Comic collecting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
Hi, I am about to start collecting Marvel and DC comics a bit more serious now than I have before.
Starting on Sunday when the new comics arrive to the only comic book store in this city (Goteborg, second largest city in Sweden)

Though I am a little pissed of by the prices, we have these Swedish translated comics, which usually is a half year after due, and we have these new comics, non translated, which is pretty OK, with the exception of the price, that is $10 and it kinda pisses you off when you see that the original US cover price is $3 ...

Anyways, I've been picking up issues at random, bought the comics when I've felt for it etc. and read the rest of my comics online, mainly this one http://groups.msn.com/UltimateSpidermanOnlineComic

Anyways, I was wondering how much you spend at comics a week and how much you've spent in total (approximately) on all your comics.

Also if there is any good old series that I should pick up on ebay.

Thanks - Mike.

Jack Harkness
10???

Juntai
Your money is different altogether. Don't think everything is just cheaper here.
What money do you use?
I just did a translation of 3 dollars into Swedish Kronor, and comics by that system should be costing over 20. So if that's you're system, you're actually getting them half off, compared to us.

Kazenji
we have to pay $6 here in australia unless of couse i get them from a comic shop then its $12

DigiMark007
I spend maybe an average of $10 a week...sometimes as much as $25, sometimes only 1-2 comics. It all depends on how much came out that weeks that I'm interested in. I follow ASM and Authority entirely, then randomly pick up bigger events and series if I'm interested enough.

Astner
Originally posted by Juntai
Your money is different altogether. Don't think everything is just cheaper here.
What money do you use?
I just did a translation of 3 dollars into Swedish Kronor, and comics by that system should be costing over 20. So if that's you're system, you're actually getting them half off, compared to us.
They cost 70-79kr/issue that slightly above $10

And no, it's just the comics that are more expensive.

Merlyn
Unless it's a particular issue/series that I really want, and can't wait to get... I usually stick with TPB's...

More bank for your buck, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.