What is LIFE all about???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vinz07
I want a deep understanding of LIFE... Whats all about...???

vivando-loca
i haven't the slightest idea. life? who knows what it's about.

Shakyamunison
It's not.

vivando-loca
it's not what?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by vivando-loca
it's not what?

About anything.

TRH
Love,hate,fear,joy,anger to name a few things

Different for some people

For me right now it is love

Bicnarok
Its about experiencing experiences which are added to the akashic records MORE HERE

...Or where just born to live a bit and die and thats that.

Storm
It is about what you value and that, in turn, relies upon the character and experiences of you as an individual.

svetlu
If you listen with your heart to one famous question, I am sure that all your doubts as to whether you should study the Kabbalah will vanish without a trace. This question is bitter and a fair one, asked by all born on earth: What is the meaning of my life? - Y. Ashlag
cool

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by svetlu
If you listen with your heart to one famous question, I am sure that all your doubts as to whether you should study the Kabbalah will vanish without a trace. This question is bitter and a fair one, asked by all born on earth: What is the meaning of my life? - Y. Ashlag
cool
There is no self.

Tangible God
Originally posted by vinz07
I want a deep understanding of LIFE... Whats all about...??? LIFE is about eating a balanced diet with 100% whole wheat cereal.

LIFE is about spending quality time playing a board game with your family.

LIFE is about realizing that defining abstract ideas and concepts is entirely fruitless and will produce nothing when you could be doing something. Like Go-Karting.

inimalist
http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/life/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_of_Life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_%28breakfast_cereal%29

allofyousuckkk
Life is kinda pointless. We are put on this earth to create more life, so it's not really a neccesary thing.

Might not make sense, but I have a point.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Life is kinda pointless. We are put on this earth to create more life, so it's not really a neccesary thing.

Might not make sense, but I have a point.

But to say that it is pointless is to say there is a meaning that is missing. There is no meaning to begin with. Would you agree?

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But to say that it is pointless is to say there is a meaning that is missing. There is no meaning to begin with. Would you agree?

we are more than our origin.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
we are more than our origin.

What is our origin? And what dose have to do with what I said?

leonheartmm
our origin. or as you see it. our atma. a state of being uncorrupted by ego. from which you say{as did buddha} that we have no self.

maybe its ust me, but when u say in the post that we shud not say there is any MISSING meaning{referring to life being pointless}. but instead that there is no meaning to begin with. it kinda looked to me{cud be wrong} like u were vaguely referring to no self thing.

and in that sense, i said, that we are more than our origin. or state of nirvana, which is only hidden form us due to illusionary hurdles created by our illusionary self.

erm, hope that made some resemblance of sense.

Shakyamunison
our origin. or as you see it. our atma. a state of being uncorrupted by ego. from which you say{as did buddha} that we have no self.

maybe its ust me, but when u say in the post that we shud not say there is any MISSING meaning{referring to life being pointless}. but instead that there is no meaning to begin with. it kinda looked to me{cud be wrong} like u were vaguely referring to no self thing.

and in that sense, i said, that we are more than our origin. or state of nirvana, which is only hidden form us due to illusionary hurdles created by our illusionary self.

erm, hope that made some resemblance of sense.

embarrasment OK the word origin throw me.

Sure we are more, but we are temporal.

leonheartmm
embarrasment OK the word origin throw me.

Sure we are more, but we are temporal.

lol.

our origin is. ermmm, or rather, permanency is not a concept with any significance once you are enlightened{i think}. as a person who is imrisoned by fear generated by a psuedo self desires permanency.

on the other hand, as i was saying, we are more than our origin. usually, this is negetive delusions of ours. but if your lucky, or sumthin, you might be able to see that in becoming who you are{i.e. seperated from your roots in partiality}, there is potential for giving rise to sumthing as significant if not more than your origin, having nothing to do with delusions.

a bit like how the truth of your origin was "formed"{i use the word not knowing of any better alternative} . i mean, giving birth to a new origin.

Shakyamunison
lol.

our origin is. ermmm, or rather, permanency is not a concept with any significance once you are enlightened{i think}. as a person who is imrisoned by fear generated by a psuedo self desires permanency.

on the other hand, as i was saying, we are more than our origin. usually, this is negetive delusions of ours. but if your lucky, or sumthin, you might be able to see that in becoming who you are{i.e. seperated from your roots in partiality}, there is potential for giving rise to sumthing as significant if not more than your origin, having nothing to do with delusions.

a bit like how the truth of your origin was "formed"{i use the word not knowing of any better alternative} . i mean, giving birth to a new origin.

It sounds like you are replacing one delusion with another.

leonheartmm
It sounds like you are replacing one delusion with another.

perhaps. but then, the type of thing im talking about. it does not matter if it is a delusion or not. that has as little bearing on it as the definitions for nirvana{being either a psychological state, or a mystical realm} have on nirvana itself.

hmmm, id rather call it an ILLUSION as opposed to a DELUSION. for the reason that even if{and you probably will} you know it is an illusion. you do not "delude" yourself into believing it isnt. its just, that differentiation seems to have no significance or bearing on the phenomenon, even if u know its fake.

Goddess Kali
Some people see Life as a means to an end (Heaven, Hell, Hindu Concept of Nirvana, etc.)

I see Life as an end to itself, I see Life as the destination, not a journey to another place.

Life is what we and others make of it, Life is our interaction with Nature and each other. Does every single thing that exists have a purpose or point ?

What's the point of fungus ? What is the point of body hair ? What is the point of color or taste ?

Maybe things don't need a point, maybe things just are and the rest is up to us.

chillmeistergen
Whatever you want it to be about, there's certainly not one answer, that would be horrible.

The Black Ghost
Life is about living. Living for the experiences, living by principles (or for others, not), and determining your own answer to this question. smile

Tangible God
Life is about an incalculable amount of microscopic particles coming together in such a way as to be able to absorb and put to use energy in order to expand and grow into a giant mass of cellular organisms which move of their own accord with the ultimate instinctual goal of reproducing to continue the existence of their own strain of Life.

i.e. Life is useless for those able to comprehend this question.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Tangible God
Life is about an incalculable amount of microscopic particles coming together in such a way as to be able to absorb and put to use energy in order to expand and grow into a giant mass of cellular organisms which move of their own accord with the ultimate instinctual goal of reproducing to continue the existence of their own strain of Life.

i.e. Life is useless for those able to comprehend this question.

you are looking only, at the rather limited characteristics of "physical" life. its just a perspective and in no way a complete one. it is lacking more than any other perspective because life is least expressive, physically. life is useless only for those, who can comprehend it through materialistic perspective alone. it has nothing to do with the question.

Alfheim
Life is SUPPOSED to be about being happy.

chithappens
Originally posted by Alfheim

Utilitarian?

debbiejo

Utrigita
I suppose its a quest for eternal happines.

debbiejo
And it's our choice no matter what the circumstances.

Alfheim
Originally posted by chithappens
Utilitarian?

Well no, dont some people enjoy suffering?

Vathu
I want a deep understanding of LIFE... Whats all about...???

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/Vathu/Funny%20shit/walkenprime.jpg

chithappens
Originally posted by debbiejo
And it's our choice no matter what the circumstances.

Is that one of those things where you say it but do not mean it to be universal?

debbiejo
Well no, dont some people enjoy suffering? Some people enjoy being miserable, though they won't admit it.

Alfheim
Some people enjoy being miserable, though they won't admit it.

Well Carl Grisham in CSI said "sad is happy for deep people."

chithappens
I would say that is cool to say but an idiot was say, " that was deep" and not understand what was really being said

Alfheim
Originally posted by chithappens
I would say that is cool to say but an idiot was say, " that was deep" and not understand what was really being said

Thats true, I was planning to put that quote as my sig.

miss_swann
I want a deep understanding of LIFE... Whats all about...??? feelings

miss_swann
Life is SUPPOSED to be about being happy. I disagree with this, nothing personal, but happiness is only one emotion and I like seeing different emotions with everyone at different times, sure everyone should get a chance to experience happiness but they should also experience all other emotions too. (sorry for the double post but I don't know how to quote two things in one post.)

leonheartmm
Some people enjoy being miserable, though they won't admit it.

unconciously preferring is very different from enjoying. i dont think any1 enjoyes to be miserable, its just that some people have had so much of it that its the only place they really know how to exist in.

or feal at home/familiar/identify with. misery and joy are two different things. only very rarely would you find some1 who really enjoyes being miserable and he/she is probably sadistic{sadism=joy+/for misery/pain}. they will probably also have sever mental/biochemical imbalances. not to mention dissociative/bipolar personalities.

inimalist
sadistic{sadism=joy+/for misery/pain}. they will probably also have sever mental/biochemical imbalances. not to mention dissociative/bipolar personalities.

sadistic - hurting others

masochistic - hurting oneself

sadomasochistic individuals are not more likely than the average population to have mental or cognitive imparements.

sadomasochistic individuals, even the most submissive of masochists, do not like to suffer in the traditional sense of the word.

hehehehe, hurray for nit picking smile

leonheartmm
lol. good. masochist was the type i was referring to. i was merely talkin about a person who truly ENJOYES hurting oneself and being miserable. there are many masochists who hurt themselves but not for joy at all. its just as i said. they dont know any thing else. obsession with pain or numbing mental pain by abyusing physical body etc. but very very VERY few can actually ENJOY hurting themselves. and those in my oppinion have atleast some of the mental imbalances i mentioned and/or SEVERE psychological conflicts, enough to rip any single coeherent sense of self.

but thats just me.

inimalist
lol. good. masochist was the type i was referring to. i was merely talkin about a person who truly ENJOYES hurting oneself and being miserable. there are many masochists who hurt themselves but not for joy at all. its just as i said. they dont know any thing else. obsession with pain or numbing mental pain by abyusing physical body etc. but very very VERY few can actually ENJOY hurting themselves. and those in my oppinion have atleast some of the mental imbalances i mentioned and/or SEVERE psychological conflicts, enough to rip any single coeherent sense of self.

but thats just me.

there are more technical terms than masochism to describe these people

not to be an ass, but I have to run. If these definitions are interesting to you, give me a PM and I'll try to get back to you asap, but I am going away for the weekend.

quickest thing I can say is that masochism usually, when used as a "diognosis" or "proper lable" almost always refers to sexuality.

Vathu
Life is what you make of it.

yvonnekarate
In my opinion: finding and giving love, taking care of others, caring, helping and enjoying what I like best; drawring, watching my films, listening to good music, reading great books.

Regards, Yvonne

debbiejo
"We are such stuff
As dreams are made on and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep..."

The Tempest

ragesRemorse
Life is about seeking a woman who can clench her vaginal muscles masterfully

ska57
King Solomon of the Bible was given the gift of wisdom from God, and by using this gift became a great king. Solomon was the wisest, richest, and most powerful human being of his time (probably of all time). Yet everything proved to be vanity to him; meaningless; a chasing after the wind. Solomon had wisdom, properous work, pleasure (sex, palaces, alcohol), and money.

Although all of these good things in life brought him joy for a time, he was never content, and everything became wearisome to him, and he had it all!

Solomon ends the book (in which he talks about all this) with this: "The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

leonheartmm
isnt solomon known in history{not in his abrahamic theological recollections} as one of the most brutal dictaters/tyrants there were?

ska57
I don't think so...what I do know is that Solomon made wise and fair decisions as a judge over the people (ex. the two women and the claimed child), and that Israel propsered, financially at least; and that he built the first temple in Jerusalem.

I just heard on the news that Owen Wilson is in the hospital because he tried to kill himself...but why would he try to do that? But we hear about celebrity suicide all the time it seems. What does any celebrity (or anybody in that matter) have when the sex is over? Or when the party ends? Or when the drugs run out? Or when people stop paying attention to you? You have nothing. You have emptiness. Discontent. Yes, all these things bring a certain happiness, but when it ends, what do you have? Christ never promised a follower of his to have happiness, because if you do follow Christ, you won't! You face trials and temptations and all other things that does not seem pleasing at the time. But what he does promise us is peace beyond understanding, and contentment in ALL situations...a peace and contentment that I have. Not because of anything that I've done, but what Christ has done for me on the cross.

inimalist
Originally posted by ska57
I don't think so...what I do know is that Solomon made wise and fair decisions as a judge over the people (ex. the two women and the claimed child), and that Israel propsered, financially at least; and that he built the first temple in Jerusalem.

I just heard on the news that Owen Wilson is in the hospital because he tried to kill himself...but why would he try to do that? But we hear about celebrity suicide all the time it seems. What does any celebrity (or anybody in that matter) have when the sex is over? Or when the party ends? Or when the drugs run out? Or when people stop paying attention to you? You have nothing. You have emptiness. Discontent. Yes, all these things bring a certain happiness, but when it ends, what do you have? Christ never promised a follower of his to have happiness, because if you do follow Christ, you won't! You face trials and temptations and all other things that does not seem pleasing at the time. But what he does promise us is peace beyond understanding, and contentment in ALL situations...a peace and contentment that I have. Not because of anything that I've done, but what Christ has done for me on the cross.

but, if one balances the tinyest little bit of responsability with hedonism, the drugs and the sex never have to run out wink

ska57
Originally posted by inimalist
but, if one balances the tinyest little bit of responsability with hedonism, the drugs and the sex never have to run out wink

Which is actually true. However, death will end all pleasure, I believe, if you apart from Christ.

Remindme
Heh, a thread about THE question huh? ^^ well i think life does and a meaning, a purpose, and it's up to each of us to find it, i know what mine is smile

debbiejo
Simply life is what you make it. If it's boring, change it. If it gives you lemons, make lemonade, if you dwell on sorrow, you'll get it, if you look for the positive, you'll find it. if you look for joy, it'll come to you, if you dwell on the present and not the future you'll be stuck there.

Life is your opus.

RUNMAN
To me, life can be based on two assumptions. First is that the obstacles, trials and sorrows are not a part of the pattern of life. There must be all warp and no woof in the fabric of existence. Hence, in the face of annoyances one must either seek flight from existence through alcohol or drugs, or else blame all that happens on others. From this flow discords, revolutions and wars. The second assumption is that everything that happens to us must be changed and transmuted by a divine vision so that, instead of defeating, it rather aids us to mount to higher levels of peace...

RUNMAN
Simply put, to a great extent the world is what we make of it. We get back what we give. If we sow hate, we reap hate; if we scatter love and gentleness, we harvest love and happiness...

miss_swann
Life is all about failing, we are all failures!

RUNMAN
Why are you so unhappy? Wrong career choice? I suggest you travel, take time off and see everything this world has to offer... cheer up! smile!

debbiejo
See this ----> .

That's your life. Now go do something with it!

You can keep it like that, or you can make it like . or more.

Bicnarok
Life is about gaining experiences.
These experiences are saved in a big "pool" of energy called the akasha.

Why and how it all started is beyond me, mabye God wanted to experience the material world he created so he set parts of his life force in various beings to experience it through them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.