Racism and Latinos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaxicanHydra
Might as well. bandwagon hopping, FTW.

Rogue Jedi
who you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? doncha know I'm loco?

BlaxicanHydra
Han'suckass.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Han'suckass.

313 but what do you think about male models?

JacopeX
The real meaning of Cholo is tanned skinned, not a Mexican Gang banger.

Idiotz....

BlaxicanHydra
lol Yer just mad 'cuz I sp33k better Mexicanz then you Lawls.

JacopeX
lol Yer just mad 'cuz I sp33k better Mexicanz then you Lawls. No thank you.

I'll stay with my Peruvian accent. wink

'Ta que soy PEruano, mano alla Reconchesumade huevon.

BlaxicanHydra
I sp33k MexicanZ, not retard.

ha. ha. ha.

JacopeX

ha. ha. ha. What is retarded is your l33tn3$$.....YOu idiet....

http://blogs.business2.com/greenwombat/images/schwarzenegger_1.jpg

Talk to the hand!

BlaxicanHydra
Neg jacope. Just, neg.

KidRock
Psshhh

Everybody knows only whites can be racist. Blacks, latinos and asians are oppressed minorities..come on man.

JacopeX
This ain't no counterstrike.....

What is the point of this thread?

JacopeX
What this thread needed was a story. laughing out loud

Violent2Dope
Yeah BH, come up with a story....or I will.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by JacopeX
What this thread needed was a story. laughing out loud

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A LITTLE BOY IN MEXICO WALKING DOWN A PATH TO A VILLAGE. ALONG THE WAY THERE WAS A LITTLE OLD MAN BENT DOWN TO THE FLOOR NEXT TO A DONKEY WITH EXTREMELY LARGE BALLS. THE LITTLE BOY STOPPED AND ASKED THE MAN

"EXCUSE ME SIR, COULD YOU TELL ME THE TIME?"

"GIVE ME A MINUTE" SAID THE OLD MAN AND STARTED FONDLING THE DONKEY'S BALLS. AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OF FOUNDLING THE BALLS HE LET GO AND SAID

"3 O'CLOCK "

THE LITTLE BOY WAS ASTOUNDED

"SIR, PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU DID THAT TRICK? "

THE OLD MAN SHOOK HIS HEAD.

"NEG, IT'S A FAMILY SECRET!"

"PLEASE SIR, I MUST KNOW! " THE MAN THOUGHT FOR AWHILE BEFORE TELLING THE BOY THAT IF HE REALLY WANTED TO KNOW TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY.

THE NEXT DAY THE BOY CAME BACK AND ASKED THE MAN FOR THE TIME AGAIN. THE MAN STOOPED TO THE GROUND AND STARTED FONDLING THE DONKEYS BALLS.

"12:05 "

"PLEASE SIR YOU HAVE TO TELL ME YOUR SECRET!" THE BOY EXCLAIMED.

"FIRST, GET ON THE GROUND AND TRY IT YOURSELF." SAID THE MAN. SO THE BOY GOT ON THE GROUND AND STARTED FONDLING THE DONKEY'S BALLS. YET, DESPITE HIS FONDLING, HE COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING. HE TRIED AGAIN, BUT STILL SAW NOTHING IN THE DONKEY'S BALLS.

" IT'S NOT WORKING! PLEASE I HAVE TO KNOW! "

"FINE." THE MAN SAID AND GOT TO THE GROUND. HE PARTED THE DONKEY'S BALLS AND POINTED TO THE CLOCK TOWER BEHIND THEM IN THE DISTANCE.

Creshosk
Originally posted by KidRock
Psshhh

Everybody knows only whites can be racist. Blacks, latinos and asians are oppressed minorities..come on man. Right, they can only be prejudiced, but that's different from being racist.

Fishy
Originally posted by Creshosk
Right, they can only be prejudiced, but that's different from being racist.

Yeah because prejudices based on race when you're a minority doesn't make you racist, it makes you a realist because all majority's are just elitist racists bastards

Rogue Jedi
The real meaning of Cholo is tanned skinned, not a Mexican Gang banger.

Idiotz.... well, I know the guys I used to run with, all mexicans, were referred to as cholo's. they drove the low rider cars, wore the wife beaters with khaki pants, and wore the black slip on shoes, or Chuck Taylors.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Creshosk
Right, they can only be prejudiced, but that's different from being racist. Haha, you are joking, right? Haha, that's funny, your (sic) a jokster.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
well, I know the guys I used to run with, all mexicans, were referred to as cholo's. they drove the low rider cars, wore the wife beaters with khaki pants, and wore the black slip on shoes, or Chuck Taylors. Pay no mind. They rape every single word that they can get there hands to. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Pay no mind. They rape every single word that they can get there hands to. roll eyes (sarcastic) well, every latino I know uses this word to describe them.

Bardock42
Pay no mind. They rape every single word that they can get there hands to. roll eyes (sarcastic) Like you just did with "their"?

Rogue Jedi
overanalyze much, B?

Guilty Gear

ha. ha. ha. laughing
ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A LITTLE BOY IN MEXICO WALKING DOWN A PATH TO A VILLAGE. ALONG THE WAY THERE WAS A LITTLE OLD MAN BENT DOWN TO THE FLOOR NEXT TO A DONKEY WITH EXTREMELY LARGE BALLS. THE LITTLE BOY STOPPED AND ASKED THE MAN

"GIVE ME A MINUTE" SAID THE OLD MAN AND STARTED FONDLING THE DONKEY'S BALLS. AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OF FOUNDLING THE BALLS HE LET GO AND SAID

"3 O'CLOCK "

"PLEASE SIR, I MUST KNOW! " THE MAN THOUGHT FOR AWHILE BEFORE TELLING THE BOY THAT IF HE REALLY WANTED TO KNOW TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY.

THE NEXT DAY THE BOY CAME BACK AND ASKED THE MAN FOR THE TIME AGAIN. THE MAN STOOPED TO THE GROUND AND STARTED FONDLING THE DONKEYS BALLS.

"FIRST, GET ON THE GROUND AND TRY IT YOURSELF." SAID THE MAN. SO THE BOY GOT ON THE GROUND AND STARTED FONDLING THE DONKEY'S BALLS. YET, DESPITE HIS FONDLING, HE COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING. HE TRIED AGAIN, BUT STILL SAW NOTHING IN THE DONKEY'S BALLS.

"FINE." THE MAN SAID AND GOT TO THE GROUND. HE PARTED THE DONKEY'S BALLS AND POINTED TO THE CLOCK TOWER BEHIND THEM IN THE DISTANCE. Normal text seems a lot smaller now. Thank you.

Fishy
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
laughing
Normal text seems a lot smaller now. Thank you.

Then why in heavens name did you quote it?

JacopeX
Originally posted by Bardock42
Like you just did with "their"? Does it really matter now days?

No....

Goddess Kali
For anyone who doesn't know, Racism is actually worse in South America than it is in North America.

In South America, primarily Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, and Colombia, it is perfectly okay to call someone "negro" or "cholo" (meaning black or indian), and one cannot sue for such a thing.

There is still major classicism involving race in South America, and Meztisos (mixed half spaniard, half native) are ritualistically conditioned to be ashamed of thier native parts and tend more to thier white ancestry.

I heard things have gotten better, but it's not that much different. The only relevant change is that the President of Peru is a Japanese man, which a decade ago would have been unheard of.

Rogue Jedi
the president is Japanese? wow.

colonelf40

Guilty Gear
Settle down..

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by colonelf40

Your such an angry, angry man. I don't think you blow up enough buildings.

Goddess Kali

I doubt any Latino here would actually care what your opinion of us was, but reported anyway.

Quiero Mota

colonelf40
nah im just kidding but this thread is about racism/latinos!

i dont give a f*ck what you are!

it does not matter to me as i am a paki!

Goddess Kali
Jacope, Cholo does not mean tanned skin. It means indian. They don't call Meztizos cholo, unless they look very native, in Peru and other South American nations.

Creshosk
nah im just kidding but this thread is about racism/latinos!

i dont give a f*ck what you are!

it does not matter to me as i am a paki!

You're a sock who stole someone else's sig?

FistOfThe North
I heard that there's more racism in South America than there is in the U.S.

Like blatant stuff.. Even hig public officials do it in the open and it's nothing.

"Como presidente, llo ayudara a todos los negros salir del la pobresa."

Translation: "As president, i will help all negros come out of poverty."

lol

Yet the majority of poor are light-skinned since there are more light-skinned people especially in the inlands per capita.. It's just the rulers and the top wealth holders, are light-skinned. Which are a few, percentage-wise

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I heard that there's more racism in South America than there is in the U.S.

Like blatant stuff.. Even hig public officials do it in the open and it's nothing.

"Como presidente, llo ayudara a todos los negros salir del la pobresa."

Translation: "As president, i will help all negros come out of poverty."

lol

Yet the majority of poor are light-skinned since there are more light-skinned people especially in the inlands per capita.. It's just the rulers and the top wealth holders, are light-skinned. Which are a few, percentage-wise

Most of the poor are Meztisos, and the even more poor are the Cholos (native south americans), and the Sombos (mixed with native and black).

Meztisos make up for the majority, and they can be either light skinned or dark skinned, depending on thier bloodline and other various factors.

The rich happen to all be light skinned, Spaniard descent, and unfortunately, any Meztiso or Cholo who does have tons of money, has so, because of drug operations, since the Government, which is predominantly Spaniard descendent does little to promote thier wealth in the first place.

Sayings such as "Oye Negro" meaning "hey N*gger" or "Hey you black guy" are normal in South America. However, it is also normal to say "Oye Blanco" meaning "Hey you white person".

Calling one out in terms of thier race is normal in South America, and certainly not grounds for law suits of any kind.

However, it is also commonplace to not hire someone based on race, and very few say anything about it.

Rogue Jedi

JacopeX
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
For anyone who doesn't know, Racism is actually worse in South America than it is in North America.

In South America, primarily Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, and Colombia, it is perfectly okay to call someone "negro" or "cholo" (meaning black or indian), and one cannot sue for such a thing.

There is still major classicism involving race in South America, and Meztisos (mixed half spaniard, half native) are ritualistically conditioned to be ashamed of thier native parts and tend more to thier white ancestry.

I heard things have gotten better, but it's not that much different. The only relevant change is that the President of Peru is a Japanese man, which a decade ago would have been unheard of. But they have no problem with it. I call people of black decent "Moreno" which is non racist. If they look white, I say "Blanquito" and if they are tanned skin, I am a cholo so I can call them Cholo as well. wink

And wrong! They are not at all ashamed of there mestizo background at all. They would not be caught dead in a white ancestry background. The Spaniards have stolen our cultural riches! That is why we are so poor!

The president of Peru used to be Andres "****tard" Fujimori, but fortunantely, Today our president is Allen Garcia. But he sucks too, so yeah.

JacopeX

Goddess Kali
But they have no problem with it. I call people of black decent "Moreno" which is non racist. If they look white, I say "Blanquito" and if they are tanned skin, I am a cholo so I can call them Cholo as well. wink

My point is in South America it is "normal" to address someone by thier race, while up here in North America it is not.

However, as in USA, minorities are still somewhat oppressed in South America, but more so, because atleast up here we have a chance to excell far beyond anyone else.

In South America, many people in the government make it very hard for a "Cholo" to gain the same wealthy a Spaniard descendent has down there.

And wrong! They are not at all ashamed of there mestizo background at all. They would not be caught dead in a white ancestry background. The Spaniards have stolen our cultural riches! That is why we are so poor!

That's you younger guys who realize how horribly Spain raped Peru, stole your riches, and nearly destroyed whats left of Incan culture.

But as for older generations, many Peruvians I know claim to be "white" while ignoring thier Incan background. Why is that ?

I am glad to hear things are changing, Meztisos should not hate thier Spaniard ancestry, forgive them, but embrace both sides equally.
The president of Peru used to be Andres "****tard" Fujimori, but fortunantely, Today our president is Allen Garcia. But he sucks too, so yeah.

Don't know much about the Presidents there, why do they suck in your opinion ?

JacopeX
Originally posted by Goddess Kali

That's you younger guys who realize how horribly Spain raped Peru, stole your riches, and nearly destroyed whats left of Incan culture.

But as for older generations, many Peruvians I know claim to be "white" while ignoring thier Incan background. Why is that ?

I am glad to hear things are changing, Meztisos should not hate thier Spaniard ancestry, forgive them, but embrace both sides equally.

Don't know much about the Presidents there, why do they suck in your opinion ? Sorry, but I cannot believe that story at all. Just let me slip out of this one.

And Allen Garcia was not much of a good president. He is like george bush-ish only with common sense. He once dissapeared and reapeared 10 years later telling the public he is sorry. And he is forgiven, now he is president. I don't know how he is doing though. When I went to Peru, it changed alot since the first time I went there when I was 4. They have more businesses, more modern resources and technology, but they are still lacking with some stuff.

Bardock42
Does it really matter now days?

No.... Yes it does matter NOWADAYS.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes it does matter NOWADAYS. Then why don't I give a shit?

Leave me be. wink

Bardock42
Then why don't I give a shit?

Leave me be. wink

C-cause you are an idiot.

And fair dos.

JesusTheChrist

"3 O'CLOCK "

"FINE." THE MAN SAID AND GOT TO THE GROUND. HE PARTED THE DONKEY'S BALLS AND POINTED TO THE CLOCK TOWER BEHIND THEM IN THE DISTANCE.

HAR HAR.

JacopeX
But, I always wonder if Latino's have racist cults....

Goddess Kali
But, I always wonder if Latino's have racist cults....

I doubt it, but that doesn't mean Latinos aren't racist. I know plenty of racist Latinos.

JacopeX
Of course there are racist latinos. My father drives around and as he sees a bunch of blacks, he calls them "Cocolichis". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Goddess Kali
Of course there are racist latinos. My father drives around and as he sees a bunch of blacks, he calls them "Cocolichis". roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know, Blacks get the worst of it sad

BlaxicanHydra
Don't speak your trash language in this thread mad You racists!

chithappens
Well I learned a good deal reading this thread earlier. I'm taking it all in. I didn't know any of that stuff about South America (I knew a small bit about Peru). I think it is important that most folk understand the hardships of cultures outside their own. Makes the whole picture seem more clear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.