Favourite Harry Potter Book!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charlie8
So it's a hard question, but I want to see what one the majority of people like. I'm gonna have to think about it hard tbh. I think a lot of people are going to vote for DH simply because of the hype around it at the moment but, wait and see I suppose. I personally love OOTP, though it may have dragged a little. POA was also good. DH was soo dark, I know it was meant to be but through some of that book it was just so bleak. Anyway, lets start voting! big grin

siriuswriter
Mine's still Order of the Phoenix - I absolutely love that book.

Lana
Mine also remains Order of the Phoenix.

Melcórë
My current favourite is DH, and the reasons for this are manifold.

§P0oONY
1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Harry Potter and the Order Of The Pheonix
6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
7. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

My preferential order.

[Walkah]
I'm not finished with Deathly Hallows yet, but at the moment it's Goblet of Fire.

Soljer
Order of the Phoenix is pretty low in my book - Harry just seems so 'Oh, woe is me!' throughout. It was disgusting. Deathly Hallows and the Half Blood Prince are my favorites, though no particular order between them.

DanZeke25
DH > All

[Walkah]
Originally posted by Soljer
Order of the Phoenix is pretty low in my book - Harry just seems so 'Oh, woe is me!' throughout. It was disgusting. Deathly Hallows and the Half Blood Prince are my favorites, though no particular order between them.

That's what I thought, OOTP is my least favorite of the series.

exanda kane
The Chamber of Secrets. It is, I think, the best, because it is probably the most tightly plotted of her books, advances the story/history between Harry and Voldemort further and is definitely the most complex in terms of allegorical subtext and critique.

They're all bloody good though.

pretty angel
I really liked the globet of fire and i though the chamber of secret was a really good book 2 but everyone will vote for the DH book because it was so exciting and the last book.

fashion*chix247
Im not finished with Deathley hallows yet but for now mine still remains Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban! embarrasment

H. S. 6
1. Deathly Hallows
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Sorcerer's Stone
6. Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Chamber of Secrets

Originally posted by Soljer
Harry just seems so 'Oh, woe is me!' throughout.

So, he was a typical teenager, then. stick out tongue

Council#13
I honestly like all of them a lot, and it's difficult to rank them according to my favorites- except for Book 6. The Half-Blood Prince just didn't cut it with me. It was sort of like the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was just a filler to make way for the grand finale. It was good as far as books go, just not as good as the rest of the Harry Potter books.

Back on topic. My favorite two books were Book 5 and Book 7, followed by Book 4 and Book 1, then Book 3 and Book 2.

darthsith19
I think at this point a lot of people will say book 7,or vote for it, because it is new. The excitement hasn't died down yet. When Star Wars Episode 3 first came out, it was most people's favorites. Now it's died down a lot (though is overall probably considered second after ESB).

Anyways, my order:

1. Deathly Hallows or Order of the Phoenix
2. Deathly Hallows or Order of the Phoenix
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Chamber of Secrets / Sorcerers Stone
6. Chamber of Secrets / Sorcerers Stone
7. Half Blood Prince

HBP wasn't as good because it was really just leading up to book 7.

sithlord1138
1. Deathly Hallows
2. Order Of The Phoenix
3. Prisoner Of Azkaban
4. Goblet Of Fire
5. Half Blood Prince
6. Chamber Of Secrets
7. Sorcerers Stone

Blue_Hefner
1. Order of the Phoenix
2. Deathly Hallows
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Sorcerer's Stone

Council#13
Originally posted by darthsith19
I think at this point a lot of people will say book 7,or vote for it, because it is new. The excitement hasn't died down yet. When Star Wars Episode 3 first came out, it was most people's favorites. Now it's died down a lot (though is overall probably considered second after ESB).

Anyways, my order:

1. Deathly Hallows or Order of the Phoenix
2. Deathly Hallows or Order of the Phoenix
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Chamber of Secrets / Sorcerers Stone
6. Chamber of Secrets / Sorcerers Stone
7. Half Blood Prince

HBP wasn't as good because it was really just leading up to book 7.

woot Let's hear it for people agreeing with me.

~Bun Bun~
Personily i loved HBP because yes it was leading up to DH but you learned alot. I had a feeling after I read that one that many ppl may not like it as much because its almost all just information building up to HB but all that info is important.

1. Deathly Hallows
2. Half Blood Prince
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Goblet of fire
5. Sorcerer's Stone
6. Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Chamber of Secrets

tulakhordpwns
Deathly Hallows

darthsith19
So? The information in book 1 is important, so is the info in books 4 and 5.

potcfan2003
I love the Deathly Hallows... it's sooooo dark and dramatic... that's what I like in books and media...

fini
The one that made me cry the most

DH

potcfan2003
When I was reading tah book, one moment I was sighing at the beauty of sometyhing, and then, I'd star tcracking up laughing, and then I'd be crying... My friends make fun of me for crying during movies, and while reading books, but the ydon't like the kinds of movies and books that I do. To me, a good movie has romance, is realistic, and sad. My friends look for Zac Efron with no shirt... I like DH the best. The most interesting part for me was the Ron/Hermione romance. M yfavorite part is when Ron stabs the locket. Wat's yours?

Council#13
I thought that the battle between Harry and Voldemort in The Deathly Hallows was as bit anti-climatic. It was just "Expelliarmus!" and "Avada Kadavra!" and then Voldemort died. The Hogwarts battle was pretty rushed.

potcfan2003
I know... But I'm kinda glad that HArry didn't kill Voldemort, because Harry wouldn't want to kill anyone. MY take on it was that Voldemort got a taste of his own medicine! I felt so bad for HAgrid when he was carrying "dead" Harry out of the woods. I actually started crying...

loadmaster123

Saige
Deathly Hallows is the best! I cried a lot especially when Fred died....

TheSims14
i kno, i love deathly hallows, my favourite part is wen Harry and Hermione are in Godric's Hollow, at Harry's parents grave
idk y....

Council#13
Originally posted by potcfan2003
I know... But I'm kinda glad that HArry didn't kill Voldemort, because Harry wouldn't want to kill anyone. MY take on it was that Voldemort got a taste of his own medicine! I felt so bad for HAgrid when he was carrying "dead" Harry out of the woods. I actually started crying...

laughing out loud I almost screamed when Hagrid fell from his motorbike. I thought he had died. I thought that maybe Voldemort could've been disarmed then every beats him up. Of course, that sounds kind of juvenile, so I guess what JK did was better.

Originally posted by Saige
Deathly Hallows is the best! I cried a lot especially when Fred died....

Yeah, I was a little mortified that JK decided to kill Fred. I nearly cried when Lupin and Snape died, though, as well as Tonks. It was really sad when you saw Colin Creevey dead, also. You'll always remember him as the first year student who idolized Harry and stood by him until the end.

appleptree
I like all of them, especially the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix .

appleptree
I like the (Book I) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
(Book V) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
best .

Fade and Remain
Originally posted by Council#13
I thought that the battle between Harry and Voldemort in The Deathly Hallows was as bit anti-climatic. It was just "Expelliarmus!" and "Avada Kadavra!" and then Voldemort died. The Hogwarts battle was pretty rushed.

I totally agree. I was like "that's it." confused

But my favs are Deathly Hallows and Half-Blood Prince. reading

If I had magical powers, a wand, and I WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, I would want to know every damnn spell in the book dark or not, countercurses, et cetera.... blink I just do NOT get why Ron, Hermy or Harry didn't do that, use them, STUDY (i mean really study) curses-countercurses and the like.. What the f**k? (Well apart from Hermy, she did know some/most.) Expelliarmus was played out tooo much.

potcfan2003

potcfan2003
Originally posted by Council#13
laughing out loud I almost screamed when Hagrid fell from his motorbike. I thought he had died. I thought that maybe Voldemort could've been disarmed then every beats him up. Of course, that sounds kind of juvenile, so I guess what JK did was better.

Yeah, I was a little mortified that JK decided to kill Fred. I nearly cried when Lupin and Snape died, though, as well as Tonks. It was really sad when you saw Colin Creevey dead, also. You'll always remember him as the first year student who idolized Harry and stood by him until the end.

I was soo sad when Fred died. M yfav. scene is when Ron went to stab the locket and the evil harry and Hermy came out. My friend and I were sdiscussing the book, and her fav. scene was when Hagrid was carrying harry out of the woods... but then again, my friend is weird and liked the scenein HP 5 movie when Voldimort was trying to posess Harry... she started laughing .

Council#13
Originally posted by Fade and Remain
If I had magical powers, a wand, and I WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, I would want to know every damnn spell in the book dark or not, countercurses, et cetera.... blink I just do NOT get why Ron, Hermy or Harry didn't do that, use them, STUDY (i mean really study) curses-countercurses and the like.. What the f**k? (Well apart from Hermy, she did know some/most.) Expelliarmus was played out tooo much.

I agree. I'm sure JK could've thought up some other spells to be used a lot instead of just Expelliarmus. But I guess there's a bit of irony in it, seeing as Expelliarmus was taught to Harry by who he initially thought was his worst enemy, but it was a spell that ended up saving his life multiple times.

potcfan2003
who taught Harr expeliarmus?

Unicor777
1.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2.Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
4.Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5.Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
6.Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
7.Harry Potter and the Philosepher's Stone

Fade and Remain
Originally posted by potcfan2003
who taught Harr expeliarmus?

Snape

zjtrivium
Originally posted by H. S. 6
So, he was a typical teenager, then. stick out tongue

Typical emo... thumb down

addicted2flicks
Honestly, I love all the HP Books! It is very interesting and J.K Rowling has done it pretty amazing, from the books to the theaters. I salute her! :P

cloudysky
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Ericadawn
I wish I could have a tie between PoA and HbP, I loved them both so much.

Harry-Potter330
It IS a VERY hard question to answer, and i love all of them i couldn't only choose one. There all amazingly made the same way and for me it's an impossible question.

AC/DC'S_LVR
id have to say POA ive read it the most, its funny with the part about harry getting caught with the marauders map

d'wittymudblood
Half-Blood Prince!! Because half-blood prince is Severus Snape..
But true, it all lead up to book 7..
But i still like it because of Snape..
hahaha, i also love deathly hallows..made me cry a lot of times!

Icy Ninja
1.Deathly Hallows
2.Goblet Of Fire
3.Chamber Of Secrets
4.Half Blood Prince
5.Order Of The Phoenix
6.Philosoper's Stone
7.Prisoner of Azkaban

red_rose
hi! well, it's not that hard! my favourite harry potter buk is harry potter and the order of the phoenix!!!! so, vote fr it!!!

Montage
reading

Prisoner of Azkaban

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by Montage
reading

Prisoner of Azkaban

tee546
1. deathly hollows
2. order of the pheonix
3. half-blood prince
4. Prisoner of azkzban
5. Goblet of Fire (great ending)
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Sorceror's Stone(harry wasnt even in hogwarts until half of the book)

Wanderer11
Order of the Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.