Divorce Issue...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vinz07
Guys... why divorce legalized in the court in society???...family especially kids was affected....

Marxman
Because back in the day it was a miracle if someone made it to 35 years of age. Now people are living until 80, 90, even 100. If you can stand a person for 50+ years then I applaud you.

dadudemon
it used to not be.

Sometimes, it is better than a man and a women split rather than stay together ans subject their children to their "fights".

It really depends on the situation. In some cases, the parents need to grow up...in other cases, one or both parents of mental problems and it is not a good idea to stay married any longer.

Children can suffer more dammage under two parents that fight and argue all the time.

My parents fought and argued like cats and dogs the whole time I was growing up but I turned out very sane...no drugs or crime or anything shady. Like I said, it depends on the children.

vinz07
It is only practice in the US...but why not in other countries..they against it...the sacredness of marriage is the topmost priority...it appears that US didn't consider this....

Martian_mind
Ummm...there are shitloads of divorced couples in oz...

and as somone said,sometimes it is just better for parents to split.

vinz07
Western Countries dont mind the scaredness of family...

Fishy
Originally posted by vinz07
Western Countries dont mind the scaredness of family...

And for a good reason, keeping people together forcing them to stay together when they don't want to be is nothing less then wrong.

Parents that fight all the time that hate each other will only create disturbed children, better for them to split up and be happy. And the government quite frankly has absolutely no business interfering with these things.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Marxman
Because back in the day it was a miracle if someone made it to 35 years of age. Now people are living until 80, 90, even 100. If you can stand a person for 50+ years then I applaud you.

I don't think people started divorsing not till the sixtys.Like everything else that got messed up it was all the sixtys fault for bringing then into the world.JM sad

Bardock42
It is only practice in the US...but why not in other countries..they against it...the sacredness of marriage is the topmost priority...it appears that US didn't consider this....

Lots of other countries have divorces. In fact it says in the bible and I quote: "Whoever sends his wife away, let him give her a certificate of divorce."

Now, Jebus contradicted that, but still even back then there were things as a divorce, because it is just a very logical thing. People that really like each other now can change over time and to force them to stay together is unjust.

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I don't think people started divorsing not till the sixtys.Like everything else that got messed up it was all the sixtys fault for bringing then into the world.JM sad

Yeah, I am sure they were all happy then.

I wish we'd live in that time so I could get your dad to marry you to me, then beat you up and rape you the rest of your life, and make you be my personal slave, the only vacation you will get will be the days you can spend in pain in the hospital to press out my babies....

debbiejo
Isn't it true that in some Middle Eastern countries that only the man has the right to divorce his wife and not the other way around with the words "I am divorcing you?"

Today in the US we have what is called "No Fault" divorce. Before that you had to prove your reasons in court on why you should be able to get one. This, I believe, changed in the 60's and before that it was very costly.

chithappens
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

Damn deb beat me to it but oh well.

All this "divorce rates are at their highest" crap is dumb. The fact is that women could not file for divorce. They had to file for divorce to a man who would then tell her husband who would then beat her ass.

Even in the old English days it was expected a man would have a few mistresses and that was accepted and commonplace.

What the hell are you talking about?

Women just got any sorts of rights, anywhere, about three decades ago.

debbiejo
AND if a woman asked for a divorce back then she could usually get screwed because they were usually the stay at home moms making no money nor having any skills. The husband could then hide the money. But thank god the courts would help in that regard with asking the guy to pay some child support and alimony.

Kinneary
I don't agree with alimony. If he or she didn't earn it, then he or she shouldn't get any of it. Prenup like a son of a *****.

Creshosk
The sixties? Anyone remember Henry VIII?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Creshosk
The sixties? Anyone remember Henry VIII? He invented a freakin' religion so he could divorce....

Good on him!

ADarksideJedi
Forgot to add last night that it also has al ot to do with money.jm

vinz07
how helpful is Divorce to you unhappy married couple?????

Shelbert Lemon
how helpful is Divorce to you unhappy married couple????? It was very helpful. Im now happily divorced.

vinz07
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
It was very helpful. Im now happily divorced.

do you have your kids when you got divorced...??? kindly pass my signature to know more about parenting divorce...thanks smile

Shelbert Lemon
do you have your kids when you got divorced...??? kindly pass my signature to know more about parenting divorce...thanks smile We share our children. Thanks but I dont need to take that course.

vinz07
We share our children. Thanks but I dont need to take that course.

Thanks again...this is very useful to both party...If you time please visit that site..i know it can help your recovery....thanks

Shelbert Lemon
Thanks again...this is very useful to both party...If you time please visit that site..i know it can help your recovery....thanks We did fine on our own. We split up near 3 years ago and everyone is doing good. DId you take that course, and why do you tell others to take it?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Kinneary
I don't agree with alimony. If he or she didn't earn it, then he or she shouldn't get any of it. Prenup like a son of a *****. I was talking before the 1960's when most women didn't work outside the home. They gave up their education to raise their children. Without alimony, they would of starved.

inimalist
Originally posted by debbiejo
I was talking before the 1960's when most women didn't work outside the home. They gave up their education to raise their children. Without alimony, they would of starved.

alimony does seem like a relic of those days

debbiejo
Originally posted by inimalist
alimony does seem like a relic of those days It's pretty difficult to get alimony today. It must be proved in court that it is needed.

inimalist
It's pretty difficult to get alimony today. It must be proved in court that it is needed.

interesting, I think I am in favor of that...

the only experience I have with any of this stuff is with a good friend of mine. His kids were given to the mother (Meth junkie, constant trouble with the law) simply because she was the mother and he had a hell of a time getting them back.

lol, not even close to what you were talking about, but I'm trying to contribute smile

debbiejo
Well the court system is really screwed up. It's become a game of money and greed. Keeping parties in court pays their bills.

inimalist
interesting, if depressing. I had never thought of it that way...

debbiejo
Oh the stories I could tell talking to professionals. Many court, country, and state programs are not what they seem. They make it seem as if they are doing a great public service to family, but the bottom line is that of MONEY. Money to the state, court and country. This told to me by professionals that decided to leave the system because of the bureaucracy of red tape, like an onion, but when pealed away uncovers the truth. The truth is keep people fighting in the court system for what ever matter, because it lines their pockets. The truth is that IT IS NOT about what is good for the people, but MONEY.

TheBullDog
Divorce is for quitters.

The Grey Fox
That's not very nice. If you don't love somebody, why should you be forced to stay with them.

debbiejo
Divorce is healthy for many. Would some of you want to stick it out forever when you don't love someone? Forever is a long long time.

Fishy
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
That's not very nice. If you don't love somebody, why should you be forced to stay with them.

You shouldn't. That doesn't make the statement any less true.

leonheartmm
there is nuthing SACRED about marriage. its an excuse often used by non sensical extremists to oppress women. the sacred part of marriade is not supernaturally ordained. but the fealing in between two lovers and in their perspectives. that exists with or WITHOUT marriage. its nothing more than a contract. nuthing sacred about it. and divorce is FAR better than living without love for you and your kids.

chithappens
Originally posted by leonheartmm
its nothing more than a contract.

vinz07
Divorce is healthy for many. Would some of you want to stick it out forever when you don't love someone? Forever is a long long time.

Healthy for MANY???...oh c'mon...can cause psychological effects to both parties......

debbiejo
^^ Yeah, if you stay in an unhappy environment..

Rogue Jedi
Healthy for MANY???...oh c'mon...can cause psychological effects to both parties...... sockie

vinz07
We did fine on our own. We split up near 3 years ago and everyone is doing good. DId you take that course, and why do you tell others to take it?

This course is very helpful to both parties for their recovery especially their children. They are affected in this dilemma....

Shelbert Lemon
This course is very helpful to both parties for their recovery especially their children. They are affected in this dilemma.... My girls are fine. They are happier now after the divorce. Their dad and I are friends now AFTER the divorce. Guess what.. we didnt need that site to be fine.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by TheBullDog
Divorce is for quitters.

Marriage is for idiots.

Rogue Jedi
not in all cases.

vinz07
Divorce can be justifiable.....

Shelbert Lemon
Divorce is almost always justifiable.

Rogue Jedi
again, depends.

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
again, depends. ..of course it depneds and not always right but in general if a couple isnt happy and want to divorce.. it seems justifiable. Whatever their reason is.

vinz07
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
again, depends.

again it is justifiable....

Czarina_Czarina

cEejay_01
Because kid was not enough reason for a partner to stay together. It will be more good for them to be separated than be together with their endless fights which is more worst if their kid would saw it

vinz07

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.