Star Wars Lost Intro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyPTM2FJgA&mode=related&search=

this actually explains alot

Marxman
Is this for real? Because I don't see why they would keep something like this out of the movies. Even if they took it out for the theatrical version I would see them at least putting it back in for the DVDs.

Cibernite
This sequence is on a DVD called Star Wars Deleted Magic. I have the DVD and I know for sure that scene is on there. There are also Evidence of this on other sites as well.

queeq
It's not new. I don't think I ever heard the sound on te first sequence though, of Luke alone in the desert.

Mind you, the opening sequence of the attack of the Tantive IV was always meant to be first... and then Luke in the desert. Then cut back to the action in space and then back to Biggs and Luke.

Honestly, I don't think it would have worked, the beginning would have been extremely slow. They were wise to cut these scenes.

vintageSW77
a slow start would have been fitting with comes later with the prequels
TPM and ROTS first 20 mins are excruciatingly slow,messy and very back and forth

nice hat though

MasterAshenVor
it was actually pretty good except for the first 3 or 4 minutes but when he meets Biggs it turns out good.

JediRobin23
I finally understand why in Ep IV when Luke speaks to Biggs right before the death star assault. Beofre, it was like, who the hell is this guy?? what the hell are they talking about??

As a matter of fact, this scene wasn't released until the special edition. Anyway, I totally agree that it was wise not to use this footage.

vintageSW77
i hope that it gets put back in there one day
i have a soft spot for that footage as it was featured in the orig Marvel comic way back and i always feel like were missing something

Melcórë
Its in the novelization, as well. I've seen it a few times - I'm glad it was cut, along with Toshi Station.

MasterAshenVor
im not it gives Biggs and Luke more Substance JUST GET RID OF THE HAT AND THE DROID U FIRST SEE AND ITS GREAT....and the bad graphics lol

mossman
Originally posted by queeq
It's not new. I don't think I ever heard the sound on te first sequence though, of Luke alone in the desert.

The dialogue on the Treadwell scene actually comes from the Radio Dramatization and was spliced on by a fan - the real audio track, if it still exists, has never been publically released.

queeq
Ah right...

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I finally understand why in Ep IV when Luke speaks to Biggs right before the death star assault. Beofre, it was like, who the hell is this guy?? what the hell are they talking about??

As a matter of fact, this scene wasn't released until the special edition. Anyway, I totally agree that it was wise not to use this footage.

Luke mentions Biggs when he's arguing with Uncle Owen.

General G
Never saw that before...

queeq
Strange.... it's been out for fans for years and years now. On Youtube it's there and it came out on the Behind the Magic CD-ROM years ago.

General G
I don't visit youtube that often.

Alliance
I'm glad they cut that.

General G
Indeed.

Alliance
It just adds more hippy crap.

queeq
Yup.

General G
Maybe Lucas was a hippy?

queeq
Doubt it.

General G
Me too, just a thought.

Alliance
He was, and then he made the PT and showed he could think...

...unlike hippys.

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
lol

queeq
So now we all laugh.

General G
Funny comment by Alliance.

queeq
Waiting for it.

General G
For another one?

queeq
Always.

General G
I thought it was only once in a while.

queeq
Well... closing now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.