Hayate vs Silent Hill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Hayate did the one thing that no one in the clan or the Hajinmon sect could ever do: kill Kasumi.

All he did was run her through with a dagger, stabbing her heart.

However, with the shame on the clan erased, Hayate is not at peace. Three weeks later, he receives a letter. The name on the envelope was Kasumi.

The letter was short and to the point.

You should have found a better dagger. I am in Silent Hill, waiting for you.

Leaving the clan in Ayane's care, Hayate heads for America to the town known as Silent Hill.

Little does he know what he is in for. Since he couldn't contact Hayabusa (who was furious at him for killing Kasumi), he doesn't know about the dark forces which had taken over the town. All he knows is that Kasumi is somewhere in the town.

With only his wits and his martial arts skills, Hayate has to survive the town. Will he receive his personal redemption...or damnation?

lightness
i'm confused

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by lightness
i'm confused That isn't surprising considering it's Snafu's thread.

Snafu the Great
i'm confused

If you played any of the Silent Hill games, it's really simple.

Quoting President Evil from his Silent Hilly plot synopsis, "Silent Hill...is a place that calls out to the damned. And the damned on earth are those who suffer from the weight of their deeds."

Hayate didn't come to Silent Hill to find Kasumi. He's been running from what he did, hoping to forget what he had done.

The choice is simple: Can Hayate forgive himself for killing Kasumi? Or is there no saving him and he will be resigned to his damnation.

ThoraxeRMG
Why and would Hayate go to silent hill?

lightness
can't he just get out easily. he's not a normal human like all other sh chars.

Guilty Gear
Snafu makes wierd threads involving random ninjas from DOA.

ThoraxeRMG
This is crazy....

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Why and would Hayate go to silent hill?

Hayate is looking for Kasumi. Basically, replace James Sunderland with Hayate and you see what I am getting at.

The idea for this is that Hayate was forced to chose his leadership of the clan over family, something which ate at him ever since he killed Kasumi.

What can I say? Most of my ideas for these matches comes from me being a writer of fanfiction (amongst other things)

can't he just get out easily. he's not a normal human like all other sh chars.

I want Hayate to face his demons, which is why I made this thread. He may not be a normal character, but unless he does something other than lose to girls and getting maimed, then my opinion will change about him.

Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Snafu makes wierd threads involving random ninjas from DOA.

So? I have that creative edge with my threads. I'm not scared to make what matches come into my head.

ThoraxeRMG
Hayate didn't kill Kasumi. And he wouldn't.
Again, this is crazy...

Guilty Gear
Again, this is crazy... Basically.

Snafu the Great
Again, this is crazy...

This is basically a 'what if.' What if Hayate did off Kasumi but he couldn't live with himself. He wants to make peace with himself, hence Silent Hill comes to play.

ThoraxeRMG
Then this "what if" scenario doesn't make much sense.
If he did kill Kasumi, he would live the rest of his life normally.
And he wouldn't spontaneously leave his village to go to a place he never been or heard of.

StyleTime
Ok I'm back for a bit and I actually wanted to assess this thread.
Firstly, I must say I have never played Silent Hill so I'm just going by what you said Snafu.

Hayate's relationship with Kasumi is tricky. Obviously, he is sending assassins to hunt down his litte sister. Ostensibly, he is very dedicated to his position as leader of Mugen Tenshin. However, he has been shown multiple times to feel some kind of reluctance to actually kill her. He may be sending people he knows she can beat so he can satisfy the Mugen Tenshin while not actually harming Kasumi. Before Ayane interrupted them on the bridge, Kasumi and Hayate did appear to be having some heart to heart dialogue. Usually though, Hayate tries to exude a cool demeanor and doesn't actually say much to her. I think he is trying to distance himself from her emotionally, so if and when she does die, he won't feel as sad. Hayate, not so strangely enough, also has never engaged Kasumi directly in combat. It further cements the theory that he doesn't really want her dead.

My guess is that Hayate will wind up in Silent Hill and never forgive himself. I'm not exactly what happens in Silent Hill when someone can't forgive himself, but it'll happen to Hayate.

lightness
either way hayate can just get out of sh easily. just jump over the broken roads which block regular ppl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.