The Dark Knight Teaser Trailer Revealed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan ll
Teaser Trailer(Not the best quality, mind you and not mine);
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nb4TstBBHYE

Is it me or does the Joker sound a lot like Beetlejuice? confused

sithsaber408
Umm... cool?

I like that we got some new audio and a logo.... but really that needed to have a closing image of the Joker.

Ok for a Teaser, better as just an anouncement trailer... like they did with Transformers.

WrathfulDwarf
Very low quality video.

You can see it the teaser in previews of The Simpsons Movie.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Very low quality video.

You can see it the teaser in previews of The Simpsons Movie.

Its definitely very low quality. The only reason why I'm seeing The Simpsons movie is so I can see The TDK teaser.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm just gonna sneek in and catch the trailer.

xNIXSONx
aw man its been taken down courtesy of warner bros

Il.Mozalini
Damn, I could've recorded it if it saw this earlier.

vader519
Here is the thing too, its not going to be attached to every single showing of the simpsons. Its only with selected showings. I hope and pray my showing has it.

SelinaAndBruce
I want to see it sad

Scarecrow756
Here is an alternative link to the teaser trailer. Personally I found this teaser very good so what if we have not got images from the new movie we got a sense of plot and of course Heath Ledger`s Joker voice which is very creepy sounding imo. Apparently there is going to be a full trailer in December but till then I am happy and have total faith in Nolan and his vision for this movie.

THE DARK KNIGHT IS GONNA KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V07G046bgwyzRX

Bat Dude
After watching the teaser, I was both disappointed and joyous at the same time... I was disappointed by how lackluster it was, but I was joyous because we at least got SOMETHING...

Il.Mozalini
I love love LOVE ledger's laugh. I'm glad he's doing something with his speaking voice as well.

xNIXSONx
i couldnt really make out too much of his laugh at the end but it aint bad, its just the bad quality of the audio might not be best for making judgements about heath yet

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think that over the weekend, WB should release the trailer on quicktime or something like that so we can all enjoy such a wondrous thing. Now I can't wait until the real trailer comes out.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm just gonna sneek in and catch the trailer.

yeah I think I'll do that to because yeah that teaser really is very low quality.

Scarecrow756
The Dark Knight Teaser Trailer is now available on Quicktime in much better quality enjoy.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6085

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
The Dark Knight Teaser Trailer is now available on Quicktime in much better quality enjoy.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6085
Was not really feeling Ledger's voice but it was nice to see it and hear

AstroFan
Heath's voice is nothing like I could of expected, but I like it, definate psycho feel to it. stick out tongue

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I love Ledger's Joker voice. Now I'm looking forward to another trailer.

SelinaAndBruce
I guess I am the only one not feeling his voice

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce

like i said, for me, the part with Heath's Joker voice was too short for me to make a good judgement, i gotta SEE him acting out and with the voice like visually see him do it and longer.

if i were to make a judgement, he's not bad but not what i expected (i expected like real close to mark hamills voice from the animated series)

Alfheim
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Teaser Trailer(Not the best quality, mind you and not mine);
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nb4TstBBHYE

Is it me or does the Joker sound a lot like Beetlejuice? confused

This is the trailer in better quality.

http://www.whysoserious.com/

Bat Dude
After watching the teaser in high quality, I have to admit it's pretty good... Here's my question, at the beginning, when the guy says "I should have known the Mob wouldn't go down without a fight" or something like that, was that Eckhart, or Bale? I couldn't tell...

And Ledger does sound a lot like Beetlejuice when he says "I'm a man of my word"...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Bat Dude
After watching the teaser in high quality, I have to admit it's pretty good... Here's my question, at the beginning, when the guy says "I should have known the Mob wouldn't go down without a fight" or something like that, was that Eckhart, or Bale? I couldn't tell...

And Ledger does sound a lot like Beetlejuice when he says "I'm a man of my word"...

That was Bale

Il.Mozalini
nevemind. I'm an idiot

NoFate007

You're not the only one. So far everything we've seen from Ledger's Joker, I haven't liked it.

"I'm a man of my weerrrrddd"

Like I said in the other thread, he sounds more like he should be the run of the mill nerd serial killer out for revenge...not The Joker. The laugh seemed so forced, too. Even though I don't think Nicholson did the best job, both he and Hamill had laughs that were convincing.

Listening to Ledger's delivery for those lines doesn't make me think "oooh that's the Joker!" it makes me think someone like Phillip Seymour Hoffman should be saying it. But then again, maybe that's how you sound when you put lots of makeup on and you have a Koolaid smile rather than anything Joker-esque lol

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by NoFate007
You're not the only one. So far everything we've seen from Ledger's Joker, I haven't liked it.

Like I said in the other thread, he sounds more like he should be the run of the mill nerd serial killer out for revenge...not The Joker. The laugh seemed so forced, too. Even though I don't think Nicholson did the best job, both he and Hamill had laughs that were convincing.

Listening to Ledger's delivery for those lines doesn't make me think "oooh that's the Joker!" it makes me think someone like Phillip Seymour Hoffman should be saying it. But then again, maybe that's how you sound when you put lots of makeup on and you have a Koolaid smile rather than anything Joker-esque lol

Just wait until the next trailer. I like very much the teaaer.

Alfheim

Wow I really dont know how you got that impression. I mean what did you expect?

SelinaAndBruce

That's exactly what I thought! He sounded more like a congested computer nerd to me. But it was one soundbite and like I said I am still willing to give it a chance I need to see and experience it in the context of the movie, but outside of the context of the movie? So not feeling it. I wish they would dub Mark Hamill's voice over his laughing

Il.Mozalini

Well, I for one am EXTREMELY happy that Heath Ledger is actually doing something with the character unlike Nicholson who played himself with 60% shit green hair. I don't think we've heard enough to judge fairly...but so far, I LOVE what I've heard.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
Well, I for one am EXTREMELY happy that Heath Ledger is actually doing something with the character unlike Nicholson who played himself with 60% shit green hair. I don't think we've heard enough to judge fairly...but so far, I LOVE what I've heard.
I quite enjoyed Nicholson's portrayal but I'm not pleased with the look or voice so far. But still open minded. Not going to write him off just based on a few snippits.

tlbauerle
but figure we're going for more gritty realism this time around. So far, the look and sound of Joker is inline with that.

NoFate007
Gritty realism isn't always the best route to go, though. More realistic seems to be a general rule for better comic book films, but the Joker should still have some pinache, you know?

I expected it to be a little more........enthusiastic? Hamill's Joker sounded like he was really having fun and laughing for a purpose, whereas so far, it sounds like Ledger's Joker isn't going to be fun at all, you know? Like they've been saying, "its more about his eyes than his laugh"...but really, we all know its the laugh that solidifies this character.

I'm not going to completely throw it out the window yet, because originally I hated the design of the Tumbler but I grew to like it a lot, so I'm hoping its one of those situations. I just hope that that was the worst we get and that everything from here on in is a better Joker, and I'm hoping that the appearance of the Joker so far that we've seen is only pre-acid lol.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Truthful statements

tlbauerle
As far as the laugh goes....there was a good clip of the Joker's laugh during the whysoserious.com charade. It was edited weird...but it was great...and certainly better than the laugh in the trailer.

xNIXSONx
Gritty realism isn't always the best route to go, though. More realistic seems to be a general rule for better comic book films, but the Joker should still have some pinache, you know?

I expected it to be a little more........enthusiastic? Hamill's Joker sounded like he was really having fun and laughing for a purpose, whereas so far, it sounds like Ledger's Joker isn't going to be fun at all, you know? Like they've been saying, "its more about his eyes than his laugh"...but really, we all know its the laugh that solidifies this character.

i thought Ledger's laugh in the trailer, although cut short, was alright, it was not what i expected and i never knew Ledger could pull off a laugh that high, i wanted a voice similar to mark hamills but you know...

But there are even moments in the animated series where Joker is getting his ass kicked by batman and how batman never dies, there are moments where Joker "laughs" but is really pissed off and hamill demonstrates that

That might explain why Ledger's Joker sounds like he isnt going to be much fun. But then again, the Joker's having the fun and we're not sick minded the way he is.

NoFate007
There's a clip of a longer laugh?

tlbauerle
There was....but it was imbedded in a flash and I didn't have way to save or download it.

Rafkins_Warning

EXACTLY!!!

Finally! Someone else with my feelings towards the trailer and Ledger's performance/voice... not to mention the pictures I have seen of him so far... bright pink/orange smile and his hair is brown with lime green highlights....................... just awful! no

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
EXACTLY!!!

Finally! Someone else with my feelings towards the trailer and Ledger's performance/voice... not to mention the pictures I have seen of him so far... bright pink/orange smile and his hair is brown with lime green highlights....................... just awful! no
It might work in the context of the movie but I am skeptical as of right now. The Joker is always fun in a psychotic and sadistic way. This one seems to be far more serious. I wonder if he will even be allowed to do anything truly theatrical and zany? sad

Alfheim
EXACTLY!!!

So what and Ras Al Ghul was Caucasian not Arab you dont expect the characters to look exactly like the comic book characters. What exactly is wrong with his voice, what did you expect?

It might work in the context of the movie but I am skeptical as of right now. The Joker is always fun in a psychotic and sadistic way. This one seems to be far more serious. I wonder if he will even be allowed to do anything truly theatrical and zany? sad

Well heres the problem. I liked Burtons Joker but I just couldnt take him serioulsy. The Joker is a pychotic murderer and eventhough he can be funny his evil should instill fear.

It seems what Nolan is trying to do is trying to make him funny but at the same time instill a sense of dread.

AstroFan
I like Heath's voice, when you think about it, his voice should sound a little F'D up from havng his face cut open. lol

peejay88
I'm happy with everything so far that i've seen/heard on the whole except little things that bug me such as The Joker wearing white make up rather than being 'bleached' by acid, i can't help but be bothered by things like this but they don't ruin the movie so everyone should just watch the movie and roll with it, im sure the character WILL be there.

Alfheim
Originally posted by peejay88
I'm happy with everything so far that i've seen/heard on the whole except little things that bug me such as The Joker wearing white make up rather than being 'bleached' by acid,

Yeah that is a bit of a bummer.

grey fox
I think I found another trailer , it was on youtube and (while there were a lot of fanmade ones clogging the place up) this one say's it's 'leaked' and does look like it....

0OEtbNxAGaw

Thoughts ?

Alfheim
Meh cant get it to work!

Alfheim
Ok looked it up on youtube myself. All I can say is im not sure....there are alot of fake trailers going around.

peejay88
Originally posted by grey fox
I think I found another trailer , it was on youtube and (while there were a lot of fanmade ones clogging the place up) this one say's it's 'leaked' and does look like it....

0OEtbNxAGaw

Thoughts ?

I'd say it's fake but the Dark Knight logo at the end is well done. The trailer doesn't feature the Joker Card thats featured at the end of begins/whysoserious website though and the speech sounds "fan-made"

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah that is a bit of a bummer.
It is but we must have realism, mustn't we? But like I said I'm still opened minded but things are bugging me no doubt. wink

NoFate007
Originally posted by AstroFan
I like Heath's voice, when you think about it, his voice should sound a little F'D up from havng his face cut open. lol

Is he even cut? I can't tell. It doesn't look like he has anything wrong with his face whatsoever and that he just put on lots of eye makeup for the dark circles, white makeup for his face, and lipstick for his lips. I don't see any cuts or anything.

Il.Mozalini
Is he even cut? I can't tell. It doesn't look like he has anything wrong with his face whatsoever and that he just put on lots of eye makeup for the dark circles, white makeup for his face, and lipstick for his lips. I don't see any cuts or anything.

There is obvious facial scarring in the picture of him holding a knife to Maggie Gyllenhaal. And I LOVE the fact that he puts make-up on instead of being scarred by acid. It's a lot less stupid that way.

SelinaAndBruce
There is obvious facial scarring in the picture of him holding a knife to Maggie Gyllenhaal. And I LOVE the fact that he puts make-up on instead of being scarred by acid. It's a lot less stupid that way.
sad

I think him putting on a bunch of makeup makes him lame. I like the idea that he was disfigured that way not that he actually likes dressing up like a clown

Rafkins_Warning
So what and Ras Al Ghul was Caucasian not Arab you dont expect the characters to look exactly like the comic book characters. What exactly is wrong with his voice, what did you expect?

Um... that is what the casting director's job is... to put the best actor for the role in that role... the director should try and find someone who best fits the role, not someone who is popular at the moment, even if they chose them because they are a wonderful actor (as Liam Neeson was) doesn't necessarily mean they will still fit that role properly.

I thought Cillian Murphy did a great acting job as the Scarecrow, but I still do not see him as Jonathan Crane, he was too young and too short, LOL!

And Michael Caine will never be Alfred to me... once again, great actor but not right for the role... as was Tom Wilkinson... I mean come on, he's British not Italian!

There just seems to be a HUGE problem with Nolan and his casting choices when it comes to this franchise to me.

peejay88
Um... that is what the casting director's job is... to put the best actor for the role in that role... the director should try and find someone who best fits the role, not someone who is popular at the moment, even if they chose them because they are a wonderful actor (as Liam Neeson was) doesn't necessarily mean they will still fit that role properly.

I thought Cillian Murphy did a great acting job as the Scarecrow, but I still do not see him as Jonathan Crane, he was too young and too short, LOL!

And Michael Caine will never be Alfred to me... once again, great actor but not right for the role... as was Tom Wilkinson... I mean come on, he's British not Italian!

There just seems to be a HUGE problem with Nolan and his casting choices when it comes to this franchise to me.

Yeah Alfred's a cockney in Nolans world, i can imagine him saying "orwight Guv'nor" to Bruce like Bart Simpson does. "Kippers for breakfast Aunt Helga"

Il.Mozalini
sad

I think him putting on a bunch of makeup makes him lame. I like the idea that he was disfigured that way not that he actually likes dressing up like a clown

I like how him putting on make-up has to do with his state of mind, not some freakish accident. I think the fact that he dresses like a clown all the time adds to his madness.

Bat Dude
I like how him putting on make-up has to do with his state of mind, not some freakish accident. I think the fact that he dresses like a clown all the time adds to his madness.

That makes a lot of sense... Good point...

DarthLazious
So when does it come out?

SelinaAndBruce
I think it's lame and it should stay the way it's supposed to be. The Joker is the Joker because of an accident and his appearance is a part of that one bad day he had.

What's next? Two face is just gonna tape a mardi gras mask to the other side of his face to demonstrate his madness? I mean is it REALLY that much for them to make the Joker look like that as apart of his accident? It's just another thing Nolan is changing to make Batman more "real" and I personally think it's lame because there is no real reason to do it. Joker was a psycho without having to put on lipstick and makeup every morning.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DarthLazious
So when does it come out?

The Dark Knight comes out next July 18

Myth
What the heck, I can't see the whole trailer. On the good quality trailer, it stops half way through, right before Joker speaks, so I still haven't heard the good quality of his voice.

Il.Mozalini
I think it's lame and it should stay the way it's supposed to be. The Joker is the Joker because of an accident and his appearance is a part of that one bad day he had.

What's next? Two face is just gonna tape a mardi gras mask to the other side of his face to demonstrate his madness? I mean is it REALLY that much for them to make the Joker look like that as apart of his accident? It's just another thing Nolan is changing to make Batman more "real" and I personally think it's lame because there is no real reason to do it. Joker was a psycho without having to put on lipstick and makeup every morning.

Two-Face and Joker's situations are VASTLY different, so don't compare the two. THEY ALREADY DID THE WHOLE "Joker's face was messed up as part of an accident' AND IT DID NOT WORK AND WAS LAME! You've got to allow them a shot at changing it a TINY bit. Other wise, DON'T watch the movie and DON'T go to any message boards to ***** about it.

NoFate007
That's not changing it a "tiny" bit, though. That's changing it a lot. The Joker in the comics is a tall, thin, lanky guy with pointy facial features, permanently dyed green hair and permanently dyed white skin. This Joker has a round face, normal features, isn't thin and lanky, doesn't have permanently dyed green hair or permanently dyed white skin, AND has a different style smile concept. There are a lot of things you can compare it to. The Joker's look is the Joker's look...you can't deny that. Its one of those things that makes the character. You know full well that if Nolan decided that Batman should have a blue cowl and everything else should be black, you'd be annoyed at it, so its the same situation. Some things obviously can be changed when going through different media, but there are some things that go against the character. If Spider-Man's eye lenses were squares, don't you think Spider-Man fans would be pissed? If Hulk was blue or Superman had red hair? See what I mean? The Joker is close enough to the Joker that people will know its supposed to be that character, but it isn't close enough that fans of the character aren't justified in being upset about the changes. The Joker using makeup to cover up the fact that he's a normal thug, in a way, simplifies his character and makes him less of a grandiose villain that has become easily the most well known villain in comics. Do you know where I'm getting at? Some little changes could easily be overlooked, but he's changed a lot, and although I LOOOOVED Batman Begins and I have no doubt in my mind that its the best comic book film to date, I'm having a tough time justifying his choices for The Joker in this one.

Il.Mozalini
Well, tiny-bit or not, it adds another dimension to the character, I think, for the better.

Superherovandal
Well, tiny-bit or not, it adds another dimension to the character, I think, for the better. how much more dimension does the the guy need. He's already Batman's most devious, infamous, insane, beloved (by the fans) and most evil of all Batman's villains. Seriously the Joker in B:TAS was phenomenal and had plenty of depth and he had the whole accident.

SelinaAndBruce
That's not changing it a "tiny" bit, though. That's changing it a lot. The Joker in the comics is a tall, thin, lanky guy with pointy facial features, permanently dyed green hair and permanently dyed white skin. This Joker has a round face, normal features, isn't thin and lanky, doesn't have permanently dyed green hair or permanently dyed white skin, AND has a different style smile concept. There are a lot of things you can compare it to. The Joker's look is the Joker's look...you can't deny that. Its one of those things that makes the character. You know full well that if Nolan decided that Batman should have a blue cowl and everything else should be black, you'd be annoyed at it, so its the same situation. Some things obviously can be changed when going through different media, but there are some things that go against the character. If Spider-Man's eye lenses were squares, don't you think Spider-Man fans would be pissed? If Hulk was blue or Superman had red hair? See what I mean? The Joker is close enough to the Joker that people will know its supposed to be that character, but it isn't close enough that fans of the character aren't justified in being upset about the changes. The Joker using makeup to cover up the fact that he's a normal thug, in a way, simplifies his character and makes him less of a grandiose villain that has become easily the most well known villain in comics. Do you know where I'm getting at? Some little changes could easily be overlooked, but he's changed a lot, and although I LOOOOVED Batman Begins and I have no doubt in my mind that its the best comic book film to date, I'm having a tough time justifying his choices for The Joker in this one.
This is exactly what I am talking about right here. You are dead on. I love Batman Begins as well despite the fact I think they raped the Ras character but to do this to the Joker, IMO takes away some of who the character is. I'm bothered by it and I am surprised more Nolanites are not since they have always trumpeted how accurate his films are. This is Batman's most infamous villain I don't want him changed that much.

SelinaAndBruce
Two-Face and Joker's situations are VASTLY different, so don't compare the two. THEY ALREADY DID THE WHOLE "Joker's face was messed up as part of an accident' AND IT DID NOT WORK AND WAS LAME! You've got to allow them a shot at changing it a TINY bit. Other wise, DON'T watch the movie and DON'T go to any message boards to ***** about it.
I'm not comparing the two characters I am talking about what Nolan is doing to the Joker I don't think is a good idea and I am showing how if you applied a similar concept to another character it STILL sounds ridiculous.

The Joker's face being messed up in an accident I think is one of the things that Batman I did very well especially with them having him have to put ON makeup to cover what he really looked like up. Plus I think the infamous mirror scene is stand out.

But I don't even need all of that in TDK I just need the Joker to have permanent scarring and not be a diva clown who dies his hair and puts on makeup everyday. That is lame.

I'm also kind of bugged about the rumor that Joker is the one who scars Harvey creating Two face.

Superherovandal
This is exactly what I am talking about right here. You are dead on. I love Batman Begins as well despite the fact I think they raped the Ras character but to do this to the Joker, IMO takes away some of who the character is. I'm bothered by it and I am surprised more Nolanites are not since they have always trumpeted how accurate his films are. This is Batman's most infamous villain I don't want him changed that much. Well it would be kinda not realistic if he had included the Lazarus Pits and the immortal man...

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Well it would be kinda not realistic if he had included the Lazarus Pits and the immortal man...
I didn't need the Lazarus pit but I didn't need him as a trainer for Bruce either.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I didn't need the Lazarus pit but I didn't need him as a trainer for Bruce either.

I did not have a problem with Ra's training Bruce.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I did not have a problem with Ra's training Bruce.
I viewed it as though I was a person who didn't know much about Batman and it did not take me out of the movie I think it worked in the context of the movie but I do not think it did the character any favors.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I viewed it as though I was a person who didn't know much about Batman and it did not take me out of the movie I think it worked in the context of the movie but I do not think it did the character any favors.

It worked very well for the movie and served as a great prologue for the film.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
It worked very well for the movie and served as a great prologue for the film.
Yeah it was fine for the film but I don't think it did the character overall any favors.

Joker1237
Ten years down the road there will be Nolan hate for ruining the film. I agree this is 2 much change for the Joker. I like old school. Its just not Joker. The comic Joker would perhaps view this as a disgrace for how he is being shown here.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Joker1237
Ten years down the road there will be Nolan hate for ruining the film. I agree this is 2 much change for the Joker. I like old school. Its just not Joker. The comic Joker would perhaps view this as a disgrace for how he is being shown here.

I won't be the one hatin'. Besides in todays world you must allow for change. What worked when I was a child was fine. What worked for Tim Burton was fine. What is working for Chris Nolan will be a helluva lot better.

Joker1237
Ok in the next installment, lets have Bruce Wayne's brother died, and not his parents. Change.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Umm... cool?

I like that we got some new audio and a logo.... but really that needed to have a closing image of the Joker.

Ok for a Teaser, better as just an anouncement trailer... like they did with Transformers.

agreed.could not have said it better.

starlock
Getting bad vibes for this film, i will always go in open minded, but i unlike others did not think the first one was all that

Alfheim
Originally posted by starlock
Getting bad vibes for this film, i will always go in open minded, but i unlike others did not think the first one was all that

BOOOOO!!!!!!!! angrymob

sithsaber408
Batman Begins was mint.

This one will be too.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Batman Begins was mint.

This one will be too.

What do you mean? In two weeks I'll be seeing the the teaser trailer and the first 6 minutes of The Dark Knight.

SelinaAndBruce
I just saw the trailer. Still not happy with the same stuff but still going to see it to give it a chance. Overall the trailer to me didn't feel as exciting as I would hope and the Joker still looks like a reject from Twisted Metal.

FistOfThe North
The best Batman movie poster yet. (The Dark Knight)

http://screenrant.com/archives/the-dark-knight-imax-preview-t-1202.html

JediSamuraiMRB
Just watched the trailer in high def....OMG This is one the best trailers I've seen in a long time.

Xplosive
http://www.drfoster.f2s.com/

Here you can download on HD.

Alfheim
I just saw the trailer. Still not happy with the same stuff but still going to see it to give it a chance. Overall the trailer to me didn't feel as exciting as I would hope and the Joker still looks like a reject from Twisted Metal.

Is your beef that you want the guys to be sexully attractive and you dont like dirty guys?

SelinaAndBruce
Is your beef that you want the guys to be sexully attractive and you dont like dirty guys?
I just want him to look something like my favorite comic book villain not some bastardized Nolan wet dream of him

WrathfulDwarf
Great trailer!

I give Ledger a perfect 10 for such a sinister and wicked laughter. thumb up

FistOfThe North
As annoying as alot of people may find my doing this I figure i'd put this post here too cause i is "new TDK trailer" relevant. It's on the Jokers' look/thread to cause it "Joker's look" relevant too.

Sry, just passionate about the topic, and someone else may've missed it.

Having Heath play him helped make me think so also. Know why? Cause I saw something special in Heath playing the Joker while watching the trailer. Nowadays not alot of actors really get into a character as passionately and almost obsessively. With Heath, he seemingly does that and so genuinely well too. It t like he's in the zone playing as the Joker. And that's what gonna make him great as the Joker whom is a highly passionate and extremely emotional villain. And you'd need an actor with real talent to be that way and do it right. And Heath does that. The grungy look makes it all just better cause it adds that real world appeal.

I'm glad Heath was pick. He's a good actor after all He's gonna pull the role perfectly from doing the anit-social like maniacal mannerism associated with the Joker to acting twitchy to the voice to the wit. He just has the of the essence of the Joker down pat to perfection, from what i've seen in the trailer. Like I loved the bazooka shot. Just before pulling the trigger, he seemed upset as if he was trying to aim without looking into the aim, then he looked into the aim with one eye closed with the side of his mouth wide open, then after he shoots he gets startled backs his head away from the weapon with a disgruntled look, with his henchmen behind him. Beautiful and so joker like.

Loved when he was spraying that mach. gun at an approaching Batman/motorcycle while yelling/growling "C'mon Hit Me! That was pure art.

So thumbs up for the look, the actor, and his casting director.

tlbauerle
I agree...that shot firing the RPG and the scene of Joker leaning out the window of the police car are incredible images. This Joker will be incredible.

@st
I love the shots of Joker in jail, I can just imagine all those people gathered around are taunting him. And then when they show him clapping, you know something is about to go down.

Devil King
I just want him to look something like my favorite comic book villain not some bastardized Nolan wet dream of him

But whose wet dream are you really upset about?

Kainreaver
Yes. My FAVORITE scene is when ye says "Common, HIT ME"! When Batman blows by him on the Bike...The Joker doesnt even flinch. No fear whatsoever. Because The Joker knows, if batman kills him, He (The Joker) wins...Because he would have gotten Batman to break his 1 rule. His rule of not killing abybody.

wuTa
Loved the trailer. Ledger looked awesome, his laugh, the looks he gives, his voice. It looks as if he really captured the Joker. Can't way until the summer.

Korosan
What was the main song playing the trailer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.