True Love.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
hypothetical situation: Jim and Stacy meet, fall deeply in love, and are married. they believe it is true love. a few years down the road, and they get bored with each other, so they decide to take a break.

they end up marrying other people. well 15 or 20 years down the line, they start talking again, and realize that they still love each other. so they leave their partners and decide to give it another shot, ending up spending the rest of their lives together.

Is this true love?

vivando-loca
it's human, that's what it is. we all get bored of being with someone, even if we do love them.

Rogue Jedi
but if you are apart from someone for a long time, then reconcile and spend the rest of your lives together, what is that?

also, how do you explain people that get married young and stay together forever?

Alfheim
Originally posted by vivando-loca
it's human, that's what it is. we all get bored of being with someone, even if we do love them.

That true and it depends. From a spiritual point of view you shouldnt get bored of somebody if you love them because you will keep finding new stuff about them which you like, you know everything is infinite blah blah blah.

Rogue Jedi
my grandparents were married in their early 20's and married for almost 70 years. that, I think, is a miracle.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
my grandparents were married in their early 20's and married for almost 70 years. that, I think, is a miracle.

Well there you go then, some people dont get bored. With some people they never get fed up of each other.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well there you go then, some people dont get bored. With some people they never get fed up of each other. they were amazing. I remember my grandpa, 80 something years old, on his walker, coming up behind my grandma and kissing her on the cheek and saying "I love you, babe.".......DAMN I miss them..... sad

Alfheim
they were amazing. I remember my grandpa, 80 something years old, on his walker, coming up behind my grandma and kissing her on the cheek and saying "I love you, babe.".......DAMN I miss them..... sad

Awww...I got something in my eye. crysorry

Creshosk
Originally posted by vivando-loca
it's human, that's what it is. we all get bored of being with someone, even if we do love them. That's why its important to spend time apart from each other. Not like multiple days or anything. A few hours hanging with friends apart from one another, or even with mutual friends can help. Of course spending time at work could also help.

Röland
hypothetical situation: Jim and Stacy meet, fall deeply in love, and are married. they believe it is true love. a few years down the road, and they get bored with each other, so they decide to take a break.

they end up marrying other people. well 15 or 20 years down the line, they start talking again, and realize that they still love each other. so they leave their partners and decide to give it another shot, ending up spending the rest of their lives together.

Is this true love?

I don't know if I would call that "True Love." To me true love is when you are with someone and know without a doubt they are the person you want to be with.

I would say that these two people in this question never lost the love they had for each other and that is why they were able to get back together.

PITT_HAPPENS

Rogue Jedi

The Grey Fox
good post.

Good post.

Rogue Jedi
confused

PITT_HAPPENS
confused confused

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by PITT_HAPPENS
confused

confused

BobbyD

Is this true love?

In my opinion? No. Does it mean it isn't? No.

The Grey Fox
I can tell you're an agnostic my friend

PITT_HAPPENS

The Grey Fox
O RLY?

Victor Von Doom
True love is when you become an irrational idiot incapable of remembering what normal was.

vivando-loca
laughing

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
True love is when you become an irrational idiot incapable of remembering what normal was.

I have to say I completely 100% agree with you.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BobbyD
In my opinion? No. Does it mean it isn't? No. thats the worst answer I have ever heard.

vinz07
true love never dies...time doesnt matter...age doesnt matter....whatever...that is true love....maybe YOU and HER will reconcile each other time passes by..expect the unexpected, prepare for the worst and hope for the best....

Quiero Mota

Is this true love?

I would say so. They're comfortable with the familiarity of it and the memories. They would also have some stories to share, a lot happens in 20 years.

Rogue Jedi
boredom....relationship killer.

Quiero Mota
boredom....relationship killer.

It is.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
It is. I just said that.

Captain REX
My opinion? The example stated above would be considered true love.

Rogue Jedi
REXIE!!! long time no speak!!!

gingercaily
they were amazing. I remember my grandpa, 80 something years old, on his walker, coming up behind my grandma and kissing her on the cheek and saying "I love you, babe.".......DAMN I miss them..... sad

i was amaze too..i idolized couples like them..imagine, how long they've been together but they still love each other and stay sweet as teenagers... have you watch the movie THE NOTEBOOK?..same story with your grandparents...

Rogue Jedi
yes, good movie.

debbiejo
There is no such thing is true love, but only love that feels true for awhile until the next love.

Alfheim
Originally posted by debbiejo
There is no such thing is true love, but only love that feels true for awhile until the next love.

Yeah, yeah whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadudemon
yes, good movie.

You're such a freaking pussy...whistling1

LOL

Just kidding dude, I cried several times when I watched that movie. That's how I want to go out of this world...just like that couple did from "The Notebook".

imogen
If you really love each other, you'll both find ways to keep your relationship fun and alive.. boredom shouldn't be an issue if it's true love. boredom can even be fun, as long as you're together. wink

as with Jim and Stacy's situation, i think it's true love... 'cause no matter what happened between them, no matter how many people came and went into their lives, they're really meant to be together, so God found a way to bring them back into each other's arms. smile

Goddess Kali
All forms of Love are true Love

vinz07
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
All forms of Love are true Love

IMMATURE love is FRAGILE...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
You're such a freaking pussy...whistling1

LOL

Just kidding dude, I cried several times when I watched that movie. That's how I want to go out of this world...just like that couple did from "The Notebook". that was sarcasm. that movie bored the hell outta me.

vinz07
that was sarcasm. that movie bored the hell outta me.

HAVE you find your TRUE LOVE?????

debbiejo
Everytime a person finds love, they call it their true love.

But a person is just truely in love.

vinz07
You can prove someones true LOVE if he/she died....till death they a part...like Romeo and Juliet...

Charmed_Phoebe
I agree with you debbie...I hate love.

dadudemon

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
All forms of Love are true Love bullshit.

vinz07
bullshit.

You don't believe this????LOVE is so sweet...if you have someone...

Rogue Jedi
love with the right person is magical. if not with the right person, it is pure hell.

vinz07
love with the right person is magical. if not with the right person, it is pure hell.

owwwsss..really..so we can use magic to love a person........TRUST is very important when loving someone....

BlackSunshine

SOOOO true.

Alpha Centauri
also, how do you explain people that get married young and stay together forever?

There isn't any ONE reason, is there? Some genuinely fall in love and are happy enough and dedicated enough to keep it together for good, some do it out of convenience, familiarity and fear of not having anything, so they settle for something guaranteed, but not truly fulfilling.

I don't believe in any one idea of "true" love. Everyone's idea of love is different, granted, there are people with crushes who act like "OH GOD I'M IN LOVE!", but really, it's all subjective.

To answer your previous question, I wouldn't say the meeting-after-a-long-time thing is "true love", just re-igniting a flame and having another chance at making things happen. The situation or way in which things occur would not be a determining factor in the feelings involved anyway, the feelings themselves are what matter.

You wouldn't think back on a life of love with a woman and be proud because you met her in line at a post office or whatever, you'd be proud of the fact that you have what you have with her.

That's the reason too many people "fail" at love, because everyone feels they have to have an idea of what true love is so they can find it, you have to let it happen and figure it out for yourself, if it even happens at all.

It's like being an athiest and looking for reasons to believe in God because a friend does. They see something in the world that has caused them to believe in something you do not, and that's fine, just so long as you don't spend your life looking for something that someone else says is true, based on their own subjectivity.

There are people here who'd say "True love is...", and if you spent your life looking for that, you might not succeed, cos you may not agree.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There isn't any ONE reason, is there? Some genuinely fall in love and are happy enough and dedicated enough to keep it together for good, some do it out of convenience, familiarity and fear of not having anything, so they settle for something guaranteed, but not truly fulfilling.

I don't believe in any one idea of "true" love. Everyone's idea of love is different, granted, there are people with crushes who act like "OH GOD I'M IN LOVE!", but really, it's all subjective.

To answer your previous question, I wouldn't say the meeting-after-a-long-time thing is "true love", just re-igniting a flame and having another chance at making things happen. The situation or way in which things occur would not be a determining factor in the feelings involved anyway, the feelings themselves are what matter.

You wouldn't think back on a life of love with a woman and be proud because you met her in line at a post office or whatever, you'd be proud of the fact that you have what you have with her.

That's the reason too many people "fail" at love, because everyone feels they have to have an idea of what true love is so they can find it, you have to let it happen and figure it out for yourself, if it even happens at all.

It's like being an athiest and looking for reasons to believe in God because a friend does. They see something in the world that has caused them to believe in something you do not, and that's fine, just so long as you don't spend your life looking for something that someone else says is true, based on their own subjectivity.

There are people here who'd say "True love is...", and if you spent your life looking for that, you might not succeed, cos you may not agree.

-AC good point. I look at my dad and his current wife. He and my mom split when I was 10. he married again when I was 20. well, a while back we were talking about relationships, and he admitted to me that a part of him still loves my mom, even thought he loves his second wife as he is supposed to. I know my mom doesn't love him anymore, that's why she left, duh. But I can't help but wonder....which is his true love? my mom, or his second wife? or is either of him his true love? did he "succeed" or is he still looking? or is he going to one day pass on never having known true love? On another note, could they both be his true love?

too much, man. I have decided to just live my life in the here and now, go with what feels right, and hope it works out for the best.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC
I think this is a pretty good assessment.
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
As was this.

StyleTime
Edit.

Robtard
good point. I look at my dad and his current wife. He and my mom split when I was 10. he married again when I was 20. well, a while back we were talking about relationships, and he admitted to me that a part of him still loves my mom, even thought he loves his second wife as he is supposed to. I know my mom doesn't love him anymore, that's why she left, duh. But I can't help but wonder....which is his true love? my mom, or his second wife? or is either of him his true love? did he "succeed" or is he still looking? or is he going to one day pass on never having known true love? On another note, could they both be his true love?

too much, man. I have decided to just live my life in the here and now, go with what feels right, and hope it works out for the best.

You have to factor in a few things... He was with your mother 10+ years, he had a child with her and from what it seems, it was his actions or inactions that caused the split. The first two things aren't something you can just let go of completely. I would imagine it would take some horrendous act for me to completely have zero love for my wife, even if we divorced.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
You have to factor in a few things... He was with your mother 10+ years, he had a child with her and from what it seems, it his actions/inactions that caused the split. The first two things aren't something you can just let go of completely. I would imagine it would take some horrendous act for me to completely have zero love for my wife, even if we divorced. but the question remains, which of the two is his "true love?"

Robtard
but the question remains, which of the two is his "true love?"

**** if I know... only your father could possibly answer that.

Edit:

No matter how much "in love" you feel, there's probably someone better suited for you somewhere, and the chance of you ultimamtely finding the definitive perfect match is low, considering the 6+ billion population.

Rogue Jedi
**** if I know... only your father could possibly answer that. well, obviously if I ask, he will tell me his current wife. I suspect deep down it is my mom.

dadudemon
well, obviously if I ask, he will tell me his current wife. I suspect deep down it is my mom.

Or deep down you want it to be your mom.

Rogue Jedi
Or deep down you want it to be your mom. you know, I never really thought about that.... confused

dadudemon
you know, I never really thought about that.... confused

If your mom is awesome and your dad is awesome and both step parents aren't...I can easily see you wanting your parents to get back together... I would.

Mindship
Originally posted by The Grey Fox Originally posted by PITT_HAPPENS Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
confused
confused
confused evil face

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mindship
confused
confused evil face are we making a Pitt samwich?

Creshosk
are we making a Pitt samwich? In British Slang a sandwich is a sexual threesome.

Robtard
RJ... I thought long and hard on "what is true love"; alas, I think I figured it out. It's when "she" lets you put it in her butt.

leonheartmm
true love requires two or three things to pass as true love. sincerity, selflessness/inability to imagine sumthing more horrible than your partner suffer, longevity{as in it isnt just a hormonal or period thing. that you DO try to make it work practically}. and well, in case of a more romantic form, spontaneity{i.e. fealings which are not FORCED}. i think it is totally possible for 2 people to be in true love in the situation u described. but ofcourse even of TRUE love, there are levels, some higher than others. if ur REALLY high up there, then its hard to just end it{ofcourse that might surface only AFTER u give it a second shot}. the point obviously is that reciprocity is NOT a criteria for true unadulterated love. as more often than not. in this world love is one sided.

leonheartmm
and well i suppose there ae others. unbearable fondness. MELTING with the emotions/touch etc of the other. and erm, not fealing a sexual WANT to the other. as in love ur selfless and dont NEED sumthing from thw e other which is more a sign of obsession than true love. lust is virtually not present. sex is but thats different.

dadudemon
Originally posted by leonheartmm
true love requires two or three things to pass as true love. sincerity, selflessness/inability to imagine sumthing more horrible than your partner suffer, longevity{as in it isnt just a hormonal or period thing. that you DO try to make it work practically}. and well, in case of a more romantic form, spontaneity{i.e. fealings which are not FORCED}. i think it is totally possible for 2 people to be in true love in the situation u described. but ofcourse even of TRUE love, there are levels, some higher than others. if ur REALLY high up there, then its hard to just end it{ofcourse that might surface only AFTER u give it a second shot}. the point obviously is that reciprocity is NOT a criteria for true unadulterated love. as more often than not. in this world love is one sided.

DOH!!! doh

improve the quality of your post so it can understood better.

Robtard
DOH!!! doh

improve the quality of your post so it can understood better.

He basically said "I have no ****ing idea what I'm going on and on about". *farts*

leonheartmm
srry. forget to paragraph at times. why so fussy people? psychological studies show that unparagraphed posts only LOOK formidable. once u start reading there isnt too much of a difference.

Rogue Jedi
RJ... I thought long and hard on "what is true love"; alas, I think I figured it out. It's when "she" lets you put it in her butt. damn.....thats some Yoda shit.

dadudemon
Originally posted by leonheartmm
srry. forget to paragraph at times. why so fussy people? psychological studies show that unparagraphed posts only LOOK formidable. once u start reading there isnt too much of a difference.

what? I could care less about paragraphs. But, paragraphs also add to the message being conveyed...duh!!!! you should have learned that in highschool...

I thought you were saying something that was good but I couldn't understood a complete thought because it was so messy.

I was referring to all of the errors.

vinz07
true love????damn word....still exists in this chaotic work????

Röland
RJ... I thought long and hard on "what is true love"; alas, I think I figured it out. It's when "she" lets you put it in her butt.

True love is further confirmed if you donkey punch her and she likes it.

Rogue Jedi

dadudemon
WHILE doing anal?

I guess it is after doing anal but techinically its not because you are still "in". The donkey punch occurs and then you "pull out" really quickly to "clean" yourself.

If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, then yes...that is what I donkey punch is for.

dadudemon=never done anal and never will...gross. (Give or receive.)

Rogue Jedi
I guess it is after doing anal but techinically its not because you are still "in". The donkey punch occurs and then you "pull out" really quickly to "clean" yourself.

If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, then yes...that is what I donkey punch is for.

dadudemon=never done anal and never will...gross. (Give or receive.) actually, I have never done anal either. and I have no interest in doing so.

Röland
WHILE doing anal?

Yeah, you're supposed to donkey punch while still "in."

I tried anal once and it wasn't as great as people make it out to be.

Creshosk

Röland
Originally posted by Creshosk
Well were you giving or receiving?

Giving.

Rogue Jedi
anal...meh

dadudemon

Röland
My best friend says he loves it and that it feels waaaay better than the vaj. I tell him that it's gross and he defends it. to each his own.

Trust me when I say this; It's no way even close to being vaginal sex.

vinz07
actually, I have never done anal either. and I have no interest in doing so.

is that we are talking TRUE LOVE...???your sex urge is very high...

Rogue Jedi

Röland
which is superior?

Anal sex sucks balls. It is horrible. I'd rather stick my cock into a cardboard box with a hole cut out.

no expression

Anyway, vaginal is waaaaaay better.

Rogue Jedi

Robtard

Röland
Very odd to say that... considering (one reason) you enjoy vaginal sex is from the friction the vagina causes against your gland; anal causes friction too, in most cases, more friction. Sounds like your bad experience was caused by 'user error'.

Was my first and only time, so probably was. But in all honesty it just didn't feel right.

vinz07

vinz07
thats what I thought.

you didnt do anal but oral always....

Goddess Kali

The Grey Fox
bullshit.

Bullshit.

TheBullDog
This reminds me of a story about a tennis player and her lover that sells cell phones.

They had a long distance relationship that ended with them just being friends.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Bullshit. care to elaborate?

The Grey Fox
care to elaborate?

I wasn't saying what you said was bs, but I was agreeing with you.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
I wasn't saying what you said was bs, but I was agreeing with you.

That is a weird way of agreeing...you should have quoted the person you were "bullshit"ing to. Or, if you were going to quote RJ, you should have said "agreed" or "quoted for truth" etc.

Rogue Jedi
hes a noob, he will learn.

PITT_HAPPENS
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/caslandr/Pittman_Danielle.jpg

This is true love pitt_blush

Rogue Jedi

This is true love pitt_blush who the Fugg is that?

PITT_HAPPENS
who the Fugg is that? pitt_fist Me and my wife you nard stick out tongue

dadudemon

This is true love pitt_blush

Awesome dude. And just like I did...it looks like you married up...meaning your wife is better looking than you are.

PITT_HAPPENS
Awesome dude. And just like I did...it looks like you married up...meaning your wife is better looking than you are. yes

vinz07
awesome..true love can save you till death....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.