Ryu vs Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
(continued after the Ryu vs Kim thread...)

Ryu's autobiography, Reflections in a Dragon's Eye, continues to be a must-read for die-hard fighting fans.

However, in Southtown, Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia are jealous of the attention that Ryu's book was getting, mainly because Ryu's memoirs had knocked their book, The Tao of Kyokugenryu, to dead last in sales.

They both find out that Ryu is going to be in San Francisco visiting Ken Masters, who was in a training accident, ending up with a torn ligament.

They find Ryu at a fighter-exclusive sports rehab clinic, training Ken. They both challenge Ryu to a 2-on-1 King of Fighters match.

Robert fights first, then Ryo. Should Ryu win his first match, then he starts off the second round 100%.

2D_MASTER
ummm how is this different that Ryu versus Ryo or Ryu versus Robert, if he can start at 100% after each match? It's already been argued that Ryu can beat both of them one on one.

Superboy Prime
He manages to beat both.

In fact once he beats Robert he will have an upperhand against Ryu because he will know Ryo's style.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
He manages to beat both.

In fact once he beats Robert he will have an upperhand against Ryu because he will know Ryo's style.

Not exactly. According to SNK canon, Kyokugenryu Karate has five levels of study: Kou-Ou (Tiger), Ryugeki (Dragon), Raiou (Lightning Sparkle), Hienshippu (Flying Gale) and Shoran (Flying Knee), whereas Ansatsuken only has two.

Ryo's style of Kyokugen is the Kou-Ou level, which is the standard style of Kyokugenryu. The movesets are based upon the traditional aspects of Shotokan Karate with some Bushido Tie-Ins.

Robert's style is the Ryugeki level, which incorporates fancy footwork, like Ken's Ansatsuken style. While this form is easier to master than the Kou-Ou form, it is not as versatile of a form as Ryugeki has some known imbalances which exist.

Also, as for the other styles...

Yuri uses the Raiou level of Kyokugen, which is the basic study of the style. It focuses more on defense rather than offense since it also encourages personal instinct to be used. All Kyokugenryu practitioners must pass the Raiou moveset in order to advance to more difficult forms.

Marco Rodriguez (Khusnood Butt) uses the Hienshippu study, which is in some elements, a combination of the first two levels of study.

Takuma (Mr. Karate) is the master of the Shoran level, which is the most advanced of Kyokugenryu. Only the most serious and most disciplined are capable of handling this principle. This principle includes the hardest technique to master, called the Shoran Kyaku and up to date, Takuma is the master of the Shoran style.

Superboy Prime
With my previous statement proven wrong I still think Ryu will beat them both.

SteelEagle
The Kyokugens will put up a tough fight, pushing Ryu to his limits, but still the Ansatsuken practitioner will somehow beat Ryo and Robert.

Sandai Kitetsu
Ansatsuken has Four: Shoryu, Hadou, Tatsumaki, and the Shun-Gouku-Satsu

Sado22
he beats Robert, yes, but he's going down against Ryo. stop the hate people. Robert is about as good as Ryo, if not as good.

its like SF2 Bison taking on Ken and Ryu. he may be stronger than both of them, but if he's fighitng them one and then the other, he's going to go down since he'll be worn out after his fight with Ken while ryu will be fresh and is slightly better than Ken.

The Ansatsuken warriro goes down.

~Sado

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Sado22
he beats Robert, yes, but he's going down against Ryo. stop the hate people. Robert is about as good as Ryo, if not as good.

its like SF2 Bison taking on Ken and Ryu. he may be stronger than both of them, but if he's fighitng them one and then the other, he's going to go down since he'll be worn out after his fight with Ken while ryu will be fresh and is slightly better than Ken.

The Ansatsuken warriro goes down.

~Sado

But he said if RYu beats one, he starts on the other at 100%...

Sado22
oh...Ryu still goes down. Ryo rocks. mad

StyleTime
Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of the 100% thing was.

Ryu could take both.

brainchild81
Ditto. Ryu beats them. Kyokugenryu is a disgrace. They claim to have the strongest stlye but never prove it. Ryo(in his much vaunted Mr. Karate form) gets his ass kicked by lil' girls doing cat cosplay. He ain't nothin' but a punk bit*h

StyleTime
laughing

HonkyTonkMan
The battle between the fighters would be intense, Ryo and Robert would be caught of guard not actually realising just how good Ryu is until it's too late in the battle.

Robert is quicker than Ryu but doesn't pack the same punch. I think Ryu beats Robert by taking a blow and delivering a more devastating blow back leaving Robert dazed and confused for the next week.

Ryo becomes upset over the defeat of his friend to this 'stranger' and comes in fists flying. The two go blow for blow for a while and Ryo becomes upset over the fighters equal if not better skill. Realising fists alone won't take him down, Ryo challenges Ryu to his 'Hao Shokou Ken' versus Ryus 'Shinkuu Hadouken'. The two release their mighty attacks and as the time goes on Ryo eventually breaks under the stress and is almost killed if not for Ryu withdrawing the Hadou leaving Ryo speechless.

NASA
Ryu goes down to Ryo but beats Robert

P-Geyser
Wow alot of people say that Ryu beats both...now is that overration or what?

brainchild81
Not really. You have read the 1st post right?

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
Not really. You have read the 1st post right?

Yeah seams kind of shitty now that I think about it. Should of made it Ryu fights both at the same time.

brainchild81
laughing Why is that? Rolling on someone that's not uberpowerful is a bit*h move.

Sado22
ryo beats ryu.
funny how everyone is saying that ryu will beat robert and will know how to deal with ryo........................did it occur to you people that ryo would be ALSO able to do the same as he watches ryu fight robert.
shamefully biased.

"ichigekihissatsu" and ryu goes flying back to japan.

~Sado, the Kyokugenryu expert mad

brainchild81
1 person (who later took it back) = everyone? That kinda logic would make a robot's head explode. "Bias" is being thrown around too often these days

Fire Ninja
1 person (who later took it back) = everyone? That kinda logic would make a robot's head explode. "Bias" is being thrown around too often these days

Because people do not like to see their characters lose.

Your God
since Ryu can rest, he takes this.

Aint Ryo and Rob SF parodies?

brainchild81
More like knockoffs. Mostly Ryo. SNK figured they could cash in on SF's popularity by copying it. Dan is a parody of them because Capcom thought they were too similar as well. Originally posted by Fire Ninja
Because people do not like to see their characters lose. Ditto.

Your God
More like knockoffs. Mostly Ryo. Dan is a parody of them because Capcom thought they were too similar as well. No wonder why the AOF series wasn't successful. Those guys are the worst knockoffs I've ever seen in a fighting game. they were just too obvious, in my opinion.

Yet the creators wanted you to take them seriously.

brainchild81
Ditto. That's why Ripoff ain't ever been as popular as Kyo, Iori, or even Terry. Ripoff sux

P-Geyser
Ah lets hear it for the AOF and Ryo bashing.

laughing Why is that? Rolling on someone that's not uberpowerful is a bit*h move.

bit*h move?. Not uberpowerful?....so many folks(Not here smile )treat Ryu as if he is the Jesus of fighting.

1 person (who later took it back)

Is that suppose to be about me? I asked you to show me when I claimed you were baised before. I do remember apoligizing, when I thought you were directing something at me.

ryo beats ryu.
funny how everyone is saying that ryu will beat robert and will know how to deal with ryo........................did it occur to you people that ryo would be ALSO able to do the same as he watches ryu fight robert.
shamefully biased.

Amen Brotha.

Fire Ninja
You don't have to be Jesus to beat the likes of Ryo, P-Geyser. And, most people here hate on Ryu very hard because he doesn't hurb his cast around like other heroes.

Your G.O.D
Ryo and Rob don't have any good feats as far as I know. Ryu kinda does.

brainchild81
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Ah lets hear it for the AOF and Ryo bashing.F*ck yeah! They are more popular than he is though right?Originally posted by P-Geyser
Is that suppose to be about me?No. Not even a lil' bit. Read Sado's post & SBPrime's. I'll quote them for you in order.
I asked you to show me when I claimed you were baised before.Will look for it if you still want me too. Might take a while though.Originally posted by P-Geyser
I do remember apoligizing, when I thought you were directing something at me.laughing Seems you make that mistake often.

Here's the recap. 1st was thisOriginally posted by Superboy Prime
He manages to beat both.In fact once he beats Robert he will have an upperhand against Ryu because he will know Ryo's style. Then he said thisOriginally posted by Superboy Prime
With my previous statement proven wrong I still think Ryu will beat them both. Then Sado decided he hadn't said anything foolish in a while so he saidOriginally posted by Sado22
shamefully biased. My response to that foolishness wasOriginally posted by brainchild81
1 person (who later took it back) = everyone? That kinda logic would make a robot's head explode. "Bias" is being thrown around too often these days Get it now mane? Originally posted by Fire Ninja
You don't have to be Jesus to beat the likes of Ryo, P-Geyser. And, most people here hate on Ryu very hard because he doesn't hurb his cast around like other heroes. Ditto

Ron Mexico
Damn, it seems like Ryu is the most hated guy on these boards
Anyways: Ryu defeats Robert, I don't think anyone will argue that. The Ryu/Ryo fight is close but my money's on Ryu.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Classic NES
You don't have to be Jesus to beat the likes of Ryo, P-Geyser. And, most people here hate on Ryu very hard because he doesn't hurb his cast around like other heroes.

Well the person who hates Ryu on here hardcore would most likely be Sado. In all honesty I don't hate Ryu like I do Kyo and Iori. As I stated before this is just here...but I said everywhere else is different.

F*ck yeah! They are more popular than he is though right?

Who said anything about them being more popular?

No. Not even a lil' bit. Read Sado's post & SBPrime's. I'll quote them for you in order.

Ah... you could of just said briefly on what that discussion was.

Will look for it if you still want me too. Might take a while though.

Well if you have the time.

laughing Seems you make that mistake often.

I recall you making those same mistakes mane. When you thought I was being too emotional and hotheaded when I was not. wink

Here's the recap. 1st was thisThen he said thisThen Sado decided he hadn't said anything foolish in a while so he saidMy response to that foolishness was Get it now mane?

As I said mane, you could of just briefly state what it was about.

brainchild81
Well the person who hates Ryu on here hardcore would most likely be Sado. In all honesty I don't hate Ryu like I do Kyo and Iori. As I stated before this is just here...but I said everywhere else is different.Better to focus on what goes on here then. Gears seems to be an all-around capcom hater
Who said anything about them being more popular?I did in the post you responded toOriginally posted by P-Geyser
Well if you have the time. OK. Will do. This will be the 2nd time I've done it, but anything for my blood bro big grin
I recall you making those same mistakes mane. When you thought I was being too emotional and hotheaded when I was not. winkBut those were based on your previous hotheadedness.
As I said mane, you could of just briefly state what it was about. Wanted it to be crystal clear

P-Geyser
Better to focus on what goes on here then. Gears seems to be an all-around capcom hater

Well that would make it TWO as it would seem meaning Gears and Sado not everybody.

I did in the post you responded to.

Sorry dude my head is spinning as of now. No one said Ryo and Rob are more popular than Ryu. They are not and that is a fact.

But those were based on your previous hotheadedness.

Ah though I was not carrying on and such...I know what I write when I am pissed.

Wanted it to be crystal clear

Gotcha

OK. Will do. This will be the 2nd time I've done it, but anything for my blood bro

Thanks though when you do find it, just show me on PM.

Sado22
watch yourself brainy....no need to get your panties in a bundle just cuz i don't see it from your point of view. and tell me how EVERYONE over here is NOT on Ryu's side...which was my point to begin with.

besides...am i the only one who didn't see your response coming roll eyes (sarcastic)

Classic NES
All the so called SF fanboys left, you guys ran them off remember?

Your G.O.D
Sure did...and the "SF fanboys" were some of the best and oldest members.

brainchild81
watch yourself brainy....no need to get your panties in a bundle just cuz i don't see it from your point of view. and tell me how EVERYONE over here is NOT on Ryu's side...which was my point to begin with. laughing Then you should have made that "point" clear & not ran off about the "Ryu will know his style" shit to be honest. "You're all biased 'cuz you think Ryu will win" is still a pretty lame argument Sado. Disagree all you want. I wouldn't come here if everybody agreed all the time. I'd hate it. There'd be no need to debate. Just try to make sense when you do. big grin

brainchild81
Sorry dude my head is spinning as of now. No one said Ryo and Rob are more popular than Ryu. They are not and that is a fact.
I was saying Ripoff Suckassaki isn't even as popular as SNK's other heroes like Kyo, Iori, & even Terry because he's a ripoff

P-Geyser
I was saying Ripoff Suckassaki isn't even as popular as SNK's other heroes like Kyo, Iori, & even Terry because he's a ripoff

I noticed the "even" Terry part laughing out loud

brainchild81
I noticed the "even" Terry part laughing out loud laughing out loud I knew you would. I may hate the guy but I've always said he's perhaps SNK's most original hero.

Sado22
brain you idiot! what are you talking about?!
*after so many debates with you i've developed the memory lapses too*

~The Forgetful Sado-sama
P.S. i'll go get my walking stick sad

Sado-sama
That's what happens when you debate with brainy. You lose brain cells. laughing out loud

brainchild81
laughing out loud By the look of things, ya'll been debating w/me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much then

brainchild81
Thanks though when you do find it, just show me on PM. Done

Sado22
yeah right...brain actually getting off his bigass and doing something.
good one, PG laughing out loud

brainchild81
Shut yo' @ss up foo! You guys have a good Thanxgiving

Sado22
does that include me too? sad

brainchild81
Yep. If it didn't I'd have said, "Everybody but Sado have a nice Thanxgiving. Sado, I hope your turkey comes back to life and cooks you!!!!!!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.