Super-Adaptoid vs Ravenous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins?

Super-Adaptoid
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/super-adaptoid.jpg

vs

Ravenous
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/Ravenous_01.jpg

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
Who wins?

Super-Adaptoid
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/super-adaptoid.jpg

vs

Ravenous
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/Ravenous_01.jpg

super adaptoid

rotiart
considering the show of powers superadaptoid had vs. quasar... i'd say he stands a far chance of beating ravenous... However, i remember the showings ravenous had at the beginning of annihilation...he stood up well to energy.. but the brute force of ronan's attacks not so well... i'd think super adaptoid would pull the combination quicksilver/hercules combo he used on quasar... to pull the win 6/10

llagrok
Super Adaptoid was almost beaten by phyla vell though, and she's pretty inexperienced :/

Good matchup, I'll think about it.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by llagrok
Super Adaptoid was almost beaten by phyla vell though, and she's pretty inexperienced :/

Good matchup, I'll think about it. That makes me think Ravenous would take it. And let's not forget that when Ronan broke his hammer on Ravenous's skull, it was actually Ronan and Super Skrull vs Ravenous, not a one on one battle.

Based on Ravenous's showings against the Silver Surfer, and his domination of Ronan one on one, I think he overpowers the current Adaptoid.

llagrok

Acrosurge

llagrok
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Well, if we must be that detailed, then you left out Praxagora, House Fiyero, and the Kree army.

I agree with you on Ravenous's arrogance; this played into Ronan's victory, which was pretty much won by his absolute all. He broke his Universal Weapon doing what he did. That, and Ronan was also assisted in his victory by Super-Skrull, who took out Ravenous's Currs, weakening Ravenous for Ronan's final blow.

Ravenous and Ronan are really not equals at all.

Neither Praxagora nor the Kree army affected Ravenous/Ronan so they were irrelevant smile

Ravenous was at full power when Ronan engaged him, Ronan and SS had fought their way through the courtyard and taken out tons of Centurions as well.

Acrosurge
Neither Praxagora nor the Kree army affected Ravenous/Ronan so they were irrelevant smile

Ravenous was at full power when Ronan engaged him, Ronan and SS had fought their way through the courtyard and taken out tons of Centurions as well. Exactly. There were extenuated circumstances, though Ravenous still managed to dominate Ronan in their earlier battles. That's what made Ronan's victory so spectacular; he was the underdog fighting for a people that had spurned him. He won, but not because he was more powerful than Ravenous. Good stuff. *goes off to re-read Annihilation #5*

llagrok
Exactly. There were extenuated circumstances, though Ravenous still managed to dominate Ronan in their earlier battles. That's what made Ronan's victory so spectacular; he was the underdog fighting for a people that had spurned him. He won, but not because he was more powerful than Ravenous. Good stuff. *goes off to re-read Annihilation #5*

The only reason why Ravenous nearly won in their earliest bout was because he threw himself in the way of Ravenous' attack, in order to defend a nurse smile

But yeah, things would've been very different in a real bout.

Acrosurge
The only reason why Ravenous nearly won in their earliest bout was because he threw himself in the way of Ravenous' attack, in order to defend a nurse smile

But yeah, things would've been very different in a real bout. Well, I was thinking of earlier in the battle when Ravenous used a single energy blast to make Ronan scream. He also deflecting Ronan's energy blasts with his bare hands. Ravenous made Ronan scream after one attack! No one else in Annihilation has made the Kree Accuser yell like that (heck, I'm not sure anyone ever has). Ronan is good, no doubt, but Ravenous is on another level, IMO.

Edit: Dude, we are so off topic. I suppose if Super-Adaptoid has Herald-level feats, past or present, then he might be a match for Ravenous. Until then, I say Ravenous takes him.

golem370
Didn't Super-Adaptoid take on an Avengers team

guy222
Didn't Super-Adaptoid take on an Avengers team

yes

golem370
How did he do? and What team members was he fighting?

Acrosurge
How did he do? and What team members was he fighting? Well, the first time he fought the Avengers was Avengers #45. He fought:

Captain America
Wasp
Hank Pym
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Hercules
Scarlet Witch

He did well against them, but was defeated by the fact that he could not draw on too many of his copied powers at once.

The Adaptoid encountered the Avengers again in 286-288, but then he had the help of Heavy Metal, a team of superrobots including the Mad Thinker's Android, Machine Man, Sentry 451, Tess-One, ect.

In #289, he adapted the power of Kubik to become Supreme Adaptoid. He had the power of the Cosmic Cube, but was defeated by Captain America using a philosophical weakness. Kubik takes the power from him.

Then we have Adaptoid's latest showing in Annihilation: Conquest. It fought a depowered, inexperienced Phyla/Quasar and was not able to overcome her. I don't think you could argue that Phyla anywhere near Wendall/Quasar's level, so you'd be hardpressed to argue that Adaptoid is Ravenous level.

Supreme Adaptoid could take Ravenous, but then, anyone with the Cosmic Cube should be able to take him. The other versions of Adaptoid? Not so much. *shrugs*

golem370
Well, the first time he fought the Avengers was Avengers #45. He fought:

Captain America
Wasp
Hank Pym
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Hercules
Scarlet Witch

He did well against them, but was defeated by the fact that he could not draw on too many of his copied powers at once.

The Adaptoid encountered the Avengers again in 286-288, but then he had the help of Heavy Metal, a team of superrobots including the Mad Thinker's Android, Machine Man, Sentry 451, Tess-One, ect.

In #289, he adapted the power of Kubik to become Supreme Adaptoid. He had the power of the Cosmic Cube, but was defeated by Captain America using a philosophical weakness. Kubik takes the power from him.

Then we have Adaptoid's latest showing in Annihilation: Conquest. It fought a depowered, inexperienced Phyla/Quasar and was not able to overcome her. I don't think you could argue that Phyla anywhere near Wendall/Quasar's level, so you'd be hardpressed to argue that Adaptoid is Ravenous level.

Supreme Adaptoid could take Ravenous, but then, anyone with the Cosmic Cube should be able to take him. The other versions of Adaptoid? Not so much. *shrugs*

The one I have with him and the Hulk said he had the combined powers of 100 heros.

starlock
Maybe i am wrong but is not the current Super adaptoid-a phalanx now? i could have sworn the phalanx have taken him over....not sure what that does with this match....just curious?

Tyrant
Super-Adaptoid KO'ed Sentry... twice...

Acrosurge
The one I have with him and the Hulk said he had the combined powers of 100 heros. You asked about when Super Adaptoid fought the Avengers, yes? The Hulk episode was not during the Avengers confrontation, but later.

Originally posted by Tyrant
Super-Adaptoid KO'ed Sentry... twice... Did that take place during New Avengers Annual #1? That was a seperate Adaptoid from the original. Are we including that one in the fight?

golem370
This is the one I want. But I will take scenarios for current and original.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/untitled.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.