God of War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
David Jaffe claims that the movie was in production or something like that. He said that he had Djimon Hounsiu ("Blood Diamond"wink in mind for Kratos & I think he's the perfect choice. I'm curious as to who will be cast in the roles of the Gods & I really want to see what the Titans will look like in CGI. If this movie makes it to theaters, it's going to kick a lot of ass.

Mairuzu
this could be a really awesome movie, if its going to he, i hope they dont fudge it up

Ultimate Hulk43
Same here, I want it to be exactly like the game with little to no changes. Overall, I want to see how Djimon will look as Kratos & I want to see how the Titans will look since they are huge & will be done using CGI (more than likely). If all this is pulled off, I'll be happy.

Alpha Centauri
People are starving in the world and people are spending millions on making a probably shit movie out of a shit video game.

-AC

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
People are starving in the world and people are spending millions on making a probably shit movie out of a shit video game.

-AC

God of War was shit for reasons you didn't like, if you hold the belief that it was a factually shit video game, you are an idiot.

rosieda
clearly someone has issues.

But i would like to see this movie adaptation also. The game was great, even though i have not played the second one.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
God of War was shit for reasons you didn't like, if you hold the belief that it was a factually shit video game, you are an idiot.

A) Drop the grudge.

B) I don't, taste is subjective. Where did you deduce otherwise?

-AC

Mairuzu
So why do you think its a shit video game?

Impediment

-AC

What didn't you like about the God of War games?

I thought the 1st was brilliant, and the 2nd, although somewhat repetitive of the former, was just as good.

Ultimate Hulk43
I don't want all this arguing in the thread & if you want to talk about the homeless take it somwhere else.

Now, let the movie discussion commence.

2D_MASTER
A) Drop the grudge.

B) I don't, taste is subjective. Where did you deduce otherwise?

-AC

Where did I deduce otherwise in the "Epic" thread? Oh yeah you just lied about what I said, even lied about the chronology of our conversation, damned lying dolt.

Alpha Centauri
2D, if you can't keep me schooling you to just one thread, don't bother coming to class.

Originally posted by Mairuzu
So why do you think its a shit video game?

Originally posted by Impediment
What didn't you like about the God of War games?

I thought the 1st was brilliant, and the 2nd, although somewhat repetitive of the former, was just as good.

A) GAME, I played the first and realised from that moment that it wasn't a game I liked.

B) To answer your question; because I like challenging games that aren't a virtual remake of every other pointless, mediocre hack/slash/walk game out there. Before you or anyone points out how "innovative" it is and what a great "story" it has, no and no.

I prefer, you know, better games. God of War and everything like it is nothing more than a game, easy to beat, to make "gamers" feel like they've accomplished something. That's cool, it's just not for me, but it is what it is. People will accept any game that they can play without trouble, though, it seems.

What's good about having a trilogy when the first game is nothing but repetition, the second is hailed as equal despite the flaw being "It's repetitive of the first.", and the third just following the trend? Where is the innovation or thought of that? Even in Dead Rising, which contains a lot of time to mindlessly kill stuff in various fashions, you have a plot, a good one at that. Not original, but good.

-AC

2D_MASTER
2D, if you can't keep me schooling you to just one thread, don't bother coming to class.

-AC

Bwahaha, this coming from a guy so desperate to "school" that he resorts to blatantly lying. Oh yeah you "schooled" me good, lying dolt.

Alpha Centauri
Seriously, I hear lives are two for one at Walmart.

So...head on down there and grab about four, catch up on all the time you've not had one.

-AC

2D_MASTER
Seriously, I hear lives are two for one at Walmart.

So...head on down there and grab about four, catch up on all the time you've not had one.

-AC

Hahaha wow, seriously AC... I actually expected more than an 3rd grade insult from you. Touche...

Alpha Centauri
I'd love to say I expected more from you than what you're doing now, but I'm not in the mood to give credit where it's not due, to be honest.

Now if you wish to hassle me, either keep it to the one thread or keep it to my PM box. The next time you reply to me out of turn, out of thread, it'll go to your PM box, and will continue to until you agree to either shut up, or handle it sensibly.

Apologies for turning this into a game discussion by the way, thread starter. My bad.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Relax 2D_MASTER. Leave AC alone....

rosieda
dude your a moderator... dont come defending the flamers ban them for doing so. This thread started for a movie not to get flamed.

Alpha Centauri
I left my opinion about the movie and was flamed in return.

-AC

Ultimate Hulk43
Okay, other people want to discuss the movie which means you shouldn't post here anymore because all you're doing is starting a big ass argument.

Kazenji
and what a great "story" it has, no and no.

Well it does have a great greek mythological story or have you played something which has a better greek mythological story roll eyes (sarcastic)

Easy to beat ??

what bullshit laughing

Ultimate Hulk43
Are you having time comprehending English? GET BACK ON TOPIC.

Kazenji
Well if this film does get made i won't be expecting much just have a look at the previous attempts at video game games.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well it does have a great greek mythological story or have you played something which has a better greek mythological story roll eyes (sarcastic)

I disagree, that's where you and I differ. It has a greek, mythological story. It doesn't necessarily have a great one, just your average story.

Easy to beat ??

what bullshit laughing

You found God of War hard? Point proven.

-AC

Kazenji
I disagree, that's where you and I differ. It has a greek, mythological story. It doesn't necessarily have a great one, just your average story.

You found God of War hard? Point proven.

-AC

Well with the first one since i only own the first one, I first played through it on normal i'm not one these idiots who play games on easy just to see the ending.

Impediment
The God of War games were, in fact, easy to beat. I still enjoy them, though.

Do you think that Djimon Hounsou would make for a good Kratos? That's who has been rumored to be a first pick, if a film is made.

Kazenji

Do you think that Djimon Hounsou would make for a good Kratos? That's who has been rumored to be a first pick, if a film is made.

Have you gone through the first one god mode ?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by rosieda
dude your a moderator... dont come defending the flamers ban them for doing so. This thread started for a movie not to get flamed.

Come back here when you have a clue of what's going on.

No more bickering from this point. That goes for everyone.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Relax 2D_MASTER. Leave AC alone....

Hahahaha... that's rich.

WrathfulDwarf
That will be one day ban for you.

No more bickering.

Ultimate Hulk43
The God of War games were, in fact, easy to beat. I still enjoy them, though.

Yeah, he kind of looks like Kratos, if he were black. I still want to know who David Jaffe has in mind for the Gods & I'm anxious to see how the Titans will look with CGI. If done right, this movie is going to be extraordinary & may show us things we've yet to see in the film industry. The CGI is definitely going to have to be top notch. Man, I can't wait for this movie to be released.

Impediment
Have you gone through the first one god mode ?

I've beaten the first game on God mode, yes. Very hard to beat, as a matter of fact.

GOW2, however, I have just beaten on Mortal and Spartan mode.

No more bickering.

Don't **** with the Dwarf. yes

Impediment
double post

Ultimate Hulk43
I've beaten the first game on God mode, yes. Very hard to beat, as a matter of fact.

GOW2, however, I have just beaten on Mortal and Spartan mode.

Don't **** with the Dwarf. yes

I beat the first game on God Mode at least three to four times which was hard & I only did it for the unlockables which really wasn't worth it. As you know, I've yet to beat the second game though. I already like it more than the first game though since there's more to fool around with in the second game.

Impediment
The movie, IMO, would have to be similar to Sin City and 300, in the manner of live action against green screen. It would only seem fitting.

SnakeEyes
The movie, IMO, would have to be similar to Sin City and 300, in the manner of live action against green screen. It would only seem fitting.

Agreed.

I think this movie has a lot of potential, but they could also **** it up like they have with many of the video-game movies of the past.

Impediment
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think this movie has a lot of potential, but they could also **** it up like they have with many of the video-game movies of the past.

to name a few:

Super Mario Bros.
Bloodrayne
Mortal Kombat
House of the Dead

The Hitman movie, based on the video game, will be released in theaters soon. I guess we'll have to wait to see of it's either a hit or a flop. I, personally, can't decipher which it will be, since the only footage we have seen is the teaser.

Ultimate Hulk43

I want the action to be a little gory but not too gory, just something that fits Kratos. I think Djimon will do great as Kratos but he should also bulk up a little more because Kratos is a really muscular guy,

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Agreed.

I think that if David Jaffe has a lot of input on this movie, it will have a lot of potential to be a great film. Sometimes when creators have a lot of input on movie projects they have the potential to turn out to be great movies.

Impediment
No director has been announced, yet. If, in fact, the movie will be made.

SnakeEyes
to name a few:

Super Mario Bros.
Bloodrayne
Mortal Kombat
House of the Dead

The Hitman movie, based on the video game, will be released in theaters soon. I guess we'll have to wait to see of it's either a hit or a flop. I, personally, can't decipher which it will be, since the only footage we have seen is the teaser.

Hitman looks pretty bad to me.

I know that just the teaser is out, but the actor they have for the title role is terrible, in my opinion.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, he looks nothing like the main character in Hitman.

Btw, if it were up to you, who would you cast as the Gods in a God of War movie?

2D_MASTER

No more bickering.

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Hahahaha... that's rich.

We'll now make it 3 Day ban.

Try to pull that crap again and we'll go for a whole week. So knock it off.

-WD

Ultimate Hulk43
You just don't get it, do you. Are you mentally retarded or did your mom neglect to love you? GET ON-TOPIC ASSWHIPE.

We'll handle the trouble makers UH. Don't attack members.

-WD

Impediment
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
You just don't get it, do you. Are you mentally retarded or did your mom neglect to love you? GET ON-TOPIC ASSWHIPE.

Careful, UH. Don't call people names, or the mods might get on your case, too. Just stay on topic.

I say, that if a God of War movie is to be made, Djimon Hounsou (sic) might make for a good Kratos.

InnerRise
You just don't get it, do you. Are you mentally retarded or did your mom neglect to love you? GET ON-TOPIC ASSWHIPE. Making a thread doesn't give you the right to BASH other members.

Stop it and stick to your own topic.

Djimon seems to be an okay choice but I think that Vin Diesel would be a much better choice.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Ultimate Hulk43
I definitely think Djimon is the better choice but Vin Diesel did come to mind when I first saw Kratos.

DanZeke25
Dijimon? The dude from Blood Diamond?

No.

Ultimate Hulk43
Why not? Because he's black? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DanZeke25
Why not? Because he's black? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well they would paint him white, but can he speak english without the accent? I don't know if he was acting in Blood Diamond or that's how he really talks.

Plus I think Kratos need to be as bad ass as possible, and Vin Diesel seems more bad ass.

Impediment
Djimon has the body mass. He also has the ability, since he is an accomplished actor. He, IMO, could easily pull off an accent, since he has a regualr American accent, anyway.

Vin Diesel could do it justice, IMO, but he has yet to impress me with his acting ability.

Ultimate Hulk43
Vin Diesel may look "badass" but his acting sucks major ass & from what I've seen Djimon is a much better choice for Kratos. I'm sure he could easily change his voice & making him look pale isn't anything hard to pull off, anything can be done in movies now adays.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Well they would paint him white, but can he speak english without the accent? I don't know if he was acting in Blood Diamond or that's how he really talks.

Plus I think Kratos need to be as bad ass as possible, and Vin Diesel seems more bad ass.

I think his accent would work well for Kratos. The voice of Kratos almost sounds like that guy with an angry tone. I think diesel could pull it off too, Kratos resembles Riddicks character an awful lot

Ultimate Hulk43
I agree but now that Kratos is basically out of the way, I want to know who will be cast as the Gods because that'd be interesting. I think Jessica Biel kind of resembles Athena from the game but I don't know if she'd be able to act the part. She might be able to though.

ragesRemorse
I actually think biel is a decent actress, and is of course stunningly beautifull. I think she might be a bit young for athena though. Athena would need a mature presence about her. What about the woman who played the ice queen in narnia, and also gabriel in Constantine? She has a unique look to her, and is a good actress.

Ultimate Hulk43
Athena looks might young in GOWII but if Biel can act the part her age definitely wouldn't matter.

InnerRise
I actually don't think Djimon's body is as massive as Kratos's is. I think Vin's body is more beefier and more fitting as the body of Kratos.

Sidenote: You people do realize a Black Man did the voice for Kratos right?

Ultimate Hulk43
Point taken, a place man voices Kratos & I think that Djimon could easily beef up & work out before the movie starts shooting. He might though.

Mirai Gohan
Who would you all cast as Zeus. Thus far, my first & only choice is Liam Neeson.

LeAtHerRFace

-AC

you probably couldn't even get past the first level roll eyes (sarcastic) people usually don't like things they suck at confused

on with the topic, games, great games for that matter hardly ever make a "great" movie. not really expecting much out of the movie; just waiting for GOW 3!!!

PEACE

Mirai Gohan
Dude, the next time you make a post not related to the GOW discussion, you'll be reported. Grow up.

Anyway, if David Jaffe directs this game, it'll be great.

Dusty
Mirai Gohan, everyone, just shut the **** up and ****ing drop it. AC is expressing his opinion, and you guys are getting all defensive like overly religious freaks. GET OVER IT.

kodak
wow...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Great game. As for a live action movie, I'm up for it. I'm not sure who would play Kratos. I hope the guy that they would get is a good actor and can fight.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
David Jaffe claims that the movie was in production or something like that. He said that he had Djimon Hounsiu ("Blood Diamond"wink in mind for Kratos & I think he's the perfect choice. I'm curious as to who will be cast in the roles of the Gods & I really want to see what the Titans will look like in CGI. If this movie makes it to theaters, it's going to kick a lot of ass. I see Vin Diesel playing Kratos.

Bicnarok
never heard of the game, any good?

LeAtHerRFace
Dude, the next time you make a post not related to the GOW discussion, you'll be reported. Grow up.

Anyway, if David Jaffe directs this game, it'll be great.

u talkn to me u frickn noob? laughing out loud get lost mofo before you get hurt.

peace

Rogue Jedi

Anyway, if David Jaffe directs this game, it'll be great. :wanker:

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Great game. As for a live action movie, I'm up for it. I'm not sure who would play Kratos. I hope the guy that they would get is a good actor and can fight.

Djimon Hounsou is a good choice, Vin Diesel sucks though. And I can still see Jessica Biel as Athena, she has the body & everything. She's also a pretty good actress.

LeAtHerRFace
jessica biel? hell no, more like jessica ALBA!

Rogue Jedi
Djimon Hounsou is a good choice, Vin Diesel sucks though. And I can still see Jessica Biel as Athena, she has the body & everything. She's also a pretty good actress. Vin sucks? are you high? he has the Kratos body, the bald head, the voice to match.....and Kratos aint black, man.

kodak
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Vin sucks? are you high? he has the Kratos body, the bald head, the voice to match.....and Kratos aint black, man. this may be a good point, but can the man ACT it?

Mirai Gohan
Nope, he can't. Btw, in case you didn't notice, Kratos is voiced by TC Carson who is black & even if Kratos isn't black, so what? I'm sure Hounsou could pull off the part as he's a better actor than Vin Diesel. Vin Diesel is a pussy.

Btw, RJ, a lot of people have bald heads. My dad does, so what's your point? Having a bald head doesn't qualify you.

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
jessica biel? hell no, more like jessica ALBA!

Jessica Biel is a much better actress than Jessica Alba.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Jessica Biel is a much better actress than Jessica Alba.

And hotter.

Rogue Jedi
Nope, he can't. Btw, in case you didn't notice, Kratos is voiced by TC Carson who is black & even if Kratos isn't black, so what? I'm sure Hounsou could pull off the part as he's a better actor than Vin Diesel. Vin Diesel is a pussy.

Btw, RJ, a lot of people have bald heads. My dad does, so what's your point? Having a bald head doesn't qualify you. what difference does it make what color the voice over guy is? KRATOS IS WHITE. you telling me that if you look at Vin, then at Dimon, you think Dimon is a better Kratos? with his thick African accent? Kratos's voice is deep and raspy, JUST LIKE Vin's. sure, Dimon is a better actor, but how good of an actor does one have to be to play Kratos? It's gonna be all about appearance, and Vin far surpasses Dimon in that area.

tell me this....if and when they make a DMC movie, what color should the actor that plays Dante be? should they choose.....lets say....Tyrese, or Colin Farrell?

Mirai Gohan
Lol, I seriously doubt your intelligence at times. I don't give a shit about how much Vin looks like Kratos, he can't act worth a shit which is why he shouldn't be cast. FYI, people can change their voices, it's been done for years in films. It's going to come down to acting ability, not appearances, you are utterly & completely wrong about that. I'm glad Jaffe has Hounsou in mind for Kratos and NOT that pussy Vin Diesel.

Rogue Jedi
Lol, I seriously doubt your intelligence at times. I don't give a shit about how much Vin looks like Kratos, he can't act worth a shit which is why he shouldn't be cast. FYI, people can change their voices, it's been done for years in films. It's going to come down to acting ability, not appearances, you are utterly & completely wrong about that. I'm glad Jaffe has Hounsou in mind for Kratos and NOT that pussy Vin Diesel. you doubt MY intelligence? KRATOS IS WHITE. VIN IS WHITE. HOUNSOU IS B-L-A-C-K. you telling me gamers who go to see this movie arent gonna notice this?

tell me this, genius...do you see this movie as a typical action movie, or an oscar winning drama? its gonna be an ACTION MOVIE. there is a reason that action movie stars rarely win oscars, and that is because action roles require less skill and more physical apperarance.

Vin is a pussy? did you SEE Pitch Black and the Riddick movies? what has Dimon done as far as action movies go?

and answer my question about the DMC movie, it is VERY relevant.

Leo.M
Vin Diesel is the only guy I think of that looks anything like Kratos

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Leo.M
Vin Diesel is the only guy I think of that looks anything like Kratos yes

kodak
you know who would be better then Vin Diesel...

Peter DeLuise.
Or David DeLuise.
Or Michael DeLuise.
Or Dom DeLuise.

Or Vin Diesel... stick out tongue

Mirai Gohan
you doubt MY intelligence? KRATOS IS WHITE. VIN IS WHITE. HOUNSOU IS B-L-A-C-K. you telling me gamers who go to see this movie arent gonna notice this?

tell me this, genius...do you see this movie as a typical action movie, or an oscar winning drama? its gonna be an ACTION MOVIE. there is a reason that action movie stars rarely win oscars, and that is because action roles require less skill and more physical apperarance.

Vin is a pussy? did you SEE Pitch Black and the Riddick movies? what has Dimon done as far as action movies go?

and answer my question about the DMC movie, it is VERY relevant.

Vin Diesel is a horrible actor, ethnicity has nothing to do with this. Hounsou is the better choice, LIVE WITH IT.

LeAtHerRFace
ohh helll no... JESSICA ALBA is WAAAYYY hotter than JESSICA BIEL... and alba is a better actor too!

PLUS, vin diesel is the man. he can act and he's friggin bad ass. Kratos is a perfect role for him. It may in fact be a more matching role than the riddick movies smile.

Mirai Gohan
Dude, Jessica Alba is not that good of an actress. She made an okay Sue Storm but shouldn't have been cast in the movie. Biel is much hotter & is a much better actress.

Vin Diesel sucks.

kodak
I had this massive rant to say.. but im not going to say it.

Mirai Gohan, Open Your eyes to the idea of more then just 2 people being the only ones who can act in this movie.

Yeah ok, I hate Vin, but the dude can act, he would make a good Kratos.

Rogue Jedi
Vin Diesel is a horrible actor, ethnicity has nothing to do with this. Hounsou is the better choice, LIVE WITH IT. tell you what, why dont you start a poll on this, let the public speak, hmmmm? unless you are afraid you will be proven wrong.

kodak
good idea, a Poll.

Rogue Jedi
seems to be. balls in his court now.

kodak
cant you make one?

Rogue Jedi
yes, but I am gonna leave it up to him.

Alpha Centauri
Let me pose a question to you all;

Does race, as in where Kratos was born and what he would look like if he was born there, play a part in his character? Put personal preference aside for a second.

Could it be played by a while guy, an asian, an indian guy? Does Kratos' race and appearance play a part in his character?

If not, it can be anyone of any race playing him.

Just like any race could play James Bond.

-AC

Rogue Jedi

Does race, as in where Kratos was born and what he would look like if he was born there, play a part in his character? Put personal preference aside for a second.

Could it be played by a while guy, an asian, an indian guy? Does Kratos' race and appearance play a part in his character?

-AC hence the need for a poll.

kodak

-AC Poll.

I vote Emilio Estevez should play him.

Mirai Gohan
tell you what, why dont you start a poll on this, let the public speak, hmmmm? unless you are afraid you will be proven wrong.

Lol, there's nothing for me to be proven wrong about. An opinion such as this cannot be proven wrong. wink

Alpha Centauri
hence the need for a poll.

A poll isn't needed, it's either relative to his character or it isn't.

Is his place of birth and race inherent to his character or not?

It's not up to you to decide that. Like, does he have the powers he has because he is born of a certain area?

Could he have been born in any other place and have those same powers story and character?

-AC

kodak

It's not up to you to decide that. Like, does he have the powers he has because he is born of a certain area?

Could he have been born in any other place and have those same powers story and character?

-AC this is true, Jesus had super powers, and he wasnt born in new york... All super heroes are born in newyork, or off planet.
Marvel says so.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by kodak
this is true, Jesus had super powers, and he wasnt born in new york... All super heroes are born in newyork, or off planet.
Marvel says so.

My point is, as I illustrated to RJ; there's a difference between race being important to the CHARACTER and race being important to the VIEWER.

Blade, as RJ said, "should be black.". That is his opinion, but nothing in Blade's history is inherent to his race. His circumstances could easily have been a man of any race.

Thus my questioning what the deal is with Kratos.

-AC

kodak
My point is, as I illustrated to RJ; there's a difference between race being important to the CHARACTER and race being important to the VIEWER.

Blade, as RJ said, "should be black.". That is his opinion, but nothing in Blade's history is inherent to his race. His circumstances could easily have been a man of any race.

Thus my questioning what the deal is with Kratos.

-AC yeah

Alpha Centauri
Do you only contribute when people are dissing each other?

-AC

kodak
Do you only contribute when people are dissing each other?

-AC Sometimes.

Hey man, ive nothing against you, and i dont want anything against you.

Mirai Gohan

-AC

If David Jaffe keeps Djimon Hounsou they could probably do something like the "Dark Odyssey" alternate costume in the GOWII game where he's black with gold tats.

Btw, ignore kodak, I've reported him for spamming.

kodak
If David Jaffe keeps Djimon Hounsou they could probably do something like the "Dark Odyssey" alternate costume in the GOWII game where he's black with gold tats.

Btw, ignore kodak, I've reported him for spamming. ok. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Lol, there's nothing for me to be proven wrong about. An opinion such as this cannot be proven wrong. wink two words for you:

PUNK and OUT.

InnerRise
Question: Mystique in the X-Men was a BLUE character...........but they got a WHITE women to play her.

See where I'm going with this?

Even in the game, Kratos's skin is UNNATURALLY WHITE. Why? He's been covered by the ashes of his dead family.

See where I'm going with it now?

A black man could still play this role and be covered in that UNNATURALLY WHITE color.

I believed a white women was a Blue Mutant.

I'll believe a black man is a UNNATURALLY WHITE God of War.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by InnerRise
Question: Mystique in the X-Men was a BLUE character...........but they got a WHITE women to play her.

See where I'm going with this?

Even in the game, Kratos's skin is UNNATURALLY WHITE. Why? He's been covered by the ashes of his dead family.

See where I'm going with it now?

A black man could still play this role and be covered in that UNNATURALLY WHITE color.

I believed a white women was a Blue Mutant.

I'll believe a black man is a UNNATURALLY WHITE God of War.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... um....mystique was blue in her mutant form. she was a white woman who could shapeshift.

InnerRise
um....mystique was blue in her mutant form. she was a white woman who could shapeshift. Completed missed the point or decided to ignore it.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Rogue Jedi
Completed missed the point or decided to ignore it.

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... nah, I got it. in the comics, I am assuming that Mystique was able to change from her blue form into human form?

kodak
it really doesnt matter who acts as Kratos, They would be better off doing it in CGI anyway.

Rogue Jedi
no

LeAtHerRFace
wud up kodak... gohan, get ur facts straight son!!!! friggin noob

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by kodak
ok. laughing out loud he would.

Alpha Centauri
nah, I got it. in the comics, I am assuming that Mystique was able to change from her blue form into human form?

No.

Do you ever actually read original source material?

Nobody has even answered my question yet.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
No.

Do you ever actually read original source material?

Nobody has even answered my question yet.

-AC easy Tex, I am asking to be educated on the comics, I have limited knowledge of them.

ask again and I will answer.

Alpha Centauri
Read the post on the previous page, I don't see why I have to ask again.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Read the post on the previous page, I don't see why I have to ask again.

-AC you could have just typed the question again, you know. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
You could have just read the question again, you know.

-AC

Rogue Jedi

-AC this one?

Alpha Centauri
Why must you make everything an ordeal?

Yes, that/those.

EDIT: Apparantly, as I have just researched, he is a Spartan, so he's Greek. Therefore, he's not technically "white", as he would probably have what many people refer to as "olive" skin, with a slight darker tinge. He, in all probability, would not be black, though.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Why must you make everything an ordeal?

Yes, that/those.

EDIT: Apparantly, as I have just researched, he is a Spartan, so he's Greek. Therefore, he's not technically "white", as he would probably have what many people refer to as "olive" skin, with a slight darker tinge. He, in all probability, would not be black, though.

-AC there were two questions on the page, I wanted to make sure I had the right one.

who peed in your corn flakes?

Alpha Centauri
Probably the guy too lazy to walk to the bathroom.

So, again, laziness irks me.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Probably the guy too lazy to walk to the bathroom.

So, again, laziness irks me.

-AC well, you just demonstrated it, you know?

to answer your question, let me ask a question back at you. what is the target audience gonna be for this movie?

Alpha Centauri
well, you just demonstrated it, you know?

to answer your question, let me ask a question back at you. what is the target audience gonna be for this movie?

Kids who jerk off over Sony tech specs. Fine, and "fans of God of War.".

I did just say that considering his entire story it's likely he wouldn't be black, cos he's a Spartan Greek, but he wouldn't necessarily be white. He'd probably have extremely dark hair, naturally darkened skin etc.

People can only name actors they know, there could be an unknown that was born for this role.

-AC

Rogue Jedi

I did just say that considering his entire story it's likely he wouldn't be black, cos he's a Spartan Greek, but he wouldn't necessarily be white. He'd probably have extremely dark hair, naturally darkened skin etc.

People can only name actors they know, there could be an unknown that was born for this role.

-AC exactly, gamers who have played the game. they are expecting someone who looks just like kratos, who acts just like kratos, who sounds just like kratos. Thats Vin Diesel

and good point, there could be an unknown who would be better.

Alpha Centauri
exactly, gamers who have played the game. they are expecting someone who looks just like kratos, who acts just like kratos, who sounds just like kratos. Thats Vin Diesel

and good point, there could be an unknown who would be better.

Yeah, and it's not exactly The Matrix plotwise is it? So this movie is essentially gonna appeal to popcorn-eating, Saturday night movie-goer also, even if they haven't played the game, so skin TONE isn't exactly going to matter to these people, and it shouldn't matter THAT much to the fans if the movie is awesome.

It doesn't require Shakespearian acting.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, and it's not exactly The Matrix plotwise is it? So this movie is essentially gonna appeal to popcorn-eating, Saturday night movie-goer also, even if they haven't played the game, so skin TONE isn't exactly going to matter to these people, and it shouldn't matter THAT much to the fans if the movie is awesome.
I concur.
Exactly....VIN DIESEL.....Or maybe Hugh Jackman? He'd bring good acting into the mix.

Alpha Centauri
Vin Diesel can barely act anything.

He has the look of a nutter, voice of Kermit.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Vin Diesel can barely act anything.

He has the look of a nutter, voice of Kermit.

-AC lemmee ask you this. say you and I were in charge of casting the role. who'd be the top choices on your list?

Alpha Centauri
http://film.onet.pl/_i/news/duze/a/arnold_vosloo_1.jpg

Him, clearly.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
http://film.onet.pl/_i/news/duze/a/arnold_vosloo_1.jpg

Him, clearly.

-AC not big enough, man........Vin Diesel, Hugh Jackman....Carrot top?

Alpha Centauri
Not big enough, listen to yourself.

That's why movie directors do not listen to people like you, because you do not realise what casting takes.

Vin Diesel is shit, Hugh Jackman looks nowhere near like him and yet you'd settle for him over Arnold Vosloo, who's more or less a spitting image.

Actors DO bulk up for roles, you know. Christian Bale from The Machinist to Batman Begins?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Not big enough, listen to yourself.

That's why movie directors do not listen to people like you, because you do not realise what casting takes.

Vin Diesel is shit, Hugh Jackman looks nowhere near like him and yet you'd settle for him over Arnold Vosloo, who's more or less a spitting image.

Actors DO bulk up for roles, you know. Christian Bale from The Machinist to Batman Begins?

-AC you are quite snippy today. bye bye now.

Alpha Centauri
Bye then. Anybody else?

-AC

InnerRise

-AC Have you ever seen a picture of Kratos?

Kratos has no hair nor does he have "naturally darkened skin."

Alpha Centauri
Have you ever seen a picture of Kratos?

Kratos has no hair nor does he have "naturally darkened skin."

Have you actually seen my post? In the context I was referring to the region from which he hails, and certain characteristics of those who are born there.

He's Greek, it's natural to assume he has Greek characteristics, bar the hair.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Bye then. Anybody else?

-AC I had to stay. I love you. heartbeat

Vosloo just doesnt have the same demanding physical presence that Vin has on screen, muscular or not. watch the Riddick movies and tell me Vin doesnt come across as a tough guy/hero type.

InnerRise
Have you actually seen my post? In the context I was referring to the region from which he hails, and certain characteristics of those who are born there.

He's Greek, it's natural to assume he has Greek characteristics, bar the hair.

-AC Doesn't matter. They're going to get a got who represents Kratos, not someone who has Greek Characteristics and looks nothing like Kratos.

It's a character based on a videogame, not on accurate history.

Alpha Centauri
I had to stay. I love you. heartbeat

Vosloo just doesnt have the same demanding physical presence that Vin has on screen, muscular or not. watch the Riddick movies and tell me Vin doesnt come across as a tough guy/hero type.

You came back cos I didn't care that you left.

Vin Diesel looks permanently constipated, has all the agility and movement of a rock and the voice of a helium-influenced boy.

Vosloo could conceivably bulk up enough, it's not impossible. I think you just have a thing for Vin Diesel.

Doesn't matter. They're going to get a got who represents Kratos, not someone who has Greek Characteristics and looks nothing like Kratos.

It's a character based on a videogame, not on accurate history.

Arnold Vosloo doesn't actually look nothing like Kratos, Vin Diesel certainly doesn't look like him.

And exactly, it's not based on accurate history, so if Hounsou represents Kratos well, he should play him.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
You came back cos I didn't care that you left.

Vin Diesel looks permanently constipated, has all the agility and movement of a rock and the voice of a helium-influenced boy.

Vosloo could conceivably bulk up enough, it's not impossible. I think you just have a thing for Vin Diesel.

-AC whatever you say, babycakes...

and I just happen to think that Vin is a perfect action star. can Stallone act? can Ahnuld act? can Van Damme act? can Jackie Chan act? NO. but they all rock in action roles.

Alpha Centauri
whatever you say, babycakes...

and I just happen to think that Vin is a perfect action star. can Stallone act? can Ahnuld act? can Van Damme act? can Jackie Chan act? NO. but they all rock in action roles.

You wouldn't see Jackie Chan playing The Terminator, you wouldn't see Arnold Schwarzenegger playing Detective Lee.

You shouldn't see Vin Diesel playing someone like Kratos.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
You wouldn't see Jackie Chan playing The Terminator, you wouldn't see Arnold Schwarzenegger playing Detective Lee.

You shouldn't see Vin Diesel playing someone like Kratos.

-AC that post made no sense whatsoever.

Alpha Centauri
that post made no sense whatsoever.

It did, but I'll make it more simple for you.

They are all action stars, but that doesn't mean an action star is entitled to any role in an action movie JUST because plot isn't a main factor.

You cited the fact that they're not all good actors, but so what? The Terminator didn't need good acting, neither did Chan's character of Detective Lee in Rush Hour, but Arnold couldn't have played it because it required certain physical ability that is beyond him, the same with Terminator, it required a physical appearance and ability that isn't believable in Chan.

My point being; Vin Diesel isn't necessarily a good choice for Kratos because he's bald and large. He is not agile, he is stiff as a board and he doesn't have a good voice.

-AC

Mirai Gohan
Thank you, Vin Diesel just sucks ass. Hounsou is clearly the better choice.

Alpha Centauri
I don't know if he is, I don't really care.

My point is more a universal one using the game as an example.

-AC

InnerRise
It did, but I'll make it more simple for you.

They are all action stars, but that doesn't mean an action star is entitled to any role in an action movie JUST because plot isn't a main factor.

You cited the fact that they're not all good actors, but so what? The Terminator didn't need good acting, neither did Chan's character of Detective Lee in Rush Hour, but Arnold couldn't have played it because it required certain physical ability that is beyond him, the same with Terminator, it required a physical appearance and ability that isn't believable in Chan.

My point being; Vin Diesel isn't necessarily a good choice for Kratos because he's bald and large. He is not agile, he is stiff as a board and he doesn't have a good voice.

-AC I'm not saying a black man can't play the role.

Just so there's no confusion about what I'm about to say.

Vin actually does look something like Kratos and could pull it off. Afterall, astounding acting abilities aren't required as we've all agreed on that.

He's done other action movies, so his "body is as stiff as a board" really doesn't mean anything under these circumstances if it's even true.

Also, his voice is similar to Kratos's voice.

Have you ever even played the game, b/c many of your points just aren't...............they just aren't.........

Alpha Centauri
I'm not saying a black man can't play the role.

Just so there's no confusion about what I'm about to say.

Vin actually does look something like Kratos and could pull it off. Afterall, astounding acting abilities aren't required as we've all agreed on that.

He's done other action movies, so his "body is as stiff as a board" really doesn't mean anything under these circumstances if it's even true.

Also, his voice is similar to Kratos's voice.

Have you ever even played the game, b/c many of your points just aren't...............they just aren't.........

A) Yes, I've played it.

B) He cannot move convincingly, he is not an agile man, that's my point.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
What about Gerard Butler? what about The Rock?

Ozone
Those are some very good choices. They would portray the role well.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
What about Gerard Butler? what about The Rock?

Butler would be a good choice. The Rock I'm not sure about.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Butler would be a good choice. The Rock I'm not sure about. yup. the Rock and Gerard woudl ebable to meet the physical part of the role. Gerard is a good actor, and the Rock is passable on a good day.

Mirai Gohan
The Rock (as much as I like him) would be a horrible choice for the role of Kratos. Gerald Butler would actually be a pretty good choice but he'd kind of look weird with a bald head.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>