Would you teach your kids about sexs or have it taught in school?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
As a child I was never allowed to be in that sort of class.My parents had exclaim that they reather teach me then have a teacher teach me.For whatever reason.
What do you think?Would you reather tell your kids(the talk)or have a teacher tell them?jm

debbiejo
I don't know why more parent just don't teach their kids about sex. Just talk about it matter a factly.

Schecter
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
As a child I was never allowed to be in that sort of class.My parents had exclaim that they reather teach me then have a teacher teach me.For whatever reason.
What do you think?Would you reather tell your kids(the talk)or have a teacher tell them?jm

you never learned, did you?

Bardock42

I'd rather tell my children myself, but I think sex education in schools can provide more insight...so, both I guess.

2D_MASTER
Kids find out about sex soon enough. The gloopy ones get pregnant, "sexual education" will not prevent that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Kids find out about sex soon enough. The gloopy ones get pregnant, "sexual education" will not prevent that. I sure hope it decreases the likelyhood

PiruBlood
well it depends on what is taught. personally if my kids teacher tought her about sex they need to talk more about how to protect themselves. when i was in school; my teacher just took a pencil and a doughnut and put the pencil through the hole and said that is sex and that was it.

inimalist
"sex" is a rather broad topic.

Things like anatomy, function, and the more biological side of it are probably better left to schools. It should be part of a "health" education.

The "moral" or "affective" side should be covered at home. Making children comfortable with their body and their feelings.

The other parts of sex (preference, kinks, ect) should not be covered by either and should be learned from personal experience and experimentation.

Kinsey FTW

Kevy2007
My god you people are as thick as stone, the school which I used to go did "Puberty and growing up" and explained everything in a mature and scientific way. There's no need for this arsemug "indecent" and "wrong".

botankus
I remembered when I learned about love in the back of a Chevrolet.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kevy2007
My god you people are as thick as stone, the school which I used to go did "Puberty and growing up" and explained everything in a mature and scientific way. There's no need for this arsemug "indecent" and "wrong". W-who?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by PiruBlood
well it depends on what is taught. personally if my kids teacher tought her about sex they need to talk more about how to protect themselves. when i was in school; my teacher just took a pencil and a doughnut and put the pencil through the hole and said that is sex and that was it.

I-isn't it?

Marxman
I definitely will be having sex talks with my kids. Multiple ones even. Especially with the boys. Boys hit different levels of maturity at different times from girls and so they need to be prepared for every one of those. From when they first start noticing girls to when girls first start noticing them. Plus I plan on teaching my boys the "tricks of the trade" that I've learned or came up with over the years.

However that doesn't mean that I would be opposed to Sex Ed. I don't see how anyone can be opposed to Sex Ed. In my experience, back in like 4th grade or something, the Sex Ed classes I had were scientifically geared. "You're body will experience changes", "You'll notice hair growing everywhere", "You'll wake up in a puddle but its not pee", etc. The girls and guys were even seperated so I don't see why this is such a big deal to some people.

Fishy
I'd forbid them from seeing it at school and then not teach them at home.

They will find out when they make somebody pregnant or get pregnant themselves. Experience is always the best teacher after all.

2D_MASTER

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
"sex" is a rather broad topic.

Things like anatomy, function, and the more biological side of it are probably better left to schools. It should be part of a "health" education.

The "moral" or "affective" side should be covered at home. Making children comfortable with their body and their feelings.

The other parts of sex (preference, kinks, ect) should not be covered by either and should be learned from personal experience and experimentation.

Kinsey FTW

this dude said it best.

(You beat me to it bastard.)

Devil King

Didn't you already start a thread about this very topic?

Bardock42

JacopeX
What do you think?Would you reather tell your kids(the talk)or have a teacher tell them?jm Both.

Hey, both my parents and school......Tv, Internet, Magazines, books, friends, and my uncle Richard taught me about sex......

Kids will learn it sooner or later even if parents and teachers say nothing of it.

Robtard
Originally posted by JacopeX
Both.

Hey, both my parents and school......Tv, Internet, Magazines, books, friends, and my uncle Richard taught me about sex......

Kids will learn it sooner or later even if parents and teachers say nothing of it.

LOL... someone got fingered up the ass.

Violent2Dope
Both.

Kenshinswife
im gonna home school my kids so i'll teach them what they need to know.

chillmeistergen
Like punctuation?

Kenshinswife
nah, they dont nead nun of dat junk. all dey gonna nead to no is reedin, rightin, and rithmetic...what else is their to no? blink

lets not be a smart ass, okay?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard

laughing out loud Probably.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
nah, they dont nead nun of dat junk. all dey gonna nead to no is reedin, rightin, and rithmetic...what else is their to no? blink

Oh, am I supposed to be beaten now?

dadudemon

He is a self proclaimed smart ass...don't look into his "assholishness" too much.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd rather tell my children myself Ohhhh, I'm sure you'd show them real good. roll eyes (sarcastic)

When I was in school they didn't tell us how the how that pencil got to the donut, only what happened after it got to the donut......Now I have little brothers, and, well....they were little brothers......I left more confused.

Finially we had to ask my friends big sister who told us quite a story which blew our minds.. eek! rolling on floor laughing I didn't know they could grow 2 feet long.....confused

Jump rope and everything.....

JacopeX
LOL... someone got fingered up the ass. ???

Are you fantasising again? You should really take it somewhere else.

Bardock42

Eww...Uncle Richard is a pervert.

Oh wait, you meant he fingered Jacope...gotcha.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Like punctuation? or how to have sex with their cousin.

§P0oONY
Teachers for the biology of it, peers for everything else.

Robtard
???

Are you fantasising again? You should really take it somewhere else.

Again? This is the first time you mentioned your "dirty" uncle Richard that I know of, so...

...and my uncle Richard taught me about sex......

One finger or two?

dadudemon
One finger or two?

hmmmm....interesting.....one of life's "deepest" questions...teehee

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by dadudemon
hmmmm....interesting.....one of life's "deepest" questions...teehee

LOOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!!!!!!!

JacopeX
Again? This is the first time you mentioned your "dirty" uncle Richard that I know of, so...

One finger or two? Do you have thoughts of gay men giving each other blowjobs everyday?

Seriously, keep those fanatsies to yourself.

Kenshinswife
Oh, am I supposed to be beaten now?

yes, now bring me the paddle

JacopeX
yes, now bring me the paddle Give him a good one in the back of the head. stick out tongue

LOL, kidding.

BackFire
I'm going to teach my kids first hand.

Hands on teaching is the way to go.

Teach them how to hold the bat and such, you know. All that good stuff.

chillmeistergen
He is a self proclaimed smart ass...don't look into his "assholishness" too much.

Am I, I don't know where I proclaimed I was smart ass.

2D_MASTER
Am I, I don't know where I proclaimed I was smart ass.

Don't be so modest, you know you're a little terror...........

JacopeX
Tell me, what did he do?

Robtard
Do you have thoughts of gay men giving each other blowjobs everyday?

Seriously, keep those fanatsies to yourself.

No, I don't, do you? I never mentioned "gay blowjobs", nothing of the sort, why did you feel its necessary to always sway the conversation, any conversation that way?

2D_MASTER
Tell me, what did he do?

Ummmmmm, I guess he just is a "smart ass", he is a Brit afterall.... (waits for Chill to work his magic).

dadudemon

JacopeX
No, I don't, do you? I never mentioned "gay blowjobs", nothing of the sort, why did you feel its necessary to always sway the conversation, any conversation that way? In generilazation, I am trying to say that you take everything in a gay manner. Plus, you are the sihtty troll here. Did I start anything here? Or do you want to bring up an excuse on why you can accuse others of homosexuality and being fingered? DIFY.

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Ummmmmm, I guess he just is a "smart ass", he is a Brit afterall.... (waits for Chill to work his magic). Hmmm....A Smart ass and a brit......

Well, there is no evidence of him being one, and just because he is from a different country than you are, makes them no different than you are in general.

2D_MASTER

dadudemon

chillmeistergen

Kenshinswife
I don't fully know what you mean by the term, I'd like to know whether it's tantamount to calling me a cvnt, basically. Because if so, I feel my comments on this board are taken far too seriously.

i dont think he means "smartass" in a bad way. smart ass being : Sarcastic and witty in a crude way. Humor. smile

dadudemon
I don't fully know what you mean by the term, I'd like to know whether it's tantamount to calling me a cvnt, basically. Because if so, I feel my comments on this board are taken far too seriously.

Hell no dude...I told in just a few posts later in that same thread I quoted from that I think you being a smart ass is cool in my book...it doesn't bother me at all.

JacopeX
Oh, well that settles it. happy

Can we get back on topic now?

chillmeistergen

Richard Cranium

If that means dick head, it's quite good.

Robtard
In generilazation, I am trying to say that you take everything in a gay manner. Plus, you are the sihtty troll here. Did I start anything here? Or do you want to bring up an excuse on why you can accuse others of homosexuality and being fingered? DIFY.

Really now, I never said you were homosexual, I was poking fun at what you said, because it flat out sounded funny, i.e. "My uncle Richard taught me about sex". So seriously, why do you turn everything into a "gay issue"?

dadudemon
If that means dick head, it's quite good.

Yes, it does.

From top to bottom...I will translate...

intelligent donkey=smart ass.

richard cranium- dick head

vertically challanged means you are short and fat

there are a lot of others that I can't think of.

JacopeX
Really now, I never said you were homosexual, I was poking fun at what you said, because it flat out sounded funny, i.e. "My uncle Richard taught me about sex". So seriously, why do you turn everything into a "gay issue"? Why did you turn it into a gay issue? You said something about getting fingered. Instantly, it caused many others to get the wrong impression, since you claim to be joking.

dadudemon
Oh, well that settles it. happy

Can we get back on topic now?

As you wish...

why would you leave yourself open like that with the uncle comment you made...you know how perverted these guys are sometimes. It was just plain stupid to say something like that without at least playing it off like you meant it to be funny.

chillmeistergen
Yes, it does.

From top to bottom...I will translate...

intelligent donkey=smart ass.

richard cranium- dick head

vertically challanged means you are short and fat

there are a lot of others that I can't think of.

Yeah, I knew the others. Well hate to say it, but I wouldn't call myself a smart ass, nor I think would my friends, I like to joke so I suppose if that's your vision of a dick head, then yeah I'm a dick head. I'm not short and fat, all you'd really have to do is look on my myspace given on my profile, to prove that.

JacopeX
As you wish...

why would you leave yourself open like that with the uncle comment you made...you know how perverted these guys are sometimes. It was just plain stupid to say something like that without at least playing it off like you meant it to be funny. Actually, he just said a quick fact about sex. Many of my friends, family members, and health teachers talk to me about sex.

I said my uncle richard just to be funny. I guess people turned it into a gay issue which I find childish and pathetic!

Robtard
Why did you turn it into a gay issue? You said something about getting fingered. Instantly, it caused many others to get the wrong impression, since you claim to be joking.

That was the joke dimwit, you being molested, based off what you said; it has absolutely nothing to do with you being a homosexual. So, why do you constantly turn everything into a "gay issue"?

I said my uncle richard just to be funny. I guess people turned it into a gay issue which I find childish and pathetic!

No Bobo... you turned it into a "gay issue", like you always do. So, why do you do that?

dadudemon
Yeah, I knew the others. Well hate to say it, but I wouldn't call myself a smart ass, nor I think would my friends, I like to joke so I suppose if that's your vision of a dick head, then yeah I'm a dick head. I'm not short and fat, all you'd really have to do is look on my myspace given on my profile, to prove that.

No no no no...dude those were examples of being a smart ass...not smart examples of real life descriptions of you...have you been doing proofs in calculus or something because you are reading too much into things.

dadudemon
Actually, he just said a quick fact about sex. Many of my friends, family members, and health teachers talk to me about sex.

What? so now you are claiming that it was a joke? why didn't you say that from the beginning? I am not sure if I believe you.

JacopeX
What? so now you are claiming that it was a joke? why didn't you say that from the beginning? I am not sure if I believe you. Why not? I guess it was a bad joke.

chillmeistergen
No no no no...dude those were examples of being a smart ass...not smart examples of real life descriptions of you...have you been doing proofs in calculus or something because you are reading too much into things.

Sorry, I thought it was more of a character assassination type of thing. I actually did think they were sort of real life jabs at me, sorry.

ADarksideJedi

That is a very strange way of showing kids.JM confused laughing

vinz07
i think yes...i will teach them when they have mature mind...not this time..

Shelbert Lemon
Ive talked to my girls plus I allow them to take the course in school.

vinz07
i will propose sexology subject in school...to teach my kids

imogen
I guess I would have to eventually... I mean that's part of my job as a parent... but I'd have to wait until they're old enough, of course. When they start asking stuff about sex, then that's probably the right time I should say something about it... Sex education shouldn't be limited in school... the HOME provides a safer environment for them to learn, and yes that includes sex. wink

vinz07
Teach your children about sex when they are at the right AGE...curiosity is very dangerous WORD....

RedAlertv2
lol @ "sexs"

Rogue Jedi
my dad never gave me the talk. I had showtime.

vinz07
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
my dad never gave me the talk. I had showtime.

oh ok..you learned it by experienced....you discovered it....experience is the best teacher....

Violent2Dope
When I have a kid I'm gonna teach him every thing he needs to know when he's four. Those of you who think it's better to wait are ridiculous. My Aunt took me to a Donkey Show when I was three and I turned out fine.

2D_MASTER

PiruBlood
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
When I have a kid I'm gonna teach him every thing he needs to know when he's four. Those of you who think it's better to wait are ridiculous. My Aunt took me to a Donkey Show when I was three and I turned out fine.

lol your sexual experiance was with a donkey? isnt that illegal

Violent2Dope
It was a joke man.

Creshosk
lol your sexual experiance was with a donkey? isnt that illegal Only if you get caught...

dadudemon
I just thought about something....

You know how some people in this thread are saying that the best way to learn about sex is experience...well...do you guys recall all of those teachers who had sex with their students and some of them got pregnant?

Who can blame them? They were just teaching sex education?

The best way to teach children about sex is to have sex with them....perfect!!!! When I was a "kid" there were plenty of teachers I would have taken an "education" from....

Bardock42
Originally posted by imogen
I guess I would have to eventually... I mean that's part of my job as a parent... but I'd have to wait until they're old enough, of course. When they start asking stuff about sex, then that's probably the right time I should say something about it... Sex education shouldn't be limited in school... the HOME provides a safer environment for them to learn, and yes that includes sex. wink

I thought children ask about sex usually before parents think it is the right time. And once they do think it is right, children don't ask their parents anymore.

They might masturbate in their parents bed though.

For added pleasure....

vinz07
You can teach your kids about sex only his/her gender first..they might confused it....

Shelbert Lemon
Children are smarter then you think.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
Children are smarter then you think.

Right.

I knew more about sex when I was 8 then my mom knew...my mom came from a different generation where it wasn't lady like to talk about kinky things...

Creshosk
Right.

I knew more about sex when I was 8 then my mom knew...my mom came from a different generation where it wasn't lady like to talk about kinky things... 3 for me. embarrasment I knew all about it at 3.

Violent2Dope
I saw my first vagina in Pre K.

leonheartmm
teach em young. and make sure there is NO awkwardness about the subject. protection is open, the fact that sex is wonderful is open. the fact that ur parents have sex, a loving pleasureable, intimate activity is open. the fact that you use protection for good reason is VERY open. and the fact that guilt doesnt exist in such a nice instinctual process is open.

seriously psychological harm done due to negetive sentiments/lack of sexual contact at appropriate post pubertial age is one of the LEAST discussed psychological problems of today. usually due to taboo, or political correctness, or the non existing ties to the overwhelming problems of pedophelia/incest. when it is a wholly relevant topic having nothing to do with the last 3.

the amount of harm done is underestimated. and id hope to heavens that i dont put my kids through that{if i have kids in the first place}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.