surtur vs depowered tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
straight up battle who takes it?

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
straight up battle who takes it?

Hey buddy

Does Surtur have Twilight

lordboo
Originally posted by guy222
Hey buddy

Does Surtur have Twilight
hi guy,no sword allowed

celestialdemon
I'd still give the edge to Surtur but only slightly.

lordboo
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I'd still give the edge to Surtur but only slightly.
i think tyrant would give him hell of fight,but surtur would take the majority imo.

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
hi guy,no sword allowed

otay

surtur still wins

Demogorge
Surtur

quanchi112
tyrant for sure

Sundipped
I'll give Tyrant the win. He would beat Loki Thor and Odin combined.

llagrok
Originally posted by Sundipped
I'll give Tyrant the win. He would beat Loki Thor and Odin combined.

rofl.

Loki and Thor are nowhere near Odin's level, in a fight like that they would be irrelevant.

Surtur takes it.

Sundipped
Originally posted by llagrok
rofl.

Loki and Thor are nowhere near Odin's level, in a fight like that they would be irrelevant.

Surtur takes it.

Ok but wasn't the 3 combined enough to beat Surtur? Thanos did a decent job against Odin. Can't say that about his fight with Tyrant. And on top of that he had a power-up.

Stupid Rookie
Ok but wasn't the 3 combined enough to beat Surtur? Thanos did a decent job against Odin. Can't say that about his fight with Tyrant. And on top of that he had a power-up.

Yeah but wasn't that after Tyrant had been syphoning energy from the heroes for a while. I thought he was powered up because of his energy bubbles, like the one Thanos stole?

Kutulu
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Yeah but wasn't that after Tyrant had been syphoning energy from the heroes for a while. I thought he was powered up because of his energy bubbles, like the one Thanos stole?

Tyrant has a constant energy feed of billions of living planets fuelling him at all times. You can see he clearly owned the heroes all at once without any trouble at all. He merely started to siphon them as well. Their total power wasn't enough to significantly upgrade him.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Kutulu
Tyrant has a constant energy feed of billions of living planets fuelling him at all times. You can see he clearly owned the heroes all at once without any trouble at all. He merely started to siphon them as well. Their total power wasn't enough to significantly upgrade him.

How come one energy bubble was enough to upgrade Thanos to a point where he actually was doing ok against him?

Also, Odin dispatched SS without even noticing him, I think he could have had similar results against the team. I mean if he take a SS blast without noticing, and knocks him out, he should easily be able to take Glads, Terrax, Morg, Ganymede, and SS. Thanos was obviously a bit of a problem, but I think Odin can take him.

I also consider Surtur>Odin

llagrok

I believe Tyrant was the one who had "imprisoned" all the energy/power inside those orbs.

Thanos didn't do a decent job against Odin at all. He took a lot of beating and never returned any. It didn't come off as though he had any chance of winning or stalemating Odin. Besides, Odin had to do a kamikaze attack when Surtur appeared in Oslo. He also created minions capable of taking on the likes of BRB and Kurse.

Utrigita
I have always seen Tyrant as being at the same level as a skyfather, Stalemate.

llagrok
Originally posted by Utrigita

Me too, though he's ranked as transcendent at the tier list for some reason.

quanchi112
I have always seen Tyrant as being at the same level as a skyfather, Stalemate. tyrant is above skyfather. he is above odin and below galactus.

quanchi112
I believe Tyrant was the one who had "imprisoned" all the energy/power inside those orbs.

Thanos didn't do a decent job against Odin at all. He took a lot of beating and never returned any. It didn't come off as though he had any chance of winning or stalemating Odin. Besides, Odin had to do a kamikaze attack when Surtur appeared in Oslo. He also created minions capable of taking on the likes of BRB and Kurse. thanos didnt do a decent job?
laughing

what comic were u reading. thanos was singed. he was charging odin and dishing out some pain. thanos was more worse for the wear. thanos hung in there for pages and asgard was getting trashed. suilver surfer didnt do a good job against odin. thanos did an excellent job.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos didnt do a decent job?
laughing

what comic were u reading. thanos was singed. he was charging odin and dishing out some pain. thanos was more worse for the wear. thanos hung in there for pages and asgard was getting trashed. suilver surfer didnt do a good job against odin. thanos did an excellent job.

Thanos never once hurt Odin. He hurt Tyrant a couple of times.

quanchi112
Thanos never once hurt Odin. He hurt Tyrant a couple of times. thanos suviveda lot longer and wasnt hurt nearly as bas against odin. thanos had to leave against tyrant. against odin he didnt leave or give up. tyrant makes galactus bleed. tyrant has no losses save two. one to galactus and one to ultimate nullfier.

celestialdemon
thanos suviveda lot longer and wasnt hurt nearly as bas against odin. thanos had to leave against tyrant. against odin he didnt leave or give up. tyrant makes galactus bleed. tyrant has no losses save two. one to galactus and one to ultimate nullfier.

But you laughed at the idea of Thanos not doing a decent job against Odin. How did he possibly do a good job if he wasn't even hurting him? He survived an ass-whooping. That's about it.

quanchi112
But you laughed at the idea of Thanos not doing a decent job against Odin. How did he possibly do a good job if he wasn't even hurting him? He survived an ass-whooping. That's about it. thanos was singed. he wasnt close to being dead. odin looked better but thanos was charging him and running through blasts. honorbale performance to hang with someone of that might. he couldnt put thanos down either.

Sundipped
I don't recall ever seeing Tyrant hurt at all. I do recall seeing Thanos being blasted by Tyrant's cosmic HV at point blank range while being held overhead. Same thing woulda happened to Odin.

Thanos w/powerup>Odin
If Surtur can't pull the UN out his pocket then he loses this fight.

quanchi112
I don't recall ever seeing Tyrant hurt at all. I do recall seeing Thanos being blasted by Tyrant's cosmic HV at point blank range while being held overhead. Same thing woulda happened to Odin.

Thanos w/powerup>Odin
If Surtur can't pull the UN out his pocket then he loses this fight. thanos didnt have a powerup. that is up for debate. thanos had to leave against tyrant becuz tyrant was more powerful than odin. tyrant kills surtur.

celestialdemon

Thanos w/powerup>Odin
If Surtur can't pull the UN out his pocket then he loses this fight.

You remember wrong then.

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imrln6sz6.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanostyrant3de0.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanostyrant4rf7.jpg

And no, Thanos w/"powerup" isn't greater than Odin. We don't even know whose energy was in the orb or how much power was even in it.

Sundipped
thanos didnt have a powerup. that is up for debate. thanos had to leave against tyrant becuz tyrant was more powerful than odin. tyrant kills surtur.

Thanos had a power up. U can see the orb containing Morg's energy in his hand during a blast he let out against Tyrant. The blast did absolutely nothing. Ur right tho Thanos would have either died or became a prisoner if he stayed. I agree Tyrant wins.

Sundipped
You remember wrong then.

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imrln6sz6.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanostyrant3de0.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanostyrant4rf7.jpg

And no, Thanos w/"powerup" isn't greater than Odin. We don't even know whose energy was in the orb or how much power was even in it.

The first scan was the blast that did nothing. The ord was in his hand in every scan. If u ask me the last 2 scans was just Tyrant trying to test Thanos's power. There was no real damage done.

PokeMark007
Keep it civil. i will close thread if I have to.

celestialdemon
The first scan was the blast that did nothing. The ord was in his hand in every scan. If u ask me the last 2 scans was just Tyrant trying to test Thanos's power. There was no real damage done.

No, Tyrant cried out in pain in the second scan. So he was hurt. Thanos never got close to that against Odin.

Again, how much power the orb contained is speculation. It didn't have Morg's power. Tyrant gave Morg back his power when Thanos and co. invaded.

Tyrant just trying to test Thanos' power is false. Tyrant was mad that Thanos tried to challenge him in the first place. After the planet was destroyed, Tyrant was surprised Thanos was still alive. So, he obviously was out to kill him.

celestialdemon
THIS is a blast doing nothing.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564

Sundipped
No, Tyrant cried out in pain in the second scan. So he was hurt. Thanos never got close to that against Odin.

Again, how much power the orb contained is speculation. It didn't have Morg's power. Tyrant gave Morg back his power when Thanos and co. invaded.

Tyrant just trying to test Thanos' power is false. Tyrant was mad that Thanos tried to challenge him in the first place. After the planet was destroyed, Tyrant was surprised Thanos was still alive. So, he obviously was out to kill him.

Tyrant cried out in pain what once? Just think how Odin would have been hurt if he got hit by a powered up Thanos. There is a question of exactly how much power was in the orb but it had to be of some significance or Thanos wouldn't have bothered to use it. He held on to it during the whole fight.

Tyrant knew Thanos wasn't much of a challenge. After the explosion Tyrant was still standing obviously not hurt at all while Thanos appeared to be struggling to get up and his costume was ripped up. He just commented on him still being there.

norrinradd43
the big red guy wins

celestialdemon
Tyrant cried out in pain what once? Just think how Odin would have been hurt if he got hit by a powered up Thanos. There is a question of exactly how much power was in the orb but it had to be of some significance or Thanos wouldn't have bothered to use it. He held on to it during the whole fight.

Thanos made Tyrant cry out in pain once, and knocked his head back twice. That's more than he did with Odin. And we don't know if Odin would have been affected by the "powered up" Thanos. You can't possibly say he even would have since we have no idea how much power was in the orb. Thanos held onto it the whole fight because his objective was to steal it.

Tyrant knew Thanos wasn't much of a challenge. After the explosion Tyrant was still standing obviously not hurt at all while Thanos appeared to be struggling to get up and his costume was ripped up. He just commented on him still being there.

Thanos did not struggle to get up. He just broke through the ground and stood up. And Tyrant commented on how much more Thanos was compared to the others he fought. Does that mean he would have beaten Tyrant? Hell no. But Tyrant recognized that Thanos wasn't going to go down as easily as the others.

Priest
Surter wins,
I haven't seen any displays of power that would make De-powered Tyrant leagues away from Thanos.
Surter is a beast, he>>>thanos.

llagrok
Thanos had a power up. U can see the orb containing Morg's energy in his hand during a blast he let out against Tyrant. The blast did absolutely nothing. Ur right tho Thanos would have either died or became a prisoner if he stayed. I agree Tyrant wins.

It wasn't used as a powerup, it was used as a weapon. Geez, read the comics.

Sundipped
Ok before we get too far off topic, I think it's safe to say that Thanos came up on the short end of the stick in both battles. His battle with Tyrant included some sort of power boost (how much is not known but it's still a boost). Could Thanos have earned a legitimate stalemate or clear cut victory if he had the p-up against Odin? Debateble. All I know is that Tyrant was not hurt in the least in the last panel of their fight. Without the orb Thanos would have gotten clobbered for sure. Unlike what happened in his fight with Odin.

I don't see some 1 who feeds of planetary energy like Tyrant losing to Surtur unless it has been a while since he fed.

Sundipped
It wasn't used as a powerup, it was used as a weapon. Geez, read the comics.

Why would Thanos only use a stolen weapon to fight against Tyrant? He would have got trashed for sure using that alone instead of combining his own power with it.

llagrok
Ok before we get too far off topic, I think it's safe to say that Thanos came up on the short end of the stick in both battles. His battle with Tyrant included some sort of power boost (how much is not known but it's still a boost). Could Thanos have earned a legitimate stalemate or clear cut victory if he had the p-up against Odin? Debateble. All I know is that Tyrant was not hurt in the least in the last panel of their fight. Without the orb Thanos would have gotten clobbered for sure. Unlike what happened in his fight with Odin.

I don't see some 1 who feeds of planetary energy like Tyrant losing to Surtur unless it has been a while since he fed.

It wasn't a powerup, he used it as a god damn weapon. There's a huge difference. Thanos didn't stand a chance against Odin either, he was losing both battles.

Here's a fact though. Thanos was sent flying and knocked down when facing Odin, he was capable of standing up to Tyrant. All your statements are based on speculations.

Xplosive

Depowered Tyrant, yes, FP Tyrant goes beyond skyfather level.

quanchi112

Tyrant just trying to test Thanos' power is false. Tyrant was mad that Thanos tried to challenge him in the first place. After the planet was destroyed, Tyrant was surprised Thanos was still alive. So, he obviously was out to kill him. the orb wasnt a powerup. it was used to hit morg. he wasnt deriving power from hit. no evidence to even suggest that. tyrant made thanos leave a lot quicker than odin who never made thanos leave, that right there tells u that tyrant issuperior to odin. odinfought him for alonger time and thanos looked in better shape and wasnt going anywhere.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Xplosive
Depowered Tyrant, yes, FP Tyrant goes beyond skyfather level. no depowerd tyrant was still kicking big g's ass in silver surfer 108. odin couldnt beat up on galactus. i dont believe he could. tyrant only lost to the un in his depowered state. tyrant would beat odin.

its that simple.

Sundipped
It wasn't a powerup, he used it as a god damn weapon. There's a huge difference. Thanos didn't stand a chance against Odin either, he was losing both battles.

Here's a fact though. Thanos was sent flying and knocked down when facing Odin, he was capable of standing up to Tyrant. All your statements are based on speculations.

So ur saying that this was really the orb vs. Tyrant instead of Thanos? Could it be possible that Thanos was just using the orbs power as u say because he knew he didn't stand a chance with his own? I gave him the benefit of a doubt and said he combined his own power with it. Anyway I'm dropping the orb debate because we don't know how much power it really contained.

Tyrant's HV sent Thanos flying as well. He stood up to Tyrant for a while but we all know where this fight was headed had it continued.

llagrok
So ur saying that this was really the orb vs. Tyrant instead of Thanos? Could it be possible that Thanos was just using the orbs power as u say because he knew he didn't stand a chance with his own? I gave him the benefit of a doubt and said he combined his own power with it. Anyway I'm dropping the orb debate because we don't know how much power it really contained.

Tyrant's HV sent Thanos flying as well. He stood up to Tyrant for a while but we all know where this fight was headed had it continued.

I never claimed that Thanos would be capable of defeating Tyrant on his own.

However,Tyrant was surprised over the fact that Thanos survived his attacks and was obviously trying very hard. Odin ASKED Thanos if he gave up, meaning that he tried to make Thanos yield and not kill him. Why else would he ask if Thanos gave up? Either way, this isn't Tyrant vs Odin, it's Tyrant vs Surtur.

quanchi112

Tyrant's HV sent Thanos flying as well. He stood up to Tyrant for a while but we all know where this fight was headed had it continued. there should be no debate here. tyrant messed him up more than odin in a shorter time. thanos left. thanos loked better and wasnt going anywhere and fought odin for awhile. simple. tyrant beats odin. tyrant beats surtur.

Stupid Rookie
no depowerd tyrant was still kicking big g's ass in silver surfer 108. odin couldnt beat up on galactus. i dont believe he could. tyrant only lost to the un in his depowered state. tyrant would beat odin.

its that simple.

yeah but wasn't that because he is able to steal power. There is a specific reason, or skill of Tyrant which allowed him to handle G, and it wouldn't work on Odin.

Sundipped
I never claimed that Thanos would be capable of defeating Tyrant on his own.

However,Tyrant was surprised over the fact that Thanos survived his attacks and was obviously trying very hard. Odin ASKED Thanos if he gave up, meaning that he tried to make Thanos yield and not kill him. Why else would he ask if Thanos gave up? Either way, this isn't Tyrant vs Odin, it's Tyrant vs Surtur.

I don't think Tyrant tried hard at all. Look at what happened after the explosion. Thanos was visibly scarred while Tyrant still looked fresh with no scars. If Tyrants invulnerability is on that much a higher level then his power is also. After the first blast Thanos gave, that was when Tyrant said "you are not like the others" then he proceded to test Thanos's strength by allowing Thanos to get a couple shots in (IMHO). After that the assault was quickly brought to a halt. Odin being a good guy gave Thanos a choice. Thanos knew he only had 1 choice vs. Tyrant.

Ur right this is Tyrant vs. Surtur and I'm not trying to get too far off topic. I'm still going with Tyrant.

Stupid Rookie
THIS is a blast doing nothing.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564

This scan should end all debate. I mean he takes a simultaneous shot from SS and Thanos, and it doesn't do anything to him. Thanos' durability feat in the subsequent scans was awesome, but Odin wasn't even flinching at his attacks,

llagrok
I don't think Tyrant tried hard at all. Look at what happened after the explosion. Thanos was visibly scarred while Tyrant still looked fresh with no scars. If Tyrants invulnerability is on that much a higher level then his power is also. After the first blast Thanos gave, that was when Tyrant said "you are not like the others" then he proceded to test Thanos's strength by allowing Thanos to get a couple shots in (IMHO). After that the assault was quickly brought to a halt. Odin being a good guy gave Thanos a choice. Thanos knew he only had 1 choice vs. Tyrant.

Ur right this is Tyrant vs. Surtur and I'm not trying to get too far off topic. I'm still going with Tyrant.

I haven't seen Tyrant display any particular resistance to magic. There's also a reason why Odin always has to lock Surtur away instead of killing him.

Tyrant has in fact been injured by terrax

celestialdemon
Ok before we get too far off topic, I think it's safe to say that Thanos came up on the short end of the stick in both battles.

Agreed

His battle with Tyrant included some sort of power boost (how much is not known but it's still a boost).

Again, no evidence whatsoever that it powered up Thanos. Neither he nor Tryant nor the writer give any indication that it is. So stating otherwise is speculation.

Could Thanos have earned a legitimate stalemate or clear cut victory if he had the p-up against Odin? Debateble.

Considering Thanos was doing absolutely no damage to Odin, and Odin wasn't using most of his arsenal against Thanos, I highly doubt it.

All I know is that Tyrant was not hurt in the least in the last panel of their fight. Without the orb Thanos would have gotten clobbered for sure. Unlike what happened in his fight with Odin.

Thanos got beat down in his fight with Odin just like he did with Tyrant. Neither were hurt at the end of each battle. But Tyrant was hurt during the fight. Odin was not.

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Tyrant-17.jpg

Hell, even Ganymede and Terrax can hurt Tyrant.

Sundipped

Hell, even Ganymede and Terrax can hurt Tyrant.

That was complete BS to me. An enraged Surfer cosmic blast(s) didn't do anything and Stormbreaker bounced off him like he got hit playing dodgeball. I guess the villian has to show some sort of vulnerability. Can't have him just completely walk all over all the heroes like he just about did.

quanchi112

Hell, even Ganymede and Terrax can hurt Tyrant. who cares. a bee can hurt u or me. doesnt mean a bee is killing us unless we are allergic. tyrant defeated all the forces that were in front of him. he didnt lose. its simple.

unless we find out tyrant is allergic to odin hes not killing him. tyrant wins.

quanchi112
Agreed

Again, no evidence whatsoever that it powered up Thanos. Neither he nor Tryant nor the writer give any indication that it is. So stating otherwise is speculation.

Considering Thanos was doing absolutely no damage to Odin, and Odin wasn't using most of his arsenal against Thanos, I highly doubt it.

Thanos got beat down in his fight with Odin just like he did with Tyrant. Neither were hurt at the end of each battle. But Tyrant was hurt during the fight. Odin was not. ur argument has no basis. its all speculation. odin wasnt going all out. why wouldnt he be. why did he step in. he knows the titans reputation. he wouldnt take chances. unless ur argument changes and says odins dumb as hell. he wouldnt give thanos an inch. he didnt but it faile dto put thanos down. ho wmany times did odin think thanos was dead.

laughing

celestialdemon
ur argument has no basis. its all speculation. odin wasnt going all out. why wouldnt he be. why did he step in. he knows the titans reputation. he wouldnt take chances. unless ur argument changes and says odins dumb as hell. he wouldnt give thanos an inch. he didnt but it faile dto put thanos down. ho wmany times did odin think thanos was dead.

laughing

Why wouldn't Odin be going all out? I don't know. But I do know that Odin gave Thanos the chance to give up. I also know that Odin's first attack wasn't nearly as strong as his other ones. So, it seems to me like he was trying to subdue Thanos and give him the chance to give up instead of kill him.

How many times did Odin think Thanos was dead? Once. Just like Tyrant did. Jumpy

lordboo
some people are selling surtur way short here,surtur takes the Majority 6/10 imo.and depowered tyrant should be at skyfather level not transcendent.

quanchi112
Why wouldn't Odin be going all out? I don't know. But I do know that Odin gave Thanos the chance to give up. I also know that Odin's first attack wasn't nearly as strong as his other ones. So, it seems to me like he was trying to subdue Thanos and give him the chance to give up instead of kill him.

How many times did Odin think Thanos was dead? Once. Just like Tyrant did. Jumpy odin was going all out. that s my point it doesnt make sense for him to be holding back. pdin treid to put thanos down and failed at it. he did succeed in laying waste to much of asgard in this battle. tyrant made thanos leave a lot quicker than odin. hell odin didnt make thanos yield or leave. kind of tells you something doesnt it.

tyrant is mightier than odin.

Xplosive
odin was going all out.

It didn't look he was going all out.

odin couldnt beat up on galactus.

Neither could FP Tyrant.

But I think DP Tyrant would defeat Odin.

About DP Tyrant Vs. Surtur, tough one. I know it is not FP Tyrant, but I would still chose DP Tyrant somehow.

About Thanos Vs. DP Tyrant. Thanos was amped good, I mean DP Tyrant had no trouble at all against those six powerful beings and then had trouble with Thanos (although DP Tyrant wasn't hurt at all and beat Thanos and didn't go all out). Thanos was amped good and those six would crush non-amped Thanos in a fight.

celestialdemon
odin was going all out. that s my point it doesnt make sense for him to be holding back. pdin treid to put thanos down and failed at it. he did succeed in laying waste to much of asgard in this battle. tyrant made thanos leave a lot quicker than odin. hell odin didnt make thanos yield or leave. kind of tells you something doesnt it.

Have you seen Odin fight when he's IS going all out? What he did to Thanos is nothing compared to his true power.

The only reason Thanos left quicker against Tyrant than he did against Odin is because he and the rest of the Watch were there to talk to Odin. It doesn't make sense for him to leave when the whole objective of going to Asgard was to find him. Against Tyrant, he stated he did what he set out to do. He withstood Tyrant and stole the orb.

tyrant is mightier than odin.

In your opinion, which is fine.

celestialdemon

About Thanos Vs. DP Tyrant. Thanos was amped good, I mean DP Tyrant had no trouble at all against those six powerful beings and then had trouble with Thanos (although DP Tyrant wasn't hurt at all and beat Thanos and didn't go all out). Thanos was amped good and those six would crush non-amped Thanos in a fight.

No proof that Thanos' power was amped in that fight. He shoots power from the orb once. Other than that, he hits Tyrant with it physically and blasts him with his own power.

Xplosive
No proof that Thanos' power was amped in that fight.

Then why he didn't go into the fight without orb, because he knew he wouldn't even stand a chance. With orb, he did stand a chance for 5 minutes, otherwise he wouldn't.
And DP Tyrant still looked like he didn't break a sweat in the last panel of their fight.
And Thanos wouldn't be able to defeat those six under his own power, no way.
That orb obviously helped him.

Alfheim
Didt Odin beat Mephisto in his own realm? By the way guys Odin fought Thanos in Asagard where he is more powerful, but if Odin can beat Mephisto in his own house he must still be ****ing powerful on earth.

Yeah and it looked like Odin was about to make Thanos his b*tch until he was interrupted. Theres no way Thanos is gonna give Odin a good fight in his realm unless he wanted him to.

celestialdemon
Then why he didn't go into the fight without orb, because he knew he wouldn't even stand a chance. With orb, he did stand a chance for 5 minutes, otherwise he wouldn't.
And DP Tyrant still looked like he didn't break a sweat in the last panel of their fight.
And Thanos wouldn't be able to defeat those six under his own power, no way.
That orb obviously helped him.

Because he was there to steal it. He said so himself. Also, he never said anything about beating Tyrant. He said they would find out which being was mightier. Why would Thanos say that if he was going to be using an object to upgrade his own power? That would defeat the purpose of his statement.

We don't know if Thanos would have beaten all 6 at the same time. He might have been able to, although not with the ridiculous ease that Tyrant did. Thanos has taken a point blank blast from SS before with no effect.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Alfheim
By the way guys Odin fought Thanos in Asagard where he is more powerful.

Just out of curiosity, has this ever been stated anywhere? I honestly don't know.

Alfheim
Just out of curiosity, has this ever been stated anywhere? I honestly don't know.

Im sure it has but its one of those things you see often that you take for granted, but like I said he beat Mephisto in his own realm even outside he is very powerful.

Xplosive
We don't know if Thanos would have beaten all 6 at the same time.

I think those 6 would easily overwhelm him.

Stupid Rookie
Im sure it has but its one of those things you see often that you take for granted, but like I said he beat Mephisto in his own realm even outside he is very powerful.

Didn't Mephisto basically stalemate Galactus in his own realm?

M is constantly under rated on the forum.

Alfheim
Didn't Mephisto basically stalemate Galactus in his own realm?

M is constantly under rated on the forum.

Did he?

Stupid Rookie
Did he?

Depends on how you read this, but certainly he gave him a good fight.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7307/mephistobattlesgalactusel3.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8203/mephistobattlesgalactuseg2.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4581/mephistobattlesgalactusan2.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2618/mephistobattlesgalactusjy6.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5421/mephistobattlesgalactusdw9.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/11/mephistobattlesgalactusid1.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2592/mephistobattlesgalactusja9.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/695/mephistobattlesgalactushq3.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8002/mephistobattlesgalactusyp9.jpg

Edit: Scans fixed, I hope

llagrok
A lot of people misunderstand Thanos here.

When Thanos supposedly fought Odin, he came there to find a "cure" for Thor. When he faced Tyrant it was because he wanted to test him and see if he could withstand his attacks, which he could. Thanos himself mentioned that Tyrant had been humbled. But enough about that for now.

I'd say that Surtur should take a solid majority against Odin barring Odin's ability to lock him away/imprison him. Seeing as Tyrant has shown NO magical abilities, I doubt he'd be capable of imprisoning Surtur.

Surtur does NOT employ any technology, nor does he use biospheric energy. Which means that Tyrant won't be able to absorb any of his energy or take over any of his technology, like he did against Galactus. Which makes that fight irrelevant. So please stop listing it as a feat.

Surtur's magic has given his immeasurable knowledge and intelligence which should give him a pretty major advantage. The likes of Terrax and Ganymede would not be able to harm him, and despite what most people think he actually has impressive hand to hand skills.

I'd say that Surtur takes a solid majority here. If he chose to engage Tyrant physically he would most certainly win. 7/10

Stupid Rookie

I'd say that Surtur should take a solid majority against Odin barring Odin's ability to lock him away/imprison him. Seeing as Tyrant has shown NO magical abilities, I doubt he'd be capable of imprisoning Surtur.

Surtur does NOT employ any technology, nor does he use biospheric energy. Which means that Tyrant won't be able to absorb any of his energy or take over any of his technology, like he did against Galactus. Which makes that fight irrelevant. So please stop listing it as a feat.

Surtur's magic has given his immeasurable knowledge and intelligence which should give him a pretty major advantage. The likes of Terrax and Ganymede would not be able to harm him, and despite what most people think he actually has impressive hand to hand skills.

I'd say that Surtur takes a solid majority here. If he chose to engage Tyrant physically he would most certainly win. 7/10

Excellent post. As stated, Tyrant will not be able to absorb Surtur's energy or tech.

Also in regards to physical fighting, Surtur is over 1000 feet tall, so I don't see anyone doing anything physical to him.

quanchi112
A lot of people misunderstand Thanos here.

When Thanos supposedly fought Odin, he came there to find a "cure" for Thor. When he faced Tyrant it was because he wanted to test him and see if he could withstand his attacks, which he could. Thanos himself mentioned that Tyrant had been humbled. But enough about that for now.

I'd say that Surtur takes a solid majority here. If he chose to engage Tyrant physically he would most certainly win. 7/10 ok if we throw the galactus fight out where do u have a tyrant loss. u have none to go by. it took a galactus win against his fully powered version to be the only being that ever beat him. tyrant has lost to no one else. he went against heavyweights and won or was winning. sorry but until surtur shows me something else. he isnt taking a win here.

llagrok
Excellent post. As stated, Tyrant will not be able to absorb Surtur's energy or tech.

Also in regards to physical fighting, Surtur is over 1000 feet tall, so I don't see anyone doing anything physical to him.

Tyrant can't hope to match Sutur's knowledge either. It would be possible that he could match his intelligence through hooking up with his ship and such, but that means he has prep and items at his disposal. It wouldn't be fair giving Tyrant that and not Surtur. And if Surtur got to use any of his items, this would be a curbstomp.

Sundipped

Tyrant doesn't need to absorb Surtur's energy to be able to beat him. He draws biospheric energy from planets. He uses the energies from other beings to power his ship and army of heavy troopers.

Tyrant has immense knowledge as well. He has been around for billions of years. He spent all his time while exiled taking over galaxy after galaxy consuming/ruling over countless worlds and can now bend just about any kind of tech to serve his own purposes. I stated earlier that some vulnerabilities have to be shown with so much opposition up against him. Why does Terrax and Ganymede have to be the ones to hurt him out of every 1 else is my question?

I say that Tyrant takes the 7/10. Tyrant has talons and was visibly slashing Galactus in their final fight so I'm sure Sutur can be slashed. Aside from a physical confrontation Tyrant won't even have to go that route. He has enough powerful ranged attacks.

llagrok
See, here you're giving him massive prep while proving that you haven't read cosmic powers or Silver Surfer. Why was Tyrant able to slash Galactus? Galactus was severely weakened. Didn't I state why that fight was irrelevant here? I did. Tyrant was pretty much designed to take down Galactus. He was capable of absorbing all of Galactus' attacks and using his tech.

Tyrant will not be using tech in this fight, nor will he take over someone else's tech. Nor will he absorb anything that Surtur throws at him.

Alfheim
Depends on how you read this, but certainly he gave him a good fight.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7307/mephistobattlesgalactusel3.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8203/mephistobattlesgalactuseg2.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4581/mephistobattlesgalactusan2.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2618/mephistobattlesgalactusjy6.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5421/mephistobattlesgalactusdw9.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/11/mephistobattlesgalactusid1.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2592/mephistobattlesgalactusja9.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/695/mephistobattlesgalactushq3.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8002/mephistobattlesgalactusyp9.jpg

Edit: Scans fixed, I hope

My bad I thought you said M statlemated Big G outside of his realm, in his realm im not suprised. Dont know how Odin owned him then.

Mr Master
Yeah and it looked like Odin was about to make Thanos his b*tch until he was interrupted.

Theres no way Thanos is gonna give Odin a good fight in his realm unless he wanted him to.

I'm not too sure about that, Thanos stalemated Odin all the way until they were interrupted.

Odin seemed to get more licks in,
but Thanos never went down for the count and never backed down eeither.

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr Master
I'm not too sure about that, Thanos stalemated Odin all the way until they were interrupted.

Odin seemed to get more licks in,
but Thanos never went down for the count and never backed down eeither.

Thanos didn't exactly stalemate, Odin never once budged him, Thanos was sent flying.

My point is that it's stupid to compare those two incidents. Odin wasn't bloodlusted, Tyrant was. Thanos wanted to fight Tyrant obviously, but had another reason for seeking out Odin. He couldn't teleport away when Odin and him fought.

Sundipped
See, here you're giving him massive prep while proving that you haven't read cosmic powers or Silver Surfer. Why was Tyrant able to slash Galactus? Galactus was severely weakened. Didn't I state why that fight was irrelevant here? I did. Tyrant was pretty much designed to take down Galactus. He was capable of absorbing all of Galactus' attacks and using his tech.

Tyrant will not be using tech in this fight, nor will he take over someone else's tech. Nor will he absorb anything that Surtur throws at him.

I'm not giving Tyrant any prep. I was just stating where his power comes from and what he does with other beings power. Tyrant derives his power the same way Galan does. The whole time he was in exile he built up his power to the point where he could face Galan again. This took millions of years.

And why was Galan weakened? Because he tried a energy reverse using his ship but Tyrant re-reversed it and it drained his energy instead. It was just a bad move on Galans part. U say Tyrant is designed to take down Galan but the point is Tyrant posseses incredible power to be able to do this. Galan would stomp a mudhole in Surtur. Why? Because he is just on a higher power level. If Tyrant can do that to Galactus then he should have enough power to defeat Sutur.

llagrok
I'm not giving Tyrant any prep. I was just stating where his power comes from and what he does with other beings power. Tyrant derives his power the same way Galan does. The whole time he was in exile he built up his power to the point where he could face Galan again. This took millions of years.

And why was Galan weakened? Because he tried a energy reverse using his ship but Tyrant re-reversed it and it drained his energy instead. It was just a bad move on Galans part. U say Tyrant is designed to take down Galan but the point is Tyrant posseses incredible power to be able to do this. Galan would stomp a mudhole in Surtur. Why? Because he is just on a higher power level. If Tyrant can do that to Galactus then he should have enough power to defeat Sutur.

ABC logic.

You're not hearing me at all. The powers that Tyrant used to take down Galactus wouldn't work against Surtur. Why? Because Surtur doesn't have any tech nor does he employ biospheric energy.

Mr Master
Thanos didn't exactly stalemate, Odin never once budged him, Thanos was sent flying.

They stalemated, in and out of Asgard.

It can be argued that Odin would have eventually won, but in that issue it was a stalemate.

I must concede though,

Odin knocked out Drax with one blast, and Silver Surfer and Thanos simultaneously attacked Odin with full fury it seemed, and Odin just stood there for a moment as if nothing was happening.

Very impressive,

not to mention he knocked the Silver Surfer out also with one wave of his hand.

Come to think of it, Odin would've definitely eventually won,

but a very, very close match that is indeed.

My point is that it's stupid to compare those two incidents. Odin wasn't bloodlusted, Tyrant was. Thanos wanted to fight Tyrant obviously, but had another reason for seeking out Odin. He couldn't teleport away when Odin and him fought.

I can agree with this.

Mr Master
Ahh what the heck,

here's the entire scene:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7285/warlock2518ac1.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6111/warlock2519dw1.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3041/warlock2520ap5.th.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5711/warlock2521fd5.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/4538/warlock2522vj0.th.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1336/warlock2523hu8.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3360/warlock2524lo8.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7144/warlock2526gj7.th.jpg

continues in the next post....

Mr Master
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/3452/warlock2527te8.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1958/warlock2528oz5.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/821/warlock252930bk6.th.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4452/warlock2531sc0.th.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9746/warlock2532zc8.th.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6081/warlock2533df0.th.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8435/warlock2534zr1.th.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3762/warlock2535ne2.th.jpg

llagrok
No need, got it in imageshack.

Odin = norwegian crazy eyes.

Mr Master
No need, got it in imageshack.

Odin = norwegian crazy eyes.

laughing

Sundipped
ABC logic.

You're not hearing me at all. The powers that Tyrant used to take down Galactus wouldn't work against Surtur. Why? Because Surtur doesn't have any tech nor does he employ biospheric energy.

Like I said before, Tyrant won't need any tech to beat Sutur. He has enough power on his own to do it. What are u saying? Only mystical energy can beat Sutur or something? Let me ask u a few questions. Can Galan beat Sutur? If u believe so then how would he do it? Tyrant has the same capabilities as Galan to a lesser extent but it's enough to beat Surtur.

llagrok
Like I said before, Tyrant won't need any tech to beat Sutur. He has enough power on his own to do it. What are u saying? Only mystical energy can beat Sutur or something? Let me ask u a few questions. Can Galan beat Sutur? If u believe so then how would he do it? Tyrant has the same capabilities as Galan to a lesser extent but it's enough to beat Surtur.

You don't get it at all.

The only reason why Tyrant was able to beat Galactus was because of Galactus' tech and Galactus' energy.

Utrigita

Thanos was also send flying in his fight with Tyrant. And I believe its safe to assume that the orb that Thanos contrained during that fight amped his normal powerlevels els there would have been no need for him later, to construct a machine that transfered the orbs energies into himself.

Odin was pretty angry to IMO, Odin saw Adam Warlock and Co attack asgard and he stepped in to halt them, One of the warriors commented on how this hasn't happened in recent memory. It speaks IMO quiet clear for that he saw the Warlock and Co as a threat. Yet Thanos knew that he was the only one of them all that would stand a chance against Odin. And as I see it nor Thanos nore Odin was going full out.

As for the Teleportation as far as I know Thanos usely only uses Teleportation when he believes that his only option.

Utrigita
You don't get it at all.

The only reason why Tyrant was able to beat Galactus was because of Galactus' tech and Galactus' energy.

yes

llagrok
Thanos was also send flying in his fight with Tyrant. And I believe its safe to assume that the orb that Thanos contrained during that fight amped his normal powerlevels els there would have been no need for him later, to construct a machine that transfered the orbs energies into himself.

Odin was pretty angry to IMO, Odin saw Adam Warlock and Co attack asgard and he stepped in to halt them, One of the warriors commented on how this hasn't happened in recent memory. It speaks IMO quiet clear for that he saw the Warlock and Co as a threat. Yet Thanos knew that he was the only one of them all that would stand a chance against Odin. And as I see it nor Thanos nore Odin was going full out.

As for the Teleportation as far as I know Thanos usely only uses Teleportation when he believes that his only option.

You need to realize that there was no reason for Thanos to teleport out of Odin's fight. He didn't come there to test himself, but to get Thor his "medicine" He knew that Odin could be calmed down, unlike Tyrant. I've also yet to see Odin be hurt by the likes of Terrax and Ganymede.

About the orb. The orb contained power and required a machine in order to extract it. There was no way Thanos could simply let it empower himself by holding it. It was clearly used as a weapon.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surtur seems the victor here. depowered tyrant never impressed me as much more than maybe 2 or 3 times more powerful than thanos. He certainly doesn't have any feats. one shotting Top tiers is something Thanos does all of the time. Tho Big G didn't want a fight with even depowered Tyrant so who knows.

Utrigita
You need to realize that there was no reason for Thanos to teleport out of Odin's fight. He didn't come there to test himself, but to get Thor his "medicine" He knew that Odin could be calmed down, unlike Tyrant. I've also yet to see Odin be hurt by the likes of Terrax and Ganymede.

About the orb. The orb contained power and required a machine in order to extract it. There was no way Thanos could simply let it empower himself by holding it. It was clearly used as a weapon.

I realize that fully well, but I was more into the reasons for him during it during the fight with Tyrant if he was truly so sure at winning like most people make him why teleport out of there when it looked to me like Tyrant was about to get serious. IMHO it looked like he turned tail and run.

Wasn't that was I was just saying confused That he used the orb during fight as a item (a weapon like the IG) to amp his powerlevels and then later extract the energies of the orb into himself.

Utrigita
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Surtur seems the victor here. depowered tyrant never impressed me as much more than maybe 2 or 3 times more powerful than thanos. He certainly doesn't have any feats. one shotting Top tiers is something Thanos does all of the time. Tho Big G didn't want a fight with even depowered Tyrant so who knows.

He basically saw a fight at that time agaisnt Tyrant as being fruitless so why engage.

llagrok
I realize that fully well, but I was more into the reasons for him during it during the fight with Tyrant if he was truly so sure at winning like most people make him why teleport out of there when it looked to me like Tyrant was about to get serious. IMHO it looked like he turned tail and run.

Wasn't that was I was just saying confused That he used the orb during fight as a item (a weapon like the IG) to amp his powerlevels and then later extract the energies of the orb into himself.

I don't agree with the last part there. I think that he used the orb as a weapon. A sword almost. You can clearly see that he's blasting WITH the orb and that the blast comes from the orb. He's also seen whacking Tyrant with the orb. If it gave thanos a power-up I recon that he would've followed up with his fist.

Utrigita
I don't agree with the last part there. I think that he used the orb as a weapon. A sword almost. You can clearly see that he's blasting WITH the orb and that the blast comes from the orb. He's also seen whacking Tyrant with the orb. If it gave thanos a power-up I recon that he would've followed up with his fist.

Perhaps ore maybe he needed to be in constant contract with the orb for it to give Thanos its power, probably another reason why he extracted the power.

But Agreed.

llagrok
Perhaps ore maybe he needed to be in constant contract with the orb for it to give Thanos its power, probably another reason why he extracted the power.

But Agreed.

I agree that whether or not it was a powerup or a weapon is irrelevant. Point is that he needed it to fight Tyrant.

However, Thanos wasn't stalemating Tyrant with it, he was attacking and injuring him with it. Given the fact that we've seen Tyrant been injured by herald level beings should mean that Surtur is more than capable of killing him.

Utrigita
I agree that whether or not it was a powerup or a weapon is irrelevant. Point is that he needed it to fight Tyrant.

However, Thanos wasn't stalemating Tyrant with it, he was attacking and injuring him with it. Given the fact that we've seen Tyrant been injured by herald level beings should mean that Surtur is more than capable of killing him.

Yes exactly with the orb, I would like to see the battle between Odin and Thanos, with Thanos:
1. wanting to test his skills
2. Having a orb that can be used as a offensive weapon.

We have seen Tyrant being attacked by Surfer and not even glancing at him Beta Ray Bill and Morg and so forth. Also remember the weapon ganyanede had was designed for hurting Tyrant like the OdinSword was designed to hurt the Celestials.

quanchi112
Like I said before, Tyrant won't need any tech to beat Sutur. He has enough power on his own to do it. What are u saying? Only mystical energy can beat Sutur or something? Let me ask u a few questions. Can Galan beat Sutur? If u believe so then how would he do it? Tyrant has the same capabilities as Galan to a lesser extent but it's enough to beat Surtur. i know he acts like its only mystical energy that can hurt surtur. galactus would own him. tyrant was kicking his ass on his ship. nuff said.

quanchi112
You don't get it at all.

The only reason why Tyrant was able to beat Galactus was because of Galactus' tech and Galactus' energy. u dont get it. tyrant never lost to anyone. in his depowered state the un took him out nothing else beat him. so im perplexed as u see a weakness in him.

llagrok
Quanchi, that comment proves how little you know about them and that you didn't read the comic.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Surtur seems the victor here. depowered tyrant never impressed me as much more than maybe 2 or 3 times more powerful than thanos. He certainly doesn't have any feats. one shotting Top tiers is something Thanos does all of the time. Tho Big G didn't want a fight with even depowered Tyrant so who knows. i know this answer. its becuz tyrant was a badass and big g didnt want none. he would avoid this confrontation if he could, he couldnt and they met and tyrant was winning. tyrant is for real.

llagrok
and tell us Quanchi, why did Tyrant win?

quanchi112

However, Thanos wasn't stalemating Tyrant with it, he was attacking and injuring him with it. Given the fact that we've seen Tyrant been injured by herald level beings should mean that Surtur is more than capable of killing him. surtur is a badass. but lets be serious here. tyrant has never lost. think back to when thor got the odin force and defeated him just like that. same time odin was fighting seth i believe. dont underestimate tyrant. he never lost in his depowered state.

quanchi112
and tell us Quanchi, why did Tyrant win? win what?

llagrok
1. Not having lost means nothing.

2. Surtur has always been locked away.

3. Why did Tyrant beat Galactus?

quanchi112
1. Not having lost means nothing.

2. Surtur has always been locked away.

3. Why did Tyrant beat Galactus? he didnt beat galactus he was beating him though. he absorbed hisenergy and turned his ship around on old big g. simple. he countered galactus moves. big g made him and fought him before i think he knows what tyrant is capable of. tyrant just countered galactus moves.

galactus even knew he was coming and was well fed. he had prep time to get ready for this. tyrant is just a badass.

MORE OF A BADASS THAT THOR BEATS IN A DAY WITH THE ODINFORCE.

quanchi112
and not having lost when u have owned badass heralds at once and were beating a wellfed prepared galactus says something. anyway u slice it.

wink

llagrok
See, this proves how big of an idiot you are. You're using the Tyrant - Galactus fight as a feat, when it's obvious that NOTHING Tyrant did there would work against Surtur.

When Tarene helped amplify Thor's powers a thousandfold, it still wasn't enough to take down Surtur. Odin had to sacrifice himself in addition. Sutur's armies were also giving the likes of BRB, Kurse and Balder a fight for their lives.

You hardly have any Tyrant feats AT ALL.

quanchi112
See, this proves how big of an idiot you are. You're using the Tyrant - Galactus fight as a feat, when it's obvious that NOTHING Tyrant did there would work against Surtur.

When Tarene helped amplify Thor's powers a thousandfold, it still wasn't enough to take down Surtur. Odin had to sacrifice himself in addition. Sutur's armies were also giving the likes of BRB, Kurse and Balder a fight for their lives.

You hardly have any Tyrant feats AT ALL. u dont know which time thor took down surtur that im referring to. did u ever read when seth was invading asgard with his death trooper squads and had bes with him helping him win. it took one issue i believe or thor down. odin didnt sacrifice himself. he was off beating seth.

i love how u go from u didnt read the comics to he couldnt do tha ro surtur. who beat tyrant. who even came close, galactus? try harder tyrant was a monster. if tyrant wanted asgard it would have been his. tyrant and galactus are more than odin and surtur. way more.

llagrok
You're an idiot, plain and simple.

You can't compare them at all. Tyrant's powers worked specifically well against Galactus, do you understand that? Is your fanboish idiot brain capable of comprehending that? Can you understand that it won't work against Surtur? can you?

What the hell is Tyrant going to do? Take control over non existent tech? He doesn't have what it takes to take down Surtur.

quanchi112
You're an idiot, plain and simple.

You can't compare them at all. Tyrant's powers worked specifically well against Galactus, do you understand that? Is your fanboish idiot brain capable of comprehending that? Can you understand that it won't work against Surtur? can you?

What the hell is Tyrant going to do? Take control over non existent tech? He doesn't have what it takes to take down Surtur. he wouldnt have to use those powers against surtur. i mean come on are u comparing galactus to surtur?

ur the one who seems a little slow on the uptake here. laughing

like tyrant doesnt have the power to just cave his head in.

laughing

do u know powerful tyrant is?

do u?

surtur fails as tyrant is above skyfather.

Sundipped

These questions were never answered. What is all this talk about Tyrant needing tech to beat Surtur? Does Galan need tech on hand to defeat any 1 he faces? NO!!! Tyrant is an image of Galactus himself (to a lesser degree) and is a universal cosmic being with superhuman strength, stamina, intellect, invulnerability, and weilder of the power cosmic that is 2nd only to Galactus in the Marvel Universe and has been around for BILLIONS of years. The biospheric energy from planets is what is used to fuel his power. He built up this energy the millions of years he was away then he came back. THIS GUY FEEDS LIKE GALACTUS! That's why they can't co-exist in the same universe.

Sutur=Asgard level, Odin, Thor, Loki threat. No need for UN.
Tyrant=Universal level, Galactus, heralds, cosmic team threat. Need for UN.
Tyrant>Surtur

quanchi112
These questions were never answered. What is all this talk about Tyrant needing tech to beat Surtur? Does Galan need tech on hand to defeat any 1 he faces? NO!!! Tyrant is an image of Galactus himself (to a lesser degree) and is a universal cosmic being with superhuman strength, stamina, intellect, invulnerability, and weilder of the power cosmic that is 2nd only to Galactus in the Marvel Universe and has been around for BILLIONS of years. The biospheric energy from planets is what is used to fuel his power. He built up this energy the millions of years he was away then he came back. THIS GUY FEEDS LIKE GALACTUS! That's why they can't co-exist in the same universe.

Sutur=Asgard level, Odin, Thor, Loki threat. No need for UN.
Tyrant=Universal level, Galactus, heralds, cosmic team threat. Need for UN.
Tyrant>Surtur thank you for telling this guy. just becuz he was using that to defeat galactus he acts like tyrant cant hurt surtur in any way.

tyrant is higher on the food chain like u described. tyrant is greater than surtur. he is a universal threat. nicely done, sundipped.

Sundipped
thank you for telling this guy. just becuz he was using that to defeat galactus he acts like tyrant cant hurt surtur in any way.

tyrant is higher on the food chain like u described. tyrant is greater than surtur. he is a universal threat. nicely done, sundipped.

Preciate it. thumb up
I got sick of all this tech talk. It's not the fact that he bent the tech but exerted the kind of power to reverse the energy flow and feed off of it. Any 1 who can overpower Galans ship (which has existed for billions of years, is empowered by him, and contains advanced tech beyond human comprehension) has enough power to destroy galaxies. Including the 1 Surtur is in. cool

quanchi112
Preciate it. thumb up
I got sick of all this tech talk. It's not the fact that he bent the tech but exerted the kind of power to reverse the energy flow and feed off of it. Any 1 who can overpower Galans ship (which has existed for billions of years, is empowered by him, and contains advanced tech beyond human comprehension) has enough power to destroy galaxies. Including the 1 Surtur is in. cool yeah i cant believe how some think tyrant isnt above skyfather level. the guy doesnt have a bad showing. it cracks me up at the lack of respect for tyrant. he has enough power to beat surtur senseless. it would be a good fight and i dont think its a curbstomp but i think tyrant wins it all day.

Xplosive
However, Thanos wasn't stalemating Tyrant with it, he was attacking and injuring him with it.

If he as attacking him and punching him, that doesn't mean Tyrant was injured, because he wasn't injured. I didn't see him injured, did you?
Thanos with orb had enough force to put Tyrant off his feet, to fell down, but that doesn't mean he was hurt, especially as we know what was the in last panel, completely nothing to Tyrant. It seemed Thanos only bought some time with punches, but I didn't see him hurt.

And about orb, Thanos with orb did better than those team, so that orb helped him obviously and helped him much in a battle with Tyrant.

And Tyrant still has probably enough power in DP state to take down Surtur. He wouldn't be able to do to him like against Galactus, but still should have enough his own power to take him down, but it could be also said that Surtur could to take him down.

Tyrant>Surtur

Generally, yes, Tyrant is a higher power level being than Surtur, because there is no chance Surtur would stand a chance against FP Tyrant.
This is DP Tyrant, where Surtur could possibly beat him.

Still, I would choose DP Tyrant.

llagrok
People choose DP tyrant and back it up with;

- He almost beat Galactus by taking over his own tech and absorbing his energy.
- Getting hurt by Terrax
- Getting humbled by Thanos
- Getting hurt by Ganymede
- Taking out some high heralds

You idiots have no way of proving that Tyrant is anywhere near Skyfather. He has NEVER fought anyone near Skyfather. The only one of impressive stature that he fought was Galactus.

Why doesn't that fight count? BECAUSE TYRANT WAS USING GALACTUS' TECHNOLOGY AGAINST HIM AND CAPABLE OF ABSORBING GALACTUS' ATTACKS. This is complete bullshit and shouldn't even be possible.

Why is that complete bullshit? Let's think for a second.

Apparently Galactus only employs bioshperic energy. That's just stupid. Galactus can use pretty much any form of energy he wants, thus he shouldn't have any problems harming Tyrant. Terrax uses the power cosmic as well and Tyrant couldn't absorb that, yet he could absorb the power cosmic from Galactus? Logic.

Stupid Rookie
Preciate it. thumb up
I got sick of all this tech talk. It's not the fact that he bent the tech but exerted the kind of power to reverse the energy flow and feed off of it. Any 1 who can overpower Galans ship (which has existed for billions of years, is empowered by him, and contains advanced tech beyond human comprehension) has enough power to destroy galaxies. Including the 1 Surtur is in. cool

Um Surtur can destroy galaxies buddy, Didn't he create twilight with the energy from an entire galaxy?

Stupid Rookie

I say that Tyrant takes the 7/10. Tyrant has talons and was visibly slashing Galactus in their final fight so I'm sure Sutur can be slashed. Aside from a physical confrontation Tyrant won't even have to go that route. He has enough powerful ranged attacks.

Honestly, I know this isn't the basis of your argument, but explain to me what a slash from T is going to do to Surtur?

You do realize he is over 1000 feet tall. I mean that is like stabbing me with a tiny splinter. I guess it might hurt, but not sure what real damage will be done.

Also given that Big G has had a weakness to magic, it might make sense that T would also.

quanchi112

- Getting hurt by Terrax

You idiots have no way of proving that Tyrant is anywhere near Skyfather. He has NEVER fought anyone near Skyfather. The only one of impressive stature that he fought was Galactus.

Why doesn't that fight count? BECAUSE TYRANT WAS USING GALACTUS' TECHNOLOGY AGAINST HIM AND CAPABLE OF ABSORBING GALACTUS' ATTACKS. This is complete bullshit and shouldn't even be possible.

Apparently Galactus only employs bioshperic energy. That's just stupid. Galactus can use pretty much any form of energy he wants, thus he shouldn't have any problems harming Tyrant. Terrax uses the power cosmic as well and Tyrant couldn't absorb that, yet he could absorb the power cosmic from Galactus? Logic. uhm galactus is above skyfather. who beat tyrant who is below skyfather? tell me who since everyone who disagrees with you now is an idiot? thats the worst way to argue. and heres another reason why ur argument stinks. u say its pis pretty much that tyrant shouldnt be able to do what he did to galactus, face it he did. the un stopped him though. so tyrant lost once to big and once to un. both would lay waste to surtur.

surtur and odin are both around skyfather level. tyrant and galactus are both beyond it. tyrant is outta their league. good fight but tyrant takes it.

quanchi112
Honestly, I know this isn't the basis of your argument, but explain to me what a slash from T is going to do to Surtur?

You do realize he is over 1000 feet tall. I mean that is like stabbing me with a tiny splinter. I guess it might hurt, but not sure what real damage will be done.

Also given that Big G has had a weakness to magic, it might make sense that T would also. u know gaalctus is a ginat being as well and is far more powerful than surtur. tyrant isnt freddy krueger and doesnt slash his way to victory. there is no proof that tyrant has a weakness to magic.

Stupid Rookie
u know gaalctus is a ginat being as well and is far more powerful than surtur. tyrant isnt freddy krueger and doesnt slash his way to victory. there is no proof that tyrant has a weakness to magic.

Galactus is tiny compared to Tyrant is terms of size. 1000 feet is huge.

Also you have no proof that Tyrant is above Skyfather. We have proof of Weapons created by Odin denting Galactus (stormbreaker and Mjonir) we also know that the Odin force once repelled Galactus, and that it didn't seem to repell Surtur.

Face it, we have very few appearances of either character, but IMO based on T's 2 appearances, Sutur takes this.
Tyrant:
1. He one shotted a few heralds, and took their best, Odin has done the same many times. He also did get knocked back by them, which odin did not.
2. Notice that many times when Thanos attacks Odin odin simply swats him away. Thanos is incredibly durable, but lets not pretend that Odin was at all threatened.
3. The time with the UN was used is basically not applicable because that particular advantage means nothing against Surtur.

Sundipped

The villan has to show some vulnerability for the storyline. What kind of story/plot has the villian manhandle every hero faced with no amount of damage done to him at all. My only question is why did it have to be Terrax or Ganymede out of the more powerful heroes. That right there makes no sense.

Any 1 who thinks Tyrant showed his true power against Thanos gauged the fight totally wrong. The last panel of their fight shows the difference in power levels. Thanos in bad shape under rubble. Tyrant standing unharmed in good shape.

See above comment on Terrax

No big deal. Piece a cake for Tyrant.

Who cares about a Skyfather level being? Just being able to almost overcome Galactus in any aspect, by any method (weather using tech, h2h, ranged attacks, etc.) shows the mark of great power in itself.

See my statement above. How is it not possible? This is a being created by Galactus. He feeds like him so why cant he absorb Galan's attacks? This is not bullshit but rather makes perfect sense.

It's not. No need to think about it.

Do u know what biospheric means? It is the energy of a planet as a whole including the atmosphere, surrounding orbit, magnetic field and everything else surrounding the planet. THIS IS WHAT FUELS TYRANT AND GALAN. Not the kind of power they possess. As far as Terrax goes check my above statement on him. Every storyline has some kind of a contradiction or crack in it. Terrax can cut him with a cosmic powered axe (Tyrant is cosmic powered, how could that happen?) but Stormbreaker (which is mystically enchanted/Tyrant has no mystical ties) just bounced off him. Hmmmm........

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alfheim

- Getting hurt by Terrax

Apparently Galactus only employs bioshperic energy. That's just stupid. Galactus can use pretty much any form of energy he wants, thus he shouldn't have any problems harming Tyrant. Terrax uses the power cosmic as well and Tyrant couldn't absorb that, yet he could absorb the power cosmic from Galactus? Logic.

Looks like ownage to me.

uhm galactus is above skyfather. who beat tyrant who is below skyfather? tell me who since everyone who disagrees with you now is an idiot? thats the worst way to argue. and heres another reason why ur argument stinks. u say its pis pretty much that tyrant shouldnt be able to do what he did to galactus, face it he did. the un stopped him though. so tyrant lost once to big and once to un. both would lay waste to surtur.

surtur and odin are both around skyfather level. tyrant and galactus are both beyond it. tyrant is outta their league. good fight but tyrant takes it.

This looks like a dumbass response that doesnt get anything you said. haermm

celestialdemon
uhm galactus is above skyfather. who beat tyrant who is below skyfather? tell me who since everyone who disagrees with you now is an idiot? thats the worst way to argue. and heres another reason why ur argument stinks. u say its pis pretty much that tyrant shouldnt be able to do what he did to galactus, face it he did. the un stopped him though. so tyrant lost once to big and once to un. both would lay waste to surtur.

Tyrant has only fought a handful of times. Once at full power against Galactus (lost), twice against a handful of cosmic beings (won), once against Thanos (was winning), and another time against Galactus (which he was winning). However, the ONLY reason he was winning the second fight against Galactus was because he used Galactus' own tech against him. Take away the tech, and he gets crushed. He doesn't have that option against Surtur.

Who has Tyrant beaten that's skyfather level or above besides the plot-device battle against Galactus? Any skyfathers, Elder Gods, Dark Gods, Proemial Gods, cosmic cube beings? No, he hasn't.

quanchi112
Looks like ownage to me.

This looks like a dumbass response that doesnt get anything you said. haermm its anything but ownage. the fact remains that galactus created tyrant. he knew what to expect. its just tyrant was well prepared and turned galactus two big moves against him. here is thor with the odin force knocking surtur out. he wasnt the only threat while odin is buys taking out seth thor is busy beating down surtur.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_400-28.jpg

quanchi112
Tyrant has only fought a handful of times. Once at full power against Galactus (lost), twice against a handful of cosmic beings (won), once against Thanos (was winning), and another time against Galactus (which he was winning). However, the ONLY reason he was winning the second fight against Galactus was because he used Galactus' own tech against him. Take away the tech, and he gets crushed. He doesn't have that option against Surtur.

Who has Tyrant beaten that's skyfather level or above besides the plot-device battle against Galactus? Any skyfathers, Elder Gods, Dark Gods, Proemial Gods, cosmic cube beings? No, he hasn't. so u punish him becuz he hasnt fought these beings. nope sorry but kicking galactus ass and for one thing galactus knew how what his creation was capable of. its not like he was fighting some stranger. i would think him being able to make galactus bleed would show people something. thor with odinforce on the fly as surtur just shows up was enough to ko him. odin came in and absorbed is elemental ass.

celestialdemon
so u punish him becuz he hasnt fought these beings. nope sorry but kicking galactus ass and for one thing galactus knew how what his creation was capable of. its not like he was fighting some stranger. i would think him being able to make galactus bleed would show people something. thor with odinforce on the fly as surtur just shows up was enough to ko him. odin came in and absorbed is elemental ass.

You're the one who is putting him up on a pedestal saying he's never lost a fight. I'm pointing out that he's only been in a handful of fights to begin with.

Galactus created Tyrant so he should have known what he was capable of? That's ridiculous. He also created SS but he had no idea that Surfer could harness the power of the crunch to destroy Tenebrous and Aegis.

So he made Galactus bleed. Impressive? Of course. Thanos also blasted Galactus through his own ship. Does that mean he can take Galactus without some kind of plot-device? Hell no.

quanchi112
You're the one who is putting him up on a pedestal saying he's never lost a fight. I'm pointing out that he's only been in a handful of fights to begin with.

Galactus created Tyrant so he should have known what he was capable of? That's ridiculous. He also created SS but he had no idea that Surfer could harness the power of the crunch to destroy Tenebrous and Aegis.

So he made Galactus bleed. Impressive? Of course. Thanos also blasted Galactus through his own ship. Does that mean he can take Galactus without some kind of plot-device? Hell no. considering the people tryant has faced yes its damn impressive. its not like hes kicking spiderman and venoms asses. i hvanet read surfer beating up on tenebrous and aegis using the crunch. what comic is that from?

tyrant not only made him bleed he had galactus fearing for his life. thats damn impressive.

Sundipped

Why is this so hard to comprehend? TYRANT DOES NOT (I REPEAT DOES NOT) NEED TECH TO BEAT SURTUR!

quanchi112
Why is this so hard to comprehend? TYRANT DOES NOT (I REPEAT DOES NOT) NEED TECH TO BEAT SURTUR! i know. i agree.

smile

Sundipped
He also created SS but he had no idea that Surfer could harness the power of the crunch to destroy Tenebrous and Aegis.

Now if anything is considered BS then it's this. How in the hell can Surfer (a being created by Galactus) be able to harness the crunch energy but Galan can't.

confused

quanchi112
Now if anything is considered BS then it's this. How in the hell can Surfer (a being created by Galactus) be able to harness the crunch energy but Galan can't.

confused what comic is this from sundipped? what issue and comic please. i wish to read this. i want to see how silver surfer pulled it off.

celestialdemon
Why is this so hard to comprehend? TYRANT DOES NOT (I REPEAT DOES NOT) NEED TECH TO BEAT SURTUR!

Proof. The only other time he fought him without tech was when he was full powered, and he lost.

llagrok
What has Tyrant done without his tech? Beaten a couple of high heralds and gotten injured by Terrax, Thanos and Ganymede.

No wait, Tyrant didn't even use his own tech, he had to use Galactus' tech.

quanchi112
Proof. The only other time he fought him without tech was when he was full powered, and he lost. ok and ur point is. this fight was different. tryant was winning. galactus used his energy and his tech first. tyrant didnt use it he countered what galactus did.

quanchi112
What has Tyrant done without his tech? Beaten a couple of high heralds and gotten injured by Terrax, Thanos and Ganymede.

No wait, Tyrant didn't even use his own tech, he had to use Galactus' tech. correction he used galactus tech against him. galactus used it first. he countered.

the old anything u can do i can better trick by tyrant.

celestialdemon
ok and ur point is. this fight was different. tryant was winning. galactus used his energy and his tech first. tyrant didnt use it he countered what galactus did.

My point is Tyrant hasn't beaten Galactus without using tech, and the tech he used was Galactus' own. That's the ONLY way he beat him.

You believe depowered Tyrant is at Galactus level (even more powerful since he was beating him). So, you think he can stalemate people like Agamotto and the In-Betweener, right?

llagrok
My point is Tyrant hasn't beaten Galactus without using tech, and the tech he used was Galactus' own. That's the ONLY way he beat him.

You believe depowered Tyrant is at Galactus level (even more powerful since he was beating him). So, you think he can stalemate people like Agamotto and the In-Betweener, right?

Quanchi knows it deep down, he just doesn't want to admit it.

It's very possible that Tyrant could win, but he doesn't have any feats to back it up with at all. Everyone's tossed around high heralds, even Thanos does it on a regular basis. The way that Tyrant was capable of absorbing Galactus' energy was complete bullshit as well. Galactus has always employed the power cosmic, which means that Tyrant was either using tech or that it was bs. I'll check which one it was later.

Either way, I'm done here. In the end all Quanchi and the Tyrant fanboys has is that he almost beat Galactus when absorbing his energy and using his technology. Tyrant had NO other way of injuring him, a way which wouldn't work on Surtur.

celestialdemon
Quanchi knows it deep down, he just doesn't want to admit it.

It's very possible that Tyrant could win, but he doesn't have any feats to back it up with at all. Everyone's tossed around high heralds, even Thanos does it on a regular basis. The way that Tyrant was capable of absorbing Galactus' energy was complete bullshit as well. Galactus has always employed the power cosmic, which means that Tyrant was either using tech or that it was bs. I'll check which one it was later.

Either way, I'm done here. In the end all Quanchi and the Tyrant fanboys has is that he almost beat Galactus when absorbing his energy and using his technology. Tyrant had NO other way of injuring him, a way which wouldn't work on Surtur.

I agree. I'm not doubting Tyrant is powerful. Anyone who can manhandle Thanos the way he did is a beast. I just hate the way he's made out to be more than he really is just because of the way he was beating Galactus in the second fight.

Stupid Rookie

confused

galactus can, he just said he couldn't survive easily with the amounts of energy.

Mant times Galactus has alluded to SS being his most powerful creation, and I believe in Annihilation he talks about SS eventually taking him down or something like that. SS at true potential could be a huge cosmic threat.

When we get down to it, Surtur regularly fights and sometimes owns Skyfather level beings.
We can not say the same thing about Tyrant.

llagrok
Surfer can't harness the crunch energy. He released it over them and pretty much sacrificed himself.

Sundipped
what comic is this from sundipped? what issue and comic please. i wish to read this. i want to see how silver surfer pulled it off.

Check out Annihilation Silver Surfer 4 issues and Heralds of Galactus 2 issues.

Sundipped
When we get down to it, Surtur regularly fights and sometimes owns Skyfather level beings.
We can not say the same thing about Tyrant.

Tyrant almost owned Galactus. Skyfather level beings get pwned.

Sundipped
Galactus attacked Tyrant with the tech from his ship and Tyrant reversed it and started draining Galactus's energy instead. This is just 1 of the many abilities of Tyrant. He already possesses massive power just to be able to do this. Any 1 who can drain enough power from Galan to make him weak (no matter how it's done) has incredible power. Don't fault Tyrant for using tech to beat Galan because Galan tried it first. In battle u are supposed to use what ever u can to your advantage and if the opposition presents u a chance u take it. Tyrant took it and he almost succeded. Damn UN!!!!

The key point is not what Tyrant did to counter Galan but the amount of power manipulated to make Galan weak. Tyrant knows how to bend tech so he used the method Galactus gave him. More importantly who else in the MU can drain Galan (through tech or by any other means) enough to make him weak and then proceed to gain the upper hand in a fight?

Galactus and Tyrant can't exist in the same universe because they both demand massive amounts of planetary energy and the universe ain't big enough for the both of em. Forget about feats, this is a fact and a feat in itself so to speak.

quanchi112
Galactus attacked Tyrant with the tech from his ship and Tyrant reversed it and started draining Galactus's energy instead. This is just 1 of the many abilities of Tyrant. He already possesses massive power just to be able to do this. Any 1 who can drain enough power from Galan to make him weak (no matter how it's done) has incredible power. Don't fault Tyrant for using tech to beat Galan because Galan tried it first. In battle u are supposed to use what ever u can to your advantage and if the opposition presents u a chance u take it. Tyrant took it and he almost succeded. Damn UN!!!!

The key point is not what Tyrant did to counter Galan but the amount of power manipulated to make Galan weak. Tyrant knows how to bend tech so he used the method Galactus gave him. More importantly who else in the MU can drain Galan (through tech or by any other means) enough to make him weak and then proceed to gain the upper hand in a fight?

Galactus and Tyrant can't exist in the same universe because they both demand massive amounts of planetary energy and the universe ain't big enough for the both of em. Forget about feats, this is a fact and a feat in itself so to speak. that damn un is right. without silly morg interrupting we were gonna see galactus fall to tyrant.

quanchi112
Check out Annihilation Silver Surfer 4 issues and Heralds of Galactus 2 issues. thanks.

Stupid Rookie
Surfer can't harness the crunch energy. He released it over them and pretty much sacrificed himself.

I think that remains to be seen. Yes if G hadn't re formed him he would have died, but if you remember, before he released the energy he was already dead. A&T say that he will shortly die of his wounds, so he was basically on his way out. To say that he is about to die afterwards does not mean it was becuase of the crunch energies.

llagrok
I think that remains to be seen. Yes if G hadn't re formed him he would have died, but if you remember, before he released the energy he was already dead. A&T say that he will shortly die of his wounds, so he was basically on his way out. To say that he is about to die afterwards does not mean it was becuase of the crunch energies.

T&A cracked his armor, he lost an arm and an leg while releasing the crunch energies. But yeah, that doesn't matter.

celestialdemon

Galactus and Tyrant can't exist in the same universe because they both demand massive amounts of planetary energy and the universe ain't big enough for the both of em. Forget about feats, this is a fact and a feat in itself so to speak.

So you say it was Tyrant's own awesome power that allowed him to turn Galactus' tech against him. So, how would he go about beating Surtur? What does Surtur have that Tyrant can possibly use against him? Also, if you think depowered Tyrant is more powerful than Galactus, how would he fair against the In-Betweener or Agamotto?

The fact is Tyrant was beating Galactus because he used Galan's own tech against him. Could Tyrant have won without the tech being present? Highly questionable and considering he couldn't beat Galactus when he was at full power, I very much doubt it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>