How would you introduce carnage? (if you had to)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Ok so your Sam Raimi and your deciding to do the fourth movie of spider-man and Sony come up to you, they say they want Carnage as the villain...how would you do introduce Carnage into the story? They wanna make Carnage the main villain for the movie with Lizard.

My idea's would be either to have carnage as an escaped lunatic and he comes to Peters college and takes people in Dr Connors classroom hostage. Peter is late for college and see's whats going on. He changes into spider-man and beats Kassady. During the fight the symbiote that Connors has is knocked out of the jar and hides. As the police take cassady away the symbiote hides by clinging to an officers shoe/belt. Later the symbiote looks for a host after leaving the officer, he finds Kassady and they join to make Carnage. Second idea is during the fight the symbiote is knocked out of the jar and rather than hiding bonds with Kassady, the symbiote escapes before spider-man can stop him, when spider-man tries to chase carnage, carnage is gone and no where in sight.

Dazzler619
Not a bad idea but I really can't picture Kassady holding a bunch a kids hostage.How about he just hides in Connors lab (from the police) which he knocks down the glass tube which holds the symbiote, and it goes on him?

I have nothing against Carnage (since he's my fav) but I extremely doubt he'll ever be in a Spidey sequel due to his violet acts

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Dazzler619
Not a bad idea but I really can't picture Kassady holding a bunch a kids hostage.How about he just hides in Connors lab (from the police) which he knocks down the glass tube which holds the symbiote, and it goes on him?

I have nothing against Carnage (since he's my fav) but I extremely doubt he'll ever be in a Spidey sequel due to his violet acts

Would you or anyone want to see Carnage so dumbed down to be in a future Spidey film?

steverules
Did you not see my 'Carnage in a future spider-man film?' thread...pretty much everyone on that thread wanted Carnage to be in a spider-man film, so I think people do want Carnage...it's possible, I think they kept the symbiote with connors for a reason

Ultimate Hulk43
I'd have it where the little piece of the symbiote in Dr. Conners lab is about to die as it hasn't been able to bond with anything & become stronger. However, before dying, the symbiote reproduces. Since the spawn is stronger, it's able to escape out of the lab. Escaped convict Cletus Kasady is on the run & causes a massive car crash with a few police cars. After a few more minutes of chasing Cletus Kasady hops out the car & runs on foot but is caught. However, while he is being cuffed, the little spawn of the old symbiote makes it's way into his pocket. So, as time goes on the symbiote becomes bigger & soon Kasady is able to escape from prison & becomes the terrifying villain Carnage.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Would you or anyone want to see Carnage so dumbed down to be in a future Spidey film?
Everyone says that he'll suck since he won't get to kill as much. Yeah, he won't but they didn't let him do that in the animated series either did they? Obviously not, and he imo was great. He'll get away with more in the film and chances are a bundle of people will still hate it (what else is new) but most will be happy with it.

Swanky-Tuna
How do you dumb down Carnage?

Wolverine2006
I don't know how Cassady wuld get the symbiote but I know how the symbiote can become Carnage instead of a piece of Venom.

My idea also involves the Lizard. Dr. Connors is working on his Lizard serum so that he can grow his arm back, but before he uses it on himself he tests it on alot of other things including the piece of Venom's symbiote and when he does that the symbiote gets bigger and red. That wuld explain Carnage, and then the Lizard culd be in it too. Also the piece from the explosion at the end of the movie culd become Venom. So then u have Venom, Carnage and the Lizard to beat the crap outta Spider-man.

Swanky-Tuna
"I'm going to take this serum! No... too dangerous. I don't know how it'll react to my human physiology. I'll test it first on this mysterious black substance that Pete brought me that has nothing in common with the human body to make sure it's safe to use on myself, a human."

Wolverine2006
EXACTLY!!!

Micheal_Myers

I've said it before and I will say it again.There are many ways to let the audience know that Carnage is killing a bunch of people without really showing them.

1: They could show his shadow as he goes in for the kill.
2:First person perspective from the victim, screen goes to black at the deathblow.
3:Newspapers being released telling of a series of sadistic homicides.
etc..
feel free to add some more on the list..

Sam Z
The same way Venom was killing SWAT team. They show how he grabbed them but never how he killed them.

steverules
How do we know he killed them? Was it mentioned that he killed them or something?

Swanky-Tuna
Venom fought a swat team?

I mentioned something similar in another thread but this is a little more refined:

1) Establish where the symbiote or piece of symbiote is
2) Main plot with
3) Subplot of serial killings in the background. Little or no involvement by Spidey due to main plot.
4) Climax of main plot while
5) Killer is being pursued through tv news
6) 4 and 5 lead to location of symbiote
7) Something happens which leads to killer getting symbiote
8) Double climax. If main plot villain is still around, possible team-up.

There's not much of a need for any kind of mutation or birthing thing to maintain the story. I can't really think of a reason for him to be red though except maybe if Cletus has a lot of fresh blood on him and it kind of melds together into a black/red mix.

F_doomed
Well I would say hey this is a killer manic named Cletus..oh did i mention he has a symbiot e that creates a monster named carnage...well bye (proceede to run away)

Darkhalen
I would not introduce carnage in the film (as i dislike him) but to see him ruined like my favorite villain venom would be to much i would say spidy battles mysterio and he hides in a lunatic asylum using his gas to make spidy think he is in a chemical plant and he accidentally releases kassidy who runs to a Dr Conner's lab as he is hounded by police and accidentally knocks over the symbiote but since it has been without a host for so long it bonds with his blood to survive and gives him a red look instead of venom's black look but i would save carnage for say the fifth so that he could be a main villain but honestly i would like mysterio and venom in the next film but carnage would be great if he could be used well and not toned down even though i don't like him he would make a challenge indeed for spider-man

emir
Carnage was always my favorite Spider-Man villain, but I would hate to see him in the movie, because he would be ruined just like most villains in Spider-Man movies are: there would be too many other characters, so he would appear only briefly, and would eventually redeem himself, like most of them do, which would be a complete betrayal of the character, of his insanity and hatred towards Spider-Man.

Scarecrow756
Hi guys here is a brief plot syonpsis I have for a Spider-Man 4 script I have been writing. Cletus Kassady would get introduced in one of the opening scenes.

Synopsis Of Spider-Man 4
One year after the events of Spider-Man 3, Peter faces an awkward life as the web slinger. His relationship with MJ has reached its all time low with the girl of his dreams leaving New York for a better future. However a new evil that will threaten all that he loves has risen and to fight this evil he must appeal to the humanity of his arc nemesis Venom. Who has been biding his time after near death in order to destroy Spider-Man once and for all

Dazzler619
I'll get to the point in a sec but did anyone here ever seen Wes Craven's Deadly Friend?

Magic_attack
Originally posted by steverules
Ok so your Sam Raimi and your deciding to do the fourth movie of spider-man and Sony come up to you, they say they want Carnage as the villain...how would you do introduce Carnage into the story? They wanna make Carnage the main villain for the movie with Lizard.

My idea's would be either to have carnage as an escaped lunatic and he comes to Peters college and takes people in Dr Connors classroom hostage. Peter is late for college and see's whats going on. He changes into spider-man and beats Kassady. During the fight the symbiote that Connors has is knocked out of the jar and hides. As the police take cassady away the symbiote hides by clinging to an officers shoe/belt. Later the symbiote looks for a host after leaving the officer, he finds Kassady and they join to make Carnage. Second idea is during the fight the symbiote is knocked out of the jar and rather than hiding bonds with Kassady, the symbiote escapes before spider-man can stop him, when spider-man tries to chase carnage, carnage is gone and no where in sight.

Steve, these ideas are great! You should make a second thread based on this almost exact same topic. durup

Spideys Sister
... Hmmm... Well besides the fact that SSboy and myself have decided to kill Raimi if he F's up SM4....

Kassidy has always been portrayed as always being insane. If they showed him in a situation... like in iraq going crazy it'd make more sense... like:

Kassidy is kidnapped and held hostage in iraq during the war, After being rescued Doc Conners is seen having been flown in to help the soilders. he treats Kass with the venom suit he tweeked around with. It furthers his insanity causing him to kill his squad. (Doc narrowly escapes) Kass loves the feeling is flow back to NY where he's sent to jail for the murders. Carnage revels itself to him and helps him break out of prison to resume the mayhem... meets spiderman blah blah blah...
smile

Sorry for the war referance.

Symbiotic
I'm thinking something with Connors turning into the Lizard and wrecking his whole lab, allowing the symbiote to free itself. The symbiote crawls through a bit of Connor's serum and mutates. Meanwhile, Cletus is being transported in a police car nearby when the Lizard storms past, allowing Cletus to escape. He hides out in the wreckage of the lab, where the (now red) symbiote finds him. They bond and he springs out at the officers...

OR

They retcon Venom's lame death, we see him in jail, and they follow the comics. laughing

Toku King
If I had to? The Symbiote sample Conners has accidentally gets caught in a Lizard serum, grows rapidly(the 'growing back lost limbs' catch), mutates, and in all of its new viciousness, searches for the meanest and unhinged guy around, namely Cletus Kassady.

Hopefully, though, he won't be used.

Neo Darkhalen
co-signed really not only is Carnage a lame villain, but really putting him in would be like putting the new goblin in 3 there would be no point to it.

Magic_attack
I agree. No Carnage needed.

Micheal_Myers
Technically speaking we dont NEED any villains at this point. The series could just end now. Now I know we are getting 3 more, but there is no particular need for any certain villains at this point. The only foreshadowing we have had is Connors.

Neo Darkhalen
i don't really care either way, i only watched Spider-Man 3 for Venom which left alot to be desired i don't care about any other films, SM2 was good only because of Ock, i disliked No. 1 and the only way i will see another one is if Mysterio is in it...if not then i really don't care.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
i don't really care either way, i only watched Spider-Man 3 for Venom which left alot to be desired i don't care about any other films, SM2 was good only because of Ock, i disliked No. 1 and the only way i will see another one is if Mysterio is in it...if not then i really don't care.

Not even Lizard???

Magic_attack
I disagree a bit with you Neo, but I respect your opinion.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Not even Lizard???

Nope SM3 was the only SM film i went to see at the cinema all for Venom, and he was a disappointment.

Magic_attack
Nope SM3 was the only SM film i went to see at the cinema all for Venom, and he was a disappointment.

I do agree that he was a disappointment, but a lot of good came of SM3 if we stop to think about it.

Neo Darkhalen
Please open the floor to that...i am interested to know what good came from SM3, as far as i can tell no good game from the film.

Magic_attack
Please open the floor to that...i am interested to know what good came from SM3, as far as i can tell no good game from the film.

Well... For 1, there probably won't be anymore song and dance routines in a comic book movie for a while.

ummmm. 2, They probably won't try stuffing so many different ideas into one plot next time around either.

See there are two things that they learned and if we never see that kind of stuff again, it will be a good thing. smile

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Magic_attack
Well... For 1, there probably won't be anymore song and dance routines in a comic book movie for a while.

ummmm. 2, They probably won't try stuffing so many different ideas into one plot next time around either.

See there are two things that they learned and if we never see that kind of stuff again, it will be a good thing. smile

1)That was never really a part of any Spider-Man film bar 3
2) this is true
and if i may throw one point of my own out....i think the only one
3) no more goblins.

Micheal_Myers
Possibly HobGoblin in the future....o.O...sorry...lol

Neo Darkhalen
no...no this is true.

Toku King

Was Venom really that awful? I kind of liked him. My big issues, though, were his lack of screen time, the fact that he said 'me' and not 'we', and his less crazy but more ******* nature. Besides that, I thought he wasn't bad.

Toku King
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Possibly HobGoblin in the future....o.O...sorry...lol

I'd like to see the Hobgoblin eventually. But for now, I say Kraven and Lizard is the best idea.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Toku King
Was Venom really that awful? I kind of liked him. My big issues, though, were his lack of screen time, the fact that he said 'me' and not 'we', and his less crazy but more ******* nature. Besides that, I thought he wasn't bad.

If the Goblin had been done like that (only cackling, having none of his personality or ability's from the comics used, only appeared in the last 15 mins of the film and was not even truthful to the character.) I doubt you would have been happy

Toku King
If the Goblin had been done like that (only cackling, having none of his personality or ability's from the comics used, only appeared in the last 15 mins of the film and was not even truthful to the character.) I doubt you would have been happy

Why are you acting like I'm not a fan of Venom? I'm a huge fan. I think ASM 316-317 was one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time. I have all sorts of Venom comics. In fact, 80s Venom is side by side GG and Doc Ock as one of my all time favorite Spider-Man villains. And as a big fan of Venom, I too was a bit disappointed, but he still felt a bit like classic Venom to me nonetheless. Though I do wish that Sony would have just saved him for a solo villain role.

Neo Darkhalen
Why are you acting like I'm not a fan of Venom? I'm a huge fan. I think ASM 316-317 was one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time. I have all sorts of Venom comics. In fact, 80s Venom is side by side GG and Doc Ock as one of my all time favorite Spider-Man villains. And as a big fan of Venom, I too was a bit disappointed, but he still felt a bit like classic Venom to me nonetheless. Though I do wish that Sony would have just saved him for a solo villain role.

It's the impression you give...but yeah i too belive they should have left him for Spider-Man 4 instead of making him a rush job.

Toku King
It's the impression you give

What impression? I've told you and everyone else that I love Venom since my first day here.

Neo Darkhalen
You don't really give the impression that you do though.

Toku King
You don't really give the impression that you do though.

Even though I praised cartoon Venom and said he was just like in the early comics, expressed my excitement for Brock's return to comics, and hate Venom III and have said numerous times that Brock should come back as Venom?

Neo Darkhalen
Lets let's be honest everyone hates Venom III.

Toku King

Acutally, not really. Non-Venom fans are ok with it.

Magic_attack

Venom III FTW!!!! Happy Dance

Neo Darkhalen
nah even they don't like Venom III, or even Venom in general.

Toku King
nah even they don't like Venom III, or even Venom in general.

Actually, a couple of my comic nerd buddies like him, which is why I say non-die hard Venom fans kind of like him.

Toku King

So you're not a Spider-Man fan. Just a Venom fan.

Neo Darkhalen
Actually, a couple of my comic nerd buddies like him, which is why I say non-die hard Venom fans kind of like him.

They must be destroyed! uhuh

So you're not a Spider-Man fan. Just a Venom fan.

who is a Spider-Man fan compered to Venom? he's so much more of a badass.

Toku King
who is a Spider-Man fan compered to Venom? he's so much more of a badass.

Venom's cool, but I love Spider-Man more. Not because he's badass, but because he's a character that you really care about. I rooted for him in 'May This Be My Destiny' for his strength and determination, and have loved him since AF #15 because of his originality, wit, caring nature, cheesy dialogue, and relatability.

Neo Darkhalen
And he's also sly, one example being when he breaks his word to Venom, after Venom helped him take down Carnage

Toku King
And he's also sly, one example being when he breaks his word to Venom, after Venom helped him take down Carnage

That wasn't sly, though, but more of both needing one another.

Neo Darkhalen
yeah then he goes and breaks his promise to Eddie, no wonder why Venom goes insane when he's around Spider-Man

Speaking of that first Carnage issue, i liked it when Spider-Man bit JJJ head off about how he should keep his word, JJ says something like "Captain America would have kept his word" and Spidey just lost it with him, moments like that need to be in the next films.

Toku King
yeah then he goes and breaks his promise to Eddie, no wonder why Venom goes insane when he's around Spider-Man

When has he ever broken his promise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.