Why Spider-Man 4 will suck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin2009
Look the Spider-Man series is a great one and I love the films, but look at what's gonna happen to the next spidey film. Sam Raimi says he doesn't really wanna do it, Toby McGuire says he don't wanna do it and Kirsten Dunst says the same thing, so I say why bother then? You can't destroy one of the greatest franchises of all time just because you want the money so bad. You can't change the director or the stars if you want people to see it.

Swanky-Tuna
They could always build off of, or ditch, that series. Make one of Spider-man in the future, ie, present, where he's more adult. Or something.

Spiderman_RJ
when did sam said he didnt wanna do it? last i read he said if they can create GOOD stories,he stays ( i guess that was directed at avi arad interpelations to add venom),so he meant either i am in control, or choose another,the rest of the cast,well i sure wont mind them leaving,the only exparable is the actor of jjj,and they should give robbie more screen play,he doesnt even look like and editor,he barely have a voice,we dont even see him and johna discussing.

DigiMark007
Clone Saga.

no expression

J_M
why the h*ll doesn't toby macguire wanna do it? come on.. it's going to well for everyone.

steverules
I shall play Pete/Spidey big grin

Yoshi Fanatic
Since the cast of Spiderman 3 did such a great job, they should go ahead and do Spiderman 4.

kiekan
From what I've personally seen, none of the thread starter's claims are correct. I watched when Tobey was on The Daily Show and he clearly said, that if there are new stories (i.e. new directions for his character to go, not rehashing the same story), he'd be up for doing a movie. And I've heard the same said by Sam Raimi.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I don't believe a word McGuire, Raimi and Dunst are saying. Raimi has basically said the same thing after each Spiderman film. Also I am hearing that Raimi doesn't what Carnage in a Spiderman film, but yet he is going to have Toxin in a future Spiderman film. All those three are doing is just spewing crap so people will believe it. Both McGuire and Raimi have said in one instance, no more spidey movies for them, then they turn around and say, YES I WHAT DO MORE SPIDERMAN FILMS. If you are not goint to continue to do the role , why bother go back and forth. I will not be a bit surprised when Sony announces that Raimi, McGuire and Dunt have signed on do to more Spiderman movies.

spencerspider
I doubt it will suck, 3 kicked ass, 2 kicked ass, and 1 started the asskicking, 4 will continue the streak.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by spencerspider
I doubt it will suck, 3 kicked ass, 2 kicked ass, and 1 started the asskicking, 4 will continue the streak.

Thanks for saying this.

starlock
Sorry Spidey 3 was bad real bad,but 1&2 kicked ass

If there is a spidey 4 i.m.o there will be a new spidey and mj

steverules
MJ was a total b*tch in the last film...the bit where she was all like this about me...she was really saying this:

MJ: This isn't about you, it's about me...this whole thing is about me. This whole movie should be about me, it shouldn't be spider-man, it should be...MJ. It should all be about me!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by starlock
Sorry Spidey 3 was bad real bad,but 1&2 kicked ass

If there is a spidey 4 i.m.o there will be a new spidey and mj

How do you know there will be a new MJ and Spidey?

Ultimate Hulk43
What're you all talking about? Tobey said in Wizard that he would definitely do a Spider-Man 4 movie if it grabs him & has a good story. Btw (to the topic creator), how can you rant about a movie that hasn't come out yet?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by steverules
MJ was a total b*tch in the last film...the bit where she was all like this about me...she was really saying this:

MJ: This isn't about you, it's about me...this whole thing is about me. This whole movie should be about me, it shouldn't be spider-man, it should be...MJ. It should all be about me!
To be fair, he was talking about himself a lot when she was looking for emotional support. Damn, Spidey, don't you know how to treat a woman!?

steverules
No he was making a point, he was using an example...he always got bad reviews by papers, he learnt to deal with it...he was trying to help MJ and show her that even though her show got a bad review she shouldn't give up

Ultimate Hulk43
My brother said something that was very simple & sums up everything:

Scroll down.....

It was a chick flick.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
To be fair, he was talking about himself a lot when she was looking for emotional support. Damn, Spidey, don't you know how to treat a woman!?

Wrong! Every single Goddamn time he tried to support her she'd shoot him down. It went like this:

Peter: It'll be okay.
Mary Jane: No. it won't be.
Peter: Trust me, everything will be better & your career will be okay.
Mary Jane: Can't you see I'm trying to be a nasty angry ***** over here? *starts sobbing*

Seriously, that's how it should've went. Sam Raimi made the movie revolve around her too much & that screen time could've went towards Venom, a character who really deserves to be the main highlight of the movie. Hell, more fights with the Sandman would've been nice.

PiruBlood
kirsten dunst said that shell come back as long as the original cast and director are on the project.

steverules
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Wrong! Every single Goddamn time he tried to support her she'd shoot him down. It went like this:

Mary Jane: Can't you see I'm trying to be a nasty angry ***** over here? *starts sobbing*

Seriously, that's how it should've went. Sam Raimi made the movie revolve around her too much & that screen time could've went towards Venom, a character who really deserves to be the main highlight of the movie. Hell, more fights with the Sandman would've been nice.

It would've been nice...but what did we get? MJ being a b*tch and singing...of all the cool things we could've we got something that sucked

Ultimate Hulk43
I actually wanted more Giant Sandman action.

Swanky-Tuna

What movie were you watching, Ref?!

It was all like:

MJ: I'm ****ed now because of this review *cry*
Pete: When people said this about me stuffstuffstuff and now I'm awesome!
MJ: Other complaint that I can't remember.
Pete: Last week all these people cheered for me!
MJ: Shut up! *female emotions*

I thought it was pretty obvious they were trying to make Pete look like a dong... I mean, even more than awkwardly springing a poem out in Spider-man 2. I don't know if I'm paraphrasing something from the movie, my own experience living with my sisters and mom, or an episode of Home Improvement, but I think if he would of just been there to absorb her grief instead of trying to remedy it with tales of how much ass he kicks he would of been better off.

It was a chick flick.
*looks at above answer* The estrogen is seeping into my pours! I gotta escape!

Ultimate Hulk43
Lol, are you really that idiotic? I wasn't using an exact quote from the film. I was using words that expressed what it felt like was going on.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I look forward to many Spiderman movies. I am very positive that Tobey and Kirsten and Raimi will be back. I will not shocked if they aren't because a great story and good action will be greatly wanted. Anyhow 2010, here comes Spidey four.

Ultimate Hulk43
Raimi & Kirsten, I doubt but Tobey will probably come back.

Swanky-Tuna
Lol, are you really that idiotic? I wasn't using an exact quote from the film. I was using words that expressed what it felt like was going on.
As was I.

Anakin2009
Look Raimi said he might not wanna do it because he might take the job of directing the Hobbit. Toby McGuire said he wouldn't come back unless there was a really good story, and Raimi said he wouldn't come back unless McGuire is Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst is MJ.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Anakin2009
Look Raimi said he might not wanna do it because he might take the job of directing the Hobbit. Toby McGuire said he wouldn't come back unless there was a really good story, and Raimi said he wouldn't come back unless McGuire is Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst is MJ.

I am not putting too much stock into what Raimni, Mcguire and Dunst have said. Tobey said months ago that Spidey 3 was it for him, but has since changed his mind. As for Dunst, Spiderman movies have been the best things she's done so I'm sure they won't be the last spidey films for her. As for Raimi, he has changed has mind after each Spiderman film, besides didn't Raimi name possible villains for a film he allegedly has no interests in doing?

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
, besides didn't Raimi name possible villains for a film he allegedly has no interests in doing?

Yeap. Spiderman 2 he was going to have the vulture in it but of course all the fans wanted doctor octopus and spiderman 3 Venom Was'nt going to be in it and yea same deal.

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by Anakin2009
Look the Spider-Man series is a great one and I love the films, but look at what's gonna happen to the next spidey film. Sam Raimi says he doesn't really wanna do it, Toby McGuire says he don't wanna do it and Kirsten Dunst says the same thing, so I say why bother then? You can't destroy one of the greatest franchises of all time just because you want the money so bad. You can't change the director or the stars if you want people to see it.

I Agree. The Spider-Man Movies are great. the third was a disappointment and now most of the people don't want to continue. might as well not see it

Ultimate Hulk43
The third film wasn't really a disappointment, it was just more like a chick flick with muscular guys in spandex fighting each other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.