Thanos vs. SuperMAN of Tanget

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I know thanos has more showings, but from what we do see, how would this go?

King Kandy
Probably Thanos, SuperMAN's TP (His only possible edge) won't work.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Probably Thanos, SuperMAN's TP (His only possible edge) won't work.

I thought he had a shit load of other powers.

Superboy Prime
He does.

King Kandy
He has a shit load of powers, but versatality doesn't mean much when every single one of those powers can't do much damage to Thanos...

nvrbeenwthagirl
He has a shit load of powers, but versatality doesn't mean much when every single one of those powers can't do much damage to Thanos...

Doesn't he give himself the power he needs to defeat an opponent? I saw this as a good fight. Not calling a winner cause I dont' know enough about tanget to give a good judgement.

quanchi112
thanos kills this superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos kills this superman.

Why post when we know what you are going to say?

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Why post when we know what you are going to say? i dont always side with thanos. i dont see thanos beating depowered tyrant or gog from kingdom without prep. those are two just off the top of my head. superman dies here and badly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i dont always side with thanos. i dont see thanos beating depowered tyrant or gog from kingdom without prep. those are two just off the top of my head. superman dies here and badly.

Tell me, what issues did this superman appear in? What are his powers? what are his abilities and his history?

quanchi112
whats the point of telling you. u try and twist things around. supes dies here, bottom line quit trying to make thanos look bad.

Superboy Prime
whats the point of telling you. u try and twist things around. supes dies here, bottom line quit trying to make thanos look bad.

Copout.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Copout.

basically.

quanchi112
Copout. sigh...harvey dent hes an evolved human a million years di=own the genetic line possessing facilities for physical perfection,telepathy,telekinesis, and ability to manipulate his physiolgy to grant himself whatever extra powers he needs. satisfied.

quanchi112
again this wastes valuable time. i dont have to prove myself to anyone here.

charlemagne9746
again this wastes valuable time. i dont have to prove myself to anyone here.

Quanchi...it's been a while, son.

What are you doin' in a Superman/Thanos thread?

dur

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Quanchi...it's been a while, son.

What are you doin' in a Superman/Thanos thread?

dur proving that thanos wins here.

King Kandy
I don't think SuperMAN can do anything Thanos can't counter.

Superboy Prime
ROFL. He's so proving it all right.

nvrbeenwthagirl
sigh...harvey dent hes an evolved human a million years di=own the genetic line possessing facilities for physical perfection,telepathy,telekinesis, and ability to manipulate his physiolgy to grant himself whatever extra powers he needs. satisfied.

Um you got that off a wiki bio. You didnt' answer anything i asked.

Soljer
Doesn't SuperMAN have an "I win" button?

Superboy Prime
He makes up the "Thanos Owning" power and wins?

*Runs for cover*

Soljer
He makes up the "Thanos Owning" power and wins?

*Runs for cover*

More or less. stick out tongue.

Avalonofthewind
I love that all are using my way of typing SuperMAN to differentiate Harvey from Clark. smile

Good fight. Tough to judge as Thanos has tons more appearances than Harvey.

I can say this though. Thanos should keep any dangerous tech out of this fight...as he would end up regretting it. He'd probably do better trying to brawl it out because outsmarting Harvey is something else he wouldn't be able to do.

Like I said. Tough.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I love that all are using my way of typing SuperMAN to differentiate Harvey from Clark. smile

Good fight. Tough to judge as Thanos has tons more appearances than Harvey.

I can say this though. Thanos should keep any dangerous tech out of this fight...as he would end up regretting it. He'd probably do better trying to brawl it out because outsmarting Harvey is something else he wouldn't be able to do.

Like I said. Tough. dont underestimate thanos. he has outsmarted the grandmaster and thats no easy task.

Alfheim
dont underestimate thanos. he has outsmarted the grandmaster and thats no easy task.

I dunno man there was PIS in that comic. Sometimes Thanos is the cosmic Wolverine.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dunno man there was PIS in that comic. Sometimes Thanos is the cosmic Wolverine. pis in the thanos quest? is that what u meant?

laughing

Alfheim
pis in the thanos quest? is that what u meant?

laughing

Yeah how do you make somebody who is immortal old?

quanchi112
Yeah how do you make somebody who is immortal old? read the comic before u start talking trash of it. its a pretty weak excuse in a debate to cry pis everytime it suits ur opinion in an argument.

pis is when spiderman defeats firelord.

Alfheim
read the comic before u start talking trash of it. its a pretty weak excuse in a debate to cry pis everytime it suits ur opinion in an argument.

1. You didnt answer the question.
2. I have read and own the comic. no expression

King Kandy
Yeah how do you make somebody who is immortal old?
Yeah that confused me as well... Elder's are supposed to be ageless, so excellerating time won't do anything to them...

quanchi112
1. You didnt answer the question.
2. I have read and own the comic. no expression sigh. ill let the comic book answer it for me. its obvious u just want to cru pis to the heavens when the comic explains this for you.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos_Quest_2_17.jpg

im gettin sick of showing people the errors of their ways on here. i tell it how it is.

quanchi112
Yeah that confused me as well... Elder's are supposed to be ageless, so excellerating time won't do anything to them... i posted the comic book to clear up your confusion as well.

Galan007
Yeah that confused me as well... Elder's are supposed to be ageless, so excellerating time won't do anything to them... Meh,

The time gem overwrote that "law". ermm

King Kandy
Well that's stupid... Most Elders have been alive for 5 billion+ years, I think they would have noticed some slight ageing...

Plus Death made them truly 100% immortal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well that's stupid... Most Elders have been alive for 5 billion+ years, I think they would have noticed some slight ageing...

Plus Death made them truly 100% immortal. I agree. The time gem alone is not going to over ride the decree of Death.

quanchi112

Plus Death made them truly 100% immortal. point is i answered the question and the comic book did it for me. this is a lesson for the kiddies out there.

dont question quanchi. hes no lemming and thinks on his own. i also dont cry pis when it would help out my argument.

quanchi112
I agree. The time gem alone is not going to over ride the decree of Death. cant argue with on panel facts. comic are by nature illogical. accept. its much better this way.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh,

The time gem overwrote that "law". ermm

No its a TIME gem, so all it does is accelerate time. So therefore if somebody is immortal you cant make them old.

What so Elders are greatly decelerated now, so they decided to retcon it specifically so Thanos could beat them. They've been classifed as immortal for 100s of years so now in the comic they're not.

its been stated categorically that they're are immune to aging. Didnt Death make it impossible for them to die? The comic is wrong its still PIS.

Thanos states in that scan that The Runner would eventually die how the **** is he going to die when Death wont take them. PIS.

If he had a reality gem maybe you could argue that case.

Galan007
I agree. The time gem alone is not going to over ride the decree of Death. The TG alone, can completely manipulate/control time, on a Universal scale...

If anything could override Death's decree of "agelessness"..... The TG could.

. lol

quanchi112
No its a TIME gem, so all it does is accelerate time. So therefore if somebody is immortal you cant make them old.

What so Elders are greatly decelerated now, so they decided to retcon it specifically so Thanos could beat them. They've been classifed as immortal for 100s of years so now in the comic they're not.

its been stated categorically that they're are immune to aging. Didnt Death make it impossible for them to die? The comic is wrong its still PIS.

Thanos states in that scan that The Runner would eventually die how the **** is he going to die when Death wont take them. PIS.

If he had a reality gem maybe you could argue that case. i gavce u the answer from a comic. u cry pis. u wnat to pick and choose what u take. weak for a debator. comic books dont have to make sense. this isnt a spiderman beatinf firelord case here. keep crying pis becuz this is canon. u cant change it.
stick out tongue

Alfheim
The TG alone, can completely manipulate/control time, on a Universal scale...

If anything could override Death's decree of "agelessness"..... The TG could.

. lol

Well no that depends on who posseses it. Just ebcause you have an infinity gem doesnt all of a sudden make you all powerful you can still be beaten.

Alfheim
i gavce u the answer from a comic. u cry pis. u wnat to pick and choose what u take. weak for a debator. comic books dont have to make sense. this isnt a spiderman beatinf firelord case here. keep crying pis becuz this is canon. u cant change it.
stick out tongue

Well no if Death cant take them how can you kill them using time? So the infinity gem makes you more powerful than death?

quanchi112
Well no that depends on who posseses it. Just ebcause you have an infinity gem doesnt all of a sudden make you all powerful you can still be beaten. when did anyone say the time gem could make thanos all powerful. he was saying that it could override mistress deaths decree. time gem gives u control over time not mistress death.

comic page i posted answered ur question.

quanchi112
Well no if Death cant take them how can you kill them using time? So the infinity gem makes you more powerful than death? all the gems makes her nothing to when stacked up to it. when u have the whole ig u saw how weak death was to thanos. this was one gem that gave thanos the control over time. not death but thanos.

Alfheim
when did anyone say the time gem could make thanos all powerful. he was saying that it could override mistress deaths decree. time gem gives u control over time not mistress death.

comic page i posted answered ur question.

Yes but hes trying to KILL somebody. If Death cant take you how can you kill somebody using time, in fact how can you kill them at all?

Galan007
Well no that depends on who posseses it. Just ebcause you have an infinity gem doesnt all of a sudden make you all powerful you can still be beaten. Rune completely mucked with time on a Universal scale, with just the TG...

If Rune could do it, I have no doubts that Thanos could do the same. smile

Alfheim
Rune completely mucked with time on a Universal scale, with just the TG...

If Rune could do it, I have no doubts that Thanos could do the same. smile

Yes and what did he do? All the gem enables you to do is increase and decrease time. If somebody is immortal it still means you cant make them age, thats what immortality means.

quanchi112
Rune completely mucked with time on a Universal scale, with just the TG...

If Rune could do it, I have no doubts that Thanos could do the same. smile thumb up

with time travel itself u could really alter all of reality. with the time gem just think of all the possibilities.

Galan007
Yes and what did he do? All the gem enables you to do is increase and decrease time. If somebody is immortal it still means you cant make them age, thats what immortality means. Apparently not..... At least where the Elders are concerned. smile

Alfheim
thumb up

with time travel itself u could really alter all of reality. with the time gem just think of all the possibilities.

Er yeah it would enable you to control the aspect of reality TIME. Noticed how you dindt refer to my question Thanos even implied that he could have killed Runner. How can he do that when Death cant take them?.

Apparently not..... At least where the Elders are concerned. smile

yes and what explanation did Thanos give for being able to make Runner old. He said that Runner was VIRTUALLY immortal, therefore if he was truly immortal he would not have been able to do it, because immortality means you have an infinite lifespan, therefore having an infinity gem isnt going to help that.

Galan007
yes and what explanation did Thanos give for being able to make Runner old. He said that Runner was VIRTUALLY immortal, therefore if he was truly immortal he would not have been able to do it, because immortality means you have an infinite lifespan, therefore having an infinity gem isnt going to help that. It's a comic...

Nonsensical or not, that's just what happened. smile

Alfheim
It's a comic...

Nonsensical or not, that's just what happened. smile

Thats a cop out. Some things in comics dont make sense compared to the real world but it still has its own logic. Thats like saying it makes sense if Capos shield gets penetrated by a bullet when it can take shots from Gladiator.

Furthermore why do you think we have rules like PIS and SvFL, so we just accept it because it happened in a comic. The whole point of theese rules is to compare what the hero can do and look at his history, evaluate everything and if it doesnt make any sense then its PIS, not just to accept it because its in a comicbook.

What mlakes it even more PIS is that Runner had a gem on him in the first place. Just having a gem amps your power. So not only cant death take him but he has an infinity gem and Thanos was still able to do that.

Galan007
Thats a cop out. So it's a cop out to say that something which happened in a comic...... Did in fact happen? confused

srug

I didn't come in here to argue about the paradox that is, immortality....

But I'm sure someone else will "take up the reins".. smile

Alfheim
So it's a cop out to say that something which happened in a comic...... Did in fact happen? confused

I didn't come in here to argue about the paradox that is, immortality....

But I'm sure someone else will "take up the reins".. smile

No no no no no no no no. Is that what im saying? I said we have to evaluate what happened. I even asked you to analysis what Thanos said. Thanos stated that he could kill Runner because he was virtually immortal, which therefore means he would not be able to do this if he were immortal.....and the Elders are because they cant be taken by death.

Why do you think I gave the example of Captain america sheild being penetrated by a bullet, what I said went completely over your head.

Galan007
Why do you think I gave the example of Captain america sheild being penetrated by a bullet, what I said went completely over your head. Don't get pissy cowboy...

I already told you I wasn't going to argue this..... Someone else probably will though. smile

Alfheim
Don't get pissy cowboy...

I already told you I wasn't going to argue this..... Someone else probably will though. smile

Ok I tell you what shall we calm down? Ok lets do a deal, I'll try not to get pissy, but the reason why im getting pissy is because I feel you are not making an effort. I thought my points were very logical all you seemed to do is just ignore them and smile at me. It sound like from the go you are just being patronising.

So i'll stop being pissy if you try to make an effort. no expression

Galan007
Ok I tell you what shall we calm down? Ok lets do a deal, I'll try not to get pissy, but the reason why im getting pissy is because I feel you are not making an effort. I thought my points were very logical all you seemed to do is just ignore them and smile at me. It sound like from the go you are just being patronising.

So i'll stop being pissy if you try to make an effort. no expression I never said your points were illogical or necessarily wrong.... Just that I'm not going to argue them. smile

Alfheim
I never said your points were illogical or necessarily wrong.... Just that I'm not going to argue them. smile

Well why not? Thats an important part of the argument, I thought we were here to discuss comics? If you dont want to debate an important point it seems like a cop out. Yes and you did imply that my points were wrong. I gave a reasonable explanation of what im saying and without analysing what I said you came to the same conclusion obvoulsy you didnt really read what I said.

If you're just going to leave half way thorugh debates when important points are made whats the point?

Galan007
Well why not? Thats an important part of the argument, I thought we were here to discuss comics? If you dont want to debate an important point it seems like a cop out. Yes and you did imply that my points were wrong. I gave a reasonable explanation of what im saying and without analysing what I said you came to the same conclusion obvoulsy you didnt really read what I said.

If you're just going to leave half way thorugh debates when important points are made whats the point? I never started debating in the first place... I just put something out there, and left it at that...

If you want to call me not wishing to debate this trivial point, a "cop out"...

Then go right ahead.... It won't bother me at all. smile

Alfheim
I never started debating in the first place... I just put something out there, and left it at that...

Yeah and I questioned you on it.

If you want to call me not wishing to debate this trivial point, a "cop out"...

Then go right ahead.... It won't bother me at all. smile

Well no its trivial point(s). Ok could you please explain to me how my point(s) are trivial then?

Juntai
lol

quanchi112
Er yeah it would enable you to control the aspect of reality TIME. Noticed how you dindt refer to my question Thanos even implied that he could have killed Runner. How can he do that when Death cant take them?.

yes and what explanation did Thanos give for being able to make Runner old. He said that Runner was VIRTUALLY immortal, therefore if he was truly immortal he would not have been able to do it, because immortality means you have an infinite lifespan, therefore having an infinity gem isnt going to help that. listen it happened in the comic. u cant argue, its a stated fact. u want to discuss this philosphically when there is no need. thanos beat him with the time gem. simple as that. maybe he would go into oblivion. who knows another death realm. lots of crazy possibiliteis. the point is u cant argue with it. comics are illogical by nature u must accept this.

Tyrant
Anyway, I remember someone giving an explanation, that Runner can't age, but Thanos forced his body to age.

It would be the same as aging someone manually who just bathed in the fountain of youth.

That's what I'm going by anyway.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Tyrant
Anyway, I remember someone giving an explanation, that Runner can't age, but Thanos forced his body to age.

It would be the same as aging someone manually who just bathed in the fountain of youth.

That's what I'm going by anyway.

Well no. We have to look at what Thanos said. Thanos said "Greately decelerated aging, nothing more. Still mortal." What does this mean? This means that they are virtually immortal, he also states "You could remain like this for oh, another few billion years." Runner was so old he looked like he was on hid death bed, Thanos implied that after a few billion years he would be dead.

What can we deduce from this? We can deduce that Thanos was able to make them old because they were virtually immortal, but this is incorrect because Death cant take them. So the whole things is a pile of crap.

quanchi112
Well no. We have to look at what Thanos said. Thanos said "Greately decelerated aging, nothing more. Still mortal." What does this mean? This means that they are virtually immortal, he also states "You could remain like this for oh, another few billion years." Runner was so old he looked like he was on hid death bed, Thanos implied that after a few billion years he would be dead.

What can we deduce from this? We can deduce that Thanos was able to make them old because they were virtually immortal, but this is incorrect because Death cant take them. So the whole things is a pile of crap. no. its just u cant accept it. let it go. accept it. its proven on panel. nothing else needs to be said.

Superboy Prime
Galan did you finally give up and ignored Quanchi?

Lord Prime
I say this would come to a draw both are super smart and both are powerful.

quanchi112
Galan did you finally give up and ignored Quanchi? over in the sbp vs doomsday thread, avalon wind also thinks sbp could get a win. see stay the course. i dont care how many disgaree with me until they make a point to change my mind i dont change. remember that. u didnt believe in sbp while avalonwind and did.

laughing out loud

Superboy Prime
over in the sbp vs doomsday thread, avalon wind also thinks sbp could get a win. see stay the course. i dont care how many disgaree with me until they make a point to change my mind i dont change. remember that. u didnt believe in sbp while avalonwind and did.

laughing out loud

No thanks.

quanchi112
No thanks. well i believe in sbp and his might.

Superboy Prime
well i believe in sbp and his might.

I believe in it too but I don't see him dishing out Entropy level damage to take out HP Doomsday.

That's the thing.

quanchi112
I believe in it too but I don't see him dishing out Entropy level damage to take out HP Doomsday.

That's the thing. hes precrisis. he wreckthe the speed barrier. he punched into our reality. hes so damn powerful its scary. he could kil him once.

Superboy Prime
Cool. That's your opinion. This ain't the thread for this, but honestly I don't don't feel like debating it any longer.

quanchi112
Cool. That's your opinion. This ain't the thread for this, but honestly I don't don't feel like debating it any longer. fine

thanos kills harvey dent.

Hella_delph

Wrathful_Grapes
no you naive mod, it's TWO-Face, cause he backstabs his mother. He still owes her money

PokeMark007
Originally posted by Hella_delph
Eyy. This 'arvey Dent guy? Ain't that supposed to be Three-face? rock

I hate you for taking my job? I feel so worthless. crybaby

Wrathful_Grapes
well if you didn't complain so much about Svend, AJ, Whirly, and marcus, you wouldn't be in this predictament

SPELLING OWNS YEAH YEAH

PokeMark007
Originally posted by Wrathful_Grapes
well if you didn't complain so much about Svend, AJ, Whirly, and marcus, you wouldn't be in this predictament

SPELLING OWNS YEAH YEAH

I hate you too. Instead of promoting me to global, they demoted me and gave my job to hella. Luckily I came up with a stupid excuse that everyone bought, which was telling everyone I asked admin for lesser responsibilities.

Hella_delph
EDIT- Lawlz.

Alfheim
*ahem*

What can we deduce from this? We can deduce that Thanos was able to make them old because they were virtually immortal, but this is incorrect because Death cant take them. So the whole things is a pile of crap.

Captain REX
Sweet, a sock to edit posts from...

Alfheim
bump

guy222
not thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.