The Prince's Tale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Infinity
I think this is one of the greatest chapters in the hole saga of harry potter. smile . I wanna know wut everyone else thought about it

i know this thread is pointless but im bored.

DanZeke25
I thought it was boring until Snape started talking with Dumbledore.

stormlover
Originally posted by DanZeke25
me too. it felt kinda 'out of place' in that part of the book.

Infinity
i think it was the best chapter and it explained that snape was good and why he was good. he loved lilly evans from the moment he saw her. too bad he was never loved by anyone in return though. except for dumbledore. it was a very touching and revealing chapter in my opinion

Surreal_44
I enjoyed this chapter. It was a nice break and it was important for Harry to hear that he had to die. One thing that did bother me was Harry's lack of reaction to the fact that Snape and his mum were best friends, and he didn't seem stunned that Snape was a good guy.

I know, I know, hearing the news that you had to die after all probably pushed those thoughts aside, but by the end of the book I would have liked it if Harry had at least left instructions with someone to fetch Snape's body and bring him to the school to be placed with those who died defending it.

Infinity
Originally posted by Surreal_44
I enjoyed this chapter. It was a nice break and it was important for Harry to hear that he had to die. One thing that did bother me was Harry's lack of reaction to the fact that Snape and his mum were best friends, and he didn't seem stunned that Snape was a good guy.

I know, I know, hearing the news that you had to die after all probably pushed those thoughts aside, but by the end of the book I would have liked it if Harry had at least left instructions with someone to fetch Snape's body and bring him to the school to be placed with those who died defending it.

I never thought about that. What did happen to snape's body ? And all the other's that died. They never had a proper funeral. I also wanted to see what happened to Luna after 19years and how the rest of the weasly's were dealing with the death of fred. Who was teddy tonks living with btw??

celestialdemon
Originally posted by DanZeke25

Same here. That's exactly the way I felt. I don't think she needed to touch on THAT much background info between the two. It would have been enough to have one scene before Hogwarts, where Snape explains how it works to her, another short scene of the Sorting hat, one of her coming to his aid from James Potter, and their falling out. Could have taken only 3 or 4 pages.

The rest of it, the scenes with him and Dumbledore, were fantastic.

Infinity
hm i think otherwise. it adds more importance when it talks about harry's mother having had a past with snape. snape ftw xD

Running Mascara

That what I thought also... ermmhappy

I felt bad when Snape died weep

And I loved that chapter, after I read the book I kept going back to read from it love

Surreal_44
The background information was vitally important to Snape's, Lily's and even Petunia's stories. It shows the relationships, the brittleness of Petunia even at a young age, and it makes her quite sympathetic.

The fact that she wrote to Dumbledore and asked to attend Hogwarts was extraordinary, and then the breaking of the bond between sisters was very sad for me to read. We also see how bent Snape was, and we glimpse a bit more of what his home life was like.

Slightly off-topic, but I did hate the epilogue. Or at least I felt there should have been another chapter or few more pages dealing with the bodies and such. It felt like too big a jump for me, and I really wanted to see Snape's body treated with respect.

Do you think there is a painting of him in the Headmaster's office? I would hope so, but I'm not sure how those magical paintings work.

Infinity
The background information was vitally important to Snape's, Lily's and even Petunia's stories. It shows the relationships, the brittleness of Petunia even at a young age, and it makes her quite sympathetic.

The fact that she wrote to Dumbledore and asked to attend Hogwarts was extraordinary, and then the breaking of the bond between sisters was very sad for me to read. We also see how bent Snape was, and we glimpse a bit more of what his home life was like.

Slightly off-topic, but I did hate the epilogue. Or at least I felt there should have been another chapter or few more pages dealing with the bodies and such. It felt like too big a jump for me, and I really wanted to see Snape's body treated with respect.

Do you think there is a painting of him in the Headmaster's office? I would hope so, but I'm not sure how those magical paintings work.

couldn't have said it better myself

Arianna
Snape was a headmaster of Hogwarts, he'll get a painting!

Infinity
snape deserve's more then a painting. he deserves love. and a before someone says his name.

snape is the best. I never liked him until the truth was revealed to me.

Arianna
Can we give him an Order of Merlin 1st Class?

willRules
It felt too detached and disjointed from the main action. It literally was a stand alone scene that ripped us from the current settings. However it was a superbly written chapter that was a huge revelation and a huge development in character for Snape. A really cool chapter in a really odd place in the book yes

Infinity
Originally posted by Arianna
Can we give him an Order of Merlin 1st Class?

amen to that.

--

snape is the hero of the harry potter series xD

Surio
I really enjoyed this chapter. We got to know Snape a little better and found out how he was good in the end. I was surprised to see that the Doe was really his patronus. Great chapter, Great book.

Infinity
o.o i think snape is a mvp men this chapter changed my opinion on him xDDDDDD i am so bored

--

TO THE OFF TOPIC FORUM XD

Some_Black_Guy
Originally posted by Infinity
i think it was the best chapter and it explained that snape was good and why he was good. he loved lilly evans from the moment he saw her. too bad he was never loved by anyone in return though. except for dumbledore. it was a very touching and revealing chapter in my opinion

I agree. This was my favorite part of the book because it revealed so much - you realize how brave Snape was, despite his inability to overcome his grudge against James Potter. Snape never liked Harry because Harry had Lily's eyes, which reminded him of what he had lost, and Harry was also a lot like his father and so Harry was a combination of what he loved and despised; a taunting ghost whose presence irked Snape. And still, he did what he had to do. He infiltrated Voldemort's innermost circle, and you can imagine how hard that must have been - to face and serve the man who killed the only person you ever loved without being discovered or losing control. Not to mention the fact that he always protected Harry, even though Harry usually didn't realize it.

I must say, after reading The Prince's Tale, Snape became my favorite character in the series.

Infinity
Originally posted by Some_Black_Guy
I must say, after reading The Prince's Tale, Snape became my favorite character in the series.

big grin

I must say, after reading The Prince's Tale, Snape became my favorite character in the series. <-----------Me too smile

Clovie
LOVED IT!!!

It proved that I was right about Snape being on dumbie;s orders! happy he;s my hero big grin

MistressofSnape
Well, I'm happy Snape finally got the recognition he deserved. He's always been my favorite character. If anything, that chapter proved two of my theories right; he was following Dumbledore's orders and he had a secret infatuation with Lily.

Infinity
<33 snape<33

Running Mascara
I loved snape, but I think I loved him more in the movies than in the book, but by the end of the book he was one of my favorite characters love

Arianna
I always liked Snape since he saved Harry from Quirrel at the first ever Quidditch match.

Running Mascara
Yea, I lked Snape since that too, but sometimes I would forget I lked him ermm

randomx3
"But this is touching, Severus," said Dumbledore seriously. "Have you grown to care for the boy,after all?"
"For him?" shouted Snape. "Expecto Patronum!"

Running Mascara
I love that part love

I always go back to read it happy

randomx3
my bad on the post up thereee.
ok i love this chapter. it has to be one of my favorites. but something confuses me and i was wondering if anyone can help me understand..

"But this is touching, Severus," said Dumbledore seriously. "Have you grown to care for the boy,after all?"
"For him?" shouted Snape. "Expecto Patronum!"
From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: She landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

ok does that mean Snape always cared for Harry or always hated him? or always cared for Lily? this was bugging me..

Barker
He only ever cared for Lily. He hated Harry because he was James' son, but he also watched out for him throughout the series because he was Lily's son also.

randomx3
ohh okay thanks. the more i read it over again, it made sense.
i knew he always cared for lily but i was a lil confused there. confused

anyways, greattt chapter big grin

willofthewisp
Yeah, Dumbledore's asking if after all this time Snape still loves Lily, and he says he always will.

mystery
Yup it is. I was laughing reading the whole chapter. Snape...wow. Too bad he died...no...hahaha. still cracks me up.

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by Infinity
I think this is one of the greatest chapters in the hole saga of harry potter. smile . I wanna know wut everyone else thought about it

i know this thread is pointless but im bored.
This chapter made me cry......................but then, the whole book made me cry. ermmnone

travesty87
I thot this chapter was absolutely brilliant...it was a twist which made u see things i.e. snape in a whole new light...changes everythin u thot u knew...

willofthewisp
It makes me nervous how it will be done on film. While POA is a wonderful, artistic interpretation of the book, it really bypasses the closeness of the marauders and only implies very subtly that they were the ones who created the map in the first place.

They also butchered Snape's worst memory in OOTP. I can understand a movie means time restraints, but they took a whole chapter, one that really makes Harry wonder just what kind of guy his dad was, and converts that into a couple of seconds.

I just wonder how they will do these consecutive flashbacks in a way that will be fair to Snape and Lily. It would be easy to make her look really bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.