Why So Serious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gregmss
Interesting site, definately puts some ideas out there (so are people going to think The Jokers dead at the begining of the film or just until December) I love the trailer, especially since it was running a little slow and I got a full glimpse of that playing card and man, did it freak me out. The way they are making the joker look is very scarey (and I don't scare easy).

Il.Mozalini
Yes, it's very creepy. I don't think his fake death has anything to do with the movie...it's just to pump us up....and it's definitely working on me.

SelinaAndBruce
Not really feeling New Joker so far but still open because Begins was good so this one should be too. But so far I'm meh on everything I have seen.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm feeling this new Joker. He just may blow away Nicholson's version.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm feeling this new Joker. He just may blow away Nicholson's version.
I got the feeling that he will divide the house. People will either love him or hate him. I can see the IMDB posts now, lol. I don't think I will hate him but from the media pics I have seen of his costume and the clips of his voice I think he will be rather meh to me.

Juntai
From a direction and portrayal standpoint, i could see this Joker being better.
However out-acting Jack is clearly out of the question. He's one of the GOAT.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Juntai
From a direction and portrayal standpoint, i could see this Joker being better.
However out-acting Jack is clearly out of the question. He's one of the GOAT.
I think there is a definite mood difference. Nolan's Gotham is different than Burton's and so his Joker will be different. I don't know if you can really compare them but I don't like Ledger's look or voice out of context of the movie. Perhaps when I see the movie he will fit into the atmosphere.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I think there is a definite mood difference. Nolan's Gotham is different than Burton's and so his Joker will be different. I don't know if you can really compare them but I don't like Ledger's look or voice out of context of the movie. Perhaps when I see the movie he will fit into the atmosphere.

Heath's Joker will definately match Nolan's tone of Batman. if anything compare the animated series Joker to Heath

and Nicholson despite being a good and funny actor, played himself in Batman 89 basically, he talked the same way he does, he didnt do anything special, he was himself and not the Joker.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
Heath's Joker will definately match Nolan's tone of Batman. if anything compare the animated series Joker to Heath

and Nicholson despite being a good and funny actor, played himself in Batman 89 basically, he talked the same way he does, he didnt do anything special, he was himself and not the Joker.

yeah Nicholson in that movie was just Jack being Jack.I have faith Nolan will get Ledger to do what Nolan is after though and he'll pull it off.I dont know anything about ledger like most people here do but Nolan pushed all the right buttons in batman begins and we finally got a good batman movie so I faith in Nolan that he knew what what he was doing in his casting of Ledger.That he saw something in him that we just dont know about.that happens in hollywood all the time.Like I remember when i first saw The Russia house with sean connery and michelle phieffer that because of all the other movies I had seen phieffer perform in,I was shocked to hear that she was cast in that.I never thought of her as much of an actress till that point.But she proved me and many others wrong though, that she was a good actress because she liked nail the russian accent and you believed that she was truely a russian citizen.when you got a good director who understands the material like Nolan does,you can get a good actor to do what you want out of him such as that director did with Michelle Phieffer.

SelinaAndBruce

I disagree I do think Nicholson went outside of himself to an extreme to play the Joker. I don't believe he behaves like that and he just projected that on screen.

And I am skeptical he will be as good as the animated series Joker

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah Nicholson in that movie was just Jack being Jack.I have faith Nolan will get Ledger to do what Nolan is after though and he'll pull it off.I dont know anything about ledger like most people here do but Nolan pushed all the right buttons in batman begins and we finally got a good batman movie so I faith in Nolan that he knew what what he was doing in his casting of Ledger.That he saw something in him that we just dont know about.that happens in hollywood all the time.Like I remember when i first saw The Russia house with sean connery and michelle phieffer that because of all the other movies I had seen phieffer perform in,I was shocked to hear that she was cast in that.I never thought of her as much of an actress till that point.But she proved me and many others wrong though, that she was a good actress because she liked nail the russian accent and you believed that she was truely a russian citizen.when you got a good director who understands the material like Nolan does,you can get a good actor to do what you want out of him such as that director did with Michelle Phieffer.

i watch Nicholson in Anger Management, then Joker, the only difference is he kills people and looks different. He still makes me laugh, he still talks to the same way, he's weird too. thats all. His performance did not define Joker. Nolan is doing great, and Ledger will be a great cast, its just we cannot make a proper judgement yet and that we are all having mixed feelings just like before Batman Begins was released. "Ibelieveinchrisnolan" and aaron eckhart is a great two face too.

im sure we are all skeptical though, its way too early

SelinaAndBruce
i watch Nicholson in Anger Management, then Joker, the only difference is he kills people and looks different. He still makes me laugh, he still talks to the same way, he's weird too. thats all. His performance did not define Joker. Nolan is doing great, and Ledger will be a great cast, its just we cannot make a proper judgement yet and that we are all having mixed feelings just like before Batman Begins was released. "Ibelieveinchrisnolan" and aaron eckhart is a great two face too.

im sure we are all skeptical though, its way too early
How can you assume Aaron Eckhart is a good Two Face? Did I miss him in Batman Begins?

xNIXSONx
How can you assume Aaron Eckhart is a good Two Face? Did I miss him in Batman Begins?

lol k maybe i jump the gun on that one stick out tongue

but he's a great actor, Thank You For Smoking for example, which he won a golden globe for.

he's playing district attourney Harvey Dent in the next one, so we can expect him and bruce to be great pals and some character development there. He'll atleast be better than Tommy Lee Jones' overthetop Two Face. I still cannot believe how many times it sounds like you're putting Chris Nolan into questioning

Bat Dude
I still cannot believe how many times it sounds like you're putting Chris Nolan into questioning

Why not? Everyone is judging him based on Batman Begins... TDK can still flop... Here's a good example, Superman II was great but then Superman III was bad...

Here's my thoughts... Nothing should be expected... July 2008, everyone should go into the theater with very low expectations, so if it flops, you won't feel as bad, and if it transcends anything before it, you'll come out feeling completely great, because it's awesomeness would be unexpected...

Just my two cents...

DARKLORDCAEDUS

No you didn't miss anything. Aaron Eckhart becomes Two-Face at or near the end of TDK, Thereby setting the next sequel.

Why not? Everyone is judging him based on Batman Begins... TDK can still flop... Here's a good example, Superman II was great but then Superman III was bad...

Here's my thoughts... Nothing should be expected... July 2008, everyone should go into the theater with very low expectations, so if it flops, you won't feel as bad, and if it transcends anything before it, you'll come out feeling completely great, because it's awesomeness would be unexpected...

Just my two cents...

I'm not judging him at all. I've seen other Nolan movies like The Prestige, Momento and Insomia. I've come understand the way he tells his stories. I expect a lot because I love Batman a lot. I expect TDK to make close to if not more around $500 to $650 million worldwide.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Bat Dude

Just my two cents...

if you're talking about Superman II/III and then IV(which was directed by someone else i understand) or if i can replace your comparison instead of Superman but with Spider-Man 2 and SP3, okay.

people will go into the theatre expecting things with hype and whatnot, Batman Begins was marketed badly and did not do Great but over time gained respect and whatnot moving away for the schumacher/burton universes. TDK will have the same mixed feelings and questioning just like BB, especially like is heath the right person for the Joker? Its just how can you call Nolan into questioning after he gave us Batman Begins, come on man erm you used to be cool...

tlbauerle
Superman II....great?

Yeah...I always loved the sellophane S power. OR...even the magical teleporting power. THAT was my favorite...next to the memory wipe kiss.

If we are talking about fans complaining about a decline in film quality...Spidey 2 vs. 3 is the best example. BUT, I still maintain if Sam made the film he wanted to, it woudl have ben a hell of a lot better than what we got. He bowed to studio and fan pressure with Venom. If he left that out we would have had a much better film.

So what should be learn with THE DARK KNIGHT? Leave Nolan the **** alone. If he were to bow to fan or studio pressure...we'd be screwed. BATMAN BEGINS was simply incredible. Trust the man to keep that same vision.

SelinaAndBruce
You cannot blame the Spidey fans for pressuring Raimi though. A Spiderman series without Venom would have been like if Nolan selected Poison Ivy for a villain and never did the Joker.

xNIXSONx
You cannot blame the Spidey fans for pressuring Raimi though. A Spiderman series without Venom would have been like if Nolan selected Poison Ivy for a villain and never did the Joker.

what raimi failed to do was incorporate Eddie Brock into prior films and Sandman had no place for spiderman 3, he was lame and boring they had to make major alterations to his character for him to be able to even be in Spiderman 3, he has a family now, he KILLED uncle Ben? he's a good guy? if you have to make all these changes for him he might as well not be in Sp3, just cuz he's the directors fave villain does not mean he should get a big role. Green Goblin II and Venom should be enough. Venom shouldve represented Spider-Man/Peter Parker's emotional/angry/vengeful/hateful side and once Venom is overcome and defeated etc that should show the audience that Peter Parker has let go of his guilt for Uncle Ben's death....

tlbauerle
Well...the best thing would have been to use Spidey 3 as a set up for a Venom storyline in Spidey 4. THAT would have been ideal.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Back to point. I've watched the teaser trailer around twenty times. I like what I saw and heard. I like Heath's "Joker" voice. To me it sounds like a cross between Ceasar Romero's and Jack's Joker with Ledgers Australian accent. What we must remember is that the Joker is a homicidal maniac with a disfigured face. Back in '66, Obviously it would have been prudent to have someone play him as a homicidal maniac. In '89 Jack played a great Joker, but in my opinion, Jack's Joker wasn't the person he should' ve been. Now flash forward to today with Heath Ledger. I believe that Ledger will portray him as the homicidal maniac he should be. Besides pick up, if you don't have it alrerady Batman: The Killing Joke. That is one of the best Batman stories ever. It is also what Nolan is basing his Joker off of.

Il.Mozalini
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Back to point. I've watched the teaser trailer around twenty times. I like what I saw and heard. I like Heath's "Joker" voice. To me it sounds like a cross between Ceasar Romero's and Jack's Joker with Ledgers Australian accent. What we must remember is that the Joker is a homicidal maniac with a disfigured face. Back in '66, Obviously it would have been prudent to have someone play him as a homicidal maniac. In '89 Jack played a great Joker, but in my opinion, Jack's Joker wasn't the person he should' ve been. Now flash forward to today with Heath Ledger. I believe that Ledger will portray him as the homicidal maniac he should be. Besides pick up, if you don't have it alrerady Batman: The Killing Joke. That is one of the best Batman stories ever. It is also what Nolan is basing his Joker off of.

I 100% agree. I think Ledger will play him more sadistically then anyone has ever played the Joker before...but that doesn't mean he won't be humorous.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
I 100% agree. I think Ledger will play him more sadistically then anyone has ever played the Joker before...but that doesn't mean he won't be humorous.

Oh. I'm sure he'll very humorous very so often.

Morridini
Too bad they changed www.whysoserious.com is there any real way to see the trailer now?

smiley8
Go to you tube and search for dark knight teaser trailer....its not as clear as the other one cos someone has just recorded it from a cinema.

Morridini
That's what I meant with any "real" way to see it.

Il.Mozalini
Well, this:http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6085 site had it for download(Quicktime). It looks like they have it to view, but a flash version, no download anymore.

Michielster
A new site has emerged: rent-a-clown.com/ Nothing very interesting but quite funny!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.