I'm so lost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
So I decided a while ago that there is no god, and that I would be an athiest. My parents got mad at me, told me I was gonna go to hell, blah blah.

Anyway, I'm friends witht his guy who is very into the church and god (he went to catholic school) and he tells me that he claims to see demons and angels and stuff like that. Of course, I'm skeptical. I don't see a point in him lying bc in a way he would be proving to himself that his religion is bs. But anyway, I discussed the rapture with him and the end of time, and he told me that nonbelievers will go to hell, whether or not they were good people because "the road to hell is paved with good."

Anyway, I feel like I'm supposed to be "Scared" into believing in a god. I jsut don't get how a god (which I really just can't believe in, no matter how hard I try) would send someone to hell for freethinking, what all people do. Like, wtf?

So ya, I'm not sure about this type of stuff anymore bc on the one hand, I can go with what I believe and continue to be scared by people that I'm going to suffer for all eternity or I can go against my gut and regret it. Blah

FeceMan
I'd explain how it works, but I know it wouldn't matter. So don't believe, 'cause I don't care.

allofyousuckkk
Explain, I posted because others thoughts would matter.

Robtard
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
So I decided a while ago that there is no god, and that I would be an athiest. My parents got mad at me, told me I was gonna go to hell, blah blah.

Anyway, I'm friends witht his guy who is very into the church and god (he went to catholic school) and he tells me that he claims to see demons and angels and stuff like that. Of course, I'm skeptical. I don't see a point in him lying bc in a way he would be proving to himself that his religion is bs. But anyway, I discussed the rapture with him and the end of time, and he told me that nonbelievers will go to hell, whether or not they were good people because "the road to hell is paved with good."

Anyway, I feel like I'm supposed to be "Scared" into believing in a god. I jsut don't get how a god (which I really just can't believe in, no matter how hard I try) would send someone to hell for freethinking, what all people do. Like, wtf?

So ya, I'm not sure about this type of stuff anymore bc on the one hand, I can go with what I believe and continue to be scared by people that I'm going to suffer for all eternity or I can go against my gut and regret it. Blah

Your friend is either a lying idiot, or he has some sort of mental disorder.

The Rapture is when Jesus comes to Earth and gathers all believers (aka "his church"wink and takes them to heaven, which by some accounts (don't ask how people know this) looks like a golden Borg Cube, or a block of extra sharp Ca. Cheddar, depending on the angle. Nonbelievers get left behind/go to hell... do not pass go; do not collect $200.00 dollars.

Best part about it, it doesn't matter what kind of person you are, just if you "accept Jesus" or not, i.e. a child raping murderer will get to sip grape juice up in Heaven with Jesus because he said "I believe in Jesus!" while a person (hypothetical) who's never harmed a person in their life, gave 75% of their income to charities, donated their time to help 3rd world orphans learn to read, baked cookies for the elderly without families etc. etc. etc. but simply was an atheist, agnostic, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, i.e. "non believer" gets to rot in hell and have pineapples shoved up their rectum as punishment. Now, doesn't that sound logical and fair? Especially coming from the creator of everything that was, is and will be.

Oh, you better find Jesus soon, I have it on good word that the Rapture will happen sometime before September 22nd 2007... Don't worry about raping, murdering, stealing or urinating on homeless Thai children for sexual gratification, all is forgiven and your seat is secured with four simple words "I believe in Jesus."

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh, you better find Jesus soon, I have it on good word that the Rapture will happen sometime before September 22nd 2007... Don't worry about raping, murdering, stealing or urinating on homeless Thai children for sexual gratification, all is forgiven and your seat is secured with four simple words "I believe in Jesus."

laughing out loud

inimalist

God does not exist, so no need to worry about Hell or any of that.

If your friend really does see things, it might not be prudent to call it a "disorder" (I think there are a few reasons why it might not fit the classification), he is mistaken. Our brains make mistakes all the time, and what we believe has a major effect on the way it tries to compensate for the mistakes it naturally makes.

Mindship
I'm going to suffer for all eternityNo, you're not. Just while you're on earth ( wink j/k )

Shakyamunison

You don't sound that lost to me. GO WITH YOUR GUT.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by FeceMan
I'd explain how it works, but I know it wouldn't matter. So don't believe, 'cause I don't care.

If you do not care, and you beleive that he may end up in Hell, then you don't truly love. Stop being bitter Feceman.

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You don't sound that lost to me. GO WITH YOUR GUT. Gut is a good guy, he hasn't lead me astray yet. Believe in the Gut, the Gut has saved more people than God smile

Marxman
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
If you do not care, and you beleive that he may end up in Hell, then you don't truly love. Stop being bitter Feceman. Yea man. Isn't every Christian supposed to be like constantly converting everyone.

allofyousuckkk
Thanks everyone, it's good to see that not everyone out there is a religious psycho.

Robtard
Thanks everyone, it's good to see that not everyone out there is a religious psycho.

I take it you don't "accept Jesus and your one and only personal savior"... you're going to hell dude; I hope you like pineapples.

debbiejo
Your "Gut feeling" is like your antenna. Go with it.

People are always talking about the 2nd Coming of Jesus. This isn't new. During the turn of the century 1000AD, people sold everything and waited. People have taken words from the Bible and twisted the original meaning of many of the verses.

Shakyamunison
I take it you don't "accept Jesus and your one and only personal savior"... you're going to hell dude; I hope you like pineapples.

Stop that! roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Robtard
Stop that! roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

You think Atheist have it bad, wait until you see what they do to Buddhist pagan bastards like you! There's a special section in the firey pitts just for you heathen @ssholes.

Shakyamunison
You think Atheist have it bad, wait until you see what they do to Buddhist pagan bastards like you!

eek! laughing Good thing it is not real. stick out tongue

Robtard
eek! laughing Good thing it is not real. stick out tongue

Laugh all you like, funny man; you won't be laughing when the fiends of the pit are sodomizing you with magma coated lances; your Eastern witchery won't save you from that! "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo", probably a pagan incantation to summon the Devil himself, heathen!

Shakyamunison
Laugh all you like funny man, you won't be laughing when the fiends of the pit are sodomizing you with magma coated lances; your Eastern witchery won't save you from that!

laughing It is like being afraid of Darth Vader.

http://themes.belchfire.net/screenshots/DarthVader.jpg

laughing

Goddess Kali
The actor who played the new Darth Vader is mad sexy droolio

Robtard
laughing It is like being afraid of Darth Vader.laughing

Infidel! Lord Vader could crush your 'Four Noble Truths' with a thought! *cues Imperial March*

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
The actor who played the new Darth Vader is mad sexy droolio

You totally missed my point. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Goddess Kali
Jedi actually has as much evidense to support its validity as Christianity and Islam do laughing

Shakyamunison
Infidel! Lord Vader could crush your 'Four Noble Truths' with a thought! *cues Imperial March*

Ok, now this thread is braking down to what Darth Vader can and cannot do. laughing

Boris
All hail Vader!

Now that's a God worth worshiping!

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Boris
All hail Vader!

Now that's a God worth worshiping!

Vader is a pussy

Yahweh has done far more evil than Vader ever had... Yahweh of the Bible single handedly committed global genocide via the Great Flood, burtn an entire city to crisp, and will send more people to be eternally tormented than Vader ever could number.

Darth Vader saved his son from death, while Yahweh sentenced his own son to torture and prolonged murder.

Yahweh would kick Vader's ass in a Villian showdown.

Boris
Yeah, but Vader has a lightsaber!

AND he got to **** Portman, God aint got shit on that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.