Avada Kedavra in DH? (SPOILERS!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan-Vos
So... if we take evidence from what has been said MANY times, Avada Kedavra can't be blocked, right? So... why the hell did Harry use Protego when Voldemort went apeshit at Mrs. Weasley???? It shouldn't affect anything!

Rave X
I was wondering the same thing... it doesn't make much sense...

DarkC
I think Harry might have been able to do something, being the true master and all of the Elder Wand.

jasonowens4200
he had the elder wand even though V had the actually wand he took dracos which had the powers of the elder wand since he was the true owner thats what i THINK dont quite know but it sounds like that could be the only reason dunno

exanda kane
Voldemort's Elder Wand ran out of battery.

allofyousuckkk
I noticed in the book that porotego also seemd to seperate people from eachother, like, push them away from one another? I took it as such, at least

ndfreak
i think allofyousuckkk has a point. it also separates people from each other. And anyways its not like voldemort could';ve killed anyone there anyways. Harry sacrificed himself for them giving them protection his mom gave him.

willRules
Originally posted by Quinlan-Vos
So... if we take evidence from what has been said MANY times, Avada Kedavra can't be blocked, right? So... why the hell did Harry use Protego when Voldemort went apeshit at Mrs. Weasley???? It shouldn't affect anything!

I may be wrong but I thought that supposedly the Elder Wand allows it's owner to win any duel, However there has been an exception to the rule; Albus Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald, despite Grindelwald having the Elder Wand advantage. yes

Arianna
I think the Elder Wand fights hard for its master no matter who's hand it's in, but it can't keep his master immortal otherwise Dumbeldore would never have beaten Grindlewald.

danielle marie.
I think ndfreak has a point. Harry sacrificed himself just like his mom sacrificed herself. So what effect would the curse have had on Molly anyway?

Arianna
I don't really understand that theory, Harry didn't sacrafice himself like Lily did, he was prepared to but he didn't.

danielle marie.
He tried to, which gave them protection. It's why Voldies spells/charms/curses kept failing.

Arianna
Ah, so trying to works as well? That makes so much more sense!

danielle marie.
That's what I got out of it.

willRules
Originally posted by Arianna
Ah, so trying to works as well? That makes so much more sense!

Not saying that anyone's right or wrong but choices and intentions are key themes to the books yes

Arianna
true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.