Odin Vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sandai Kitetsu
smokin'

llagrok
You have a lot of good threads, too bad this one sucks mad

Just kidding. Although Odin has never been capable of reality warping, I think his power and offensive displays are far above Onslaught's. Which is why I think he takes this.

Sandai Kitetsu
How many fights?

llagrok
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
How many fights?

Onslaught's powerset is very impressive, so if his powers are being used to their full extent I would say that he should be capable of taking a solid majority. 7/10

Based on Onslaught's incredibly lacking feats and power displays. Such as being unable to kill even the weakest of avengers and such, I would say that Odin takes the full majority 10/10

norrinradd43
Originally posted by llagrok
Onslaught's powerset is very impressive, so if his powers are being used to their full extent I would say that he should be capable of taking a solid majority. 7/10

Based on Onslaught's incredibly lacking feats and power displays. Such as being unable to kill even the weakest of avengers and such, I would say that Odin takes the full majority 10/10 good post, signed

Hannibal-Lector
as with most onslaught involving threads, i question if it involves onslaughts writing.

Odin should win this 10/10 but due to inconsistant writing and just plain poor writing, if this were to take place in comics Onslaught would somehow end up on top

quanchi112
odin would take him out.

Utrigita
Odin beats him.

Xplosive
Onslaught power level goes beyodn Odin. Maybe he lack feats, but his power level goes beyond that of Odin.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Xplosive
Onslaught power level goes beyodn Odin. Maybe he lack feats, but his power level goes beyond that of Odin.

His powerlevels are beyond odin in theory not in On Panel feats.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Utrigita

That is why I said he lacks feats.

All the power they have at disposal and if they would go all out, Odin should go down.

Utrigita
That is why I said he lacks feats.

All the power they have at disposal and if they would go all out, Odin should go down.

He lacks feats to actually support him beating anyone stick out tongue.

Who are they??? Its only Onslaught.

kevdude
Don't know about this 1. Didn't Onslaught go up against Galactus once??

Utrigita
No never, there have been a thread about the subject lately I believe the majority in the thread believed Galactus quiet easily, against the Onslaught displayed in Comics, would win and against the theory Onslaught with the power of a Celestial Level Being would get a fight but would still remain victorious.

Xplosive
Originally posted by kevdude
Don't know about this 1. Didn't Onslaught go up against Galactus once??

No. Only on forums. smile

But what powers he had, he certainly could go and due to the powers he had, he certainly should beat Odin, but like it's been said, he lacks feats, but we know that he had full Magneto, Xavier, X-Man and Franklin Richards powers.

That power level goes easily beyond Odin.

Utrigita

But what powers he had, he certainly could go and due to the powers he had, he certainly should beat Odin, but like it's been said, he lacks feats, but we know that he had full Magneto, Xavier, X-Man and Franklin Richards powers.

He never displayed he could use that power to there full capacity.

It depends which Odin we are using erm

kevdude

Wow, did Doom show up and save everyone?? big grin that would rock!

Xplosive
Originally posted by kevdude
Wow, did Doom show up and save everyone?? big grin that would rock!

Doom was afraid of him. That is why he joined heroes to stop the Onslaught.

quanchi112
He never displayed he could use that power to there full capacity.

It depends which Odin we are using erm we have to go by paneled feats. unless we have seen it on panel we cant argue based upon theories alone. odin wins all day.

Utrigita
Agree

quanchi112
Agree thumb up

draxx_tOfU

does that mean that Odin is also higher than say, Mistress Love or Master Hate since both lack on-panel feats?

barring shitty writing, Onslaught takes this...

Utrigita
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
does that mean that Odin is also higher than say, Mistress Love or Master Hate since both lack on-panel feats?

barring shitty writing, Onslaught takes this...

Sorry but there is a little difference wouldn't you say between a Abstract being that maintain a balance in the universe and are in definition up around Eternity in power and was capable of affecting Thanos W/IG, and a being manifested from Charles Xaviars dark personality erm.

This is different here we have a skyfather with On Panel feats vs A being also with On Panel feats, feats that lead us to assume that Odin would be above Onslaught. This isn't as much speculation as say Galactus vs a Celestial because there we have practically no usefull information to make a accurate assumption, because we lack good feats shown by the Celestials and Galactus doing the same thing, such a Thread is speculation. This on the other hand were both have a good potion of On Panel feats we can easily IMO jugde how would emerge victorious. We have Odin warping a Galaxy with the Odinforce, while we have Onslaught creating a sun.

BTW what makes you think Onslaught takes this confused

llagrok

Xplosive
BTW what makes you think Onslaught takes this

Probably due to the powers he had, but never used them.
Still, Onslaught did defeat Phoenix Force, which is far beyond Odin.

Still, Phoenix Force is more powerful than all the power Onslaught had combined.

But Odin power we know are bellow that of Franklin Richards.
And if Onslaught had his power, we know what he is capable of and FR has some high feats and is mentioned by Celestial as their equal.
So why can't we also take Franklin Richards feats, because it was mentioned more times that Onslaught had their full powers through the series (but of course didn't use them to their full capacity, not even of FR or X-Man).
And he had more than just FR power.

It looked like even the Watcher Uatu was afraid of his full power.

TricksterPriest

Still, Phoenix Force is more powerful than all the power Onslaught had combined.

And if Onslaught had his power, we know what he is capable of and FR has some high feats and is mentioned by Celestial as their equal.
So why can't we also take Franklin Richards feats, because it was mentioned more times that Onslaught had their full powers through the series (but of course didn't use them to their full capacity, not even of FR or X-Man).

Yeah.........that's another thing. A couple of Onslaught's feats are really......iffy......if not outright crap. Like pulling the Cyttorak gem out of Juggernaut or beating the Phoenix force. Though that last one is more likely Phoenix doing what it does best, jobbing for the loss. stick out tongue

Xplosive
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yeah.........that's another thing. A couple of Onslaught's feats are really......iffy......if not outright crap. Like pulling the Cyttorak gem out of Juggernaut or beating the Phoenix force. Though that last one is more likely Phoenix doing what it does best, jobbing for the loss. stick out tongue

Beating the Phoenix, I find awkward, doing what he did to Juggernaut and knowing how powerful Onslaught was, that wasn't so surprising.
He practically beat whole Earth on his own.

draxx_tOfU
Sorry but there is a little difference wouldn't you say between a Abstract being that maintain a balance in the universe and are in definition up around Eternity in power and was capable of affecting Thanos W/IG, and a being manifested from Charles Xaviars dark personality erm.

comparison is beside the point, it is more in the application of the way you made the statement...

despite the lack of feats you yourself are in agreement that Onslaught's powerlevels are beyond Odin in theory...

and why not, with an amalgamation of powers ranging from the world's most prominent telepath, a person who can control the whole EM spectrum, and two omega mutants, one of whom is destined to surpass skyfather status...

with a limited appearance and an uber myriad of abilities, who's to say that aforementioned instances such as those concerning Juggernaut and Phoenix are PIS?............and who could forget Onslaught Hulk...

and on that last note, i'm gonna take the easy route despite feats, blame it on shitty writing... big grin

i get your point though about the feats, and per forum rules, Onslaught still takes this imo...

Utrigita

Thats exactly it he never used any of the powers.

Onslaught defeated a astral projection of the Phoenix force.

If he had the full power then he wasn't really good at using it erm IMO

Utrigita
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
comparison is beside the point, it is more in the application of the way you made the statement...

despite the lack of feats you yourself are in agreement that Onslaught's powerlevels are beyond Odin in theory...

and why not, with an amalgamation of powers ranging from the world's most prominent telepath, a person who can control the whole EM spectrum, and two omega mutants, one of whom is destined to surpass skyfather status...

with a limited appearance and an uber myriad of abilities, who's to say that aforementioned instances such as those concerning Juggernaut and Phoenix are PIS?............and who could forget Onslaught Hulk...

and on that last note, i'm gonna take the easy route despite feats, blame it on shitty writing... big grin

i get your point though about the feats, and per forum rules, Onslaught still takes this imo...

Okay thumb up its your own decision in the last end.

Xplosive
If he had the full power then he wasn't really good at using it erm IMO

True.

Tyrant
Onslaught wins.

Let's take none of Onslaught's feats into consideration, and how about we call them all shitty writing.
Now, instead we use theories about how powerful Onslaught should have been given what he had, and ignore things like him getting cracked open by Cyke, and a minor blast from Thor.
Great logic indeed.

Onslaught equals Celestial + Dark Phoenix + Magneto/Xavier.
Onslaught wins.
I mean, remember when Onslaught one punched Hulk, and was able to one-shot all the heroes?
And, exactly like a Celestial, he was able to completely ignore all the Earth heroes, since he's that powerful!

Onslaught threads, in my opinion are a joke when people start writing him off to be more than he was shown to be.
I mean, what an inconsistent character, when all the theories of his powers, go against what he was shown to do!

Plus, didn't Onslaught snuff out the Force, only in Jean's mind?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tyrant
Onslaught wins.

Let's take none of Onslaught's feats into consideration, and how about we call them all shitty writing.
Now, instead we use theories about how powerful Onslaught should have been given what he had, and ignore things like him getting cracked open by Cyke, and a minor blast from Thor.
Great logic indeed.

Onslaught equals Celestial + Dark Phoenix + Magneto/Xavier.
Onslaught wins.
I mean, remember when Onslaught one punched Hulk, and was able to one-shot all the heroes?
And, exactly like a Celestial, he was able to completely ignore all the Earth heroes, since he's that powerful!

Onslaught threads, in my opinion are a joke when people start writing him off to be more than he was shown to be.
I mean, what an inconsistent character, when all the theories of his powers, go against what he was shown to do!

Plus, didn't Onslaught snuff out the Force, only in Jean's mind?

i believe we are talking it into consideration but I isn't finding anything that makes me go all wild about his powerset.

Nate Grey doesn't equals Dark Phoenix and the Celestials believed that Franklin would have the potential to have power rivalling there own.

And you believe that Odin would give a shit about being attacked by the heroes???

He is indeed writing of to be more then he can.

Yes only in her mind.

Tyrant
i believe we are talking it into consideration but I isn't finding anything that makes me go all wild about his powerset.

Nate Grey doesn't equals Dark Phoenix and the Celestials believed that Franklin would have the potential to have power rivalling there own.

And you believe that Odin would give a shit about being attacked by the heroes???

He is indeed writing of to be more then he can.

Yes only in her mind. So, we should take into consideration what he should be, and not what he is?

Nate Grey has been said to rival Dark Phoenix.

Not at all. Just saying how about every feat of Onslaught's contradicts the theories of his power.

The weird thing is, that no one takes Odin's feats into consideration...
Like his other half (that he one-shotted when he gained control), causing damage to every planet.
Or, Odin creating suns in his battle with I believe Forsung, and traversing across the entire universe as well, in that battle.
Etc, etc.
Oh well, Onslaught was an inconsistent character, because theories don't match up with his on-panel appearances...

Logic = pwned!

Priest
odin

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tyrant
So, we should take into consideration what he should be, and not what he is?

Nate Grey has been said to rival Dark Phoenix.

Not at all. Just saying how about every feat of Onslaught's contradicts the theories of his power.

The weird thing is, that no one takes Odin's feats into consideration...
Like his other half (that he one-shotted when he gained control), causing damage to every planet.
Or, Odin creating suns in his battle with I believe Forsung, and traversing across the entire universe as well, in that battle.
Etc, etc.
Oh well, Onslaught was an inconsistent character, because theories don't match up with his on-panel appearances...

Logic = pwned!

No we shouldn't take it into consideration but sometimes like it happened in the Galactus vs Onslaught Thread its okay to speculate what he could have done, but as I have said earlier the actual Onslaught the displayed in comic didn't impresse me.

Well his levels where measured by Moire machine and she said that the only time she could remember it going to high was the Dark Phoenix but we have to accept that the machine have limits like say 1000 but Nate Grey is 2000 and Dark Phoenix is 2.000.000. it would give the same result because the machine gives the same result above 1000.

True.

Well I argue for Odin.

Lord S
Doom was afraid of him. That is why he joined heroes to stop the Onslaught. Surely you jest, son...Doom was not afraid. He aligned himself with the heroes for the sole purpose of capitalizing on the carnage left behind by Onslaught's eventual demise.

BTW, Odin takes this cause the vast majority of Onslaught's power isn't even his own.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Lord S
Surely you jest, son...Doom was not afraid. He aligned himself with the heroes for the sole purpose of capitalizing on the carnage left behind by Onslaught's eventual demise.

Pretty much afraid what Onslaught was doing.

Lord S
Pretty much afraid what Onslaught was doing. Did he express any fear? What did you see to indicate fear?

starlock

This is how people get confused...and this is how people see misleading scans and jump to conclusions...

Onslaught never fought the phoenix force period!!!!!!
Onslaught was in jeans mind trying to get her to unlock the secrets of the phoenix force .

now we will have another 10 posters claiming onslaught defeated the phoenix

Odin wins

quanchi112
odins wins this hands down.

Xplosive
Did he express any fear? What did you see to indicate fear?

Nothing, actually, but he was afraid Onslaught taking the Earth. Everyone was afraid, also heroes, and it's not necessary to express fear, even if you are afraid, especially such beings as Dr. Doom.
Dr. Doom, such evil and then joined the Earth to stop even greater evil.

Why did he even care?
That doesn't mean he was afraid, but probably was, deep inside them, everyone was.

Lord S
Nothing, actually, but he was afraid Onslaught taking the Earth. Everyone was afraid, also heroes, and it's not necessary to express fear, even if you are afraid, especially such beings as Dr. Doom.
Dr. Doom, such evil and then joined the Earth to stop even greater evil.

Why did he even care?
That doesn't mean he was afraid, but probably was, deep inside them, everyone was. Doom is a guy who showed no fear in going toe-to-toe with the original Beyonder...and you're trying to tell me he was afraid of Onslaught?

I think you're confusing Doom for Apocalypse...as he was the one who kept his distance the entire time. Watching like a sissy from the sidelines.

Xplosive
Doom is a guy who showed no fear in going toe-to-toe with the original Beyonder...and you're trying to tell me he was afraid of Onslaught?

I think you're confusing Doom for Apocalypse...as he was the one who kept his distance the entire time. Watching like a sissy from the sidelines.

It's not necessary to show fear, if you are afraid. He joined the Earth to stop Onslaught, at least, he obviously cared. Something bothered him if he joined, something about Onslaught.
It doesnt' matter if he went toe-to-toe aganist Beyonder, he dind't go against Onslaught. And he had plan to take Beyodner powers.
So, he wasn't careless. And I said, it's not necessary he was afraid, but if he joined in goal to stop the Onslaught, that showed he did care for something, maybe afraid of Onslaught taking over the Earth.

Lord S
It's not necessary to show fear, if you are afraid. He joined the Earth to stop Onslaught, at least, he obviously cared. Something bothered him if he joined, something about Onslaught.
It doesnt' matter if he went toe-to-toe aganist Beyonder, he dind't go against Onslaught. And he had plan to take Beyodner powers.
So, he wasn't careless. And I said, it's not necessary he was afraid, but if he joined in goal to stop the Onslaught, that showed he did care for something, maybe afraid of Onslaught taking over the Earth. Doom was ready to take Onslaught's power, too. If you remember he had some sort of device ready before Iron Man grabbed him pulled him into Onslaught.

Of course he cared...it's his planet, too. And I'm sure he saw Onslaught as a threat, but I certainly doubt he 'feared' him. Doom fears no one.

If faced with the Living Tribunal, he would show no fear...he would call him a three-headed buffoon before being vaporized.

Xplosive
Doom was ready to take Onslaught's power, too. If you remember he had some sort of device ready before Iron Man grabbed him pulled him into Onslaught.

Correct.

Of course he cared...it's his planet, too. And I'm sure he saw Onslaught as a threat, but I certainly doubt he 'feared' him. Doom fears no one.

I agree.
But I think there is always something, that you are afraid, maybe even for Dr. Doom.
Maybe not power or some threat that he would fear or something like that, but in some other way. There is always almost something.

I know Dr. Doom, but not that good enough. Was he afraid of anything through comic books?
There must be something?.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.