Religion can save YOU??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vinz07
This is to test YOU...kindly post your ideas here...thanks

Boris
Save you from..... what?

vinz07
Originally posted by Boris
Save you from..... what?

from HELL...

Boris
But Hell doesn't exist, ergo you cannot be saved from it.

debbiejo
Yeah, there is not such a place. It was created by the church, even Jesus didn't teach it an actual place of torment.

Shakyamunison
Hell is death according to Jesus. The truth is Hell is a state of mind. You can leave Hell any time you wish.

Goddess Kali
No, it takes hard work to leave Hell, it's not just a simple decision

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
No, it takes hard work to leave Hell, it's not just a simple decision

It is a hard thing for most people because they create obstacles to their own happiness. However, when all is said and done, it is just a decision no more difficult then any other decision. Attachments make life complicated.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is a hard thing for most people because they create obstacles to their own happiness. However, when all is said and done, it is just a decision no more difficult then any other decision. Attachments make life complicated.

Or you need attachments to motivate you.

darkfan76
The word "Religion", comes from latin religare, "linking, joining again", linking with the Divinity.

Religion can provide the means of salvation, as long as you live with an open and loving heart for God and your fellow human beings. Not as a magical list of practices and steps to be followed blindly, sistematically without knowing their meaning, but as the fruit of Love.

Salvation itself is a gift from God to mankind, that of course needs our acceptance.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by darkfan76
The word "Religion", comes from latin religare, "linking, joining again", linking with the Divinity.

Religion can provide the means of salvation, as long as you live with an open and loving heart for God and your fellow human beings. Not as a magical list of practices and steps to be followed blindly, sistematically without knowing their meaning, but as the fruit of Love.

Salvation itself is a gift from God to mankind, that of course needs our acceptance.

The Word "Religion" is not exclusive to the Christian religion. There are a lot more religions out there that do not have divinity or salvation as part of their beliefs.

BlaxicanHydra
Hell does indeed exist, but people don't go there. Only certain people do, such as Judas. All other Humans don't go to Heaven, though.

Marxman
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Hell does indeed exist, but people don't go there. Only certain people do, such as Judas. All other Humans don't go to Heaven, though. Huh?

Jbill311
are you talking about purgatory?

Boris
Hell does indeed exist, but people don't go there. Only certain people do, such as Judas. All other Humans don't go to Heaven, though.

Whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttt?!?!?

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Marxman
Huh?

Eh?

Neg. Jehovah's Witness's believe in a Hell and a Heaven, but ordinary people like you and I don't go to either when we die. Rather, we stay dead in the ground until Armageddon comes around. Then we get resurrected and basically live on a perfect healed Earth.

Que Pasa Loco!!!

debbiejo
lol

Whos else goes to hell? confused

And how do you know Judus is there?

BlaxicanHydra
I think the Bible says it or something. Though I know the Watchtower talked about it in a an issue awhile ago.

I also know Cain went there, but I can't remember the others.

Only people from the biblical times I think. Everyone after the death of Jesus Christ doesn't go to hell though, despite there sins.

vinz07
i think religion cannot save us human..it is only a relationship to God..our faith can truly save us....

Jbill311
What about earth needs to be healed (from a religious standpoint... do NOT give me global warming!)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Jbill311
What about earth needs to be healed (from a religious standpoint... do NOT give me global warming!)

Oh! burn the Earth. When god returns with his big Borg ship/city, he will rebuild it. eek! *sarcasm* wink

The Grey Fox

Why would Judas go to Hell? It was to Jesus' knowledge that he would betray him, so afterall if Jesus hadn't have died on the cross he wouldn't have died for our sins, so Judas did us a favour.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Why would Judas go to Hell? It was to Jesus' knowledge that he would betray him, so afterall if Jesus hadn't have died on the cross he wouldn't have died for our sins, so Judas did us a favour.

According to the Gospel of Judas, Jesus told Judas to betray him. Therefore, Judas was doing the work of god. wink

The Grey Fox
Exactly, it was God's will.

Shakyamunison
Exactly, it was God's will.

Well, Satan is doing god's will also.

Mindship
Attachments make life complicated. They certainly make some emails complicated.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
They certainly make some emails complicated.

Are you having a viral problem? stick out tongue

darkfan76

No one can assure if someone is in hell or not.

darkfan76

Judas betrayed Jesus because he chose to do it. God in his infinite mercy and love for mankind, took the best out of it for the salvation of mankind. That doesn't mean that Judas's betrayal was "good".

And of course we are not in the position of assuring if Judas or anybody else is in hell, even if itseems to be implied in the scriptures.

darkfan76
According to the Gospel of Judas, Jesus told Judas to betray him. Therefore, Judas was doing the work of god. wink

Gospel of Judas is not a Christian Gospel. It is Gnostic, group that wrote their own Gospels adapting the "novelty" of Christianity to their own beliefs "Good comes from the Spirit", "Evil comes from the flesh", etc. and they used to title their documents with the name of an Apostle.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by darkfan76
Gospel of Judas is not a Christian Gospel. It is Gnostic, group that wrote their own Gospels adapting the "novelty" of Christianity to their own beliefs "Good comes from the Spirit", "Evil comes from the flesh", etc. and they used to title their documents with the name of an Apostle.

I know that, but from my point of view, they are also Christian. The bible was put together by man, and it was man who decided to leave out the Gnostic Gospels. After all, the Gospels of the bible were not written by the people whose names are on them.

darkfan76
I know that, but from my point of view, they are also Christian. The bible was put together by man, and it was man who decided to leave out the Gnostic Gospels. After all, the Gospels of the bible were not written by the people whose names are on them.

You see, the history of early Christianity is a fascinating topic. Regretfully this is not even taken in consideration by many Christians, who took the Bible today and they think they are "inspired" to intreprete it.

Certainly Bible was put together by men. Most interesting is to know how this selection was carried out (the real one, not the fantastic histories like Da Vinci' code). How the New Testament was written? When? Who? How the Scriptures were collected among the early local churches in Asia and Europe? How did the early Christianity grow when there was not a Bible put together?

Many Christian Groups today consider the Bible as "written by God", or "Inspired by God", but when you ask them why, they just say "because Bible says so", so under that criteria, I can write myself a book, and state in it that it is written by God and the book would back up itself as a "Holly Scripture". Interesting thing is that Jesus in the gospels, never ordered his apostles to write anything.

mr.smiley
I think religion can save you.However,at the same time it can deystroy you just as easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.