Smugglers Pirates and General Scum and Villians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jude007
This may not be very current. But here goes. I thought there was no real smugglers and villans in these episodes. There was a few Bounty Hunters, but the character that was most missed in these was of course, Han Solo. Talk about stating the obvious!!! But when it comes down to it there was too much official folk in these films and not enough of the real person caught up, just trying to get by. Which made the whole thing a struggle between political dogmas and not very rooted in real emotions. After all in the original treatment for the first films Han Solo and Obi Wan Kenobi , where the same person.

Tangible God
The lack of sincere emotion in films in general can really screw it over in terms of quality.

But um, "real person caught up?" .....what? What's this thread asking, or discussing?

queeq
I don't get it. Make it clear or it is closed.

Stun
Meaning, there wasnt a 'Han type' character in the Prequels i guess, and i agree they're should of been, or a more diverse bunch of characters. Now with the Original Trilogy you had the witty smuggler, damsel in distress, goofy farmboy, the old wizard, and the droid comedy duo - all these kind of stereotypes if you will, and it makes for a more interesting story when you put all these different characters together and make them interact. It would of been nice to see more of this in the Prequels, for me personally

queeq
But we had JarJar...

exanda kane
The fact that there was "Not enough of the real person caught up" is a major disappointment for me with the PT, as was most of it (by and by, I simply do not care about it anymore).

Airhead Jedi simply can't emit the amount of cynical bollocks needed to fulfill the slot of antagonism; they tried Ewan McGregor, but it's a different effect when you give the cocky remarks to an impassive and detached character.

queeq
That's very true. Good analysis.

Stun
nevertheless, i love the saga on the wholecool it still felt like star wars when i watched the PT (Even though i started as an Old Trilogy fan) i guess i dont have a bad thing to say about it - simple as. Greatest Saga Ever - smokin'

Schecter
what about scoundrels?

queeq
Originally posted by Stun
nevertheless, i love the saga on the wholecool it still felt like star wars when i watched the PT (Even though i started as an Old Trilogy fan) i guess i dont have a bad thing to say about it - simple as. Greatest Saga Ever - smokin'

That;s rather odd.... I have lots of bad things to say about the PT. wink

exanda kane
Aye, sometimes it's hard to put it into words.

queeq
Not for me. wink

General G
Then enlighten us.

queeq
No.

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
I don't get it. Make it clear or it is closed.

laughing out loud

queeq
Still not clear. The end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.