Daredevil Annual #1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil_Ash

NiņoAraņa
wow....DD taken out by the flu. no expression

willRules

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by willRules
The cover? I'm more concerned about the storyline, the cover looks fantastic yes

The art is good... but the fact that it looks like Daredevil is going to beat the crap out of BT.... erm

willRules
That's true.....I mean after the titanic battle between him and Spidey, for DD (As badass as he is) to take him down is a little far fetched. Hopefully there will be a reasonable explanation yes

AcousticDoc
How strong is Black tarantula anyways? Wiki doesn't list the exact amounts.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by AcousticDoc

Damn nevermind I checked marvel's site and they have him listed as a 25 ton character! With Luke cage like skin and a healing factor!!! DD gonna get his ass beat!

willRules

Put it this way, Black tarantula once wanted to go after his son who was in a mansion, in the same room and MJ. He broke through the mansion taking down everyone. Spidey tried to stop him and after a truly titanic fight Spidey, still wasn't a bale to stop him but Tarantula changed his mind and left as Spidey collapsed from exhaustion/injuries yes He's unstoppable, Juggernaut style yes

Evil_Ash
Put it this way, Black tarantula once wanted to go after his son who was in a mansion, in the same room and MJ. He broke through the mansion taking down everyone. Spidey tried to stop him and after a truly titanic fight Spidey, still wasn't a bale to stop him but Tarantula changed his mind and left as Spidey collapsed from exhaustion/injuries yes He's unstoppable, Juggernaut style yes

Spider-Man couldn't even bruise him...

willRules
It's a fantastic fight yes

Jack Harkness
It's a fantastic fight yes I hate to do this but: Any scans of the fight...if its happened already.

AcousticDoc
How do punches from DD hurt people like Black Tarantula and Mr. Hyde?

willRules
He's Daredevil, the blind badass yes

Skeets
How do punches from DD hurt people like Black Tarantula and Mr. Hyde?
In comics Punches > Everything else.
Durability and invulnerability only helps you against big explosions,not from a right hook,from a karate expert....

Alfheim
Originally posted by Skeets
In comics Punches > Everything else.
Durability and invulnerability only helps you against big explosions,not from a right hook,from a karate expert....

Plus his radar sense enables him to find weak spots better than others. He was able to smash a weak point in a diamond absorbing man.

jinzin
yeah with his senses he can kill you with a punch placed during the right point of your heart pumping...

he can also use his billy club to strangle BT.

pressure points to take him out.

but maybe he'll just get his ass beat.

Alfheim
Originally posted by jinzin
yeah with his senses he can kill you with a punch placed during the right point of your heart pumping...

he can also use his billy club to strangle BT.

pressure points to take him out.

but maybe he'll just get his ass beat.

hey hey hey, how on earth is he gonna strangle BT? Doesnt BT ahve energy vision as well?

jinzin
get behind him and use the cord of his billy club to wrap around BT's neck..
It held Spidey momentarily I'm sure it would be sufficient in strangling him.. I mean if stranglation can work on Cyber. erm

Yeah he does have lazers shoot out his eyes.

Alfheim
get behind him and use the cord of his billy club to wrap around BT's neck..
It held Spidey momentarily I'm sure it would be sufficient in strangling him.. I mean if stranglation can work on Cyber. erm

Yeah he does have lazers shoot out his eyes.

Yeah but his skin is bulletproof. His skin and muscles are so tough DDs strength and cable shouldnt be able to put any pressure on the neck.

P.S. I cant stop saying im a man of my wwwwword. Completely irrelevant but there you go.

jinzin
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah but his skin is bulletproof. His skin and muscles are so tough DDs strength and cable shouldnt be able to put any pressure on the neck. Wouldn't you think the same to be true for cyber though? Things didn't work out so hot for him though.

P.S. I cant stop saying im a man of my wwwwword. Completely irrelevant but there you go.
eek!
i can't believe that's his voice! Ledger usually has such a deep voice I couldn't even imagine it to work for that character, but man he sounded creepy, great teaser, I wasn't excited before, now I can't wait.

Alfheim
Wouldn't you think the same to be true for cyber though? Things didn't work out so hot for him though.

What the same **** happened to him....damn now thats just got to be....I dunno..meh.

eek!
i can't believe that's his voice! Ledger usually has such a deep voice I couldn't even imagine it to work for that character, but man he sounded creepy, great teaser, I wasn't excited before, now I can't wait.

Yeah and still some people were b*tching about his voice. I dont know what they expected. I-Im a man of my wwwwword.

bluenuts

manofmywordmanofmywordmanofmyword.

Jack Harkness
Am I the only one that wants to play Marvel Nemesis and be DD and woop class 100s every time I see that cover.

jinzin
Well I really wasn't on board for his cast as that role but then someone said something about how creepy his smile looked when his teeth were all inked up in the patriot, and I thought.. hmmm maybe he can pul this off... I mean he is a good proffessional actor, but with the recent pics, and the teaser, he may prove himself to be the man for the job.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Jack Harkness
Am I the only one that wants to play Marvel Nemesis and be DD and woop class 100s every time I see that cover.

Maybe....but I got a better question. Would you like to be:

a) A man of your word?

OR

b) A man of your wwwwwwwword?

Well I really wasn't on board for his cast as that role but then someone said something about how creepy his smile looked when his teeth were all inked up in the patriot, and I thought.. hmmm maybe he can pul this off... I mean he is a good proffessional actor, but with the recent pics, and the teaser, he may prove himself to be the man for the job.

........man of your word?

jinzin
man of my wwwwword

Alfheim
man of my wwwwword

eek! Its contagious! laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Black Tarantula is a chump, Bullseye kicked his ass in a few panels. He should stick to fighting pussys like Spider-man, because Daredevil is going to kick his ass. evil face

willRules

I have that game for gamecube and that's all I do, play as someone like DD and just take down Thing or Iron-man yes

willRules
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Black Tarantula is a chump, Bullseye kicked his ass in a few panels. He should stick to fighting pussys like Spider-man, because Daredevil is going to kick his ass. evil face

When did Bullseye take down Black Tarantula?

Evil_Ash
When did Bullseye take down Black Tarantula?

He threw a card in his chest. no expression

Alfheim
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Now thats got to be PIS. What the **** was he doing in a regular jail anyway. Dont they send superhumans to the Vault?

willRules
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
He threw a card in his chest. no expression

Really? the same Black tarantula who Spidey fought to a standstill or the original Tarantula? Cos I could understand the original, but the new one..... erm

Evil_Ash
Now thats got to be PIS. What the **** was he doing in a regular jail anyway. Dont they send superhumans to the Vault?

Not to mention that his characterization was crap... Black Tarantula was a noble and honorable warrior... this Black Tarantula in jail acted like a f*ckin' junkie, and even looked like one....

I think it's safe to assume that the writer confused him with this guy no expression

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/ASM134Cover.jpg

willRules
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Not to mention that his characterization was crap... Black Tarantula was a noble and honorable warrior... this Black Tarantula in jail acted like a f*ckin' junkie, and even looked like one....

I think it's safe to assume that the writer confused him with this guy no expression

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/ASM134Cover.jpg

Did Bullseye take down this Tarantula or the other one???????

Evil_Ash
Did Bullseye take down this Tarantula or the other one???????

The guy on that cover is simply called "Tarantula".

The one who was, uh, taken down by Bullseye is "Black Tarantula". stick out tongue

Tyrant
Ha.
Bullseye took him down with a card placed about half an inch in his back (or maybe chest, not sure).

Awesome... awesome to the max.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Tyrant
Ha.
Bullseye took him down with a card placed about half an inch in his back (or maybe chest, not sure).

Awesome... awesome to the max.

Uh yeah the guy has 25 tons trength, bulletproof skin and can shoot energy out of his eyes, and this guy beat Spiderman like a chump. Please explain how the **** Bullseye takes somebody like that out with that ease? Utter Bullocks, sometimes writers have no respect for a characters history they just come along and totally **** the **** up.

Jack Harkness
I have that game for gamecube and that's all I do, play as someone like DD and just take down Thing or Iron-man yes Thats about right. stick out tongue

Spidey is no pussy.

He kicks Logans ass. shifty

grey fox
Can someone explain whats with this 'Im a man of my wwwwwword ' , thing is all about ?

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Can someone explain whats with this 'Im a man of my wwwwwword ' , thing is all about ?

No. no expression Thou art not a fan of Batman.

grey fox
No. no expression Thou art not a fan of Batman.

Begins or Burtons ?

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Begins or Burtons ?

Both, well anyway its a quote from The Joker in a teaser trailer.

"Starting tonight people will die, im a man of my wwwwword......hahahahahahhaha!"

Jack Harkness
Need teaser!! Need to see Joker!!1

Alfheim
Need teaser!! Need to see Joker!!1

Go to the Batman forum.

Bad Ash231
Thank God.

The cover was misleading.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/BTOneShotDD.png

Unfortunately, Black Tarantula is still completely out of character....

Citizen V
Ha.

The out of character BT is still a pretty interesting character IMO, I'd of loved to see him stay on at Matt's lawsuit and work as a parole officer or something.

And yes, it was explained that whilst he was in prison they'd given him pills that neutered his powers.

willRules
eek! I gotta get this issue........

jrodslam
In DD's defense, he was still under the weather and his senses and reflexes were off. Im sure theyll run into each other again and the end result will be different.yes

Alfheim
Originally posted by jrodslam
In DD's defense, he was still under the weather and his senses and reflexes were off. Im sure theyll run into each other again and the end result will be different.yes

Even if his radar sense was working I dont see him doing much better than Spiderman. Hell Spiderman could have killed DD on many ocassions.

Bad Ash231
Something I got from HeroChat http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,155060.msg2531449.html#new.

Here are Brubaker's direct responses to similar complaints other BT fans had about his portrayal in both the annual and the previous DD storyline:

Response to BT's appearance in the prison arc, addressing complaints about BT's abilities and speech pattern:

"I really hate to sound like a broken record these days, but people really need to read the comics closer. It says the very first time we see Carlos in Rykers that he's at the med lab for his weekly shot to make sure his powers DON'T WORK. He's being kept in line by the authorities.

"As for his speech pattern being different, most people who spend a few years in prison talk differently there then on the outside, as I said a long time back. It's got its own dialect, and as a gangleader in there, he'd want to sound like his people expect him to, especially since he's drugged and has no powers. The fact that he took Bullseye on with just normal human strength shows nothing but his heart and guts."

Response to complaints about the Annual:

"Complaints about BT having at some point been a ganglord or "kingpin" type of crime lord to Hispanic gangbangers before his time in Rykers, while nit-picky, are at least valid. Yeah, we added that into his history for this story. But I feel it fits okay with the idea that he came from South America to build an empire in the US, so I'm fine with it, personally.

"Complaints about his lack of powers in DD or the way he talks have already been addressed and explained, in detail, and to me, are not really valid complaints.

"Complaints that his family history was ignored, though, is the kind of fanboy stuff that can be really tiring. Just because a part of a character's history isn't mentioned doesn't mean it's being ignored. This story wasn't about Carlos family, it was about him seeing the world in a different light after years in prison, without the use of his special powers.

"Maybe in future stories, his history will be more relevant, but that's not what this one was about.

"Glad some enjoyed it, and I agree, sometimes it can be better to have a character back, even slightly altered, than to just have them sit in limbo."

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?p=5749602#post5749602

Alfheim
So that makes BT even better he didnt even have any powers and he still survived Bullseye. We dont know exactly how the fight went though.

NiņoAraņa
i got the issue yesterday, it's not bad really. i'm not really up on the charactization of BT tho, so i wouldn't know if he was out of character or not. either way, good issue.

jrodslam
Even if his radar sense was working I dont see him doing much better than Spiderman. Hell Spiderman could have killed DD on many ocassions.

Spiderman vs street lvl or slightly higher isnt something he shines at really. DD does better against combatants who are equal or superior to him. One main reason is that hes a better fighter than Spidey. Spidey could have killed DD on many occasions? No at all. A couple maybe, but the same can be said for DD.

marvelprince
Pretty good issue. Haven't read much about BT before so I wasn't one of the people bitching about his characterization. Hope to see more of this character.

Alfheim
Originally posted by jrodslam
Spiderman vs street lvl or slightly higher isnt something he shines at really. DD does better against combatants who are equal or superior to him. One main reason is that hes a better fighter than Spidey. Spidey could have killed DD on many occasions? No at all. A couple maybe, but the same can be said for DD.

I could be wrong but I doubt it...anyway no expression

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=469426

grey fox
The characterization DOES suck though.

BT originally was a crime-lord whom was extremely kick-ass while being unbelievably polite. This guy is just some latin super-thug and no amount of bullshitting from the writer will change the fact that he f*cked up.

King_Mungi
DAREDEVIL: BLOOD OF THE TARANTULA
Written by ED BRUBAKER & ANDE PARKS
Penciled by CHRIS SAMNEE
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC

"Blood of the Tarantula" Carlos LaMuerto, a.k.a. Black Tarantula, is finally doing something good with his life. Well, at least it ain't all bad. Lying low after getting out of prison and wiping out an entire gang, Carlos has become a low-key Robin Hood -- cleaning up the neighborhood he used to run as a gang lord. But he's about to discover that leaving his past behind isn't as simple as a change of attitude�as ghosts from his former life haunt him, Carlos turns to his friend/adversary, Matt Murdock. Now Black Tarantula and Daredevil must work together to save the streets of Hell's Kitchen from a powerful new gang from Carlos' homeland.

48 PGS./Rated T+ $3.99

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/April08/solicitations.html

Almighty Bauer
Uh yeah the guy has 25 tons trength, bulletproof skin and can shoot energy out of his eyes, and this guy beat Spiderman like a chump. Please explain how the **** Bullseye takes somebody like that out with that ease? Utter Bullocks, sometimes writers have no respect for a characters history they just come along and totally **** the **** up. Actually, Black Tarantula was doped up so he couldn't use his powers on Ryker's... so Bullseye just took out a pretty average human... really, not a big deal... and DD didn't take him out in a fight either. So I see no problem.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
Actually, Black Tarantula was doped up so he couldn't use his powers on Ryker's... so Bullseye just took out a pretty average human... really, not a big deal... and DD didn't take him out in a fight either. So I see no problem.

Actually, the drugs in prison only prohibited BT's powers which included strength and "eye blast". Thats should have nothing to do with his h2h skills and fighting ability. Secondly, he and DD didnt fight to my knowledge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.