Has anyone you've ever known died/killed themselves?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Alright Tuesday I got the news that a girl from the school I just graduated from nearly two months ago, had killed herself earlier that morning. I recognized her name but I couldn't put a face to her name until just today when I saw a picture of my cousin with her...and they went to prom together. I was RIGHT BESIDE her. I don't know but I think I've even exchanged words with her before. Her parents have a big house right on the same street as the school and she's rich because her parents own an EMT (I guess that's what you call it) and there are circulating stories as to why she killed herself. I guess no one will really know except her. She hung herself in the garage while her parents were away in Illinois. Her sister came in and found her.

I mean I didn't know the girl but it's just weird to know that someone from my own school, that was a cheerleader and member of FFA and all of that higher stuff, that I saw many many times in the hall, that looked happy and had all the money in the world would kill herself. There must've been something deeper than those pretty smiles that I saw her with in EVERY one of the pictures I've ever seen of her.

RIP Brittany.

A Dose Of Vraya
How sad, but as for the question on the title of this thread, uh duhhhhh. oh yea and first post teehee

CommandoDelta38
In the past 4 months 5 people I knew in high school died, 3 of them killed themselves ... in the morally bankrupt society we live in it's just too easy for those people in real pain to go unnoticed

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
How sad, but as for the question on the title of this thread, uh duhhhhh. oh yea and first post teehee
I know..very sad. w00t to you being first post, lol.
Originally posted by CommandoDelta38
In the past 4 months 5 people I knew in high school died, 3 of them killed themselves ... in the morally bankrupt society we live in it's just too easy for those people in real pain to go unnoticed
Are you serious? Damn what's in the water where you live?

CommandoDelta38
It's not so much the water, as it is the atmosphere. Not nearly enough people here look out for anyone but themselves

Yuna_And_Tidus
It's not so much the water, as it is the atmosphere. Not nearly enough people here look out for anyone but themselves
I see what you mean. Well the circulating rumors as to why Brittany killed herself are far beyond anything I've ever heard. No one should ever ever have to kill themselves or resort to it but for the reasons I was given..it makes me wonder if she was really mentally stable.

Lana
A friend of mine from high school died last month from cancer. I'd seen him only a month before he passed away and he was doing great.

It was really a shocking thing for everyone, as he was one of the nicest and funniest people I'd ever met.

CommandoDelta38
If you really think about it mental stablity is all a matter of perspective tho, so aren't we all a bit unstable?

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Lana
A friend of mine from high school died last month from cancer. I'd seen him only a month before he passed away and he was doing great.

It was really a shocking thing for everyone, as he was one of the nicest and funniest people I'd ever met.
Yeah my cousin died of cancer last year...he was fine and very uppity nearly a month before he died as well..he was in pain, but he hid it as best as possible. Died a month later.

Sounds exactly like my cousin, a joy to the world but just didn't have much time on earth.

Yuna_And_Tidus
If you really think about it mental stablity is all a matter of perspective tho, so aren't we all a bit unstable?
Yes, everyone has the potential in their life for unstableness and we all experience it but I meant it in the manner of the fact that the reasons Brittany potentially killed herself were seriously the oddest reasons I've ever heard someone kill themselves over.

Naz
As to the title, my best friend's little brother died from heart failure last year, he was 13.

As to the first post, that's so sad erm

CommandoDelta38
trust me a few people i knew did it for some really dumb reasons too ... but when it seems the world is against you one is not going to be thinking very clearly

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Naz
As to the title, my best friend's little brother died from heart failure last year, he was 13.

As to the first post, that's so sad erm
Any traumatic cause to the heart failure? sad That's sad to die at such a young age.

Brittany was 17 and was just about to become a senior. School starts next Wednesday...and she won't be there to cheer for the teams.

Yuna_And_Tidus
trust me a few people i knew did it for some really dumb reasons too ... but when it seems the world is against you one is not going to be thinking very clearly
True, true. I agree and I know that everyone has those "tendancies" and "thoughts" but never would I think a person like HER would end it all with a rope. Whew.

CommandoDelta38
a rope ... hmm ... personally ... if i ever got to that point hirikiri is the option i'd take

Yuna_And_Tidus
a rope ... hmm ... personally ... if i ever got to that point hirikiri is the option i'd take
Never really thought much about how I'd end it for myself. :-S...I just know that I want to be around for a long long time!

CommandoDelta38
well i always wanted a quick, honorable dead ... if i broke down to the point i'd do it myself that'd be the only way to go.

long or short, doesn't matter, all that matters is what you do with your life

Wild-Cherry
My cousin killed himself last month, and a year prior his brother killed himself erm

It really, really sucks.

Wild-Cherry
Originally posted by Naz

As to the first post, that's so sad erm And I really love your sig.

CommandoDelta38
Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
My cousin killed himself last month, and a year prior his brother killed himself erm

It really, really sucks.

I'm sorry hun

Wild-Cherry
I'm sorry hun Thanks erm
hug

CommandoDelta38
:hug: no problem ... how you been?

Wild-Cherry
I've been ok smile

This summer has had it's great points too...

Went to Greece, and Thomas is coming to See me in 5 days faint

And yourself?

CommandoDelta38
.... well to put things bluntly ... i'm regretting not having some rum left sad

Röland
My best friend OD'd on cocaine a week ago and barely survived. erm

Wild-Cherry
.... well to put things bluntly ... i'm regretting not having some rum left sad heh, sorry bout that petpet

Wild-Cherry

CommandoDelta38
Fate's got one really twisted sense of humor sad

Röland
sad

Glad he's ok though.

I am too.

Vinny Valentine
Yes.

Strangelove

Impediment
In 2003, my very good friend, Ryan, put a shotgun in his mouth..........over a woman.

I was the one who discovered his body.

Arianna
That must have been so horrible! But lots of people kill themselves for love.

My mum's dead but she didn't kill herself, and my brother's dead too. I don't know how they died I was too little.

On the thing the first perosn said about money, my neighbour is rich and has a big house and owns a shipping company, and he had three sons and one of them killed himself whilst the rest of the family were on holiday. And he had a really good life, he went to a good school, but still lived with his parents, I would have loved to be him. I don't think money makes you happy, my dad is quite rich but he's the most depressed man on the planet.

Yuna_And_Tidus

It really, really sucks.
Gosh that's sad. I dunno what I'd do if a family member killed themselves.
Originally posted by Impediment
In 2003, my very good friend, Ryan, put a shotgun in his mouth..........over a woman.

I was the one who discovered his body.
That's sad..Gosh! Killing onesself over another person..not worth it.
Originally posted by Arianna
That must have been so horrible! But lots of people kill themselves for love.

My mum's dead but she didn't kill herself, and my brother's dead too. I don't know how they died I was too little.

On the thing the first perosn said about money, my neighbour is rich and has a big house and owns a shipping company, and he had three sons and one of them killed himself whilst the rest of the family were on holiday. And he had a really good life, he went to a good school, but still lived with his parents, I would have loved to be him. I don't think money makes you happy, my dad is quite rich but he's the most depressed man on the planet.
Damn that's almost exactly what happened here but with a girl instead. :s

Tattoo
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
Alright Tuesday I got the news that a girl from the school I just graduated from nearly two months ago, had killed herself earlier that morning. I recognized her name but I couldn't put a face to her name until just today when I saw a picture of my cousin with her...and they went to prom together. I was RIGHT BESIDE her. I don't know but I think I've even exchanged words with her before. Her parents have a big house right on the same street as the school and she's rich because her parents own an EMT (I guess that's what you call it) and there are circulating stories as to why she killed herself. I guess no one will really know except her. She hung herself in the garage while her parents were away in Illinois. Her sister came in and found her.

I mean I didn't know the girl but it's just weird to know that someone from my own school, that was a cheerleader and member of FFA and all of that higher stuff, that I saw many many times in the hall, that looked happy and had all the money in the world would kill herself. There must've been something deeper than those pretty smiles that I saw her with in EVERY one of the pictures I've ever seen of her.

RIP Brittany.

1. To answer the thread title: Umm...nearly everyone has had someone close to them die. no expression Grandparents, other family, friends, a person you knew but never talked to.

Just a couple weeks ago my friends parents were killed in an auto accident.

2. People who commit suicide are pretty much cowards who couldn't deal with a little dose of reality. Life sucks, but it usually gets better...especially if you were young when you decided to off yourself. I mean, yeah, it sucks she died but she's still an idiot.

ADarksideJedi

RIP Brittany.

Sorry to hear that.I know how you feel.My friend was killed in a car accient. RIP Paul jm sad

HappyHoHunting
back in hawaii when i was 14. i heard of a girl who was in my PE class. I got the news that she jumped off the bridge head first. Her friends said that she was heartbroken, her boyfriend left her. She died at the age of 14

Thorrin
My imaginary friend Fred killed himself, he was so young. cry

Rogue Jedi
my cousins gay lover killed himself years ago, when my cousin refused to come out.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Sorry to hear that.I know how you feel.My friend was killed in a car accient. RIP Paul jm sad
It's okay.
Yeah another girl that I remember my sophomore year, I had her in English 2 and she sat across the room..we talked some too. Well I think my junior year or senior year she got killed in a car accident. It was weird to know that.

Originally posted by Thorrin
My imaginary friend Fred killed himself, he was so young. cry
cry

vivando-loca
a kid committed suicide in his garage. hung himself. he lived up the street, and i didn't know him, so....but it must have been devestating for his parents.

i don't think i'd be able to survive if i found a very good friend's body. cry

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by vivando-loca
a kid committed suicide in his garage. hung himself. he lived up the street, and i didn't know him, so....but it must have been devestating for his parents.

i don't think i'd be able to survive if i found a very good friend's body. cry
Damn hanging as a form of suicide is more popular than I though. Hah.

Diamonds
What a cheerful thread.
Personally, I think suicide is the cowards way out. Everyone has a reason to live, everyone has a right to live. Death makes a lot of people who knew, or even just knew of, the deceased upset and shocked and whatever else. Killing yourself would probably leave your entire year group in shock and upset. I believe in reincarnation anyway, so killing yourself only takes you into another life which will, most likely, still be full of pain.
Life goes on and makes us wise.
And, thankfully, I don't know anyone that has killed themself.

Arianna
I don't understand suicide, I mean you know those days when you want left on your own to cry and you feel like nobody loves you, I find it helps to imagine being dead and wonder who would actually care then you imagine all the people that would care and you feel better.

Do you think people who commit suicide look at the very few positives before they do it? Or do they, but they can't find any?

Diamonds
Do you think people who commit suicide look at the very few positives before they do it? Or do they, but they can't find any?
Yes.
Some people may think they don't have anything to live for. Or they just don't see the point in living.

miss_swann
My sister found her ex-boyfriend the other day, he tried to kill himself but she found him because she went back to pick up some stuff, anyway now she feels really bad even though he treated her like ****!

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Diamonds
What a cheerful thread.
Personally, I think suicide is the cowards way out. Everyone has a reason to live, everyone has a right to live. Death makes a lot of people who knew, or even just knew of, the deceased upset and shocked and whatever else. Killing yourself would probably leave your entire year group in shock and upset. I believe in reincarnation anyway, so killing yourself only takes you into another life which will, most likely, still be full of pain.
Life goes on and makes us wise.
And, thankfully, I don't know anyone that has killed themself.
Why come in then ey? Not everything is gonna be cheerful in life.
I don't understand suicide, I mean you know those days when you want left on your own to cry and you feel like nobody loves you, I find it helps to imagine being dead and wonder who would actually care then you imagine all the people that would care and you feel better.

Nope, to answer your question. My opinion is that they look at all of the bad and let it overwhelm them until it's breaking point for them and they just end it all.
Originally posted by miss_swann
My sister found her ex-boyfriend the other day, he tried to kill himself but she found him because she went back to pick up some stuff, anyway now she feels really bad even though he treated her like ****!
God I'd be devastated! He may not've treated her right or whatever but If that were me, omg I wouldn't be able to stay calm with the situation knowing that.

Röland
Not everything is gonna be cheerful in life.

That still isn't a reason to kill yourself.

JacopeX
I understand suicide.

I can explain, but I am right now too lazy to post. yawn

Röland
Originally posted by JacopeX
I understand suicide.

I can explain, but I am right now too lazy to post. yawn

Enlighten me.

I personally don't see the point to killing yourself, you gain nothing and you just hurt the people around you.

JacopeX

JesusTheChrist
Myself. I was beaten and crucified.

JacopeX
Originally posted by JesusTheChrist
Myself. I was beaten and crucified. No one has suufered more than Jesus Christ.

I don't care what religion you are, this is what I believe.

JesusTheChrist
No one has suufered more than Jesus Christ.

Of course. No one did. I experienced this horrible suffering first hand my child. I gave my life for your sins, but your sinning everyday Jacope. Jump off a cliff as a repentance.

Tattoo
No one has suufered more than Jesus Christ.

How so? There were others who were beaten and crucified the same time as Jesus, others who are tortured for years on end before finally being put out of their misery.

Jesus is the most famous sufferer, but he did not have it the worst.

chillmeistergen
I can completely understand suicide. It's so easy for all of us to say, ''but everything will get better eventually'' and all that, but how do we know how these people feel and what they believe other people feel about them? There are some things that just can't get better. I also think it's a bit much judging other people on what our personal opinion of suicide is. You can say it's the cowards way out till the cows come home, I personally cannot think of anything more frightening than thinking an eternity of nothingness, is better than living and breathing.

JacopeX
Of course. No one did. I experienced this horrible suffering first hand my child. I gave my life for your sins, but your sinning everyday Jacope. Jump off a cliff as a repentance. You are a ****tard.

Quit being a sorry ass imitation of Jesus christ, you hypocrite.

JesusTheChrist
You are a ****tard.

Quit being a sorry ass imitation of Jesus christ, you hypocrite.

You are teh ****tard child. Your not repenting. Your going to hell, my dad(God) and I(JC) is going to be taunting you mercilessly in hell! I suffered for your sins yet you act like this? I AM JESUS CHILD. REPENT!!

Röland
You are teh ****tard child. Your not repenting. Your going to hell, my dad(God) and I(JC) is going to be taunting you mercilessly in hell! I suffered for your sins yet you act like this? I AM JESUS CHILD. REPENT!!

crylaugh

SelphieT
Just about a month or two ago, this kid named Andy Bailey killed himself. We went to elementary school together.

JacopeX
You are teh ****tard child. Your not repenting. Your going to hell, my dad(God) and I(JC) is going to be taunting you mercilessly in hell! I suffered for your sins yet you act like this? I AM JESUS CHILD. REPENT!! You are not funny, nor are you even hylarious.

You are a dolt little kid that tries to be a sock and claim to be Jesus christ.

Yuna_And_Tidus

Röland
I didn't say it was, I was talking about that girl sarcastically saying that this was a cheerful thread, like she HAD to come in here or something.

My bad, I misinterpreted it. embarrasment

Yuna_And_Tidus

JesusTheChrist
You are not funny, nor are you even hylarious.

You are a dolt little kid that tries to be a sock and claim to be Jesus christ.

You spelled hilarious wrong btw.

Back to the point, I AM Jesus. Prove to me that I am NOT Jesus. I command you. Your going to hell. Repentance is too late.

Röland
That deserves a punishment.

What kind? fear

BlackSunshine
My uncle just recently died.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Tattoo
2. People who commit suicide are pretty much cowards who couldn't deal with a little dose of reality. Life sucks, but it usually gets better...especially if you were young when you decided to off yourself. I mean, yeah, it sucks she died but she's still an idiot. Absolutely true

Yuna_And_Tidus

Kelly_Bean
Well, another guy I just graduated with died in a car accident this week. I teared up as I read his Myspace comments, knowing that none of his friends will never get to see him again and a lot of them had just seen him a day or two before, not knowing that he'd be dead within a matter of hours.

Captain REX
Towards the end of the last school year, a guy I went to school with, Beau, drowned in his own vomit after a night of heavy drinking. He tried to hang out with me once in like...8th grade?

It's a weird feeling.

Mairuzu
Like i've said before, i tried to give some guy with tight pants some hot cheetos in 8th grade, he chased me around school for some reason... and then in 9th he killed himself.. which is why i dont share my hot cheetos with anyone

Captain REX
...that's bizarre.

Mairuzu
I know...

Sol Valentine
That's sad.

InnerRise
A classmate who I worked with for some time at KFC during my Senior Year at highschool later died in a car accident during my Freshmen Year of college. We talked here and there in school and of course a little more when we worked together.

Although we weren't exactly friends, it felt kind of funny that his death had no emotional effect on me.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Mairuzu
Originally posted by InnerRise
A classmate who I worked with for some time at KFC during my Senior Year at highschool later died in a car accident during my Freshmen Year of college. We talked here and there in school and of course a little more when we worked together.

Although we weren't exactly friends, it felt kind of funny that his death had no emotional effect on me.

I knew you had no soul...

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Captain REX
Towards the end of the last school year, a guy I went to school with, Beau, drowned in his own vomit after a night of heavy drinking. He tried to hang out with me once in like...8th grade?

It's a weird feeling.
Was he alone or something or did nobody have the sense to roll him over on his side?

I'd definately feel a lot more weird if I were in a situation like that.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Was he alone or something or did nobody have the sense to roll him over on his side?

I'd definately feel a lot more weird if I were in a situation like that. Yeah, I guess.

Coincidentally, the boy was sent to my college's hospital where he soon died, just minutes away from me.

Another classmate of mine who goes to the same college as me came to visit me and to see how I was doing. He was clearly grieving over it a great more deal than I was. I told him I was fine.

After he left, I realized I should have asked how he was dealing with it. That definitely made me feel bad. He had been friends with the guy and he went to the hospital as well. I'm not sure if he died while he was there visiting though.

I'm definitely glad that I had found out about it through another source right before he came to tell me, b/c it would have been awkward for him to be the first to tell me and then for him expecting some kind of emotion and just seeing me take it as if he had just told me his goldfish had died.

Violent2Dope

RIP Brittany. Yes.

SelphieT
When I was 6 years old I saw my great grandmother die right before my eyes. It's true that it doesn't really affect you then, because you don't understand it, but when you're older, it does mess with you a bit.

I have had other relatives, and a few classmates die as well. Very odd feelings, of course.

I've never known anyone to kill themself though. There was a night where I saved my best friend Sarah's life, and there were a few nights that I attempted, but I'm glad to say I'm still alive now.

Kelly_Bean
Yeah, I guess.

Coincidentally, the boy was sent to my college's hospital where he soon died, just minutes away from me.

Another classmate of mine who goes to the same college as me came to visit me and to see how I was doing. He was clearly grieving over it a great more deal than I was. I told him I was fine.

After he left, I realized I should have asked how he was dealing with it. That definitely made me feel bad. He had been friends with the guy and he went to the hospital as well. I'm not sure if he died while he was there visiting though.

I'm definitely glad that I had found out about it through another source right before he came to tell me, b/c it would have been awkward for him to be the first to tell me and then for him expecting some kind of emotion and just seeing me take it as if he had just told me his goldfish had died.

Well, I can't say anything against that considering everyone takes everything differently. I can't say that I haven't felt that way either.
Originally posted by SelphieT
When I was 6 years old I saw my great grandmother die right before my eyes. It's true that it doesn't really affect you then, because you don't understand it, but when you're older, it does mess with you a bit.

I have had other relatives, and a few classmates die as well. Very odd feelings, of course.

I've never known anyone to kill themself though. There was a night where I saved my best friend Sarah's life, and there were a few nights that I attempted, but I'm glad to say I'm still alive now.
I know how that feels. Around that age for me too was when my Grandma died and I didn't grieve at her funeral or anything. I just wanted to get the hell outta there, lol. I didn't fully understand that she had died.

I'm glad you're still with us too. hug

SelphieT
Well, I can't say anything against that considering everyone takes everything differently. I can't say that I haven't felt that way either.

I know how that feels. Around that age for me too was when my Grandma died and I didn't grieve at her funeral or anything. I just wanted to get the hell outta there, lol. I didn't fully understand that she had died.

I'm glad you're still with us too. hug

laughing out loud I remember her funeral, right when they were about to lower her, I was looking up at my dad(I was 6, I was tiny!), and I was like, "Ooooh, I want to throw a rose!" And so he let me throw a rose down when they lowered her in the grave. It was for some reason, very cool.

Thanks babe hug

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by SelphieT
laughing out loud I remember her funeral, right when they were about to lower her, I was looking up at my dad(I was 6, I was tiny!), and I was like, "Ooooh, I want to throw a rose!" And so he let me throw a rose down when they lowered her in the grave. It was for some reason, very cool.

Thanks babe hug
Oh God I remember those times where everything you do is cool. If someone's doing something, you have to do it too.

hug back.

Kosta
A guy that lived a couple doors down from me in the same building in Russia with his younger brother and grandmother was murdered with an axe. They had to have a closed casket at the funeral. He was about 20 when it happened. Shortly after we moved to the US a year or so later we got news that his brother hung himself. Pretty fkd up.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Kosta
A guy that lived a couple doors down from me in the same building in Russia with his younger brother and grandmother was murdered with an axe. They had to have a closed casket at the funeral. He was about 20 when it happened. Shortly after we moved to the US a year or so later we got news that his brother hung himself. Pretty fkd up.
Jeeze that's terrible! That's something you hear in movies. erm I feel sorry for that family.

Piggle Humsy
Too many funerals down

So far I've lost 14 people and 1 dog.

Baylin
I've known too many people die. The hardest thing though is having someone die in front of you when you doing everything you can to save them sad

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Baylin
I've known too many people die. The hardest thing though is having someone die in front of you when you doing everything you can to save them sad
I've never had that happen. erm Only to a pet, basically, which hurt me like hell.

Baylin
I've never had that happen. erm Only to a pet, basically, which hurt me like hell.

Downside of my job unfortunately, saying that though there isn't a feeling in the world that compares when you've just saved somebody who was technically dead!

Kelly_Bean
Downside of my job unfortunately, saying that though there isn't a feeling in the world that compares when you've just saved somebody who was technically dead!
Are you a paramedic?

Baylin
Are you a paramedic?

yes

Kelly_Bean
yes
w00t I was right on the first try, w00t. That's cool! That'd be a great career to have but I don't know if I could do something like that. sad

Baylin
w00t I was right on the first try, w00t. That's cool! That'd be a great career to have but I don't know if I could do something like that. sad

It has a lot of ups and downs and is no way near as dramatic as it's made out to be on progs like ER
Still it can't be that bad I've been doing it a few years now happy

Kelly_Bean
It has a lot of ups and downs and is no way near as dramatic as it's made out to be on progs like ER
Still it can't be that bad I've been doing it a few years now happy
Congratties! big grin My boyfriend's friend is a paramedic but I dunno, I've just never thought I could deal with stuff like that. I've always wanted to be a firefighter though.

Baylin
Congratties! big grin My boyfriend's friend is a paramedic but I dunno, I've just never thought I could deal with stuff like that. I've always wanted to be a firefighter though.

well that brings us back on topic, the last friend I had that died was a firefighter in a different city. I got a message last week saying that on a shout he had a massive heart attack, collapsed and died. He was due to retire this year sad

Kelly_Bean
well that brings us back on topic, the last friend I had that died was a firefighter in a different city. I got a message last week saying that on a shout he had a massive heart attack, collapsed and died. He was due to retire this year sad
Omg..sad ...That's really sad, especially since he was only so close to retiring and being able to rest the rest of his life...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.