Surfers Gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4082/surferzeballsjg1.gif

Galactus has created a series of battles for Surfer to win in order for him to be worthy enough to become Herald again.

This is no prep. Straight up battles.

Surfer is fully revitalized by Galactus after each fight.

Surfer is fully bloodlusted, no holding back, full out power cosmic assault in every single match.

Gaunlet:

1. Abomination, Carnage, and Omega Red

2. Electro and Holocaust

3. Kang and Dr. Doom

4. Absorbing Man and Blastaar

5. Exodus and Mr. Sinister

6. Ronan and Superskrull

7. Maelstrom

8. Kurse and Loki

9. Fallen One

10. Terrax and Morg (No waters)

nimbus006
I think a fully pissed off Surfer holding nothing back can clear this, but it will be extremely difficult.

quanchi112
silver surfer clears it.

nimbus006
No other thoughts?

I think 6,8,9 and 10 are gonna give him the most trouble.

Especially 9 in my opinion will be extrmely tough.

Acrosurge
1. Abomination, Carnage, and Omega Red - He's beaten Abom before at a fraction of Surfer's current power. Carnage and Red are simply cannon fodder.

2. Electro and Holocaust - Electro goes down quickly. Holocaust might cause a bit of damage, but Surfer ultimately overpowers.

3. Kang and Dr. Doom - No prep? Doom falls first. Kang's technology keeps him alive for a bit longer, until Surfer starts messing with his matter.

4. Absorbing Man and Blastaar - I don't think AM has ever absorbed the Power Cosmic. Blastaar gets out-blasted.

5. Exodus and Mr. Sinister - Surfer flips off Exodus's mutant gene and dissolves Sinister.

6. Ronan and Superskrull - Great fight! Superskrull goes down first before the PC (his shields and durability are simply not enough to protect him). Ronan fares better, but Surfer is everything Ronan is and more.

7. Maelstrom - Don't know the character that well, so I can't comment.

8. Kurse and Loki - This seems like one of the toughest battle in the gauntlet. Surfer could actually go down here, were it not for Kurse's pesky weakness to Iron. With Kurse out of the picture, the current Surfer could overpower Loki the same way Thor does.

9. Fallen One - FO doesn't have any showings besides his battle with Thanos. Even if he isn't more powerful, I think the Surfer could outsmart Fallen One for the win.

10. Terrax and Morg (No waters) - Another tough battle. If Terrax and Morg are at their best, they could defeat Surfer. Then again, Norrin is bloodlusted and they are not, so at his post-annihilation levels, he could pull the win.

llagrok
I think you could've gotten a better team-mate for Holocaust actually. He stalemated Exodus, pretty much beat the exiles and has taken Thor's hammer several times without his armor even cracking smile

I'd say he has potential to clear it, 9 and 10 are tough as hell. I'm not sure if he could take the majority in 10.

quanchi112
it isnt anomaly maelstrom so surfer should beat him.

Priest
Stops at Nine, but one on one Surfer takes Morg, and Terrax down.

golem370
Morg with is power cosmic was still a strong match for Silver Surfer if Terrax had not step in Silver Surfer might have lost.

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok
I think you could've gotten a better team-mate for Holocaust actually.

I could of, but it was the second match and i didnt want to make it too tough .

nimbus006
Originally posted by Acrosurge
1. Abomination, Carnage, and Omega Red - He's beaten Abom before at a fraction of Surfer's current power. Carnage and Red are simply cannon fodder.

2. Electro and Holocaust - Electro goes down quickly. Holocaust might cause a bit of damage, but Surfer ultimately overpowers.

3. Kang and Dr. Doom - No prep? Doom falls first. Kang's technology keeps him alive for a bit longer, until Surfer starts messing with his matter.

4. Absorbing Man and Blastaar - I don't think AM has ever absorbed the Power Cosmic. Blastaar gets out-blasted.

5. Exodus and Mr. Sinister - Surfer flips off Exodus's mutant gene and dissolves Sinister.

6. Ronan and Superskrull - Great fight! Superskrull goes down first before the PC (his shields and durability are simply not enough to protect him). Ronan fares better, but Surfer is everything Ronan is and more.

7. Maelstrom - Don't know the character that well, so I can't comment.

8. Kurse and Loki - This seems like one of the toughest battle in the gauntlet. Surfer could actually go down here, were it not for Kurse's pesky weakness to Iron. With Kurse out of the picture, the current Surfer could overpower Loki the same way Thor does.

9. Fallen One - FO doesn't have any showings besides his battle with Thanos. Even if he isn't more powerful, I think the Surfer could outsmart Fallen One for the win.

10. Terrax and Morg (No waters) - Another tough battle. If Terrax and Morg are at their best, they could defeat Surfer. Then again, Norrin is bloodlusted and they are not, so at his post-annihilation levels, he could pull the win.

Good explanations. I pretty much agree w/ you on every point.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by golem370
Morg with is power cosmic was still a strong match for Silver Surfer if Terrax had not step in Silver Surfer might have lost.

When was this? Last time they tangled, when Morg did not have the wol SS pretty much owned him.

golem370
Well when he fought the 4 Heralds and Galactus took away his Power Cosmic he still was able to stop Silver Surfer but the remaining Herald help Surfer destroy Morg. Since the thread started said no WOL he then should still have his power cosmic.

Roldz
Originally posted by golem370
Well when he fought the 4 Heralds and Galactus took away his Power Cosmic he still was able to stop Silver Surfer but the remaining Herald help Surfer destroy Morg. Since the thread started said no WOL he then should still have his power cosmic.

Morg w/ PC and a fraction of WOL lost to Surfer..

Morg has always had it after being merged with it tell a little after the nullifier incident.

The only reason why Surfer lost his first match w/ him is
understamation and lack of brutality..

In this gauntlet dough Surfer's bloodlusted, if he takes 7 and 8 he should clear it..

golem370
Yeah I don't think he would have lost to Morg that beat the four Heralds. Even Terrax wanted Silver Surfer to go get Galactus because he said that even with Surfer they could not defeat him.

rotiart
Originally posted by nimbus006
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4082/surferzeballsjg1.gif

Galactus has created a series of battles for Surfer to win in order for him to be worthy enough to become Herald again.

This is no prep. Straight up battles.

Surfer is fully revitalized by Galactus after each fight.

Surfer is fully bloodlusted, no holding back, full out power cosmic assault in every single match.

Gaunlet:

Surfer loses the entire gauntlet
In fact he doesnt' show up to fight.
He wouldn't want to be the herald of galactus again unless he had no other choice. Therefore, he would have no reason to fight the gauntlet. the end.

surfer goes to earth to play lazertag! cause lazertag is awesome! :P you have to see how i met your mother to understadn.

Tyrant
Originally posted by rotiart
He wouldn't want to be the herald of galactus again unless he had no other choice. Therefore, he would have no reason to fight the gauntlet. the end.

surfer goes to earth to play lazertag! cause lazertag is awesome! :P you have to see how i met your mother to understadn. Surfer's a herald right now... no expression

And, nice to see you back.

nimbus006
Originally posted by rotiart

surfer goes to earth to play lazertag! cause lazertag is awesome! :P you have to see how i met your mother to understadn.

Riiiiiight cuz he just didnt finish destroying two Galactus level beings in honor of Galactus confused

rotiart
Riiiiiight cuz he just didnt finish destroying two Galactus level beings in honor of Galactus confused

you are talking about annihilation? sorry if i don't remember him saying anything about wanting to go back to being a herald...

nimbus006
Dunno if you read heralds of Galactus, but Surfer risked his life for Galactus and beat Tenebrous and Aegis. To me that sounds like loyalty and honor.

And the thread is hypothetical like all the other threads on this forum... so why argue whether or not it will happen and just go with it?

llagrok
Dunno if you read heralds of Galactus, but Surfer risked his life for Galactus and beat Tenebrous and Aegis. To me that sounds like loyalty and honor.

And the thread is hypothetical like all the other threads on this forum... so why argue whether or not it will happen and just go with it?

He went back to being a herald.

He's still far, far, far from Tenebrous and Aegis' level. It only took them two attack to completely ruin him. The sole reason why he won was the location.

Acrosurge

He's still far, far, far from Tenebrous and Aegis' level. It only took them two attack to completely ruin him. The sole reason why he won was the location. Not to mention the heart, courage, and durability it took to channel the energy of the Crunch and survive for even a small moment. Not even Galactus wanted to touch that stuff.

nimbus006

He's still far, far, far from Tenebrous and Aegis' level. It only took them two attack to completely ruin him. The sole reason why he won was the location.

I know he did. Thats what i said.

I also know he is not on their level, I mentioned they're Galactus level beings in my post. The point is it was an incredibly courageous and loyal act, what he did. Which is why hes the best and most favored Herald.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.