So, How Long Did it Take Ya?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
The place to brag about, or mourn, your reading pace. smile

Five hours from page one to the end.

LET THIS BE A SPOILER FREE THREAD!! big grin

cundiff11
Let's see.... got the book at 1 a.m., read until 3, and read at least 6-7 hours 2day? So awhile. Wow, the end was confusing, and the epilogue a bit cheesy i must say.

allofyousuckkk
9 hours

Surreal_44
I got home at 1:30 am, started to read at 1:45, and at 4:00 am I had finished the book.

VAGUE SPOILERS AHEAD

I read it again this afternoon. I enjoyed it both times, although the epilogue was a bit disappointing for me and I felt some of the articles and passages from 'books' could have been cut down. Also, the time Harry, Hermione and Ron seemed to waste during the book was a bit aggravating to me, but otherwise I enjoyed it a great deal.

Arctic
Hmm...picked it up at 2...started reading about 3 I think...I'd say it took me about 5-10 hours but I don't feel like thinking too much about it. Too spaced out. But I finished it in less than 24 hours, not constantly reading.

maham
A week I guess.I'm a slow reader when it comes to books,but Harry Potter is an exception.I read more than half of HBP in abt 6 hrs(which is a big thing.)Since I've got other things to do in my day too I guess it would take me some time.But when I'm consistent I can read fast.Who knows I might read it earlier than I'm expectin.

scurran
Bought it at 12:01 am saturday morning. Read till two. Started reading again at 11 and stopped finished at about 2:00 pm ish.

7 hours-ish methinks

Quinlan-Vos
I didn't read solidly, just read 3 1/2 hours-ish before going to sleep...
Finally got round to finish it at 15:00 yesterday.

Luna150
Originally posted by Quinlan-Vos
I didn't read solidly, just read 3 1/2 hours-ish before going to sleep...
Finally got round to finish it at 15:00 yesterday.

Book was delivered about 10am, finished it at midnight. So 14 hours.

Arctic
A week? Dang it hasn't even been out two days here. But yeah this is the fastest I've ever read a book and I read OOTP in 2 days.

Spearhead
I started at about 4pm, finished 3 am in the morning yesterday...so if you take into consideration the breaks I took, 10~ hours or so

Arctic
We. All. Rule.

crazy

ndfreak
7-8 hours

Tayyab
about 6.30 'til 11.30...

5 hourss ishh

§P0oONY
I was still reading HBP when I got #7 (as my interest in Potter only returned after watching OotP)... But I finished #7 in about 8-9 hours probably, I can't say I counted the hours.

jasonowens4200
i finishd it at 6 am the night it came out
i wish it could have lasted longer im gonna miss harry

Joseph_Kerr
about 30 mins ago... but had a lot of things to do in between (I take care of both my mother and grandmother).. so I don't have a lot of time for myself.

The Phantom
I started reading at 12 noon on the 21.... oh **** this I'm not finding out how long. I don't care. I took my time with this book. I just finished 20 minutes ago though.

Rave X
It took me about... 10 hours or something. But English is not my native language, so I have a damn good reason to not read as fast as you guys big grin

DarkC
Got it and arrived home at about 8PM, finished it nonstop the next morning by 4 AM.

willRules
Originally posted by Rave X
It took me about... 10 hours or something. But English is not my native language, so I have a damn good reason to not read as fast as you guys big grin

That's still really fast compared to most people yes

danielle marie.
6-7 hours? I dunno. I finished it the 21st, then re-read some of it the next day.

Arianna
I'm dyslexic and a sentence takes me like 5 minutes, so it took me 22 hrs 34 mins.

Running Mascara
Took meh 3 days and 1 hour 22 minutes ermmhappy If you don't count the breaks I took

Arianna I lk your sig btw ermmhappy

Arianna
thank you! (visit the website! http://therebellion.forumotion.com)

CrazyEyes
Got in midnight on friday, red from 1.00 to about 3, then 10.00-8.00 on saturday (with a few hours breaks), from 10.00-10.00 on sunday, again with breaks and then 7.30-10.00 (now!!!) today, so about 3 days overall. That's mainly due to the fact that a lot of things confused me and I had to think about stuff before i read on.

Running Mascara
Originally posted by Arianna
thank you! (visit the website! http://therebellion.forumotion.com)

It's cute happy

pinkfloydkor
bout 5 and a half hours

Arianna
5 and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How'd you do that?

Blue_Hefner
I haven't gotten it yet, but it usually takes me about an hour to read 100 pgs

Arianna
7 and a half assuming you'll be purchasing the american?

chillmeistergen
Between 5 and 6 hours.

xEsaulx
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
bout 5 and a half hours

Ditto!

thefallen544
6-7 Hours, not counting the breaks I took or the fact that sadly I had to go to work the day after picking it up (1am Sat morning)

§P0oONY
My 8-9 hours were not straight also; I do have a life outside of Potter.

xEsaulx
Oh thanks for rubbing it in that I don't have a life outside of Harry Potter sad

Problem_Child
lets see since 2:00 am when i got home till 5:00 am when i finished minus going out to eat sleeping about 4 hours and trying to concentrate on my book you do the math

§P0oONY
Originally posted by xEsaulx
Oh thanks for rubbing it in that I don't have a life outside of Harry Potter sad
It could be worse, at least your life revolves around something as popular and accepted as Potter. stick out tongue

ADarksideJedi
It took me four days.Just got finish today!Not bad.jm

Lana
About four hours to get two-thirds of the way through the book (with distractions and multitasking), so probably another two to finish...so I'd say about six hours in total.

The Phantom

Lana
Originally posted by The Phantom
it's really not THAT accepted. @.@

confused

Yes it is. It's probably the single most popular thing around right now.

§P0oONY
it's really not THAT accepted. @.@
What Lana said... hmm

The Phantom
*Looks over the years we have had crazed religious people coming to the site and bashing the books* I dunno...

§P0oONY
*Looks over the years we have had crazed religious people coming to the site and bashing the books* I dunno... But it's not bashed by people who embrace any kind of logic... And they're all that really matter.

The Phantom

TheVapor
i read it on average 200 pages a day. just finished it today. i built up the habit of starting around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and read until 12-ish. i know thats strange but thats how it happened. could have easily finished it sooner as i can average 250 pages but i was tired from a recent surgery

Lana
My guess was dead-on accurate...6 hours in total to finish it.

Strangelove
I finished the book on Sunday afternoon.....it took me about 12-14 hours

TheMercurial
9 hours.

HPRules
it took me about 3 days to read it i got it on the 22nd at 3:00pm and read it till 6:00 of course with breaks then i finished the book today at 12:00 pm

Syren
I just finished reading it (and crying), debated whether to come on KMC and read your responses as I'm not too sure I can tolerate any negativity at this moment in time stick out tongue

Seriously though, I'm not sure how long it took me altogether. I returned from a four day festival Monday afternoon to find it had been delivered, started reading it Monday evening, continued yesterday morning, went to work, worked again this morning and finished it this evening. Not bad going, could have been much quicker but I have to admit I tried my best to savour this one.

Think I might be needed those HP Samaritans I've been hearing so much about ermm

Arianna
Some of my friends still haven't even bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie8
Took me a few days to get halfway cause I was a bit busy butttt I read the second half within one day through to 3am...couldnt put it down!!

Arianna
One of the teachers from school sent me the audio book! I got it this morning! It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty angel
it took me 3 hours to read bits of the book for 5 days

Silent Dreams
It took me a while because of work. But reading time was 10 hours.

Unicor777
It took my 16 hours in 3 days, between work, fam-baby, and the book. But english is not my native language, sometimes I had to re-read paragraphs to be sure that I got it right

potterz honey
it took a really long time for me nearly 14 hours(and i thought i was a fast reader, i really was kidding myself)

bajovie
came out at 8.31am and by the time we were at the front of the line it was 9. i was with my mum and i was walking through town reading and i finished it about 11pm that night with stops for... not much other than being forced to clean my room when i got back home. and making food to eat. and being disrupted by my brothers friend.

it was really nice because in adelaide there is rundle mall and its like a street of shops and no cars and all along rundle mall were people reading and walking, reading and sitting etc etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.