sephiroth vs soki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lightness
soki
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0phUMLilXU

sephy from ac
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m8inRc3NgmM

fanboy 1988
Sephiroth got beat by the same guy three times. Soki takes this.

Superboy Prime
That does not really prove anything.

fanboy 1988
It proves he's full of himself and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Superboy Prime
True.

However without Sephiroth's CIS/PIS aura who would win?

fanboy 1988
If used enough he might take it.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by lightness
soki
z0phUMLilXU

sephy from ac
m8inRc3NgmM no expression

Would be pretty awesome to see those two duke it out.

I'm going to have to agree with supercroytprime here. Sephiroth was far too cocky when he fought Cloud in AC, so saying since Cloud defeated him some other random guy would do the same isn't very supportive. In fact, even SE has stated that Sephiroth was merely toying with Cloud and had him exhausted within minutes. I think these two are about on par, really. Their power and speed seem about equal, judging from what is displayed in these videos.

Superboy Prime
I get my own smilie now!

YES w00tdur

Guilty Gear
All thanks to Ridley Prime wink

lightness
seph probably could have killed cloud in ac, but aimed for a stab to the shoulder rather than cutting his head off. and probably wasn't at full power since he was borrowing kadaj's body

ThoraxeRMG
Sephiroth wasn't using all of his power.

Thousand
Sephiroth is a Demi God. He holds the capability of destroying several planets and can cause devastating pain at full capacity.

MadMel
several planets = no
1 planet = yes

AOR
I wouldn't base the decision on the videos alone. Seeing as soki required spirits/essence/weird ghosts to acquire his form, sephiroth merely is, I would say that sooner or later soki would tire and loose his form. Whereas if sephiroth tires, he would merely breath and still be at his best. I will have to go with sephiroth on this one.

Guilty Gear
I need to play Onimusha.

lightness
we probably havent seen soki in his true form. he's the reincarnation of the god of darkness who created the oni, and was said to have the power to destroy humanity if he didn't learn to control his power

Thousand
Originally posted by MadMel
several planets = no
1 planet = yes

Supernova.

QED.

Guilty Gear
Supernova is most likely an illusion, considering the background in the battle was one.

Thousand
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Supernova is most likely an illusion, considering the background in the battle was one.

I doubt an Illusion would hold the capacity to kill the party in a singular blow.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Thousand
I doubt an Illusion would hold the capacity to kill the party in a singular blow. Good thing it doesn't. It's an illusion, are you really going to say that Seph gets cut by swords but can survive a solar system explodin? Highly doubtful.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Thousand
I doubt an Illusion would hold the capacity to kill the party in a singular blow. It deals a massive amount of damage, of course, considering it is Sephiroth's strongest attack, but the animation itself is undoubtfully an illusion.

Thousand
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
It deals a massive amount of damage, of course, considering it is Sephiroth's strongest attack, but the animation itself is undoubtfully an illusion.

The illusion may represent the gauge of power in his attack.

Guilty Gear
Hmm...possibly

ThoraxeRMG
Hmm...
Indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.