Archangel vs Spider Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
This is archangel when he was cool and had metal wings, blue skin, poison darts, and could move at the speed of sound....he is bloodlusted for this fight vs. ol' pete parker

Tyrant
Pfft... Vulture took down Spidey, Archy decimates him.

shifty

norrinradd43
im not saying what i think but people love spider man so I would like to see lol

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Tyrant
Pfft... Vulture took down Spidey, Archy decimates him.

shifty Hrm. Vulture's anti-grav suit gave him a measure of super strength and aerial agility. Angel could probably match the Vulture's agility, but I doubt he can match his strength. Could Archangel? I dunno, besides the extra gadgets, was he physically stronger than before?

guy222
Originally posted by norrinradd43
This is archangel when he was cool and had metal wings, blue skin, poison darts, and could move at the speed of sound....he is bloodlusted for this fight vs. ol' pete parker

warren ftw

quanchi112
archy wins this all day.

Astner
Depdends on the surrounding enviorment, for instance Archangel have almost no chance in winning in a cave.

Also the writer have a huge influence.

norrinradd43
archangel almost killed wolverine at close range during x-tinction agenda when they were both powerless, those wings can be pretty deadly close up.

guy222
bumprav

occultdestroyer
Worthington FTW

Space M ummy
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Worthington FTW

I'd probably give this one to worthington, but not 10/10.

he SHOULD have had the speed to match spiderman pretty closely in that situation, and those wings were not only razor sharp and pretty damn big, he could fire darts from them coated in some kind of paralyzing neurotoxin.

a bit much for spidey to keep up with, IMHO.

Endrict Nuul
Warren

jinzin
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Hrm. Vulture's anti-grav suit gave him a measure of super strength and aerial agility. Angel could probably match the Vulture's agility, but I doubt he can match his strength. Could Archangel? I dunno, besides the extra gadgets, was he physically stronger than before? Archangel's superhuman across the board with a healing factor. no expression

Archangel ftw.

psycho gundam
wow, warren for the win.

back then he was one crazy mofo, and imo one of the best b.a. makeovers for a "lame character" i've ever seen. (which is why he changed, he knew his power was lame).

anyway, the wings can act on their own accord, and they are so sharp and long that archangel can kill people without even realizing it. (like he did to kamikaze)

spider-man can't go close range at all for this. warren 7-8/10, 3-4 of those wins are won by fatality.

CaptainStoic
I have to disagree with the majority, if Spidey unloaded two full cartridges of webbing on Arch Angel this would stop evne those wings if but for half a minute, in which time Spidey would have punched him the hell out.

jinzin
Leave it to Stoic to take a perfectly reasonable thread and turn it into Spiderman wank-fest. no expression

IF Spiderman unloaded two full cartridges of webbing at Archangel he'd succeed in doing nothing more than.... losing.. "two full cartridges of webbing" and thus robbing himself of ANY ranged capability he would have previosuly had to begin with.

Spiderman's webbing is crap when it comes to bladed edges. Why do you think Vulture tears through the stuff so easily?
Taskmaster's sword, BP and Wolverine's claws, Red Sonja's blade, Venom's claws, Sabretooth's, Lizards.... These are off the top of my head.
And Warren's wings aren't composed of just one or two blades or a handful like most of the previously mentioned characters.. Instead his wings are made up of hundreds. He can literally cacoon himself in his own wings and just shred the webbing completely at will.
Then Spiderman's gonna do what? Run? He'll have to seeing has he'll need time to refill his cartridges..

Oh except for the small problem of Archangel being able to exceed 200 mph in flight. Even without his wings he's a capible hand to hand fighter with superhuman strength, not on Spiderman's level but enough to make use of it as an advantage compounded with his fighting skill...
Hell, his wings alone are fast enough in combat that he just recently held off Wolverine, X-23, and Warpath by himself while in a state of utter confusion.

Yeah Spiderman has a chance here....

A snowballs chance. no expression

-K-M-
Just to note they actually fought in Web of Spider-Man #105, I don't remember how it ended though.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by jinzin
Leave it to Stoic to take a perfectly reasonable thread and turn it into Spiderman wank-fest. no expression

I hardly think a couple lines constitutes a "wankfest." The reaction was a bit much, imo. But I realize that maybe you were upset at someone, ya know, disagreeing with you.

srug

Though I did like the Quick Freeze reference at the end (?). It was a nice touch.

Never read anything with Arch, so I can't comment on this fight.

jinzin
Originally posted by -K-M-
Just to note they actually fought in Web of Spider-Man #105, I don't remember how it ended though. confused

Spiderman was hallucinating because of that Godess Chick... that wasn't a real fight.

-K-M-
confused

Spiderman was hallucinating because of that Godess Chick... that wasn't a real fight.

He wasn't hallucinating Archangel, he was real but S-M just thought he was fighting someone else (think it was the Vulture).

jinzin
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I hardly think a couple lines constitutes a "wankfest." The reaction was a bit much, imo. But I realize that maybe you were upset at someone, ya know, disagreeing with you.

It really isn't that someone's disagreeing with me. I could care less if someone has a difference of opinion with me, but if their reasoning behind why is complete nonsense am I not entitled as a debator of this forum to call them out on it?

To say that Spiderman is going to unload two full cartridges of webbing on Archy is out of character for Spiderman to a massive degree.

To insinuate that Spiderman is going to just up and punch Archangel out when Archy has stood up to Caliban punches after fighting Sabretooth, and has the hand to hand skill to go rounds with Psylocke is just ignoring Warren's abilities and attributes completely.

To ignore the capabilities of the wings as a whole while dictating the effectiveness of the webbing and ALSO ignoring the limits of said webbing is just either willful ignorance or outright lying. erm

It may have been two lines but he did all that in one post. So I call wankfest. punk

jinzin
Originally posted by -K-M-
He wasn't hallucinating Archangel, he was real but S-M just thought he was fighting someone else (think it was the Vulture). I'll have to go back to that issue and look but I'm pretty positive that Spiderman was either hillucinating the fight completely or that if those heroes were actually involved they were under Godess' spell from the previous issue..

Nestical
It really isn't that someone's disagreeing with me. I could care less if someone has a difference of opinion with me, but if their reasoning behind why is complete nonsense am I not entitled as a debator of this forum to call them out on it?

To say that Spiderman is going to unload two full cartridges of webbing on Archy is out of character for Spiderman to a massive degree.

To insinuate that Spiderman is going to just up and punch Archangel out when Archy has stood up to Caliban punches after fighting Sabretooth, and has the hand to hand skill to go rounds with Psylocke is just ignoring Warren's abilities and attributes completely.

To ignore the capabilities of the wings as a whole while dictating the effectiveness of the webbing and ALSO ignoring the limits of said webbing is just either willful ignorance or outright lying. erm

It may have been two lines but he did all that in one post. So I call wankfest. punk

i call ya an L7 for getting so uppity about this.even if its not a logical thing to do for SM(& its not lol),calling it a wank fest when it clearly wasnt is stupid.but back to the topic,warren takes this

jinzin
Originally posted by Nestical
i call ya an L7 for getting so uppity about this.even if its not a logical thing to do for SM(& its not lol),calling it a wank fest when it clearly wasnt is stupid.but back to the topic,warren takes this

You guys are getting more uppity than I did making a deal of it. It was one throwaway statement. The argument was the important part.

Nestical
i wasnt uppity at all,just stating fact.also im taking it that this is regular spidey & not another version?if so it makes a difference

jinzin
That's not a fact, that's a speculated observation

Nestical
you're still going?lol.looks like you wanna derail the thread huh?you call a few lines,even if they are unfounded,a wankfest?yeah that makes sense.lets agree to disagree.now everyones happy.my vote is still for warren but spidey does always find a way to come out on top,most of the time anyways

DigiMark007

I'm not questioning your assessment of the web thing. Like I said, I've never read stuff with Arch in it. So all of that is really a moot point as it concerns my statement.

A "well heck, there goes the thread" after one statement was uncalled for. Spider-Man's webs often play a part in fights, so even if his suggestion was embellished (we do have to assume peak, so I'm not sure that it was) it wasn't completely irrelevant.

I also realize it was a throwaway statement, as you put it, so I don't mean to be harsh about it. I just wanted to recognize it for what it was: an overreaction.

jinzin
Yeah I suppose it looks that way, but I really didn't have has much invested into that statement as I think you're inpterpretating. Fair enough though.

-K-M-
I'll have to go back to that issue and look but I'm pretty positive that Spiderman was either hillucinating the fight completely or that if those heroes were actually involved they were under Godess' spell from the previous issue..

Naaaaa...He was fighting various real heroes as the Goddess sent them to capture Spider-Man, but Moondragon was messing with Spider-Man's mind. So when Spider-Man was fighting Multiple Man he saw multiple copies of Carnage instead of Madrox, etc, etc.

Metalmanx
So...where does this take place? New York City?

In this fight, location is extremely important.

King Castle
Warren for the win 8/10

Razor sharp wings, areal advantage, paralytic self regenerating flidgets that also discharge small neural energy disruption... Warren being superhuman across the board, healing factor with superhuman eyesight, techno organic metal claws...

spidey is going to be on the defensive the whole time with web shields and agility... i just dont see it keeping him save for long with flidgets all over the place and ground eventually he is going to get hurt by the ones just laying around not including the ones that are also being thrown at him

Dum Dum Dugan
I think your underestimating Spiderman here and he takes it the majority.

snoopdogg
His flight ability is going to be key here.

King Castle
like shooting a spider in a barrel with an uzi..

jinzin
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I think your underestimating Spiderman here and he takes it the majority.

Nah he gets shredded.

Dum Dum Dugan
Nah he gets shredded.
I disagree, it depends on the terrain. In any city setting I give Spiderman the large majority.

also dont think spiderman utilizing a web caccoon would be smart or effective, however I doubt he even try that. What he would do and what i find would be effective is letting arch angle dive in on him which is a common tactic of angles and then dodging webbing his back as he passed by and whiping him into a wall. I find this to actual be a pretty likely scenerio given the right enviorment.

jinzin
they're not in a city setting. What the f**k?

Forum defaults. He loses.

King Castle
so you are relying on terrain usage ala story telling? blink

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by King Castle
so you are relying on terrain usage ala story telling? blink
there a big differences between what I am saying and story telling.

archangel

Dum Dum Dugan
they're not in a city setting. What the f**k?

Forum defaults. He loses.
I agree in a feature less enviorment, spiderman going to be at a disadvantage, though I still don't think he helpless by any means and will certainly take his fair share of wins.

jinzin
Nah he gets shredded.

Parmaniac
"Standard" Forum rules cripple Spider-man anyways it has nothing to do with "story telling" it's a big white room, so his ability to stick to things is out of the window. An equivalent would be a Wolverine thread with a magnetic ground battlefield.

Dum Dum Dugan

I disagree, I still see him getting 3 wins. I think arch angle is overrated and cis can eaisly be manipulated in order to achieve victory.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Parmaniac
"Standard" Forum rules cripple Spider-man anyways it has nothing to do with "story telling" it's a big white room, so his ability to stick to things is out of the window. An equivalent would be a Wolverine thread with a magnetic ground battlefield.
Though I agree with you, this comparison is not in any shape or form the equivalent.

spiderman not being able to use his sticking to walls powers equates to Wolverine being held in place helplessly by a magnet..............not even closes.

Parmaniac
True, then let's say a HF cancelling Battlefield.

My point is Spider-mans powers work that way and that's why he operates in a city, Stan Lee himself said once that Spider-man in a place like smallville would be a waste of the character.

He uses his webbing to swing through cities with skyscrapers and crawls up walls, it has absolutely nothing to do with storytelling.

While the standard setting is a place that literally takes away one of his powers, you would have to search for a very long time to find place like this. Even normal arenas have walls etc. to stick to.

Dum Dum Dugan
True, then let's say a HF cancelling Battlefield.

again how does spiderman loosing the ability to stick to walls equate to wolverine losing his healing factor............honestly man think about what your saying........

Dum Dum Dugan

My point is Spider-mans powers work that way and that's why he operates in a city, Stan Lee himself said once that Spider-man in a place like smallville would be a waste of the character.

He uses his webbing to swing through cities with skyscrapers and crawls up walls, it has absolutely nothing to do with storytelling.

While the standard setting is a place that literally takes away one of his powers, you would have to search for a very long time to find place like this. Even normal arenas have walls etc. to stick to.

I agree he is better opperrating in a city, just as some one like wolverine is better in woods.

agreed.

true, but people like wolverine batman amoung others get hinder by such settings as well. Spiderman not the only one.

Bentley
Peter has no chance in hell.

King Castle
the closest comparison to wolverine would be that Wolverine is not allowed to stealth kill his opponents who are extremely powerful in a forum fight which wolverine would try in comics 7 out of ten to avoid an @$$ kicking..

so basically spidey cant hide and wall climb swing using terrain to win..

Wolverine can't go ninja stealth do the low down creep using shadows terrain for instant stealth kill, no wall climbing for him either or tossing crap or hiding under cars.

Parmaniac
again how does spiderman loosing the ability to stick to walls equate to wolverine losing his healing factor............honestly man think about what your saying........ He looses one of his powers cause it relies on the surrounding. It's a disadvantage from the beginning due to the battlefield. That's something only very few characters have here, while others don't have any disadvantage at all (like Wolverine or almost all other characters). We could also say a thread with Superman and a room so small that flying isn't an option anymore he would then loose one of his abilities (flying) due to the battlefield while a character without the ability to fly wouldn't be crippled by that that creates an imbalance from teh beginning of the match cause one character can't use his full potential anymore, that's what I' saying.

Dum Dum Dugan
He looses one of his powers cause it relies on the surrounding. It's a disadvantage from the beginning due to the battlefield.

It may be, but it not closes to being equal to wolverine loosing his healing factor. Honestly can you really not see that?

something only very few characters have here, while others don't have any disadvantage at all (like Wolverine or almost all other characters).
Thats not true at all. Wolverine is at disadvantage as well. He utilizes stealth constantly, as does batman amoung others. NC also has the ability for stealth and the ability to cling to walls taken away. So no there are many characters who are just as much at a disadvantages and some more so like NC.

character can't use his full potential anymore, that's what I' saying.
I understand what your saying, but he not the only character at a disadvantage many are. Honestly the fairest setting are featureless enviorments because then is person vs person. Though i agree that hinders certain characters, but honestly it still the fairest standard setting.

Parmaniac
It may be, but it not closes to being equal to wolverine loosing his healing factor. Honestly can you really not see that? I agree that Wolverine loosing his HF is a bigger disadvantage that's why I tried another example with Supes.

Though i agree that hinders certain characters, but honestly it still the fairest standard setting. In most cases yes it is, agreed.

Dum Dum Dugan
I agree that Wolverine loosing his HF is a bigger disadvantage that's why I tried another example with Supes.

In most cases yes it is, agreed.
k cool.

setting make battles for certain characters. I think spiderman takes wolverine in a city, but a woods I go with wolverine. Think certain characters are tailor made for certain land scapes.

King Castle
a winter canadian wood setting...

Wolverine howls and vanished from Spiderman into the shadows..

a pack of wolves and bears maybe even the wendigo appear to give wolverine a hand against spiderman..durverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.