Favorite scene from DH? (SPOILERS!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionlover2053
So now that some of us have finished the epic journey, I thought it'd be cool to see what some of people's favorite scenes were. I liked a lot of them, but I'll just give one:

In the Kings Cross chapter, I LOVED the part when Dumbledore first spoke and said: "Harry,"..."You wonderful boy. You brave, brave man." This is the first time that I remember Dumbledore or anyone in the story fully recognizing Harry as a man. As any guy knows, the first time your father (or father figure) refers to you as a man is a great feeling. I felt Harry had it coming a long time and it meant extra from Dumbledore, the way he said it gently and soooo proudly, because he truly saw Harry as a man.

Just my two cents tho lol...

§P0oONY
Hermione kissing Ron when he defends the house elves.... It made me giggle like a school girl.

chillmeistergen
I liked the bit where Ron came back, pulling Harry out of the pool with the words ''Are you mental''.

danielle marie.
I love the scene where Hermione kissed Ron, but my favorite scene would have to be the one where Bellatrix goes to kill Ginny, misses, and the Mrs. Weasley's reaction. I loved it.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by danielle marie.
I love the scene where Hermione kissed Ron, but my favorite scene would have to be the one where Bellatrix goes to kill Ginny, misses, and the Mrs. Weasley's reaction. I loved it. Yeah, that really made me smile.

lionlover2053
Honorable mention is of course:

Mrs. Weasley screaming, "NOT MY DAUGHTER, B*TCH!" at Bellatrix before battle.

I liked it once Harry was shown Neville and the DA's hiding spot, and learned about their rebellion.

The scene in the forest with them listening to that radio show was great too.

And obviously the entire Battle of Hogwarts chapter was astounding.

chillmeistergen
Another great one, is where Kreacher leads the house elves into battle against the death eaters.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Another great one, is where Kreacher leads the house elves into battle against the death eaters. Haha, yeah... Ugly little bastard.

danielle marie.
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Another great one, is where Kreacher leads the house elves into battle against the death eaters.

YES. That was amazing.

And personally, I love the scene where Ron comes back and is telling them about how he heard Hermione's voice say his name in the Deluminator. That was priceless.

TheVapor
i choose to have a favorite chapter overall, then a scene and that chapter is: The Princes Tale

Snape has become something of a favorite charachter as he is a mirror of me. I loved this chapter because it's something of a redemption for him. There was the proof that he was truly good all along and acting on Dumbledore's orders, and as instructed gave Harry his crucial infomation. But even more so i loved the developing story of him and Lily, because the way it played out was in some ways an echo of my past, and present.

but as for a favorite scene, i feel i must choose the escape from Gringots.

Quincy
The Prince's Tale was definitely my favorite chapter. I always knew Snape was a good guy at heart!

But my favorite part was definitely when Harry accepted the fact he had to die, and just walked into his fate. I just imagined this wicked powerful scene with him heading into the forest, with the ghosts of his loved ones by his side.

Strangelove
The Battle of Hogwarts was by far the most exciting chapter

Lana
- Ron and Hermione FINALLY kissing...only took them seven years...
- Percy redeeming himself
- Lupin showing off the picture of Teddy to try and distract everyone when Percy turns up (giggled so much at that)
- Molly going nuts on Bellatrix
- Kreacher leading the house-elves
- Harry and Voldemort's final confrontation

Just a few stick out tongue

The Phantom
Originally posted by Lana
- Lupin showing off the picture of Teddy to try and distract everyone when Percy turns up (giggled so much at that)

Just a few stick out tongue Lana pinpointed all the good ones.

Just wanna add the whole thing with McGonagal with her hair down and all crazy with the desks yelling "Charge!"

Lana
Originally posted by The Phantom
Lana pinpointed all the good ones.

Just wanna add the whole thing with McGonagal with her hair down and all crazy with the desks yelling "Charge!"

Oh god yes.

I really, really feel the need to draw that.

That and Trelawney bombing people with crystal balls. How priceless is that?

The Phantom
Oh god yes.

I really, really feel the need to draw that.

That and Trelawney bombing people with crystal balls. How priceless is that? And to think she was only useful for the prophecy.

~LunaLoveG~
The Locket scene was great and the scene when ron and hermione kissed full freakin tongue...WOO!

Strangelove
- Harry and Voldemort's final confrontation Yup, loved all those, especially Molly's superbitch killing of Bellatrix. It was hilarious and heart-poundingly exciting at the same time

Faeries_Ascendn
well i said to myself before i read it, as long as ron & hermione kiss at some point in DH then it will be a good book, whatever else happens xDD i got my wish lol also teh whole Snape/Lily thing was sooooooooooo awesome, i love snape so much now~!

Hybris
- Percy going after Rookwood (hope he got the sob)
- Harry telling Albus Severus that he was named after two headmasters of Hogwarts and that one of them was a Slytherin and probably the bravest man he ever knew.
- The fact that Neville's grandmother was proud of him and that she put some guy that came after her in St. Mungo's.
- Harry walking past Ginny when he went to meet his death in the forbidden forest
- All the ones who were fighting the Death Eaters at Hogwarts couldn't believe Harry was dead when Hagrid carried him back to the castle with Voldemort.

willRules
I liked the King's Cross scene where Harry asks Dumbledore is it's all in his head and Dumbledore says yes but that doesn't make it any less of a reality or something like that.

I thought the battle for Hogwarts was good. On of my favourite scenes was when Harry looks through the Penseive at Snape's life. The chapter felt a little disjointed from the surrounding chapters but it was nonetheless satisfying to finally see Snape's true loyalties yes

Council#13
I really liked the part when members of the Order came to rescue Harry. Hermoine said to Harry, "Oooo, you look much tastier than Goyle!" and Fleur said to Bill after drinking the Pollyjuice Potion, "Don't look at me, Bill, I'm 'ideous!" and so forth.

Quinlan-Vos
The whole good guys' comeback in the Battle of Hogwarts- Neville killing Nagini, Kreacher and the house elves, Mrs Weasley's ownage...
"Not my daughter, you *****!"

jasonowens4200
Originally posted by Quincy
The Prince's Tale was definitely my favorite chapter. I always knew Snape was a good guy at heart!

But my favorite part was definitely when Harry accepted the fact he had to die, and just walked into his fate. I just imagined this wicked powerful scene with him heading into the forest, with the ghosts of his loved ones by his side.

yes that was one of my favorite scenes really really powerful when he finds out he has to die for voldemort to die and all of them were protecting him just to die in the end and how snape cared about lily's son going to die and how everyone kept calling snape a COWARD when he was one of the bravest characters in the book when he was putting his neck on the line to act as voldemorts right hand man the book was a masterpiece
oh and how how keacher finally respected harry and vica verca it was so cute

Rave X
Everyone has named one or more of my favs, only no one mentioned the scene where Harry saved Draco! I loved it!

Soljer
Originally posted by Rave X
Everyone has named one or more of my favs, only no one mentioned the scene where Harry saved Draco! I loved it!

Twice, no?

Rave X
Originally posted by Soljer
Twice, no?

Yes, twice. The first time on a broom and the second time he spelled some Death Eater away when poor Draco was on his knees, pleading "I'm on your side, please!"

Solo
Definitely when Harry realized he was such an ******* to Snape while all he was trying to do was protect him for seven years. Who could've seen that coming?

Syren

Just a few stick out tongue

Originally posted by Hybris
- Percy going after Rookwood (hope he got the sob)
- Harry telling Albus Severus that he was named after two headmasters of Hogwarts and that one of them was a Slytherin and probably the bravest man he ever knew.
- The fact that Neville's grandmother was proud of him and that she put some guy that came after her in St. Mungo's.
- Harry walking past Ginny when he went to meet his death in the forbidden forest
- All the ones who were fighting the Death Eaters at Hogwarts couldn't believe Harry was dead when Hagrid carried him back to the castle with Voldemort.

You nailed them - this book was perfection for me cry

Charlie8
Well theres a lot I loved...I really liked Harry walking into the forest to his death, it was written absolutely brilliantly and it really made you feel what harry was feeling. Also finding out Snape really was the best damn guy in the world!! Cause at first I thought he may have been innocent but over this book that theory deteriorated...he looked so evil. I felt nothing when he died but when i saw them memories I felt like such a fool.

imogen
there's so much scenes i love, it's hard keeping track! i know. i'm gonna read the book again. wink

Infinity
The Prince's Tale and King's Cross

celestialdemon
Am I the only one that laughed after Fred and George took the Polyjuice Potion, looked at each other and said "We're identical!"?

I also liked the chapter after the 7 Potters "can't remember the name". There was so much tension wondering who was going to make it back alive and who wasn't. I loved it!

Blue_Hefner
I still haven't read it yet,m but I imagine the part where Snape dies will make me ecstatic

Unicor777
No. 1: Location-Ravenclaw Common Room. When the Death Eater insulted Minerva, harry came out of the cloak and attacked him

No.2: When all the gryffindors take their wands out o defend Harry

N0. 3 Minerva telling Horace: We duel to Kill

No.4 The Codric Hallow the message left for Harry by the supporters
N0.5 The members of the order telling harry the special place he occupies in the hearts of the anti Voldermort movement

Thats it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.