YHVH is spelled "God."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
I don't care if one is not a believer. "God" is the Judeo-Christian deity; "god" (or "goddess"wink is a deity not part of Judeo-Christianity. It is erroneous to capitalize "god" (or "goddess"wink when describing a deity that is not YHVH, and it is erroneous to use the word "god" when describing YHVH.

Now, I'm waiting on the spam telling me that I'm bigoted against false gods.

BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

lil bitchiness
Ok, so its like Allah, just Judeo-Christian.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by FeceMan

How come its not bigotry to insult pagan gods and old mythologies, but when someone insults your God and your mythology, it's suddently "bigotry" ? erm

BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Your tactics have become more and more desparate over time

FeceMan
*Sighs.*

You bloody twit, I was being facetious.

Boris
God damn, this thread sucks.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Boris
God damn, this thread sucks.
You bloody twit

Shakyamunison
I don't care if one is not a believer. "God" is the Judeo-Christian deity; "god" (or "goddess"wink is a deity not part of Judeo-Christianity. It is erroneous to capitalize "god" (or "goddess"wink when describing a deity that is not YHVH, and it is erroneous to use the word "god" when describing YHVH.

BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

I see it quite differently: I spell god when I talk about YHVH, Zeus or any other man made god. However, when I talk about the mystic law I spell it God, for convenience.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I see it quite differently
I don't care if you see blue as yellow--you're still wrong.

Shakyamunison
I don't care if you see blue as yellow--you're still wrong.

How can I be wrong about how I see it?

FeceMan
How can I be wrong about how I see it?
Because the rules of grammar don't give two shits about your point-of-view.

Shakyamunison
Because the rules of grammar don't give two shits about your point-of-view.

What rules of grammar? There is no such thing as a rule about the spelling of god other then in the bible. Why believe the bible?

FeceMan
What rules of grammar? There is no such thing as a rule about the spelling of god other then in the bible. Why believe the bible?
When describing YHVH, "God" is a title, not a state of being like it is with other deities.

xmarksthespot
Or I could just continue referring to it as the Judeo-Christian god as per usual...

Burning thought
i prefer "oh mighty smiter"

Bardock42

BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

I would agree, but I think I will just call he/she/it "god" from now on to spite you.

Shakyamunison
When describing YHVH, "God" is a title, not a state of being like it is with other deities.

But I do it out of disrespect. laughing

Mindship
Does all this also mean God's last name isn't Dammit?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Does all this also mean God's last name isn't Dammit?

Not in my house. laughing jk

Devil King

BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

The best solution to this grammatical quagmire is to accept that neither christian or non-christian use of the word "god" deserves to be capitalized.

Goddess Kali
This thread is fkn retarted like most of my threads

Goddess Kali
oh, and from now on, I won't refer to "yahweh" as god. I will refer to him as Raging Orgasm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
oh, and from now on, I won't refer to "yahweh" as god. I will refer to him as Raging Orgasm

That would be "raging orgasm". laughing

Schecter

BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

what if "god" is the first word in a sentence? not that i give a shit about capitalisation, obviously...but...

Marxman
God is a noun. The fact that the Christians weren't creative enough to comeup with a name for their god doesn't change this.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Devil King
The best solution to this grammatical quagmire is to accept that neither christian or non-christian use of the word "god" deserves to be capitalized.

Well, FeceMan is right that the Christian god's name should be capitalized. Cause...well, it's his name. Of course I assume in most cases you could claim you were just talking about the metaphysical concept of that god who is called God and be grammatically more or less correct.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, FeceMan is right that the Christian god's name should be capitalized. Cause...well, it's his name. Of course I assume in most cases you could claim you were just talking about the metaphysical concept of that god who is called God and be grammatically more or less correct.

Or you could just not give a shit.

Bardock42
Or you could just not give a shit.

Yes, but there is a reason why there is a correct spelling in the first place.

Shakyamunison
Yes, but there is a reason why there is a correct spelling in the first place.

And what would that be?

Bardock42
And what would that be?

To make ones meaning apparent.

Devil King

or significant. God, He, His, etc are all useless grammatical, knee-bending to the christian concept of god. I have no problem with capitalizing his name, but this isn't his name. It's a title we gave a concept we created. Nothing more.

Shakyamunison

And that is what I am doing.

Bardock42
or significant. God, He, His, etc are all useless grammatical, knee-bending to the christian concept of god. I have no problem with capitalizing his name, but this isn't his name. It's a title we gave a concept we created. Nothing more.

Well, that may be true, but it is used as his name now. Like you capitalize Allah or Rama or Zeus, "God" is capitalized when talking about the god it refers to.

And that is what I am doing.

No.

Goddess Kali
Raging Orgasm is my savior

Devil King
Well, that may be true, but it is used as his name now. Like you capitalize Allah or Rama or Zeus, "God" is capitalized when talking about the god it refers to.

No arguments here. As soon as the christian god drops me an email with his name in it, I'll start using capital letters when referring to him in writing.

Bardock42
No arguments here. As soon as the christian god drops me an email with his name in it, I'll start using capital letters when referring to him in writing. Allah never dropped me an email an I accept his name.

Shakyamunison
...No.

I didn't ask you. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
This thread is fkn retarted like most of my threads

what an odd thing to say. blink

xmarksthespot
Odd but true, while misspelt.

Devil King
Allah never dropped me an email and I accept his name.

yeah, because you were told it was his name.

Bicnarok
JHWH is a vowel less word, Jews never used to write the vowels down.

It is the NAME of God, the same name which is aimed at in the lords prayer, "..hallowed be thy name.." Some translate it as Yahweh some Jehovah. Its meaning is probably"he he causes to become"
i יהוה

Bardock42
yeah, because you were told it was his name. As with "God".

Devil King
As with "God".

No.

Bardock42
No. Yes

Devil King
Yes

No.

"God" and "He" and "His" is christian arrogance, nothing more.

Bardock42
No.

"God" and "He" and "His" is christian arrogance, nothing more.

Okay....

Just that it is still common in our languages to refer to him as that. Whether Christians are arrogant or not.

Devil King
Okay....

Just that it is still common in our languages to refer to him as that. Whether Christians are arrogant or not.

Being common doesn't denote how right something is, does it?

But, we've come full circle in our conversation. So, all that's really left for us to do is debate the merrits of western society having a hard-on for god. Oh, that's god with a capital G, not one of those petty eastern "gods" who have never eaten at McDonalds.

Bardock42
Being common doesn't denote how right something is, does it?

But, we've come full circle in our conversation. So, all that's really left for us to do is debate the merrits of western society having a hard-on for god. Oh, that's god with a capital G, not one of those petty eastern "gods" who have never eaten at McDonalds.

You are making it out as if having a capital letter is a sort of medal one can achieve. It's not. The god of Christianity and Judaism is referred to as "God". This doesn't make him better or special, it just clarifies the meaning of ones words.

Shakyamunison
You are making it out as if having a capital letter is a sort of medal one can achieve. It's not. The god of Christianity and Judaism is referred to as "God". This doesn't make him better or special, it just clarifies the meaning of ones words.

So, capitalizing doesn't equal respect?

Bardock42
So, capitalizing doesn't equal respect?

Not necessarily. I hate Bill O'Reilly and don't have any respect for him, still I would capitalize his name.

Shakyamunison
Not necessarily. I hate Bill O'Reilly and don't have any respect for him, still I would capitalize his name.

Then the word "god" should always be capitalized.

Devil King

I see Bill on TV every night. When god gets his own TV show, I'll capitalize the first letter of whatever title you want to give him after that.

The sad part is that there are people on this very forum, this very minute, that think he does have a tv show.

Shakyamunison
I see Bill on TV every night. When god gets his own TV show, I'll capitalize the first letter of whatever title you want to give him after that.

The sad part is that there are people on this very forum, this very minute, that think he does have a tv show.

laughing

Bardock42

No. Why would you think that.

Just cause I'll capitalize "Charlie Brown" doesn't mean I will capitalize "brown".Originally posted by Devil King

But that's what Christians call their god. That's what everybody calls the Christian god.

Shakyamunison
No. Why would you think that.

Just cause I'll capitalize "Charlie Brown" doesn't mean I will capitalize "brown".
But that's what Christians call their god. That's what everybody calls the Christian god.

If I say "the sun god", should it be:?

a: The Sun god.
b: The sun god.
c: The Sun God.
d: The sun God.

Boris
English lessons.

YAY!

C_T... guess!

Devil King

I doubt the Jews or Muslims do.

Bardock42
I doubt the Jews or Muslims do.

Well, we do in English, that's all that counts to me.

If I say "the sun god", should it be:?

a: The Sun god.
b: The sun god.
c: The Sun God.
d: The sun God.

Depends on the circumstances I assume.

Shakyamunison
Well, we do in English, that's all that counts to me.

Depends on the circumstances I assume.

Please explain.

Bardock42
Please explain.

I am not too well versed in English grammar, but I guess if it was a story about an entity referred to as "The Sun God" you would for example capitalize it. While if you just commonly talk about it you'd say "The sun god of the Egyptians took a much stronger role than the sun god of the Greeks, due to...."

Shakyamunison
I am not too well versed in English grammar, but I guess if it was a story about an entity referred to as "The Sun God" you would for example capitalize it. While if you just commonly talk about it you'd say "The sun god of the Egyptians took a much stronger role than the sun god of the Greeks, due to...."

I agree, but that is not what Feceman was saying. He was saying that the sun god would never be capitalized because it is not the name of Yhvh (I think that is spelled wrong). The Christian dominated worlds wants everyone to treat their god special, like it was real or something. Now, I maybe reading something into this, so Feceman can correct me on this, but look at his hostility to my posts and you will see the arrogance of his point of view.

FeceMan
Again, "God" is a title and distinguishes the Judeo-Christian God from other deities. It's best to leave it as-is to keep this distinction.

Furthermore, all other deities actually have names that are common to English. YHVH does not--He has titles. We capitalize the names of other deities; we capitalize the titles of YHVH (LORD, God, El Shaddai, Jehovah, etc.) because His name happens to be unpronounceable.

Bardock42
Again, "God" is a title and distinguishes the Judeo-Christian God from other deities. It's best to leave it as-is to keep this distinction.

Furthermore, all other deities actually have names that are common to English. YHVH does not--He has titles. We capitalize the names of other deities; we capitalize the titles of YHVH (LORD, God, El Shaddai, Jehovah, etc.) because His name happens to be unpronounceable.

Title....name....whatever.

FeceMan
Huge difference.

George Bush's name is not "President."

Bardock42
Huge difference.

It's still not his title. It is an adopted name. Hist artists name, so to speak.

Shakyamunison
Huge difference.

Oh! I get ya. It's kind of like having a dog named King. laughing

Alliance
YHVH
YHWH?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance
YHWH?
Both spellings work.
It's still not his title. It is an adopted name. Hist artists name, so to speak.
George Bush is the president (noun).

The President is speaking (title).

Bardock42
George Bush is the president (noun).

The President is speaking (title).

Way to prove nothing.

The problem with that though is that if you assume that, then every god when referred to by their title "God" would have to be capitalized, I figure you just want your Christian god to be though?

Devil King
His name happens to be unpronounceable.

Silly god, tricks are for Jews!

So, he's like that Mr. Mytzyplix guy from Superman? If someone pronounces his name correctly, will god have a break down like the wicked witch of the west and melt into a puddle of irrelevence while shouting "What a world, what a world, ohhhh!". I just hope this discussion doesn't become one about the secret name of god.

Furthermore, all other deities actually have names that are common to English. YHVH does not--He has titles. We capitalize the names of other deities; we capitalize the titles of YHVH (LORD, God, El Shaddai, Jehovah, etc.) because

Long story short, I don't capitalize his name (or title, or whatever you guys decide are the rules) as a sort of grammatical middle finger to the deeply held religious convictions of others.

Goddess Kali
God's real name is Ywiguaisdhsgavhaiohtagiafafdoandoasukdosttituadass
ttan

Marchello

BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

***FeceMan:

Here's one guy who does not think you are bigoted and agrees with you...you've got it RIGHT! God Bless YOU.

Marchello

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Marchello
***FeceMan:

Here's one guy who does not think you are bigoted and agrees with you...you've got it RIGHT! God Bless YOU.

Marchello

STOP F*CKING TALKING

leonheartmm
actually feceman has a point here. YAHWEH was spelled YHWH by the old jews for a REASON.{karen armstrong as reference here}.

they disliked saying his NAME, as it confined him. the ancient israelites drew their wierd inverted triangle{star of sumthing. forgot. the sign on the flag of israel} also to ABSTRACTLY represent the idea of god or yhwh as his name was too sacred{some believe trancendant of worldy concepts} to simply put into definite words or mindframes. same reason why kabbalists still describe him as a sephiroth. fragmented, which makes a more abstract whole.

Bardock42

Long story short, I don't capitalize his name (or title, or whatever you guys decide are the rules) as a sort of grammatical middle finger to the deeply held religious convictions of others.

I capitalize his adopted name "God" as well as his title "Master Of Assholery"Originally posted by Marchello
***FeceMan:

Marchello I don't think FeceMan is bigoted....now you on the other hand....

leonheartmm
so, the LESSON to be learnt here has nuthin to do with linguistics. its simple. marchello is being an idiot and feceman is cheering him.{dont make him angry, you wont like it when hes angry, he turns green/brown and inflates before blowing up in your face}

Nellinator
Proper grammar FTW.

FeceMan
Yes, I know. And, rather short story and to the point, I made this thread to show that being a grammatically erroneous ******* makes you a grammatically erroneous ******* no matter the social statement you're trying to make.

FeceMan
Way to prove nothing.

The problem with that though is that if you assume that, then every god when referred to by their title "God" would have to be capitalized, I figure you just want your Christian god to be though?
Actually, I should add a little bit to my statement:

The reason that we capitalize the "G" on God is that "God" is not only used as a title but as a name.

Anyway, even without this, other deities do not have the official title of "God." Sure, Ra could be called "the Sun god," but he could also be "the god of the Sun." It's not an official title like God is.

The Sun: that big ball of light that keeps things warm.
A sun: any other big ball of light at the center of a solar system that isn't our own.

leonheartmm
this discussion is pointless

Jbill311

The reason that we capitalize the "G" on God is that "God" is not only used as a title but as a name.

Anyway, even without this, other deities do not have the official title of "God." Sure, Ra could be called "the Sun god," but he could also be "the god of the Sun." It's not an official title like God is.

A sun: any other big ball of light at the center of a solar system that isn't our own.

Ra: HE who carries the sun.
The Sun God: Any god that has a connection with the sun.

put that in your pipe and smoke it

Bardock42

I agree mostly, just that of course if a Religion (any Religion) would start attributing the title "God" to their god, that would have to be capitalized. It is also possible to think of situations where it would be used as a title now.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Jbill311
Ra: HE who carries the sun.
The Sun God: Any god that has a connection with the sun.

put that in your pipe and smoke it
Clean my anus with your tongue.

Idiot.

Devil King
Yes, I know. And, rather short story and to the point, I made this thread to show that being a grammatically erroneous ******* makes you a grammatically erroneous ******* no matter the social statement you're trying to make.

trying? Was there some part that you didn't understand?

Goddess Kali
Clean my anus with your tongue.

Since when is this an insult ? I do shit like this all the time

Shakyamunison

Is he gay?

Goddess Kali
Is he gay?

It's like when someone tells me "go suck a d*ck" as if they are actually offending me.

Or like when a little boy makes fun of another little boy for having a girlfreind. "...sitting in a tree....k-i-s-s-i-n-g"

Shakyamunison
It's like when someone tells me "go suck a d*ck" as if they are actually offending me.

Or like when a little boy makes fun of another little boy for having a girlfreind. "...sitting in a tree....k-i-s-s-i-n-g"

I once heard a comedian talk about the fact that it is almost imposable to insult a gay man without coming on to him. laughing

Goddess Kali
I once heard a comedian talk about the fact that it is almost imposable to insult a gay man without coming on to him. laughing

He speaks Truth.

FeceMan
Which is revolting.

And, no, that's not anti-gay. That's anti-shit-in-the-mouth.

Goddess Kali
Which is revolting.

And, no, that's not anti-gay. That's anti-shit-in-the-mouth.

You obviously don't do it right roll eyes (sarcastic)

There's a technique, and it takes practice. Rimming is a common form of sexual interaction, and is quite fun when done right..like all sex.

FeceMan
I know what "rimming" is, and I think it's really, really gross.

Better than ****ing a corpse or a dog, I suppose.

leonheartmm
lol. in my opinion your MOUTH shudnt be going around people's backsides. gay or straight, technique or not, its hazardous to health, even if done right, still way too much uncertainty.

FeceMan
I would assume that the anus is relatively sanitary when...properly cleaned. However, that doesn't make the thought of sticking my tongue in someone's ass any less appealing.

Goddess Kali
I know what "rimming" is, and I think it's really, really gross.

Better than ****ing a corpse or a dog, I suppose.

I just say to each his own. I love sex. Your a Virgin. Nuff' said. Can we just agree to disagree ?

FeceMan
I just say to each his own. I love sex. Your a Virgin. Nuff' said. Can we just agree to disagree ?
Your statement makes the assumption that, in order to like sex, is to enjoy going ass-to-mouth.

Goddess Kali
Your statement makes the assumption that, in order to like sex, is to enjoy going ass-to-mouth.

Your statement makes the assumption that once one is accustomed to sex that one will stay satisfied with only one form of sex for the rest of his or her own life.

FeceMan
Your statement makes the assumption that once one is accustomed to sex that one will stay satisfied with only one form of sex for the rest of his or her own life.
No, it doesn't. All I said was that I think it's gross.

Your attempt to turn my words around on me has resulted in failure greater than nine-thousand (that is, fail > 9,0000.

Goddess Kali
No, it doesn't. All I said was that I think it's gross.

Your attempt to turn my words around on me has resulted in failure greater than nine-thousand (that is, fail > 9,0000.

You don't get it. And since your a Virgin still, I should have realized why.

So let me explain...

When you start having sex, at first "normal" things like vaginal or anal intercourse, or even oral sex, feel awesome. As long as you are doing it with a person you are somewhat attracted to, the pleasure is intense.

After a while...you have to work harder to get that same pleasure.

Masturbating is becoming old for you, isn't it ? Well, when you have sex, you will feel the difference. Masturbation will seem boring compared to sex.

Now.....after having sex, or performing certain sexual acts at a frequent rate, for a long time, it starts to become....a bit boring.

You crave new types of stimulation to promote excitement and orgasm. Hence practices such as kama sutra, tantric, etc.

Having vaginal, anal, or simple oral sex alone don't do it quite well, after a while, especially if its with the same person....

So..

You start to look to new things to stimulate yourself and your partner....sometimes it could be working out, trying drugs during sex, utilizing sex toys, watching different kinds of porn before sex, whatever...

New things that you would have never considered start to become....interesting to you.

Point is...yes, a long time ago I thought rimming was disgusting, and imagined that I would NEVER do such a thing.

And as of this year, I must have done it atleast 26 times.

When you start actually practicing sex, your sexual interests will change and grow.

FeceMan
You don't get it. And since your a Virgin still, I should have realized why.

So let me explain...

When you start having sex, at first "normal" things like vaginal or anal intercourse, or even oral sex, feel awesome. As long as you are doing it with a person you are somewhat attracted to, the pleasure is intense.

After a while...you have to work harder to get that same pleasure.

Masturbating is becoming old for you, isn't it ? Well, when you have sex, you will feel the difference. Masturbation will seem boring compared to sex.

Now.....after having sex, or performing certain sexual acts at a frequent rate, for a long time, it starts to become....a bit boring.

You crave new types of stimulation to promote excitement and orgasm. Hence practices such as kama sutra, tantric, etc.

Having vaginal, anal, or simple oral sex alone don't do it quite well, after a while, especially if its with the same person....

So..

You start to look to new things to stimulate yourself and your partner....sometimes it could be working out, trying drugs during sex, utilizing sex toys, watching different kinds of porn before sex, whatever...

New things that you would have never considered start to become....interesting to you.

Point is...yes, a long time ago I thought rimming was disgusting, and imagined that I would NEVER do such a thing.

And as of this year, I must have done it atleast 26 times.

When you start actually practicing sex, your sexual interests will change and grow.
*Sighs.*

I understand what you've been attempting to say this entire time. My statement remains: I think it's disgusting. Might I enjoy it some day? Maybe. But, right now, I maintain that tongue + anus = gross.

Devil King
sex,

intercourse,

oral sex,

Masturbating

sex

Masturbation

sex.

sex,

sexual acts

vaginal, anal, or simple oral sex

sex, utilizing sex toys, watching different kinds of porn before sex,

26 times.

sex

sexual interests

Look man, I know you think you invented sex, but STFU!

FeceMan
Statement: droolio.

Goddess Kali
*Sighs.*

I understand what you've been attempting to say this entire time. My statement remains: I think it's disgusting. Might I enjoy it some day? Maybe. But, right now, I maintain that tongue + anus = gross.

All I am saying is that I used to think the exact same thing wink

Goddess Kali
Look man, I know you think you invented sex, but STFU!

laughing

Sex is my Aura. Art comes second. I don't think I have anything else to live for laughing

Shakyamunison
laughing

Sex is my Aura. Art comes second. I don't think I have anything else to live for laughing

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.