What does the future hold for other Pirate films?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin2009
Now all of us here love and enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean, but will there be other types of pirate films to come? and if so will they be any good. Personally to me how can you match the level of excellence of Pirates of the Caribbean, can you make spin-offs of Pirates? Sure you can, but the real question is can you make other pirate type films and still be successful? I mean look at Lord of the Rings, look at how many types of films tried and are still trying to match it, like Chronicles of Narnia, and The Golden Compass, when will it end? What do you think?

surfchikpir8fan
Maybe if they are based on real events or legendary figures Blackbeard, Bartholomew, Bonney etc. they should be a success. The world I think may have lost the pirate fever a bit from 2006, but in a good decade or less I can guess it may come back ...! Just guess we'll hold out and wait, but I'd love more pirate themed films, I love the true free pirate spirit feeling!

miss_swann
I know, I bet peter pan made disney more money than some cheap rip off of one of the world's greatest ballets!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.