin_remy
go to the Mk vs Sf thread, there was a pic from the comic with raiden destroying a world

Superboy Prime
A comic is a comic, Remy.

It's not wise to say Raiden can destroy a planet because he did so in a non-canonical comic. To do so would be to prove their point of Mortal Kombat being over hyped.

Sandai Kitetsu
Canons irrelavant since we use what the thread stater specified.

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah that's part of Lana's new policy. Canon and uncanon feats can be used unless the thread starter says otherwise.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Canons irrelavant since we use what the thread stater specified.
Did he state what version of Raiden we are to use?

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Yeah that's part of Lana's new policy. Canon and uncanon feats can be used unless the thread starter says otherwise.

Shouldn't it be strictly canon unless stated otherwise, but ok.

Also she has not finished updating the rules.

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah that's right. You better say okay!

Superboy Prime
IMO it should be strictly canon, unless stated otherwise. Non-canon stuff, specially with 2d fighters, can get ridiculous.

BlaxicanHydra
siddown!

Superboy Prime
Are you willing to argue Dan >>> Ryu thanks to the SVC comic? durfist

BlaxicanHydra
Are you willing to SHUT UP!!!

Superboy Prime
I refuse to have that right! dur

BlaxicanHydra
DAY-UM IT!

Guilty Gear
IMO it should be strictly canon, unless stated otherwise. Non-canon stuff, specially with 2d fighters, can get ridiculous. Well, if we were to say things such as, Talim can defeat Nightmare in-game so she can beat him regardless that she didn't do it canonically, things would be a mess.

Using noncanonical events is different. However they can contradict canonical facts and if that's the case in some topics then those events couldn't be legitimate.

Violent2Dope
Yeah only canon unless thread starter says so!mad Raiden never destroyed nuthin foo!furious

Guilty Gear
Raiden is uberly cool though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.