Do you really think you'd get JUSTICE out of the court system?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Do you really believe the court system has your best interests in mind when you go to court? Do you believe that all the evidence is looked at unbiased and not tampered with.

Bottom line; do you believe the US court system defends the innocent, or defends their pockets. If you were caught in the system what would you expect to happen.

Do you think that our court system has gotten better or worse over time..

Creshosk
I went through the system twice. Both times things turned out for the best. And both those times were more or less the way I wanted them to go. *shrugs*

JesusTheChrist
Originally posted by debbiejo
Do you really believe the court system has your best interests in mind when you go to court? Do you believe that all the evidence is looked at unbiased and not tampered with.

Bottom line; do you believe the US court system defends the innocent, or defends their pockets. If you were caught in the system what would you expect to happen.

Depends where you are.

Zahria
I think most of the time if your in the right, things can turn out good. But I do know of at least one person who accused and convicted of a crime he didn't do. But that was all a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

PITT_HAPPENS
Well it is not a court of justice but law and if it happens to be in your favor than yes but that is not the intent.

Fishy
Mistakes are made, sometimes cops do them on purpose sometimes judges ignore evidence. But I think in general that the justice system still works.

debbiejo
Well as it stands here, it's not about proving someone did an evil, and what is good or bad, but Did they actually break any laws. Nothing more and nothing less....yet, there seems to be much bias in this country along with the good ol boys club of "You do me a favor, and then I'll do you one the next time."
It's sad really, what it has become. It seems to be the same old story of it's not what you know, but WHO you know...fortunately there is the Court of Appeals.

The News paper are full of stores lately in regards to judges being disciplined and centured. It seems to be an epidemic's here. Anyone else notice this?

PITT_HAPPENS

debbiejo
Then what should be done with Judges who don't follow procedural law, though it's not really a law. You cannot sue a judge.....so me thinks we should bomb them... evil face

In other words, what can we do to stop judges who cannot be sued and be accountable for breaking laws.

Fishy
Well as it stands here, it's not about proving someone did an evil, and what is good or bad, but Did they actually break any laws. Nothing more and nothing less....yet, there seems to be much bias in this country along with the good ol boys club of "You do me a favor, and then I'll do you one the next time."
It's sad really, what it has become. It seems to be the same old story of it's not what you know, but WHO you know...fortunately there is the Court of Appeals.

The News paper are full of stores lately in regards to judges being disciplined and centured. It seems to be an epidemic's here. Anyone else notice this?

Of course that shit happens, happens everywhere, it doesn't happen in large scale however so in general justice system still works.

And of course justice isn't about good or evil, it's about breaking the law or not. Sometimes that means people who did something that most people would consider morally right will still go to jail, just because that person broke the law, and breaking the law is illegal. The law can't judge people based on moral believes, it judges people based on the law.

PITT_HAPPENS

debbiejo
And you don't think that's corrupt also? There is no one watching the hen house. Sooooo what can a person do besides lobby.

Oh, and it's called the Judaical commissary board. It's supposed to be a board of ethics based on the Model Rules as stated by the American Bar Association. Governed by guess who?

FistOfThe North
I think you'd get more of a chance or more leniency in court if you're a White person over a Black person charged with the same crime.

And that's a step up. As little as 50 years ago, you'd probably have a 90% chance of getting off if you were White, especially in the South, especially if the crime was against a Black person, especially if it was a Black man or boy, especially if the White person was prominent, which was highly likely.

PITT_HAPPENS

ragesRemorse

the courts look at and considers everything your lawyer provides. As broken as the system may be you have a good shot of landing justice. It is less about evidence and more about your lawyer

Marxman
In the courts of law they should show love at the door. Don't want to sound rude, but I like a kiss before getting screwed. Behind these walls guilt and innocence are bought and sold. Pawns of the system hide behind shields and robes. Where there should be no distinction between king and peasant, justice pretends to be blind....be God isn't.

Quiero Mota

No. Piece of shit lawyers care far more about their victory count then actual justice. Prosecutors, mainly.

Q: Why don't sharks attack lawyers?

A: Professional courtesy.

debbiejo
^^ LOL. It's all about money, and wins.

Originally posted by Marxman
In the courts of law they should show love at the door. Don't want to sound rude, but I like a kiss before getting screwed. Behind these walls guilt and innocence are bought and sold. Pawns of the system hide behind shields and robes. Where there should be no distinction between king and peasant, justice pretends to be blind....be God isn't. Good post.

Another thing I always thought was rude about the court system is if someone was thought to of comitted a very small crime, then procecutors jack it up knowing it would scare the defendent to plea bargin on a crime they never comitted in the first place.

There are a lot of innocent people in jail because of this.

Rogue Jedi
Good post. GREAT post.

ADarksideJedi

It really depends on the case.If the person is really guity then that is fine whatever.If not then that is pretty bad and it is the Goverment that made that mistake.jm smile

chithappens
It's all about money or prestige. Anyone can get off with enough money. Anyone can get off with enough prestige (how Bush has not at the very least been impeached is ****ing incredible to me).

As a black male, I fear cops. Grew up in an area where 911 was really a joke. Past affects how I see them today; can't really help that at all.

Observation tells me just to not even give them a chance to decide my fate.

FistOfThe North
"How hypocritical is Liberty..
That blind b*tch ain't never did sh*t for me"

- 2Pac

From the song "(My) Letter to the President"

sailormoon
Well, I'd say over all the court system has improved. But I'd say it depends on the specific court and judge.

Creshosk
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"How hypocritical is Liberty..
That blind b*tch ain't never did sh*t for me"

- 2Pac

From the song "(My) Letter to the President" Then 2pac was an ungrateful moron as well if he was serious.

debbiejo
Too many deals and favors. Too many court officers looking the other way. And I do agree with someone on here that mentioned that many people are conditioned to be fearful of the police. Many people are judged by ethnic groups. It's usually better to go for a Jury trial then depend on a Judge to make a call.

chithappens
Originally posted by Creshosk
Then 2pac was an ungrateful moron as well if he was serious.

You have got to break that one down to me

debbiejo
There are many rogue judges. They should automatically be replaced after a determined period of years, or go through some of the requirements of other countries. I like the requirements the Australian judges have to go through.

Charmed_Phoebe
There are many rogue judges. They should automatically be replaced after a determined period of years, or go through some of the requirements of other countries. I like the requirements the Australian judges have to go through.

I love Australia lets move there sissy! eek!
After seeing what you went through with the court and are still going through it, I no longer believe it is just. It scares me, how corrupt everything really is! sad

debbiejo
Originally posted by Charmed_Phoebe
I love Australia lets move there sissy! eek!

OKAY! big grin

Charmed_Phoebe
OKAY! big grin

yea steve IRWIN!!!! We can go to his zoo! Forget America and its corrupt court system!

Creshosk
Umm...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22209032-5006003,00.html

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by Creshosk
Umm...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22209032-5006003,00.html

ummm thats just freaking sick! sick

debbiejo
I'll tell you all something, if anyone I know votes Republican, I'm gonna come over there and slap ya. Do you know how much they have chained the hands of the people, courts and people? They have taken so many rights away from the people. It'll take another 50 years to get it back where it should be, at least in Michigan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.