If the Toxic Avenger was to be remade who would be the better director for the job?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason_Krueger
Which directors of gore/horror/comedy films do you think could pull it off????

ragesRemorse
id say raimi

Impediment
I agree with Raimi, but Toxic Avenger, in my opinion, is hardly horror. I laugh my ass off every time I watch it.

Evil Dead
Lloyd Kaufman and ONLY Lloyd Kaufman. I would rather the film never to have existed at all than to see a Hollywood studio have a Hollywood director make a Hollywood version.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Toxi is such a cult classic. Someone like Raimi would do it justice.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, I think raimi has an understanding why movies like toxie work, however, i base this opinion only from his work with evil dead. Kevin Smith might even be a decent pick. Im just thinking of someone who would be able to stay true to the cheese factor while giving it a more universal appeal.

Kazenji
Its funny how they manage to make a childrens animated series from this crap film.

Jason_Krueger
I feel like sucha retard....I totally forgot about Raimi....I knew I was forgetting someone.....well even though Toxic Avenger isnt really a horror movie it should be recognized anyhow

WrathfulDwarf
You can't really remade TA without Lloyd. It's like trying to remake the cheesy and campy Batman TV series of the 60's without Adam West. Leave it be...

Myth
Raimi is hands down the guy that came to my mind first. I don't see how he was left off this poll.

NormaBates
Rob Zombie! what he did with House of the 1000 Corpses was amazing!

Kram3r
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Lloyd Kaufman and ONLY Lloyd Kaufman. I would rather the film never to have existed at all than to see a Hollywood studio have a Hollywood director make a Hollywood version.

Amen, brother, amen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.