Zodiacs signs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

anrev
What is your zodiac sign?

Do you believe in this? like your fortunes, compatibilities and fate?
Does zodiac sign of a person matters to you because they say with your zodiac signs it identifies your character or attitude?

Shakyamunison
I'm a Virgo. And no I don't believe in the zodiac signs, but I do like to have fun with them.

debbiejo
I'm a Gemini and I am very much like my sign. I don't know, maybe it's just a coincidence.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm a Gemini and I am very much like my sign. I don't know, maybe it's just a coincidence.

So, are there two of you?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, are there two of you? You mean you didn't notice?? eek! laughing out loud

inimalist
Virgo

and no, its pretty dumb imho, even as far as pseudo sciences go

Shakyamunison
You mean you didn't notice?? eek! laughing out loud

Well, there is the nice you, and the evil you, but I just thought that was because you are Italian.

debbiejo
Well, there is the nice you, and the evil you, but I just thought that was because you are Italian. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Well that probably makes it worse..lol.... Gemini alway did describe me very much though, even as a kid.

I'm very imaginative, playful, light hearted, creative, a people person, not taking things so seriously, out going, changing from one focus to another, never finishing things I've started because I quickly get bored with it. I love exciting adventures and curious.........A person that never grows up.

Hmmm sounds just like me and I've always been this way. Who else has conversations with bugs, squirrels and trees from the age of 4? I find adventure where ever I go. Life is a treat to me. beer

People just don't understand how great life really is or could be with all our choices of experiences! cool

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Well that probably makes it worse..lol.... Gemini alway did describe me very much though, even as a kid.

I'm very imaginative, playful, light hearted, creative, a people person, not taking things so seriously, out going, changing from one focus to another, never finishing things I've started because I quickly get bored with it. I love exciting adventures and curious.........A person that never grows up.

Hmmm sounds just like me and I've always been this way. Who else has conversations with bugs, squirrels and trees from the age of 4? I find adventure where ever I go. Life is a treat to me. beer

People just don't understand how great life really is or could be with all our choices of experiences! cool

But it's there a little bit of every sign in you?

debbiejo
I don't know. I never looked really. Though sometimes I can be more intense, focused and serious when I need to be, but usually that's not where I spend most of my time. Though I can be those attributes with my personality as well. It confuses people, I think, because people don't understand that a focused, insightful, intelligent person thats been told has a gift for seeing the larger dynamics at work and that has a grade point 4.0 in law courses can also be silly at the same time...Though I need to keep my mouth shut and not joke around in certain circumstances........Like court. ...hahaha.....They don't have a sense of humor in there. They don't find what I say very funny.

Maybe I'm just not from here... blink

Shakyamunison
I don't know. I never looked really. Though sometimes I can be more intense, focused and serious when I need to be, but usually that's not where I spend most of my time. Though I can be those attributes with my personality as well. It confuses people, I think, because people don't understand that a focused, insightful, intelligent person Thats been told I have a gift for seeing the larger dynamics at work and that has a grade point 4.0 in law courses can also be silly at the same time...Though I need to keep my mouth shut and not joke around in certain circumstances........Like court. ...hahaha.....They don't have a sense of humor in there. They don't find what I say very funny.

Maybe I'm just not from here... blink

evil face That is for sure. laughing

DigiMark007
I always thought I was a Gemini when I was young, and I thought it was cool. Then I found out later that I'm a Cancer. No big deal, but I always identified with Gemini more because I had such an attachment to the idea of it as a kid....so there's a sense of loss when I think about it.

sad

I've never actually met anyone who uses them for serious purposes.

vivando-loca
i don't think i'm anything like my zodiac sign...i'm sorta, in some respects, but i find myself more of a pisces than a libra...

go figure. erm

Atlantis001
I'm a Libra and I identify myself with my sign mostly.

There are other characteristics that I share with other signs, but the Astral chart is a complex thing and you are not only influenced by your sign. I could think I should be a Gemini because it is the sign most associated with knowledge and I like to know things, but my ascendent is Gemini. For some astrologists the ascendent is even more important than the solar sign.

Anyway I don't know if I believe in astrology, but perhaps it has some sense. I don't know.

Goddess Kali
I'm a Taurus, and I certainly fit many characteristics that goes with most Taurists:

-Sensitive, Stubborn, highly sexual, sexy, aggressive, strong, quick to anger, etc.

Storm
The wide variety of methods for interpreting or even for gathering astrological data creates a problem for the claim that astrology is accurate.

Some people believe in astrology to such an extent that they mold their self-image on their astrological sign.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Storm
The wide variety of methods for interpreting or even for gathering astrological data creates a problem for the claim that astrology is accurate.

Some people believe in astrology to such an extent that they mold their self-image on their astrological sign.

Any Astronomer will tell you that Astrology itself is total BS

Shantie
I'm a cancer and I'm a lot like my sign.

Storm
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Any Astronomer will tell you that Astrology itself is total BS
Many practitioners and followers of astrology claim that what they do is a science.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shantie
I'm a cancer and I'm a lot like my sign.

Needy? wanting to be reasurred?

DigiMark007
Needy? wanting to be reasurred?

Pfft! Stupendous and well-hung, more like.

flex

...please don't leave me....

embarrasment

Goddess Kali
Many practitioners and followers of astrology claim that what they do is a science.

That is true. However, it is more on study of personality and tradition than any extensive science such as Astronomy itself.

An Arrangement of stars named by Roman Emporers having any affect on one's personality and character, is more mythology than anything.

That doesn't mean it isn't fun to dabble with Astrology, however, and Astrology books are god damn fascinating !

debbiejo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Pfft! Stupendous and well-hung, more like.

flex

...please don't leave me....

embarrasment laughing out loud

I wonder what mine is...

Mindship
"When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Now-Guess-My-Sign..."

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
"When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Now-Guess-My-Sign..."
Torus? laughing Try singing that...

lil bitchiness
My Star sign (zodiac) is Aquarius. My Sun sign (Calculated by the hour, minute and place you were born - hence the saying ''born under the lucky star'') is Sagittarius.

I love Astrology. An astrologer made a natal chart for me when I was born and I am really not sure if my mother still has it.

And yes, I identify with my star sign - in the most general terms. Of course I am Aquarius-Sagattarius, so I tend to carry qualities of the both signs.

Mindship
Torus? laughing Try singing that... If you say it twice, it fits smokin'

leonheartmm
I'm a Virgo. And no I don't believe in the zodiac signs, but I do like to have fun with them.

just a coincidence but......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgo_Shaka

hmmmm, your wife isnt a phoenix by any chance is she{chinese zodiac} stick out tongue .

hmmm. i myself am a leo but just barely{28th july}. although i dont at all identify with what leos are supposed to be. in a fair few ways, im very unlike it for the greater part of my time.

still, the zodiac is interesting.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
just a coincidence but......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgo_Shaka

hmmmm, your wife isnt a phoenix by any chance is she{chinese zodiac} stick out tongue .

I don't know... wink laughing

Atlantis001

There are places on the net where you can calculate your ascendent. Though I'm not sure where.

Storm
You can have your ascendant calculated right here.

miss_swann
Aries! A Ram! *pokes with horns*

debbiejo
You can have your ascendant calculated right here. I tried that site and I'm still not sure.

sad

I do remember having a chart done up once. It didn't fit every well, but then again I wasn't sure what time I was born, though I believe it was around 5am.

Someone figure out my ascendant for meeeeeee...crybaby

Creshosk
I'm an Aries and I've been sober for.... oh wait.

Um.... I believe in subjective validation? That better?

debbiejo
Your profile says you don't have a birthday......There are others like you?? . blink

Creshosk
Your profile says you don't have a birthday......There are others like you?? . blink There we go fixed it.

My eastern sign is that of the boar.

Others like me?

SelphieT
I'm a Virgo, and a Ram/Goat I believe.

I've read a lot of things about the Zodiac, and I have this book called Born on A Rotten Day, and the Virgo section, shit son, it basically explains me, its ridiculous.

yvonnekarate
I'm a scorpio. Don't really believe in all that 'stuff'.

Regards, Yvonne

DigiMark007

thumb up

Addendum to Storm: DON'T BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY!!

As if the workings of celestials bodies, and the time of your birth, has anything to do with affecting your life and/or personality ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ). It's been debunked more times than I can count, by both noted scientists and regular people with common sense.

At newspapers, they regularly assign the newest hire to make the astrological "predictions" for each day, because it's mindless grunt work that anyone can do. There's a few basic rules (don't repeat exact predictions too often, keep it positive, and keep it vague enough to allow for interpretation) but otherwise it's all a load of crap.

Using it for amusement is fine. But I actually try to stay away from it at all, simply because I don't want to be tacitly supporting a practice that many people take far too seriously.

Hyperion 07
I'm a Leo.

W00t!!1

Dulcie
I'm a Taurus and I don't believe zodiac signs play any significant part in someone's fate. But it's funny to watch how people build their whole life on something they read in a magazine. I mean, it's okay to have fun with it, but come on.

lord xyz
I'm Aquarius. Although I follow that sign very well, so do non-aquarians. As do I follow other signs. It's all bullshit. As if a period within the year determines your personality.

Storm
Research showed that our astrological sign would have no impact on the probability of marrying - and staying married to - someone of any other sign. Based on the data of more than 10 million marriages in England and Wales, the analysis of the birthdays of all the husbands and wives was the largest-scale test of astrology ever undertaken.

Devil King
Libra

lord xyz
Research showed that our astrological sign would have no impact on the probability of marrying - and staying married to - someone of any other sign. Based on the data of more than 10 million marriages in England and Wales, the analysis of the birthdays of all the husbands and wives was the largest-scale test of astrology ever undertaken. I know this'll sound stupid, but I'm relieved after hearing that.

~Forever*Alone~
im a capricorn, but im nothing like capricorns at all, im always a black sheep....

debbiejo
I am soooooooo Gemini, it's not even funny.

~Forever*Alone~
yes it is

DigiMark007
Research showed that our astrological sign would have no impact on the probability of marrying - and staying married to - someone of any other sign. Based on the data of more than 10 million marriages in England and Wales, the analysis of the birthdays of all the husbands and wives was the largest-scale test of astrology ever undertaken.

Good stuff. Thanks for the info.

thumb up

Do you happen to have a link to the formal analysis or even a report on it? I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious to read more about it.

Storm

WrathfulDwarf
I'm a Gemini

debbiejo
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm a Gemini We're special. big grin

WrathfulDwarf
We're special. big grin

My lost twin!

DigiMark007
Thanks Storm.

So I'm out with a friend at a movie, and astrology comes up in the movie and I'm like "what garbage", and she's like "but don't you think there's some truth to it" and I'm all like "no"...but she wasn't convinced. I didn't have time to talk about it further because we were in a movie...but it should make for an entertaining (or frustrating) convo some other time.

Deja~vu
Sun sign Gemini
Ascendent Gemini
Moon is in Libra

Double whammy and All Air signs.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/signsofthezodiac.html

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Sun sign Gemini
Ascendent Gemini
Moon is in Libra

Double whammy and All Air signs.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/signsofthezodiac.html

Wow! I'm now a believer. laughing out loud

Deja~vu
Air is a good sign. mad

It's transmutable.. big grin

Shakyamunison
Air is a good sign. mad

It's transmutable.. big grin

They call it AIR for a reason. laughing

Deja~vu
Yes, yes, it's because they change easily and go with the flow. They are very adaptable people.......Great coping skills. Just plain great people. stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Yes, yes, it's because they change easily and go with the flow. They are very adaptable people.......Great coping skills. Just plain great people. stick out tongue

And air heads. laughing

Deja~vu
I'm not an air head? I just have many thoughts all at one time. I need to hire an extra body just to handle the overload.

Hey, I'm in a class with Jim Jim Belushi, President Kennedy and Ms. Monroe.

We will take over the world... eek!

Shakyamunison
I'm not an air head? I just have many thoughts all at one time. I need to hire an extra body just to handle the overload.

Hey, I'm in a class with Jim Jim Belushi, President Kennedy and Ms. Monroe.

We will take over the world... eek!

cool

ragesRemorse
GEMENI FOR LYFE!! bitches stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.